The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainNexus616

I would love to see Spawn rebooted. The movie from the 90's wasn't bad in my honest opinion. Its a shame that movie came out in the dark ages of super hero movies and didnt expand from there save for the animated series.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

True dat. Surprised nobody else successfully made a rights grab, to put it in Marvel or DC's pocket. Would have made a great addition to either universe.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Heck if Top Cow or Image Comics suddenly went under a number of their characters would make great additions like the Darkness, Angelus, Witchblade, and Red Sonja.

In a past crossover series the spirit of Red Sonja took over Mary Jane's body to defeat a resurrected foe of hers. I think it would do wonders for both characters if they expanded on that and have them co-exist in the same body. Sonja helps Mary Jane become stronger and Mary Jane helps Sonja out with adjusting to the new time period.

The Angelus is essentially the essence of light and good itself and tends to possess a host in order to function in her quest to eradicate all Darkness. That would easily make a great foe for someone like Ghost Rider.

Then the Darkness...if anyone here has played the games I do not need to go any further how much fun it would be to see him in a war over the rights of crime operations in New York against the Kingpin.

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Speaking of Kingpin, I'm looking forward to seeing how this new version of him on the upcoming Daredevil show is going to work out. He's not even as big as Michael Clarke Duncan. I was thinking they could, if necessary, CGI his body like the Hulk, but that would probably take too much work, plus making a fake bodysuit and different outfits for it...but still, if they did, I'd sure admire them for having some artistic integrity. So far every villain's adaptation on the screen has been quite good, but for those in Iron Man 3.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Never. Mention. Iron. Man. 3.

I loved the first Iron Man movie, the second....I hated Justin Hammer's character and not in a good way. HE JUST WOULDNT SHUT UP!!!

Iron Man 3 made little to no sense to me. The only thing I can appreciate though was the post traumatic stress Tony was dealing with. It made the most sense because out of all the Avengers, Tony was the only one who had never been caught in the middle of a battle that intense especially when he nearly suffocated in space.

BUUUUT WHYYYY BLOW UP YOUR SUITS?!

On an added not though there is a minor scene where it is hinted that their is a REAL Mandrian out there still.

Here this sums up a lot of plot holes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUYW0JyzydA&feature=player_detailpage

Beorning

Quote from: Mathim on January 04, 2015, 03:41:15 PM
True dat. Surprised nobody else successfully made a rights grab, to put it in Marvel or DC's pocket. Would have made a great addition to either universe.

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on January 04, 2015, 06:38:07 PM
Heck if Top Cow or Image Comics suddenly went under a number of their characters would make great additions like the Darkness, Angelus, Witchblade, and Red Sonja.

Oh God, please NO!!!! Don't contaminate Marvel Universe with these awful Image characters.

Spawn? Bad character. Bad comic book. Witchblade? The almost-naked woman with xenomorph gauntled? Come on. It's bad enough that Marvel bought Angela and made her Thor's sister... we don't need any more of such silliness.

The only character that would make sense in Marvel Universe is Red Sonja, because she actually originated in Marvel's old Conan comics. It'd be nice for Marvel to get the rights back. Nevertheless, fusing her with Mary Jane would be mistake... Sonja is a fantasy swordswoman, she needs to stay in a fantasy world. Not to end up sharing a body with a model...

Mathim

Quote from: Beorning on January 04, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
Oh God, please NO!!!! Don't contaminate Marvel Universe with these awful Image characters.

Spawn? Bad character. Bad comic book. Witchblade? The almost-naked woman with xenomorph gauntled? Come on. It's bad enough that Marvel bought Angela and made her Thor's sister... we don't need any more of such silliness.

The only character that would make sense in Marvel Universe is Red Sonja, because she actually originated in Marvel's old Conan comics. It'd be nice for Marvel to get the rights back. Nevertheless, fusing her with Mary Jane would be mistake... Sonja is a fantasy swordswoman, she needs to stay in a fantasy world. Not to end up sharing a body with a model...

I can only base my opinion of Spawn on the one movie I saw, but I thought he was a really neat character. I'd like to see what Marvel could do with him if they owned his rights, they may do a better job than his current owners.

Wajin

So with all the discussion that's already been about Flash and Arrow I've got to ask. Was I the only one who thought that Wentworth Miller made one hell of an impression as Captain Cold? I kinda want a Captain Cold series now <.<
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Mathim

Argh, now you're making me want to see these shows even more!

Wajin

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Beorning

Quote from: Mathim on January 04, 2015, 08:41:24 PM
I can only base my opinion of Spawn on the one movie I saw, but I thought he was a really neat character. I'd like to see what Marvel could do with him if they owned his rights, they may do a better job than his current owners.

I've read the early issues of Spawn when I was in highschool. I admit I was sort-of impressed by them back then, but now? I think they were garbage, just like the rest of early Image line. To be fair, I'd say that Jim Lee's Wild C.AT.S or Liefeld's Youngblood were worse...

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 05, 2015, 08:42:17 AM

it totally works! :D

Wow. Now I want to see Flash, too. Wentworth Miller is totally my male-crush since Prison Break...  ;D

Deamonbane

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 05, 2015, 03:06:14 AM
So with all the discussion that's already been about Flash and Arrow I've got to ask. Was I the only one who thought that Wentworth Miller made one hell of an impression as Captain Cold? I kinda want a Captain Cold series now <.<
+1....

+9999999999999 Wentworth Miller is awesome...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Mathim

Geez, now I really gotta see these. Anywhere I can watch 'em without having to pay for a netflix or hulu subscription? I know some ABC shows let you on their site but I'm not sure about other networks.

CaptainNexus616

Ok who's excited for a  live action adaption of Teen Titans?

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on January 09, 2015, 08:01:08 PM
Ok who's excited for a  live action adaption of Teen Titans?

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but someone said it wasn't likely to happen. I'd heard otherwise, which is why I brought it up in the first place. What news of it have you got?

mia h

Titans is supposed to be filiming the pilot sometime this year. However there are no clues about when it might premiere unlike Supergirl which is being pencilled in for a fall start.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

RubySlippers

I want a Sqirrel Girl movie come on she beat several big villians including Galactus.

Mathim

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 10, 2015, 06:01:17 AM
I want a Sqirrel Girl movie come on she beat several big villians including Galactus.

Well it's not so easy, she once defeated I think Doctor Doom, and Fox owns his rights through the Fantastic Four. I'd love to see her as a cameo or an actual part of the Civil War movie, but isn't she a mutant? And Fox owns the rights to mutants and the X-Men too. I'm still not sure how the MCU is going to explain how Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch got their powers, or if they were even born with them which doesn't seem likely, so to broaden that out would just be awkward. That's why I'm really hoping the post-Infiniti War stuff will be at a time where the other studios are like, "You know what, fuck it, you guys can have these back, we've milked them as best we can, good luck." And their home company will manage them much better, if Disney doesn't give them the Iron Man 3 treatment again.

CaptainNexus616

Mathim

Hey, if it's costing them money, they'll do something about it eventually. You can't make good X-Men movies forever without branching out into the rest of Marveldom.

Deamonbane

One can hope that they do that before they flop spectacularly...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Wajin

Quote from: Mathim on January 10, 2015, 08:31:08 AM
Well it's not so easy, she once defeated I think Doctor Doom, and Fox owns his rights through the Fantastic Four. I'd love to see her as a cameo or an actual part of the Civil War movie, but isn't she a mutant? And Fox owns the rights to mutants and the X-Men too. I'm still not sure how the MCU is going to explain how Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch got their powers, or if they were even born with them which doesn't seem likely, so to broaden that out would just be awkward. That's why I'm really hoping the post-Infiniti War stuff will be at a time where the other studios are like, "You know what, fuck it, you guys can have these back, we've milked them as best we can, good luck." And their home company will manage them much better, if Disney doesn't give them the Iron Man 3 treatment again.

Could be they're Inhumans... or just very, very strange :P

mia h

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 10, 2015, 05:13:31 PM
Could be they're Inhumans... or just very, very strange :P
Probably not Inhumans, they were seen as Hydra experiments so Super Serum, Vita Rays, Gamma Rays or something completely different take your pick.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Wajin

Quote from: mia h on January 10, 2015, 05:23:46 PM
Probably not Inhumans, they were seen as Hydra experiments so Super Serum, Vita Rays, Gamma Rays or something completely different take your pick.

Hydra could have found them like they were, but I guess you're right

Mathim

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on January 10, 2015, 05:28:36 PM
Hydra could have found them like they were, but I guess you're right

They could also be human-alien hybrids, not unlike how they might portray Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers). Of course if she's not on Earth right from the start, her being Squirrel Girl wouldn't make sense since that's where those little critters come from.