Block individual avatars (As opposed to seeing them all or seeing none)

Started by Doomsday, October 02, 2009, 12:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomsday

I know Elliquiy is all about comfort, and sometimes I feel like my comfort is being infringed by some avatars. I don't want to name names, because I'm not trying to call anyone out, I was just curious if the Gods and Goddesses could perhaps integrate some sort of profile option to omit certain poster's avatars from showing up?

As I understand now, you can go to your profile and choose "Block avatars" or something like that, or I know I can simply right click on an avatar and say "block all images from elliquiy.com", but I don't want to block all avatars. Just... One or two :o

Vekseid

If an avatar really bothers you, let us know. Otherwise, you can always just turn off avatars.

Doomsday

Well, I know that I can block all avatars, but as I've stated, that's not my intent. Some of the avatars are very nice to look at. some are funny; Some are cute or sexy. Some are neutral. And then there are the overwhelming minority...

I know that people have different comfort levels, and I don't want to complain and have another user's avatar taken down just because me, one single person, doesn't want to see it, when a lot of people have stated they love this person's avatar. I don't want to be the bad guy. This person's avatar, while risque, is not outside of the unofficial (or official, not sure) avatar policies.

But then, when I see it, I sort of get this bad feeling in my gut. It makes my skin crawl a bit.

Oniya

If you're using Firefox, I seem to recall that the AdBlock add-on allows you to block an individual image.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Doomsday