Sci-Fi

Started by Zombie Apocalypso, October 03, 2007, 08:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Apocalypso

Meh I am wanting a good Sci fi themed game, Maybe a bunch of goverment test subjects thrown in a room together with nothing but four walls and one another..

Or maybe even a prison where the genetically mutated go because they are deemed 'unsanitary'

I dont know I just think a Sci fi would be nice...

Hunter

Maybe a prison where people are sentenced for life (once delivered, never leave).

Another idea might be a co-ed military unit (think Starship Troopers) where there are no boundries.

MadPanda

You mean like Haldeman's The Forever War?   ;D  Heinlein's MI were all-male.  The movie was more like the UNEF from Haldeman's novel.

I had a game involving innocent bystanders and a big bad box, but it died due to playerus vanishingus nopostingus...  :-\  I'd be willing to ressurect it.

Here's the Wushu-style One Sheet summary:

Setting Name: Perfect Strangers

Setting Description: A group of people wake up in a very strange place: is it a bomb shelter or a prison cell?  Or both?  Once they manage to escape, they find that the nightmare is just beginning...

Inspiration: The Cube, Rubik's Bunker (from unknown-armies.com), Silent Hill, Clock Tower, and Ico.  And, to be fair, there's a good chunk of Unknown Armies and Kult lying around in here, too.

Ticket to Hell:  The Victims, unbeknownst to them, have something in common: a dark secret that unites them and has brought them here, by hook and by crook, to face a nightmare.

Guts Is: a mixture of sanity, resolve, and physical endurance.  Whichever runs out first, you're in trouble unless someone's watching your back.

Sample Character Concepts:  College Student, Private Investigator, Former Convict, Housewife in the Wrong Place

Typical Tasks: Solving puzzle doors, running away, (rarely) fighting instead of fleeing.

Suitable Traits: (to be updated when I can think of some good ones...)

Suitable Frailties: Poor Eyesight, Out of Shape, Weak Heart, Annoying Jerk, Selfish, Fragile Grasp of Reality

Suitable Fears: Any (but the nightmare you choose can and will be used against you).

Suitable Needful Things: anything small and portable that would have greater sentimental value than practical value.  Watches, cameo brooches, photos...

Mooks: Shadowy creatures of various sorts, puzzle doors

Nemeses: Traps, The Unstoppable Lurker in the Dark

Example Description:  (to be updated)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Zephraim

I don't know if it's possible, but I would really love to play in a Star Frontiers  (Alpha Dawn and Knight Hawks) game where the characters are a Star Law Enforcement Team.  Have their own Assault Shuttle, the team could have a nice nice of types and have to enforce and create justice on the Outer Rim of the Frontier.
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

kasen03

OMG.. I'm such a fan of the old Star Frontiers :)  I'm actually playing a completely different sortof game here set in the Star Frontiers paradime (one of those 'someone from modern age waking up after being frozen)

I had some long-running games from when I was back in highschool.. although in those games the PCs were merchants owning their own ship trying to make their fortunes wherever they could.