What's your favorite D&D character race?

Started by AtlasEros, November 11, 2010, 11:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

I've always been partial to Goliaths when I want to be a melee bruiser - Strength and Constitution boosts plus pseudo-Large size are fun. For casters, I just go with Human, since simply being a caster is so OP to begin with.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 27, 2010, 01:19:00 PM
I've always been partial to Goliaths when I want to be a melee bruiser - Strength and Constitution boosts plus pseudo-Large size are fun. For casters, I just go with Human, since simply being a caster is so OP to begin with.

One of my characters in my 2009 Nanowrimo book was a Goliath with a Large Sized Composite Bow  :D For when you got to absolutely kill that Orc from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy over here. :D

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 01, 2010, 05:25:26 PM
One of my characters in my 2009 Nanowrimo book was a Goliath with a Large Sized Composite Bow  :D For when you got to absolutely kill that Orc from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy over here. :D

Cragtop Archer is awesome, especially as part of the ultrasniper build. It's extremely overkill, but there's just something awesome about needing to magically scry on a target within your maximum range before you can hit it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 01, 2010, 08:41:10 PM
Cragtop Archer is awesome, especially as part of the ultrasniper build. It's extremely overkill, but there's just something awesome about needing to magically scry on a target within your maximum range before you can hit it.

Yup.. nothing like dropping a cuestick sized arrow right through the skull of your foe from soooooo far away that it is nearly another time zone to terrify his friends.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Gotta say, I can't pick a single race. Whatever fits the concept I want at the time. I love Eladrin, Tieflings, Gnomes (to a degree), Revenants... I'm way too versatile and varied an RPer to pick a single favored race or character type. I like the races that deviate from the norm, ooh, Shardminds... I dunno, too many good choices and too many good things to do with every one of those choices."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

TheGlyphstone

Hehe, gnomes.

"I'm a monster, rar!
"Do you have a lair? I have a lair!"