The Devil in the Details [NC-H]

Started by CassandraNova, January 02, 2009, 05:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassandraNova

I read a short story recently that inspired this game post.  It was all Devil and Daniel Webster where the protagonist has to intervene in the infernal courts to help out his friend, who had unwisely sold his soul in exchange for petty favors, temporal power, and the like.  The conceit intrigued me, and I came up with a little something like this:

I am looking for a quality writer with an interest in a plot-heavy story.  He or she would play the primary role of a devil who holds the contract on my character, an aspiring wizardess.  You have discovered a loophole in the clause of the contact that forbids you from approaching my character except by express summoning that would permit you to take control of my character's dreams, in order to influence and tempt her.

The ultimate goal of your character in this is to seduce (literally and metaphorically) her towards escalating acts of villainy and evil.  In order to accomplish this through dream-visits alone, you will have to be subtle, manipulative, and really delve into her psyche in order to learn which levers to pull and which buttons to press in order to advance your infernal agenda.

Now I haven't actually crafted the human counterpart at this stage, in order to collaboratively outline the story.  Nor have I given much thought to the setting or any of the specific elements that will feature in her dream-theater.  It's an idea at this stage, and one that I very much hope will play out into a beautiful and long-lasting story.

For ons and offs, see the links in the sig line.  Ciao!

Mathim

This sounds like a tiny component of the novel I'm writing. I'll try it with you. PM me if you haven't already found someone.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).