Would an X-men SL/Game/RP be asking for too much?

Started by Mistiq, April 08, 2006, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

Quote from: Mistiq on April 12, 2006, 06:34:56 PM
As right as you are, at the moment I feel like drawing so I might keep it open. I will draw the places where the game could be set and then think of something. I don't think I will play this one though. It's kinda like when you spend time clean buckets of chitterlings only to not eat them.

Heh-heh...

Buckets of chitterlings?  What's that?  I don't think I've cleaned buckets of anything only to not eat them, except maybe bushels of apples.  Bushels are bucket like.

Darwishi

I think I'm gonna ressurect my Fayth character from another site.  ^^

LordAnubis

I think I'm bringing Ammon here, with some modifications.

Mistiq

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on April 12, 2006, 10:31:05 PM
Buckets of chitterlings?  What's that?  I don't think I've cleaned buckets of anything only to not eat them, except maybe bushels of apples.  Bushels are bucket like.
*Chuckle* My bad, I forget not everybody will now what I am taking about when I mention food. Chitterlings are pig entrails, my family(ies) are from Arkansas, Texas, and Mississippi respectfully, we eat alot of things some people may consider odd or gross. E.G.: Rabbit, Duck, Goose, Goat, Pig Snoot, Pig Feet, Pig Ears, Pig Tails, Opposum, Racoon, that sorta thing, Chitterlings stick to high heaven when bought, not raised and are hours of work to clean. I have a lot of relatives who will clean them, and not eat them because of all the work they put into cleaning them. I was just using that to say after putting a lot of work into something like this, the brain will be to exhausted to play.

Oh and of the list made of the top of my head, I have eaten everything save Pig snoot and ears, opposum, and racoon. I don't eat or clean chitterlings because the smell makes me gag.

Natalie C. Barney

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Rayve13

I recognized them, just didn't want to think about them too much.

Mistiq

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on April 13, 2006, 02:05:25 PM
That's gross! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :P
Like I say with food, I will try anything once, if I like it I'll try it again. In my time here I have learn to never bad-mouth anything until you've tried it. But food wise to each her own...

Rayve13

Considering the number of original characters people are planning, has anyone considered a more New Mutants kind of arraingment (i.e. a training team)? It would explain the changeover from the regulars, and we could still include a regular or two to show that it's still an X team.

Mindhazingsquid

The good Professor would be a good start for that.

Mistiq

Darwishi

Do all characters have to be of the X-men variety?  Just wondering if you can have your loner characters too.  (Like Spider-man for example.)  Or if someone can play a badguy, such things as that.

Rayve13

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on April 14, 2006, 09:14:46 PM
The good Professor would be a good start for that.
Or Emma Frost, since she's apparenetly taken over for Charles in the current run. Or even Just a veteran like Cyc, Forge, or Storm, someone with leadership experience.

tcost

I've played the professor before.  The only trouble with playing Charles is that he rarely gets any action.  He's had his legs fixed on and off, so he need not be incapable, but the gap in terms of age and experience is a big one, and ladies like Storm and Jean usually have other partners -- and the younger ones are just too young for him. 

Emma Frost, on the other hand, has been an explicit sex object from the word go.  She might do better than the Professor.
I prefer justice to irony.

Rayve13

Indeed, just look at her 'uniform'.  :P

And I could run Emma if need be, though I'd probably also want to run a newer type as well. If I'm doing both, Emma will be something of a background figure, only occassionally getting 'involved with the students' in a direct way.

Darwishi

tcost

Not too much in the background, I hope!  For one thing, I'd enjoy having a scene with her -- even as Charles.  What characters need filling, at this point, the most?

LordAnubis

I'd like Emma in charge, if only because Charles is.. well charles.  He is the old guy in the wheel chair, hard at least for me to see him sneaking after one of his teeny bopper students.  Could see Emma doing that easy, just hard to see it with Xavier.

Though, he could be used as the check.  Keep the students from just having sex on the kitchen counter during breakfast, trying not to get caught in the act, since he says he doesn't run around reading minds it'd be possible to avoid getting caught when he wasn't specficly looking in on you.  Unless he rolls in on you.

Rayve13

Seems the consensus is Emma as the team supervisor, which works just fine for me. Charles will be fine as a total backgrounder, kind of the boogyman for our rather promiscuous team. I figure (and plan to run) Emma as something of a "don't get caught' sort, since she's always wanted her students to be sneaky types ever since she ran the Hellions.

Does anyone else think we need a created thread for this, or should one of us just post it somewhere? I'm thinking created, since we'll want individual rooms, a Danger Room, a Cerebra chamber, and a few other scene locations.

Mindhazingsquid

A hangar maybe for the X-Jet.  A living room, kitchen, the grounds. Since it's a mansion there are a lot of places.

tcost

A created thread, for sure.  If this is done well, it will be a complex and wide-ranging game.

My problem is that while I know the early X-Men like the back of my hand, I haven't been reading them since the early nineties.  I'm not even sure which characters are still alive, who's gone bad, and so forth.

Darwishi

I don't think it really matters if we're creating a new team full of new and original (for the most part) members.  We also need a New York City thread, for those of us who aren't playing X-men...at first anyway. 

Natalie C. Barney

Doesn't matter with all the parellel Earths in the Marvel Universe you can have it anyway you want.  ;D
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Rayve13

I'm pretty current on them, and Wiki has a decent listing here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men

Most of those have articles attached that should give current affiliations. If not, I'm content to wing it pretty well, considering people change sides/return unexpectedly frequently when a new grouping is being formed.

Rayve13

Okay, anyone have any opposition to me going ahead and starting the thread for this?

Darwishi

By thread, you mean game, right?  Like multiple threads?