Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anony Mouse

With about 10 million players there is bound to be someone here who plays it.

Wolfy

Proudmoore.

Part of the Stonewall Family. o3o

Alliance

Draenei Shaman, baby. o3o

Anony Mouse

Noice, besides the shammy my favorite class is rogue. I have an 80 of both on Echo Iles.

Zakharra

I play WoW. Sentinels server, US. Both Alliance and Hordeside.

Anony Mouse

Which are your favorite classes?

GeekFury

Used to be, level 80 Warrior on Earthen Ring EU before I kicked the habbit.

Serephino

I play on and off on Lothar.  I like rogues and priests. 

Darkpoet

I play on and off.  Currently have a blood elf lock on earthen ring(lvl 80), and just made a night elf druid alt over on Darkspear for when I have random cravings for ganking and world PvP goodness.

LIAR

elliedark

I used to play, but I've since kicked the habit as well. I'm an old fart wow player. Let's put it this way: I remember when WARSONG GULTCH was added, and damn it I had fun waiting outside of the battleground while I waited for the other people on the server to que up.  When I started playing, Onyxia wasn't even in the game, and when she came back again, I decided I've done a full round and it was time to quit. I was an officer in quite a few guilds in my day and I've done BRD more times then I though was possible. I've done it all, from Molten Core to AQ40 and even the original Naxx (though, we focused more on AQ40) and I remember getting his for over a million damage from C'thun xD.

My druid was the second character I ever made and I have been playing her since then, and I even remember exactly where I was when I hit 60. Now adays you younggins got yer fancy LFG and yer niffty "instant que" fer battle grounds. Back in MAH day, we had to wait around the meeting stone looking for other people to come click on it and join mah party AND WE LIKED IT! =P

In the end, I had a level 80 Night Elf Druid (over 1200 spirit unbuffed going into Ulduar /flex I got more mp5 from Kings then wisdom xD), a level 80 Human Warlock, and a NE Level 80 Rogue. I felt it was time to stop. The only reason I was still playing was for the people, many of which I still miss from the old days and will remember them for the friends they were, but it became to much. I just stopped and never looked back. I don't plan on purchasing Cataclysm and am happy to say I'm done with it.

Anyway. You kids have it easy now, so don't complain if you still play =P
All that is and never was joining hands just because.
Ellie's O/O

Salinde

Hey Ellie, I'm an old fart WoW player as well :) You brought me back to those nostalgic days...I remember when flight paths didn't connect! When there was only one auction house per faction (not counting the goblin ones that no one ever uses), but in my day, we didn't have meeting stones.

I still play, my main is an 80 priest on Draka, horde of course, and I'll probably buy Cata because I'm a whore for Blizzard apparently. Yes! Yes! Let me throw my money at you for something that will probably be horribly fail! But let's hope not because you just got fifty of my American paper moneys!

I used to play on Laughing Skull, but it's a PvP realm which was kind of annoying, and then the population went up about 300%, from Medium pop to Locked, and you had to wait in a friggin' queue just to log into it, because of that stupid Leeroy Jenkins video.  Yes, he was on my old server. And no, I never talked to him. :P
My muse is a fickle beast. It often runs off, and calls in a substitute, whom I call "Stupid Ideas Guy" and won't return to relieve him of duty.

O/O

Anony Mouse

* whips out cane to raise* Tell me about it. I use to play wow back when it was vanilla. We had to use them track-ball mouses, uphill...in the SNOW.

The Golden Touch

Not the snow!

I play a NE feral druid.  Go me, I'm the tank.  Anyways, I've been played for two years or so?  I think I prefer pre-LK, and I really hope Cata doesn't fall flat on its face.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aiden

The game needs an overhaul badly, I have been playing since vanilla in my "phases" mostly due to a guild that will take me on raids when I show up. If I didn't have that I would have quit, but I am a "uncle" to the Gm as we have known each other for 4-5 years now, and always hang out when we go to blizzcon or if I go up towards North Cali or he comes down to SD as he can't stay away from carne asada fries and Hodads (burger joint)

Serephino

I remember WoW life before meeting stones.  Back then a lvl 10 item in the Auction House was a few silver, not a few gold.  There was a global LFG channel that you didn't have to be in a city or a queue for.  You didn't have to worry about farmers stealing your account to sell or spam with... Those were the days. 

Wolfy

Quote from: Aiden on June 17, 2010, 07:07:54 PM
The game needs an overhaul badly, I have been playing since vanilla in my "phases" mostly due to a guild that will take me on raids when I show up. If I didn't have that I would have quit, but I am a "uncle" to the Gm as we have known each other for 4-5 years now, and always hang out when we go to blizzcon or if I go up towards North Cali or he comes down to SD as he can't stay away from carne asada fries and Hodads (burger joint)

It's getting an overhaul with Cata. Most zones are going to be permanently changed.

Salinde

Quote from: Sparkling Angel on June 17, 2010, 10:04:22 PM
I remember WoW life before meeting stones.  Back then a lvl 10 item in the Auction House was a few silver, not a few gold.  There was a global LFG channel that you didn't have to be in a city or a queue for.  You didn't have to worry about farmers stealing your account to sell or spam with... Those were the days. 

So true.

Quote from: Anony Mouse on June 17, 2010, 03:03:30 AM
* whips out cane to raise* Tell me about it. I use to play wow back when it was vanilla. We had to use them track-ball mouses, uphill...in the SNOW.

*Staggers out in a walker* World pvp! That'll learn 'em! FOR THE HORDE! *fake teeth pop out, shoves them back in* When it was nearly impossible to get an epic mount, and it was a stretch for me to even buy a normal one! When you saw an undead on a raptor, you knew they lived for grinding for the nearly impossible. (I swear I only saw someone riding another race's mount like...twice, in vanilla)
My muse is a fickle beast. It often runs off, and calls in a substitute, whom I call "Stupid Ideas Guy" and won't return to relieve him of duty.

O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Anony Mouse on June 17, 2010, 03:03:30 AM

What is wrong with a trackball? I use a logitech trackball still..

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 18, 2010, 01:22:12 AM
What is wrong with a trackball? I use a logitech trackball still..

Well..it sucks when it gets all gunky...

and...Laser Mice are faster, I think. o3o

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on June 18, 2010, 02:04:33 AM
Well..it sucks when it gets all gunky...

and...Laser Mice are faster, I think. o3o

Considering it uses a laser to track the motion I don't see how and doesn't get any gunkier than the little pads on the bottom of the laser mouse I'd say try another argument

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 18, 2010, 02:21:16 AM
Considering it uses a laser to track the motion I don't see how and doesn't get any gunkier than the little pads on the bottom of the laser mouse I'd say try another argument

Generally with a Laser mouse, you don't have to clean inside it.

With a Trackball mouth, you not only have to clean the ball, you also have to pull it out and clean the little 'tracking' parts inside it as well. This is rather tedious work, even with tweezers.

elliedark

Meeting stones have always been there, but originally they did NOTHING! You stood around them and hopped someone else came by and clicked on it, because you couldn't just ask them to join.

I had actually forgotten FPs didn't connect and it always bothered the hell out of me when I need to fly from Moonglade (go go gadget Moonglade TP! =P) to Silithus for AQ because you had to stop at Feathermoon first! So I'd hop on the 15 minute flight, and go occupy my time and come back to find myself afk in Feralas x.x  Speaking of AQ40, THE TWIN EMPERORS ARE STILL THE HARDEST GOD DAMN FIGHT IN THE GAME! I was so sick of yelling at the ONE GUY who would accidentally hit one of them after they switched and wipe 20+ people. Bah, comparatively speaking, all of the dungeons are harder then their counterparts imo. Hell, remember when you actually had to be keyed for something? Know what it's like being an officer and having to get people keyed? I do, oh I could never forget >.< It was fun though. Now it's just laughable. Everything is. You look at someone's gear and it means nothing because you can get full T in a day, an old guildie of mine did it TWICE. Back in the day, you saw someone in full T1 or T2 and they were a badass (7/8 T1 and 5/8 T2, /flex) and in PvP if you saw a paladin in full T2 with a Hand of Rag, you turned around and ran away, far away and prayed he never caught you!

Insert up hill and snow where appropriate. =P I hate to say it, but I actually miss running MC until 2 AM on a school night. I still have my finkel's skinner, my AQ mounts, my ony hide cloak (not the pattern any more sadly), my ony hide BAG, and so much more that I can't remember because I haven't logged on in about 6 months.
All that is and never was joining hands just because.
Ellie's O/O

Salinde

Elliiiiiie yes. Everything you just said. Yes.

Except, back in the day, I was on this horrible, horrible computer. I was alli then, playing with my friends, and anytime I'd want to go to, say, Wetlands, from, say, Booty Bay, I couldn't make it past any major cities. In fact, I had three characters permanently in Ironforge because it lagged so bad (back in the days where there was only one AH, and of course that city was flooded), and I would fly to redridge, and just run to the next flight path because of the non-connecting paths, it was easier to lag my way through a place where dudes were so high level they were skulls to me (aka, burning steppes, at that time), and die again and again and again rather than have my main character stuck in Ironforge.

*hugs new computer*

O/O

Wolfy

Quote from: Salinde on June 20, 2010, 09:39:22 PM
Elliiiiiie yes. Everything you just said. Yes.

Except, back in the day, I was on this horrible, horrible computer. I was alli then, playing with my friends, and anytime I'd want to go to, say, Wetlands, from, say, Booty Bay, I couldn't make it past any major cities. In fact, I had three characters permanently in Ironforge because it lagged so bad (back in the days where there was only one AH, and of course that city was flooded), and I would fly to redridge, and just run to the next flight path because of the non-connecting paths, it was easier to lag my way through a place where dudes were so high level they were skulls to me (aka, burning steppes, at that time), and die again and again and again rather than have my main character stuck in Ironforge.

*hugs new computer*

Teehee..that's how it is for me and Dalaran...Can't wait till this fall when I'll have a new desktop to play WOW (and other games) on. o3o

Salinde

Quote from: Wolfy on June 21, 2010, 12:56:23 AM
Teehee..that's how it is for me and Dalaran...Can't wait till this fall when I'll have a new desktop to play WOW (and other games) on. o3o

Oh I know. For being a magical city floating in the air above one of Northrend's most boring sections, you'd think the mages would have figured out how to get rid of the lag by now. At least Shattrath was spread out - in Dal everything is RIGHT THERE, and because of that, everyone is RIGHT THERE, no matter WHERE you go.

Wish me luck! My Mysterious Egg hatches today *hopes for Green Proto...*

O/O