New Republic City || Unity & Prosperty - Korra/Avatar Inspired - Recruiting!

Started by la dame en noir, May 26, 2016, 09:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

Well if you can't/won't play your bender here, I'd be happy to 1x1 with her

Vergil1989

Why's that Dame?  I'm sure they'd be fine, but it's your choice.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

And I finally found a song I can live with for Katara's theme lol.  I might throw in another one or just choose a new one when I find one, but for now I like the one I've got.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Lustful Bride

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

BennyQ

"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

I have two character concepts
Yemi: Metal-bender/Earth-bender, sarcastic, head strong, intelligent, lesbian, pro-bender, 25, and a teacher.

Mei Lin: Bisexual, 23, intelligent, sweet, laid back, and a worker of some sort...she's a non bender.

Whoo shall I make?
A&A | FxF |

BennyQ

"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Baalborn87

*stumbles through the door and falls on his face* Found it at last!

*Stands up and dusts himself down*

Aaaaanyway. I have a preliminary idea I'm toying with.

Name: Osamu Kaji
Sexuality: Hetero
Appearance:

Background (so far): Growing up in the less than wealthy part of Republic City (can change if story location changes). He found work in an earth bender owned metalworks using his ability to focus his fire bending to a concentrated point to weld metal sheets together.

la dame en noir

Hello!

There is a link to a world building thread that has a character sheet that I made up for people to use! Go and check it out!
A&A | FxF |

Vercile

Quote from: la dame en noir on May 30, 2016, 12:29:50 PM
I have two character concepts
Yemi: Metal-bender/Earth-bender, sarcastic, head strong, intelligent, lesbian, pro-bender, 25, and a teacher.

Mei Lin: Bisexual, 23, intelligent, sweet, laid back, and a worker of some sort...she's a non bender.

Whoo shall I make?

They both sound epic.... Don't make me vote!

Drake Valentine

Removed due to drama!

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

la dame en noir

ohhh my god! I feel so cool and official. Drake joined my rp! I need to make the damned OOC. Imma do that now.
A&A | FxF |

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

TheRaven

Player || TheRaven

Name || Kue
Age || 23
Sexuality || Bisexual
Gender || Male

Bender? || Yes
Power || Waterbending

Occupation || Pro-bender (currently without a team)
Connections || None as of yet
Skills || A talented plantbender, home cook, and sketch artist with a smattering of professional skills from the various jobs he's held.

Personality || A determined young man who has never been afraid to think big. He appreciates simple things in life, but has developed a taste for the extravagant every now and then since moving to Republic City, often in the form of some expensive dinner (preferably with someone else) when he can scrape together the funds. He is self-conscious about his accent, and has been working on making it less noticeable for several years; despite his best efforts, some Foggy Swamp twang still enters his conversations now and then. He is a genuine person in conversation, and only on rare occasions does he tell a lie. Kue can be a bit of a doormat if he isn't careful, but if his ire has been well and truly roused then there's little that's going to stop him.

Background || Born in the Foggy Swamp, Kue moved to Republic City at the age of eighteen with big dreams of pro-bending filling his head. Naturally, upon his arrival in the city, he had to do some readjustment of his expectations. There were plenty of amateur benders with the same aspirations, and he would have to be better than a lot of them if he hoped to even get onto the arena floor.

He split his free time between trying to analyze the styles of pro-benders whose bending forms he had sketched out during their matches, improving his own techniques, and actually finding paying work. If it paid and involved waterbending, Kue has probably had the job: window washing, water filtration, fire fighting, whatever would keep him in his apartment and able to learn how to improve his abilities.

Around his twentieth birthday, he caught a break and was able to join a pro-bending team, the Port Side Pythonacondas. They enjoyed a moderate amount of success, and even a championship bid, but ultimately the team's dynamics were too volatile for them to stay together. Left without an earthbender or firebender, Kue has been left to leave posters and hold (rather meager) tryouts. His recent efforts have mostly been attempting to recruit talent directly out of the academy.

Appearance || Tall, lean, and lithe, Kue stands at over six feet tall and under one-hundred-fifty pounds, and has inherited the Foggy Swamp Tribe's typical dark hair, dark eyes, and pale complexion. He wears his hair mostly short and manageable, with a single thin braid often draped over his shoulder. When it comes to informal dress, Kue typically wears a tight undershirt with a looser-fitting green shirt over it, along with practical pants and boots. When it comes to dressing formally though, he goes to the nines with double-breasted waistcoats, suit jackets, loafers, and trousers.

Pet || A pythonaconda that was originally bought to be the team's mascot; Kue ended up keeping it after the team fragmented.
Hobbies || Gardening, cooking, dancing, pro-bending, sketching, and fancy dates.

O/O || In his own words, "If you don't come out with a scratch or five, you're probably not quite doing it right." He's fond of just a little bit of pain, and has an ever-so-slight submissive streak.
Theme Song || Lost In The Rhythym
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

CurvyKitten

I have a concept brewing, but are we allowing people to have more than one element that they can bend? I keep bouncing between choices and I saw one character with two types. But I wasn't sure if that was an option.

I have a bender and a none bender in mind. We shall see which muse wins out, maybe both lol.

la dame en noir

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 31, 2016, 07:33:21 AM
I have a concept brewing, but are we allowing people to have more than one element that they can bend? I keep bouncing between choices and I saw one character with two types. But I wasn't sure if that was an option.

I have a bender and a none bender in mind. We shall see which muse wins out, maybe both lol.
It's totally an option. You can also have it has one of your goals :3
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

updated links on the first page! I'm still goofin around with the character thread, but please have a look and stop in the OOC.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Vergil1989

No you cannot have more than one element.  Only the Avatar can use all of them, and that's only because she's the Avatar.  I wouldn't allow it, and I won't play with someone that's so obviously breaking such a fundamental rule to both worlds.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 01, 2016, 10:29:44 AM
No you cannot have more than one element.  Only the Avatar can use all of them, and that's only because she's the Avatar.  I wouldn't allow it, and I won't play with someone that's so obviously breaking such a fundamental rule to both worlds.

No need to have a freak out :P Relax.

It could be the person meant an evolution of their bending (I cant think of a better name for it)  Like how Earth Benders can learn to bend metal since it is technically made from the objects of the earth and its materials.