What are you listening to right now? (Part 1)

Started by Lirliel, May 17, 2005, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

Ooh! I like Stone Temple Pilots!

I not sure if I hear that song before, but I have heard "Vaseline" and the song from the American movie, "The Crow".

I not listen to music right now, but to roommate playing Onimusha: Warlords.

kat

My favorite Stone Temple pilots song is "Interstate Love Song"

There's just something about that song, I'm not sure what it is.
Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

A hard man... is good to find

-Mae West

Stumpy

a perenial favourite with me sex pistols anarchy in the uk.

Lilian

Foreigner - Juke Box Heros

Woot!

-She grabs a fancy guitar and slings it about her shoulder. She kicks herself into a spin with her leg out, sliding upon her heel, grasping the guitar by its neck tightly. Lights flash and beam from above in every colour, all else goes dim. A spotlight flicks on as she comes to rest on that one heel, in perfect balance. Hair falls into her face, casting a shadow upon her deilcate bronzed skin. She swings her head back, tossing her hair a back behind her. She holds the guitar like a weapon, with a purpose. A single hand rests in front of her, fingers slightly curled, spread apart. She quickly steps foreward, pounding her heels into the stage with a thundrous BOOM that echoes a thousand times in the stadium room. She swings her other leg foreward as in a kick, turning it sharply to the side. Her body following, ducking to the left, following its motion. Her hips are the last to move as her head swoops along. She stomps the foot into the ground, knee bent, crouched over her own thigh, hugging the guitar tightly to her chest. Her breasts bunch up beneath her tight leather jacket, top two buttons unlatched, silvery chest exposed with slight, glistening sweat underneath the hot stadium lights. She grabs at the strings with her fingers. An awesome rift blows forth from the guitar, pouring through the stadium by speakers that make it sound as if it were existance itself. Red and silvery flares burst forth from all around the stage, sparks fly forth from thier path, littering across her body, dancing upon her jacket. Hair falls down upon her face, down enough to shade the head of the guitar. Her arms and the instrument seem to tremble with power. Entire body seeming to shift and vibrate with the tone that flows through the room.

Lilian

-Fingers glide along the edge of the guitar, tune of the music soars downward as it cuts an icy edge through the speakers. Her heel lifts and drops her heel down against the stage like a hammer, following th beat. Her torso, head, bobs in tune with this. Raven's threads of hair seems to dance just above the guitar. She pulls to the right, her entire body in a sway before pulling herself back, body spinning around, resting on her outer heel. She stops sharply, entire body following the inertia . She swings herself up, a step back, resting her weight on it as she leans back. Wrist deftly curled around the neck of the bloodied-chrome neon electric six-string, a fingernail strikes a single string, and the hand slides down the neck. A high tone, that of the eagles screeching. Her lips part and she follows, talonous voice cries to the heavens in perfect tune with it. Vents underneath the stage burst open and air whips up around her in a hurricane, her metallic-coloured coarse-threaded skirt flowing like an angry sea, hair as to a banshae's touch. Finger plucks the strings as she brings it back down again. She steps foreward and leans her hips to the right, torso to the left, heeled boots pressed firmly to the stage.-

~My emotions flow upon the wind
Like silver flakes of snow
So so high but cursed to fall
The pain I was bound to know~

~My heart is not a gift to give
I keep it in myself
A thousand gates a thousand locks
It's my sensual hell~

~But with yoouuuuuuuu....
I finally found the way!~

-Her hand sensually slides up the plastic strings of the guitar as she sings "Yoouuuu", leaning into it as to embrace a lover. She stops sharply into this and throws her head side to side three times with "Finally found the way!"-

~And with yooouuuuu..
There is no escape...!~

-She grasps the instrument and turns softly, holding it closely to her as the clear tune sings to those who listen. Her lips purse and she dips it foreward. Eyes stare into it with a wanting gaze. A devilish grin curls upon her ruby lips as she speaks to it, "There is no escape..!"
Lilian releases a heavy sigh as she plays, a mere whisper to the microphone attatched to the collar of her jacket.-

~Things that have been said and done
Nails dig deep into us all
Hungry beasts of hate and desire
Aim to consume us both
It hurts me so to look back upon
Things we've done to one another
I can't help but feel at fault
For a lost one and only lover..~

-The tone of the music begins to pick up as she rises with her imaginary lover, a serene expression upon her face. Eyes gaze through it. Into the very fabric of nothing. A single blink and she begins to focus, turns to face foreward. A single foot pointing to the edge of the stage, another to her side. She watches down at her hands as fingers dance upon the strings. The tone of the music begins to pick up, energetic, emotional.-

~I hate myself for ha-ting-you
The devil within me
Strikes like fire like electric ice
Hardly diviniteeeey!~

~Fires burn... within our eyes...
Sincerest sin... our paradise...
I love it so! And you do too!
But now it's gone, cos' now we're through!~

-She plays with an iron-maidenesque rift, high and hellish, but sings like the purest day. Of firey skies and blooming flowers, crushed under weight of neglect.. slowly it begins to drift down. She sways to her own rythme, stricking each chord with practiced ease.. fingernails fluoresce beneath stage lights... the fans now a mere trickle, giving a sense of dynamic flow to even her slowest movements. The music becomes softer, and she sings, softly. She steps foreward, dancing softly as she plays. She sways to her own beat, stepping from side to side, careful upon the soles of her boots. She watches the crowd through chocolate eyes, so wanting, so sweet. A smile upon her lips, her tongue swaths along the ruby trails and leaves soft moisture against her gloss.

~Iiiii'mm your fallen angel.
You're my per-so-nal hell
My e-ver-lasting salva-tion
A diiirty trick, for which.. I.. fell!~

-With every step she seems to bounce, her hips leading, the rest following as she shows her feathered step-

~You showed me things that life could never hope to offer me!
But without you I feel the pain and finally I see!~

-She stops playing, the sounds still echo in an endless cavern through the room. She stops dancing, standing perfectly straight. Her hand held to the pit of her stomach, fingers still curled, as if to play. A soft relaxation overtakes her as the sound begins to fade. Fingers drag slowly just above the chords, morose movement, so serene-

~Youu're the siiin inside me... Iii'm the de-vil in you
You're bet-ter off a-way... and I'm bro-ken without you
You're my personal ob-ses-sion and I'm just another lay
You're my everlasting idol, you're my prize taken away~

-She stops singing. She simply speaks in an honest, pained tone. Eyes watery, tears forming along thier edges. She blinks slowly, a drip, slowly rolling along the gentle curve of her cheek, across the soft ridge of her jaw, dropping down a thousand miles to the stage below.-

~So what do I do... I'm lost without you...
The pain that I feel.. nothing IS more REAL!~

-The music lashes three times like a firey, angry whip. Her head whips from side to side, body twisting and turning as she seems to punish the guitar as she plays it, taking out anger in something she had seemed to love so deeply, only movements before. She pulls the guitar to her side, grasping it tightly as it rests facing away at her side. Her right hand raised just above her eye level, a foot away, inches to the right. Fingers like claws, bared to the air. Held in perfect time, set in stone. Her head leaned back, lips snarled, teeth bared. Not a single hair had rest upon her face. Eyes closed. Anger, hate, hurt in her face. Slowly her hand closes into her fist, lowering to her side. The shoulder strap of the guitar tightly against her shoulder. Head bowed slowly foreward until she looks at those watching her through the tops of her eyes.  Silence, utter silence as everything stops.-

Moridin

Quote from: Akiko on June 02, 2005, 01:52:44 AM
Ooh! I like Stone Temple Pilots!

I not sure if I hear that song before, but I have heard "Vaseline" and the song from the American movie, "The Crow".

"Sex Type Thing" was from the album before the one that "Vaseline" was from, called Core.  There was a lot of good stuff on that one, including "Sex Type Thing", though the Unplugged version of the song actually sounds very little like the album version.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Vandren

Just finished something Celtic by Altan, but in two seconds . . . "Con Cassidy's Highland", also performed by Altan.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

MadPanda

Quote from: Akiko on June 02, 2005, 01:52:44 AM

Ahh, Onimusha!  Go, Samanosuke, go!  ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Lilian

Silk & Steel

Led Zeppelin - Four Sticks - damn those boys can play rock and roll. I mean what other band talks about ringwraiths in their songs? Huh?

Long live the 70s!!!! and the Gods of Rock n Roll

Akioth

Conflict-Disturbed....just wanting angry music at the moment v.v
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

kat

Good sex is like good Bridge... If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

-Mae West

Pixie

I'm quite a bit older than many, but I still know most of the bands. I guess music has always been something I've kind of followed though as I like it. I'm listening to Oasis' new CD right now though. I really like Part of the Queue even if the opening riff sounds a bit like a Badly Drawn Boy song. ;-)

v4s

"Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie

"Numbers" the TV show playing in the background.
Jim
Heterosexual Male
Looking for RP partners

Silk & Steel

Quote from: Pixie on June 03, 2005, 03:44:45 PM
I'm quite a bit older than many, but I still know most of the bands. I guess music has always been something I've kind of followed though as I like it. I'm listening to Oasis' new CD right now though. I really like Part of the Queue even if the opening riff sounds a bit like a Badly Drawn Boy song. ;-)

oooo - I remeber him, he was really big in the UK when I lived there. Quite liked Badly Drawn Boy.  But must say that my all time favorite of the small pop world of the UK was the big bruhaha between Noel G, and Robbie W.

I also loved it when Noel went to the US and was super pissed off becuase "Bush" was bigger than Oasis in the US, "But I'm the next John L. its not fair, not fair" - well a bit of paraphrasing but it was like watching a 2 year old throw a temper tantrum.

Don't get me wrong, Oasis is a pretty good band, just not as good as *they think they are*.

Cheers,

kat

Okay, and this is embarassing because I normally hate country, but - "save a horse, ride a cowboy"

-Mae West

Amberghylles

"Maybe" by the ink Spots

Now that's old...

Lilian

I love that song! I'm also listening to Atomic Imagery, by Thin White Rope. Utter black and white post-nuclear insanity.

Amberghylles

<chuckle>  Glad to know someone else played Fallout around here.

"Sympathy for the Devil" - Live cover by David Byrne

kat

-Mae West

Lilian

PLAY fallout? M'gawd man, I ran a fallout game based in russia! <grins>   It was awesome, I loved my geck-girl in her salved power-armor helmet, cables falling behind her head like lockes of hair, her sexy jumpsuit, military boots... all the fun I had in that game. <grins>   I never knew that wasteland creatures could smell sex! >.>

Lirliel

Agreed Fallout rawks! I love the games but never actually played one online.

Seether - World Falls Away
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lilian

Not sure what it's called, but the intro song to the Ghost in the Shell movies.

I could run one on here if people were interested.

Amberghylles

"Altered Beast theme remix - Reserrection by Backbeat" - DJ Pretzel

Maybe you should poke the classifieds?  I'd play.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."