Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)

Started by AribethAmkiir, March 29, 2014, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Batman4560 on April 02, 2014, 11:35:51 PM
Hey I know we have been talking over PM's about my character but can I assume that I have been approved?

Not yet.  Close, but we're waiting on ebpohmr to get back online so we can talk to him about that last comment.

Please be patient.   :D

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 11:29:06 PM
Bobby Drake it is, then.

Bobby has been reserved for you.

Batman4560

Thanks for the heads up. I just wanted to make sure before I started looking at the OOC thread.

Keldia

Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Juggtacular

I'm gonna work on Juggernaut, but for now I'm putting up an OC.

Praxis

Quote from: Mathim on April 02, 2014, 06:04:42 PM
Are you sure you want to play a character with no actual powers? I mean, I thought only the actually extraordinary would be in the academy...only Spidey on your list there is actually a real genuine superhuman.

#nerdingout

Moon Knight has powers.  Fairly flakey ones but powers nonetheless.

As for Spider-Man...I sortof really love the character.  I'm surprised no one has grabbed him yet and I don't know if I have the writing chops to pull of Spider-Man OR Peter Parker.

However...I listed Moon Knight based on the most recent series with him where he is quite literally insane and reading it was brilliant.

Writing that...not so easy to do.

Spider-Man it is...   O.o

Juggtacular

Moon Knight does have some interesting powers. We gonna see the crazy come out?

Praxis

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:03:18 PM
Moon Knight does have some interesting powers. We gonna see the crazy come out?

*laughs*

Fuck man...I've loved that guy since...forever.  I can't remember the comic but I remember Task Master saying he never copies Moon Knight's fighting style because Moon Knight would rather eat a punch than avoid one.  I thought that was...so good.

His latest run where he thought he was best buds with Captain America, Spider-Man and Wolverine was brilliant.

There's NO way I could do his brand of "crazy" justice.

AribethAmkiir

Reserved Spidey for Praxis. 

GM Announcement

And with that Marvel fans, we will be closing recruitment for the time being.

~Your Friendly Neighborhood GM Staff

Praxis

Juggtacular

Will I still be able to send in my OC? Since he's basically taking the place of Juggernaut and such?

ebpohmr

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:39:04 PM
Will I still be able to send in my OC? Since he's basically taking the place of Juggernaut and such?

Yup!

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 03, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

Yes.  Anyone who has shown interest still has some time to get their Character Sheets finished and submitted.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Mathim

No version of Moon Knight I'd seen had any powers, but a wikicheck reveals that, eventually, he's granted some by an external force. Whichever version of him would be used still has a clear separation of which one is actually 'super' and which one isn't, of course. I wasn't actually knocking anyone for not having any powers, it's merely the fact that this academy was supposedly centered around 'special' people which sort of implies, if not strongly, that someone has some kind of talent normal humans don't. And given the age range it's unlikely that someone who may not even legally be able to smoke yet is as grizzled and well-trained as the average super-merc with the usual assortment of non-super but super-useful skills and training.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Praxis

Quote from: Mathim on April 03, 2014, 02:18:15 PM
No version of Moon Knight I'd seen had any powers, but a wikicheck reveals that, eventually, he's granted some by an external force. Whichever version of him would be used still has a clear separation of which one is actually 'super' and which one isn't, of course. I wasn't actually knocking anyone for not having any powers, it's merely the fact that this academy was supposedly centered around 'special' people which sort of implies, if not strongly, that someone has some kind of talent normal humans don't. And given the age range it's unlikely that someone who may not even legally be able to smoke yet is as grizzled and well-trained as the average super-merc with the usual assortment of non-super but super-useful skills and training.

Whew!

Good thing I went with Spider-Man then.  Thanks for the advice bro!

Mathim

Quote from: Praxis on April 03, 2014, 02:55:31 PM
Whew!

Good thing I went with Spider-Man then.  Thanks for the advice bro!

Well, I happen to like Spidey a lot more anyway. Moonie just seems kinda...blah anyway. It'll be more fun sharing classes with Peter Parker.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

arthenwel

Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Mathim

Quote from: arthenwel on April 03, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
What do you think of mine?

'Mine' what? I'm not totally sure to which thing of yours you are referring. Your choice of character or your interpretation of said character for this incarnation? Or something else entirely?

Or were you even asking me? I'm bored.

Julles

Wow. I am gone for just a few days, and BAM, five more pages have appeares. Haha. Well, I hope my character is accepted soon so I can join the fun. :D