Skill:
   Cunning:
   Luck:
   Will:
+1
+1

MAID TYPES:
    Sexy Cunning +1, Will -1; Charming, coquettish, womanly body, glamorous
    Heroine Will +1, Luck -1; Earnest, single-minded, tries her very best.

COLORS:
    Uniform: Gold
    Hair: Pink
    Eyes: Yellow

STRESS EXPLOSION:
    Mischief - You start playing troublesome tricks on the master and the other maids.

MAID ROOTS:
    Returning a Favor - The master did a great service to you, and you have become a maid in order to repay him.

SPECIAL QUALITIES:
    Secret Job - Scientist - Along with being a maid, you’re some kind of mad scientist.
    Shapeshifter - Fox - You're actually a fox, and can display or hide your ears and tail at will.

MAID POWER:
    Coercion - If you win a roll of Cunning Vs. Athletics, you can completely damage or tear off someone's clothes, even "accidentally".

MAID WEAPON:
    Scythe - You wield a big scythe worthy of the Grim Reaper.

COMPLEXES
    Trauma: Betrayed by a close friend.
    Physical Complex: Big Breasts

FAVOR: 6
SPIRIT: 30

Background: Zitka was born in a far away land called Romania. A strange place full of strange people, she moved to Japan when she was five and has been living there ever since. Even at a young age, Zitka had been interested in science and robotics in particular. Often times, she would play around the house dressed up as a robot.
When she was thirteen, Zitka gained a scholarship to Richmond Academy for science. While not extremely wealthy like most of the students, Zitka was able to get by by selling some of her more insane inventions for a large profit. Despite this, sometimes she just didn't have enough money. Thanks to the wealth of the Sugimoto family, however, Zitka was able to not only keep going to school but also continue her insane science experiments. To repay this kindness, Zitka has taken it upon herself to become a maid for Ryuuji Sugimoto, even moving in to the Villa.

Physical Description: Zitka stands at 5'5, with bubblegum pink hair and yellow eyes. She has a pair of fox's ears on her head, both are also pink but with white tips. Sticking out from under her skirt is a bushy fox's tail, which is also pink with a white tip. Zitka's body is curvy and very well defined. Her breasts are a bit large for her body, a large C bordering on a D cup. This presents a clothing problem, as her bust often strains any clothing she tries to wear. Especially her maid uniform.

Personality: Zitka is intelligent and charming, but very single minded to the point of forgetting about things, like getting dressed. Despite that, she is always determined to do her best at whatever task she takes. The kitsune is very self-conscious about her bust size and would gladly shrink them down to a more manageable size if she could.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Hmm... I'm wondering if that really was a random roll there for the shapeshifter, Shadow :P

And, now three maids with unrequited love, hm?  I think I will be picking another maid as my "target", then.  Not sure who, yet.

As for rating, I'd prefer to open it up to non-con, at least as a possibility.  Whoever my maid's in love with better watch out...  >:)

Anyway, I'll make an updated character sheet soon-ish.  I'm horrible at finding pictures, though :/

ShadowFox89

Try- animecharacterdatabase.com for character pictures.

And that was totally random. I actually rolled three qualities, with the third being a British accent...

I do find it funny that I've somehow managed to roll Zitka  ::)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Meliai

Oh nooooooo...!

I think you're counting Kei twice on the unrequited love count Sethala! I just re-posted her stats when I got her fluff done, she's not a new character. Fox's maid has Returning A Favor and Who's has Who knows? (hehe) so it's still just Me and you with love struck girls.

Personally I use Gelbooru for most of my anime character pics. The eyes aren't the right color, but I actually found a cute vermilion-haired maid with an at least partially orange uniform. I'm using the tags red_hair, maid, and solo and got some decent results, though a lot of users like to tag pink, brown and dark blonde hair as red >:\
If you find something that's close, I could probably nudge the colors in photoshop for you.

I also found a pink-haired, gold-eyed maid with actual fox ears :D
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=825361
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1199139
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=950466
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=883409
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

ShadowFox89

Not that my character couldn't be in love with the Master... she's just paying back a debt :P

Oh, and she's a mad scientist.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

caelcormac

I just stumbled across this game and it is way too weird/awesome to pass up. Do you guys have room for 1 more or are you full up?

Treehouseroleplayer

I think we do, I think we'll be pretty full at 5 and max out at 6, but if you're interested feel free to post a character and if need be I'll play the bad guy and choose which characters make it in.

Regardless, if this turns out well, I'd be more than happy to to start another game in the future.
If you wish to get a hold of me and I'm not on E., message me on IRC.

Sethala

Hrm, I thought I saw Shadow's character sheet listing unrequited love as well.  Ah well.

Anyway, finally time for me to actually post my backstory:

Remilia is a princess of the nearby kingdom of Ardania, the youngest of three sisters.  Unfortunately, that meant she was often spending her time doing whatever her older siblings told her to, including menial jobs around the castle.  One day, on a trip to the market, she noticed one of Ryuuji Sugimoto's maids in town.  Curious, she followed the maid around, eventually following her to the manor - a building which dwarfed her own castle by comparison.  Amazed, she immediately started wondering what kind of things could go on in that house, her imagination getting the best of her, as always.  As soon as she got back home, she started to pack her things and snuck away, quickly getting a job as one of the mansion's maids in order to follow the girl she had seen in the market.

Of course, the kingdom was in an uproar over one of the princesses being missing.  However, being such a small and hardly noteworthy kingdom, this panic went entirely missed by the rest of the world.

Personality:  Remilia has had no problems learning to follow the Master, but when it comes to the other maids, her royal upbringing shows through rather clearly, often trying to boss the other maids around, and often not realizing that she has no real effect on what they do.  Whenever anyone asks her about anything, especially accusing her of something, she often comes up with some fanciful and nearly-impossible explanation.  Of course, most people would find her explanations completely insane.

Treehouseroleplayer

Thanks for posting the backstory!

Unfortunately, the idea of a nearby kingdom doesn't quite mesh with my idea of the setting, at the moment I'm sort of envisioning it similar to how Love Hina works. Modern Japan where 95% of what happens as you would expect in the real world, but magic and other crazy things happening for hand-waved reasons primarily for comedic but occasionally plot-like effect. For the most part, people react to these crazy things as an actual person living in Japan would. As such, I'm trying to keep the political landscape/geography similar to real world Japan (with of course fictional towns because I'm too lazy to full research a town that fits the specific setting I wish to create). You're free to modify as you wish (or make a case for what you currently have), but here are a few suggestions off the top of my head:

Remilia could be a princess from a completely different world who comes into this one through magical means, either by accident or on purpose. The world she comes from could be similar, or perhaps very different (a medieval fantasy world maybe if you want to take the trope to its fully literal interpretation?), know about Earth, or not at all. If you go this route, let me know if you want to add any magic ability or something like that. Alternatively, she could be the princess of a tiny island kingdom nearby, rich and powerful in her own way, but insignificant in terms of global politics or she could just be the daughter of another even more rich family somewhere in town or elsewhere in Japan, taking the princess trope to its more figurative meaning.

Everything else looks great though, I particularly like her personality, I think that's going to make for some fun interactions with the group.

Oh, and as soon as Caelcormac posts a character (or decides not to), I'm going to come up with a rough timeline of when each character comes to the mansion and assign rooms accordingly. Once that's done, you're free to talk over with whoever is playing your character's roommate and decide on what your rooms might look like.

Sethala

Yeah, I was having trouble figuring out how to mesh being a "princess" with unrequited love towards someone in the mansion.  I kind of figured that the kingdom was really, really tiny, and if you mentioned it to someone, they would probably reply with "Ardania?  What's that?"  Even its own citizens.

Either way, I don't think I'm too fond of it, so I think I'll just reroll that quality.... *rolls* Ok, elf ears.  Hmm... playing a "fish out of (temporal) water" character might be fun, if she somehow showed up in the present-day from a medieval world.  No idea how she'd stumble across the mansion in that case... thoughts?

caelcormac

One of the joys of random character creation is that I have here a character that I would never have intentionally made in a 100 years, but looks like a lot of fun. The background and personality are a wild stab at making sense of her stats, but I still can't figure out why she seems to have an obsession with setting traps everywhere.

Name: Tabuchi Natsu
ATTRIBUTES:

Athletics:
   Affection:   
   Skill:
   Cunning:
   Luck:
   Will:
+1
+1-1

MAID TYPES:
    Sexy (Cunning +1, Will -1) - Charming, coquettish, womanly body, glamorous
    Heroine (Will +1, Luck -1) - Earnest, single-minded,tries her very best.

COLORS:
    Uniform: Navy
    Hair: Silver
    Eyes: Green

STRESS EXPLOSION:
    Crying - You start crying. There’s no need for an Affection check for this.

MAID ROOTS:
    Returning a Favor - The master did a great service to you, and you have become a maid in order to repay him.

SPECIAL QUALITIES:
    Accessory - Pet - You have a cat, snake, raven, or some other small animal as a pet that rests on your shoulder or in your hand.
    Albino - You have no pigment. You’re not necessarily completely colorless, this could simply be a very pale complexion.

MAID POWER:
    Trap - Even if you aren’t there at the time, you can have a trap prepared in advance during a battle.

FAVOR: 4
SPIRIT: 20

Background:
Natsu was born to a large family of shopkeepers in Morishi, the youngest child of 2 brothers and 3 sisters. The Tabuchi familiy was by no means poor, but with five kids money was always a little tighter then it would have been for a less robust family, and so when Natsu was diagnosed with a rare disease at the tender age of 5 years old they could not afford the expensive treatments and surgeries it would take to cure her. Hearing the plight of the youngest daughter of one of their favorite shopkeepers, the Sugimoto's lent a hand and ensured Natsu would get the treatment she needed. Now it is many years later and Ryuuji Sugimoto is in town. When it was known that he would need a new maid family honor demanded that Natsu apply for employment, which she did without hesitation. She packed up her few belongings and her cat Silas and made her way to the Villa to serve the son of the man who saved her life.
Appearance:
While she is healthy now her disease and her time in the hospital have left their mark on her body in the form of her pale, ivory white skin.
Personality: Being raised primarily in a hospital, Natsu is a neat freak and a little bit of a germophobe and can't stand clutter or disorganization. Even her cat Silas isn't immune from being washed if Natsu deems it necessary. When she has time for herself she likes to tinker with electronics and other machines and can be seen throughout the house improving and maintaining (but certainly not booby trapping, no never that) various things around the house.

Treehouseroleplayer

Quote from: Sethala on May 25, 2012, 12:22:45 PM
Yeah, I was having trouble figuring out how to mesh being a "princess" with unrequited love towards someone in the mansion.  I kind of figured that the kingdom was really, really tiny, and if you mentioned it to someone, they would probably reply with "Ardania?  What's that?"  Even its own citizens.

Either way, I don't think I'm too fond of it, so I think I'll just reroll that quality.... *rolls* Ok, elf ears.  Hmm... playing a "fish out of (temporal) water" character might be fun, if she somehow showed up in the present-day from a medieval world.  No idea how she'd stumble across the mansion in that case... thoughts?

Hmm, random hooks off the top of my head.

• Somebody's spell gone wrong. Perhaps she ended up in Japan on accident for a short period of time and somehow made it back. The master left such an impression on her though that she worked to try to find a way back. She may or may not have a way back now.
  • She was sent to this world on a quest. Perhaps she needs to find something, perhaps she's looking for somebody who was cast or is hiding in the world. Maybe she thinks somebody in the mansion is a reincarnation of a lost love, or perhaps it's just a resemblance.
  • A frequent dream of the world, one with somebody at the mansion being frequently shown in. Somehow she ends up in this world and recognizes it, and goes searching for this person.

Alright, so as of now here are our initial characters. If you haven't already, please write up some kind of backstory and personality information (and possibly some kind of appearance information - Yeeah, I'm guilty too). For those who haven't yet, feel free to ignore the flavor text I wrote for you. :P This is also the very tentative order of arrival. It's not set in stone yet though, especially until Fox and Who tell us a bit more about their characters. However, Tabuchi and anybody else arriving with Ryuuji will be first. Remilia will likely be last.

Tabuchi Natsu - Caelcormac: Trap setting germaphobe with a debt to repay.
Kei Tsukino - Meliai: Petite pink haired friend with a rough past and a crush on Ryuuji. Also a bunny.
ShadowFox's character - Shadowfox89: A shapely and mischievous girl who loves crazy experiments, but means well.
Who's Character - Who149: A cool and detached girl with a tragic past who secretly lives for the thrill of risk and chance.
Remilia - Sethala: A displaced girl from another world. We're not sure if she's more confused by us, or if we're more confused by her.

ShadowFox89

Remilia could be stuck here by one of my character's experiments :P

Why is my Tenchi Muyo detector going off.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Treehouseroleplayer

A game using a system based heavily on harem anime tropes bears similarities to the original Harem anime? Seems outrageously unlikely to me. :P

edit: I intend to post information on the academy today, and hopefully the way time and events will be structured.

Meliai

I think I'm going to start appending "Also a bunny." onto the end of all my character descriptions from now on.

Misanthropic thief obsessed with a forgotten era. Also a bunny.
Budding con-artist searching for her missing family. Also a bunny.
Socially awkward wizard with a knack for divination. Also a bunny.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

caelcormac

Quote from: Meliai on May 25, 2012, 01:27:41 PM
I think I'm going to start appending "Also a bunny." onto the end of all my character descriptions from now on.

Misanthropic thief obsessed with a forgotten era. Also a bunny.
Budding con-artist searching for her missing family. Also a bunny.
Socially awkward wizard with a knack for divination. Also a bunny.

I don't think I could do that for all my character concepts. Lets see...

Bloodthirsty warrior with a mysterious past and an axe to grind. Also a bunny.
Super-Spy secret agent with a knack for the ladies. Also a bunny.
Two fisted adventurer who uses his advance science to fight crime. Also a bunny.

Looks like I was wrong, it totally works.

Sethala

That does fit with your location comment... :P

Anyway, I like the idea of Remilia being stuck in Japan due to a magic spell gone awry. Hm... let's see what I come up with.

Remilia was an elf living in an ancient island nation.  After an earthquake, a cave had opened up in the forest near her town, and she began to imagine all sorts of wonderful and ancient items hidden within it.  Of course, she decided to investigate... but all she found was a cursed disc.  As soon as she touched it, there was a sudden flash of light, then nothing, for a long time.

Eventually, she woke up in one of the rooms of the mansion, having no idea how she arrived... or where her clothes and other equipment had gone.  At first she was frantic, trying to find a way to get back home, but as the other maids helped her recover from her ordeal, she came to enjoy their company... and perhaps, even fall in love with one of them, even though the other girl seems to not have noticed.  Finally, she decided to stay as a maid in the mansion, in order to stay close to her new love interest.

(Possible plothook: The island nation she used to be in was Japan, either in ancient times or another universe, and the cave she found happens to be in the exact same spot as the mansion's basement.)

So, Remi didn't come to the mansion out of love, but has decided to stay as a maid instead of finding some way to get back home because she's fallen in love with one of the other maids.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: caelcormac on May 25, 2012, 01:43:14 PM
I don't think I could do that for all my character concepts. Lets see...

Bloodthirsty warrior with a mysterious past and an axe to grind. Also a bunny.
Super-Spy secret agent with a knack for the ladies. Also a bunny.
Two fisted adventurer who uses his advance science to fight crime. Also a bunny.

Looks like I was wrong, it totally works.

I could easily do that, but would have to swap "also a bunny" for "also a fox".

Hmm... Need a name for my maid... Hell, let's go with Zitka :P

You could have Relina targeting Zitka with her unrequited love, Zitka would be too caught up in her maid duties or messing around with a science experiment to care/notice.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Maybe.  Until Remilia (not Relina, wrong game Shadow :P ) decides to make Zitka notice and finds the rope and fuzzy handcuffs...  >:)

ShadowFox89

Zitka does have the Maid Power- Coercion....

Remilia could end up finding herself without any clothing :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Going to work on Zitka's background today and tomorrow.

And... I just realized I have a conversion for Exalted into Maid...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Treehouseroleplayer

I appologize for the late post, this weekend ended up being a little busier then expected. As such, I wanted to get this post up right away this morning, so please excuse any roughness and the lack of images.

Richmond Academy
Founded in 1963 by a wealthy American named William Richmond, the Richmond Academy has been one of the top schools for the children of Japan's elite for nearly fifty years. The school's alumni have gone on to head multi-national conglomerates, become important political figures, and hold elite scholarly positions. No expense is spared for those lucky enough to attend this exclusive private school, even the school's lunch menu is mostly edible.

However, the school burned down in 2007, staining the school's otherwise impeccable history of excelence. Determined to build an even brighter future for the school and it's students though, this historic building was quickly rebuilt with a thoroughly modern update. The building makes use of elegant architecture, the grounds are large and immaculate, and the interior of the school is in a constant state of polish and functional beauty.

The school's population is fairly large, with a student body of about two thousand, the vast majority of which are full Japanese. However, there is a significantly higher porportion of students with at least some claim to western ethnicity then is typical for most highschools in Japan. Background wise, other then the rare student in on scholarship or other unusual circumstance, most students come from exceedingly wealthy backgrounds some upper-middle class students with some form of tuition assistance. The noteable exception to this is the sizeable population of about two hundred of the other students' live-in servants who are also getting a form of education as well.

The Richmond Academy has, for those who can afford the extra cost, a program which allows a student to take up to three servants with them to assist them. For another fee, one of these servants can also enroll in a specialized program for a degree. These special students have schedules that are entirely dependent on the master's and they are not allowed to take any courses that their master is not also enrolled in (except in the case of gender seperated classes). They wear a modified school uniform which looks more like a maid uniform then the typical uniform the rest of the school wears. These students are also expected to put the master's need above their education, and are therefore given a certain amount of leeway when it comes to schoolwork especially if proof is given that they were pre-occupied with their duties. Still, completing a degree in this way is very challenging, and not every student in the school is respectful to those who choose this path, but for some maids, it represents their only chance to go to high school. For maids who elect to assist the master but not get an education, they are simply expected to help whenever necessarry, provided they do not give an undue advantage to them in their academics. The teachers and to a lesser extent, other students may also ask work of such servants, although the latter is rare and considered rude. Most students either don't come from families rich enough to afford such extravagance, or have the desire to bring their servants with them to school however, so rarely is there more than one or two servants per room, and ussually, masters don't bring their servants every day.

(Gameplay note: For those who wish to have their maid be part of the student program, let me know and I'll work it in. This will come on a first come, first serve basis (or whoever I think will end up being the most interesting fit story-wise) and I will need to PM you some additional information about the school culture. The rest of you are going to have to work out some kind of rotation ICly for who is going to be in school with the master openly, and who's going to have to either sneak around the school or stay home. The scenario text suggests the costume change rules for this, but for the sake of simplicity, we won't be using them unless there is an overwhelming desire for them.)

Gameplay Schedule
This scenario covers one week leading to the start of summer vacation. It starts with a prologue on Sunday, normal school from Monday to Friday, followed by the closing ceremony on saturday, the final event on sunday, and depending on if a sequel is planned or not, an epilogue.

Please note that this does not necessarily map anywhere close to real time. The normal days will roughly be divided into phases as follows:

• A Brief Morning scene
  • Class, one particular noteable period for the day.
  • School event, a GM started event for that day (note that this and above may be interchanged)
  • Afternoon at the mansion
  • Evening/late night

Please also note that this is rough and if players wish to have scenes in between these time periods, you are more then welcome to. These time periods can take as little or as much time as you wish. For the most part, I would like time at the mansion to be mostly the players' and as such will ussually be less structured then the time at school. I will try to keep things moving along though, but if you feel something is dragging along or is moving too fast, please let me know.

As we get closer to the end of the scenario and have a better idea of how attached we are to the characters, system, and each other, we can decide how conclusively we want this to end, if we want to keep going, I'll try to end it rather openly, we can hold off on any big huge confessions, and I'll start looking for or thinking of the next plot afterwords.

As always, feedback is appreciated!

ShadowFox89

Hmm... Zitka could have scholarship there. Maybe the reason she's obligated to Ryuuji is that he helped her out with a science experiment at one point (or even used him as one!)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

I was thinking a bit more about Remilia's backstory, and I want to run a few things past Treehouse.  I'm thinking of running with Clarke's Third Law, and essentially say that while she's never bothered to learn magic, the world she lives in uses magic as much as we use technology here.  So while she's never seen a cell phone or a light bulb before, she figures out pretty quickly just what they do... but she also assumes they're magical artifacts.

As for the school, I don't really see things being too interesting if she takes classes there, but going with the Master to school would be fun (especially since she still doesn't quite "get" the modern world).

ShadowFox89

Alright, gonna roll for Trauma, Physical Complex, and Mental Complex for Zitka... eh, why not? What's the worse that could happen?

Trauma: 34... hmm... Betrayed by a close friend. Not bad.
Physical Complex: 12, Big Breasts. I swear I'm not making that up.
Mental Complex: 55, Clumsy.

So she was betrayed by a close friend, and is always breaking things with her massive breasts.
Call me Shadow
My A/A