Sharn PD (Eberron; Pathfinder; Recruiting)

Started by Dakkon, February 08, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

How's the line go? 'May you live in interesting times'? *sage nod*
I can live with that.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Chloe Milev

I've used this site for some Eberron Pathfinder conversions, in case anything there looked interesting or useful.  It makes the Dragonmarks a sorcerer bloodline (and attainable through Eldritch Heritage), customizes shifting, etc.  I don't think there was anything there I really wanted, but the Wandslinger variant of the Gunslinger is interesting.

Of course I was also looking at Bard (detective), Aerenal elf wizard (life), Elf oracle (ancestors), Halfling barbarian (mounted fury), etc, etc, and all the baggage that goes with each of those concepts.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Dakkon

Quote from: Chloe Milev on February 10, 2014, 12:09:05 AM
I've used this site for some Eberron Pathfinder conversions, in case anything there looked interesting or useful.  It makes the Dragonmarks a sorcerer bloodline (and attainable through Eldritch Heritage), customizes shifting, etc.  I don't think there was anything there I really wanted, but the Wandslinger variant of the Gunslinger is interesting.

Of course I was also looking at Bard (detective), Aerenal elf wizard (life), Elf oracle (ancestors), Halfling barbarian (mounted fury), etc, etc, and all the baggage that goes with each of those concepts.

Every cool. I've seen that site before, but haven't had a chance to look through it yet. I'm going to keep the Dragonmark feats the way they are (remember to subtract 3 from the skill ranks in the prerequisites to convert them!) but I'd be happy to include the Dragonmarked bloodline as well.

On that note, it just popped into my head that you don't actually need the Aberrant Dragonmark feat to have an Aberrant mark. If you are a sorcerer a particularly strange bloodline, you could just fluff it as the mark.

The Wandslinger looks very cool too, although I'd restrict it to just members of House Cannith.

Zaer Darkwail

In dragonmark sourcebook there are more feats and also greater aberrant marks, I have interest on 'taboo' subject of having such mark so I perhaps make a char who has already manifested the Least aberrant mark.

I would be cyran PoW which had been released since treaty of thronehold, not sure of class yet but something related to military. Depends what chars other roll; if no one takes bard I would take bard/investigator sort fellow, if no one is basic figther or ranger I could take that, if no rogue then a rogue etc.

Dakkon

Okay, here are a list of influences that I'm taking into account for this game. It might raise more questions than answers though  ;D

Anime: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Hellsing
Authors: Edgar Allen Poe, HP Lovecraft, James Rollins
Books: Havana Nocturne, The Poisoner's Handbook
Film: Ocean’s Eleven, Inception, The Godfather, The Dark Knight Saga, The Mummy
Graphic Novels: Sin City, Locke & Key, Hellboy, The Watchmen
Podcasts: Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History, The International Spy Museum Spycast
Television: Criminal Minds, CSI, Bones, Scandal, Murdock Mysteries

Zaer Darkwail

Does the mummy indicate a somekind Morgrave University mystery then? I thank god you did not include Exorcist there. Although including a alien movie 'V' would make good referance to Riedrans and their psycic inflitration stuff.

Dakkon

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 10, 2014, 03:35:56 AM
Does the mummy indicate a somekind Morgrave University mystery then? I thank god you did not include Exorcist there. Although including a alien movie 'V' would make good referance to Riedrans and their psycic inflitration stuff.
It does, although it also represents the fact that Sharn is literally built on ruins and history. You can just as easily get wrapped up in that style of pulp adventure going to one of the various adventuring groups throughout the city or by just exploring.

Honestly, I've never actually seen the Exorcist or V, so its a bit hard for them to influence me. Of course, if you want that to influence your character, then by all means go for it!!

Zaer Darkwail

The V series are old, but good none the less. Exorcist you may have heard but in general I meant it's about possession of a body of a child and need find ways to exorcise evil spirit out from it. It may fit very well for religious Silver Flame investigation but feel it does not fit neccesary general CSI sort investigation deal.

There may be supernatural criminals yes, like spectral possessing succubus who possess innocent commoner women to become femme fatales for crimes which had no provocation nor motive between killer and victim. But not the kind like Exorcist where you deal with crazy child.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Ah the Silver Flame... It would be quite a bit of fun to pound a few of them into oblivion...

I have some questions of my own, particularly since I don't remember the setting beyond the basics, but I'll ask them in PM when I'm in the right mindset to get to character building.
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Dakkon

No worries. You won't really need anything beyond the basics to start, and you can pick that up with time. If you need a quick crash course, I strongly suggest going here.

Zaer Darkwail

A question; would you allow Master class? I was thinking my char has been PoW because he was his unit's smith and he became smith later on in Sharn until criminal burned down his workshop (and got his family killed) and so he is on vendetta.

Dakkon

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 10, 2014, 06:08:52 AM
A question; would you allow Master class? I was thinking my char has been PoW because he was his unit's smith and he became smith later on in Sharn until criminal burned down his workshop (and got his family killed) and so he is on vendetta.
No, sorry. I'm not really in the position to familiarize myself with another class right now and figure out how it fits in the setting.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, ok. Although the class is not complicated though.

Muse

Nothing you can't do whit a heroic Expert, Zaer.  (Though I am curious if there's any artificer conversions out there, and whether or not the GM wants to use them.) 

Going to try and finish up Rhinda right quick. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Dakkon

Quote from: Muse on February 10, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
  Nothing you can't do whit a heroic Expert, Zaer.  (Though I am curious if there's any artificer conversions out there, and whether or not the GM wants to use them.) 

Going to try and finish up Rhinda right quick.

There's one here that I like. That's another good site to go to for conversions of Eberron to Pathfinder, although I disagree with some of his ideas (most of which involves the chucking of PrCs and feats).

Roxy Rocket

There's actually a lot of easing up on crafting requirements for magical items if I remember right. So if you've got an arcane person with bonus feats you can probably get most of what you want.

Uh, I gotta start reading the druid rules, but my tentative guess is picking up the coroner / tracker traits, employing trained rats as lab assistants. Since it's an urban campaign, I thought it'd be funny to drop the animal companion for the weather domain, cause ya know how buildings generate those odd gusts and things? Yah. The mysterious interaction of sky and building and bending it slightly to produce.... I dunno. Blasts of soggy air.

... I should really know spells better but I do no.

Yay, I break now from midterm reading to do gaming reading and internal brain bleeding, yay!

Dakkon

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on February 10, 2014, 12:01:02 PM

There's actually a lot of easing up on crafting requirements for magical items if I remember right. So if you've got an arcane person with bonus feats you can probably get most of what you want.
Likely. I was actually just thinking that it would easy to mimic with a sorcerer bloodline or oracle school linked to crafting.
Quote from: Roxy Rocket on February 10, 2014, 12:01:02 PM
      Uh, I gotta start reading the druid rules, but my tentative guess is picking up the coroner / tracker traits, employing trained rats as lab assistants. Since it's an urban campaign, I thought it'd be funny to drop the animal companion for the weather domain, cause ya know how buildings generate those odd gusts and things? Yah. The mysterious interaction of sky and building and bending it slightly to produce.... I dunno. Blasts of soggy air.

... I should really know spells better but I do no.

Yay, I break now from midterm reading to do gaming reading and internal brain bleeding, yay!

Sounds like a very cool idea!!

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: FallenDabus on February 10, 2014, 12:04:35 PM
Likely. I was actually just thinking that it would easy to mimic with a sorcerer bloodline or oracle school linked to crafting.
Sounds like a very cool idea!!

*facepalms*

I completely forgot about the dragonmarked houses and the marks and that they drive most industries, despite having just read over that stuff a couple days ago. now the master class thingy makes more sense to me.

And my local male object just pointed out to me that in ultimate magic or something there's a spell that specifically gives +5 to craft checks.

Zaer Darkwail

Also in eberron setting book there is NPC class (magewright) which knows similar spell as 1st level sorc/wiz spell.

Dakkon

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on February 10, 2014, 12:08:09 PM
      *facepalms*

I completely forgot about the dragonmarked houses and the marks and that they drive most industries, despite having just read over that stuff a couple days ago. now the master class thingy makes more sense to me.

And my local male object just pointed out to me that in ultimate magic or something there's a spell that specifically gives +5 to craft checks.

Lol, don't forget about them! They'll be popping up all over the place!

The spell he's referring to is Crafter's Fortune, from the APG.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 10, 2014, 12:17:42 PM
Also in eberron setting book there is NPC class (magewright) which knows similar spell as 1st level sorc/wiz spell.

Which was functionally the same spell anyhow, they just have different names.

Isengrad

I would like to trow my hat in on this. I have a few ideas in mind, but would love to hear if you would allow this version of the artificer from adamant entertainment, found on the d20pfsrd. If not i can understand and can use something else.

original artwork by karabiner

Dakkon

Quote from: Isengrad on February 10, 2014, 04:25:31 PM
I would like to trow my hat in on this. I have a few ideas in mind, but would love to hear if you would allow this version of the artificer from adamant entertainment, found on the d20pfsrd. If not i can understand and can use something else.

I know its similar, but just like the previous Master class, I'm disinclined to, since I don't really have time to figure another class out. Sorry.

Chloe Milev

Hmm, right now I think I'm working on an Elf Bard (detective) in the Lawyer trait/role.  Assuming it isn't a breach of evidence for the ADA to go adventuring after criminals, then prosecute them, heh.  Otherwise I'll sit in my office sipping tea waiting for everyone else to bring me a case.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Dakkon

Quote from: Chloe Milev on February 11, 2014, 09:12:03 AM
Hmm, right now I think I'm working on an Elf Bard (detective) in the Lawyer trait/role.  Assuming it isn't a breach of evidence for the ADA to go adventuring after criminals, then prosecute them, heh.  Otherwise I'll sit in my office sipping tea waiting for everyone else to bring me a case.

Lol, no. I'm going to shot for some fantastical realism, but there will be some of the common conceits of procedural media. Such as the assumption that you do just one job and nothing else. We're in fantasy, you'll be doing everything!

Roxy Rocket

So really, civic inquisitors who act with the interests of the city in mind and are concerned with not being murdered and or peeving off anyone too important... at least not without having someone at least as important watching our backs.

I smell Real Politik.