Revive our Erotic Wrestling league! ( 1-on-1 or multi )

Started by Mia Saisyu, April 30, 2007, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

I have no problems with letting any character in, and just letting players work out who they'd rather have matches with/against.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Rayve13

I'll post in more detail when I get home from work and have some ideas fleshed out, but as a wrestling fanboy and e-fed wrestler, things seem to be going on the right track  ;D

As for matches and gender preferences, it really shouldn't pose to much of a problem. While I'd argue that most wrestlers rarely avoid challenges unless there cowardly heels, we all have to remember that matches can win by pin or submission rather than just sexual conditions. So if it's not in someone's on/offs to be sexual with an opponent of a particular gender, the match can mainly focus on the unwanted gender trying to tease the other, only to end in a pin/submission without real sexual contact.

But that's only my two cents, and I like just about everything.

kongming

Well, I figure that if a person knows someone isn't interested in the sex of their character, they simply won't challenge them in the first place.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Zaer Darkwail

I am still intrested and likely rebirth 'Golden Lion' wrestler :). But I agree the rules need to be bit tweaked because whit certain builds matches comed one sided often......

Lilac

The old game had ~650 posts to it so far.  If you didn't notice I reduced the 'get your own forum' deal to 1,000 posts >_>

Rayve13

Ah well, if we can't have a forum, I'm sure we can make do.

As far as the photos, maybe we should use a roll system, where both the winner and loser will roll and get, say d6 times 10 photos, with the winner getting a bonus to the roll? That would make a win nice, but not so overwhelming. If that was combined ith a reduction in the number of photos awarded in match, that should help keep the power balance from getting too outrageous.

Lilac

Well my point was if your merged with it I don't imagine it'd take long.

Rayve13

Derp! Forgive my ignorance, goddess of forums  :'(

Xerial

Working on a few tweaks, running a few tests... the core of the system's going to stay the same, insofar as building a character goes. Cartoonishly overfocused characters, after all, are the stuff of wrestling legend... but there are new balancing factors being worked out...

And it should be noted I'm fixing for long haul mode on this one, so I'm locked for as long as there is even one person still wanting to play...

kongming

Hmm, I see no problem with merging with the old one. Perhaps it could start with a new corporate takeover.

Ons/Offs:

Zaer Darkwail

Sounds good idea kongming :). It would explain long hiatus and why some characthers may be missing and appearance of new ones. Also why old chars are resetted to newly made char level (lack of pratice will rust your skills after all).

Xerial

Just to let you all know I am currently test-running several 'matches' in order to see the effects of the new "sway" rules, and to test for flow. Keep those minds limber, because it'll be go time soon...

Also, one of the sway factors is going to encourage a story element to things, and backstage will become a factor as both kongming and myself are going to be making 'corporate' entities to add a little more of a roleplay element to the 'roll'play...  ;D  Look forward to interview times, vingettes, deals with the boss, crazy special match types, full cards and PPV events and a lot more...

Mia Saisyu

If you want a plot idea, a mass "kidnapping" is always plausible. Some people are taken for their talent, etc, in what they do, to this little  island of events and have to work their way out to win? Others hear of the organization, and go of free will, but find they *really* need to get out?

Xerial

Just so no one thinks this is dead in the water, I'm testing in the last, most nebulous element of the system tweaks... look for things to form up as soon as my co-GM's back...

Lirliel

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9707.msg346551#msg346551

She might be away for a spell... I'd be willing to cover what she can't in turn of time issues.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Xerial

Sounds good to me...  ;D I'm just working out the bugs in the "Hype" system, otherwise we're just about ready to get into the swing of things...

Lirliel

Sure.. did you have everything figured out with Kon, or?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Xerial

We were on the same wavelength, but hadn't made any solid plans yet...

Lirliel

Maybe we can work something out.. or did you want to wait for Kon's approval?

kongming

I don't mind if Lirliel takes over for me in the meantime - when I return, my corporate/management character could even take the stage and unveil a contract, leading to another corporate battle story arc.

Ons/Offs:

Xerial

Sounds excellent to me... some lead in play, then a fresh infusion of story...  ;D

Lirliel

Precisely, two different Wrestling federations, or at least.. different types of fights?

ZK

Not to hijack it. Perhaps set up a "Vs" between the two federations too, have them compete for the whole league championship.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

kongming

Heh, then basically do the same that the WWE did towards the end of the "WCW/ECW Invasion" story?

(Note: I'm a little rusty on what happened after that, as I lost interest around then. I still play the PS2 games and enjoy wrestling, however.)

Ons/Offs:

ZK

Hehe, but have some interesting matches. Like a first cum match, like a first blood, but more you cum instead of bleed. ^.^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."