News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassieBear

Pretty sure I've done this before... but oh well. Here we go again. Well... my original username was HOTL6107 which was an acronym that I made up for a boyfriend of (his one true love) and the numbers being the date we started dating. Well... that ship sailed quickly (well... 5 years quickly) and when we broke up I needed a change. I couldn't think of anything so I used the nickname for my pen name (Cassie) and just thought of an animal it could go with to make it cute; thus CassieBear.

If I could ever change it again, I probably would. This username almost seems childish at times.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Trigon

Trilby

Svengali and Trilby are characters in the 19th century morality story that's similar to the Faust Legend. Trilby is a young singer and Svengali takes over her career, her life, her personality, everything. She becomes a great star but she loses individuality, her sense of self, and the one great love of her life.

Decades ago, my husband the techie geek brought home a PC and started showing me all the interesting sites.  I told him he was trying to Svengali me into the cyber-verse.  He agreed.

Hence, Trilby.

Trigon

Also because I haven't used it yet!

Silent Knight

It's a tribute to a character concept I came up with but never flushed out... I actually thing he was my first.

Luryd

NecroMantid
prefix: necro-
relating to a corpse or death.

Suffix: Mantid
another term for mantis

man·tis
ˈman(t)əs/Submit
noun
a slender predatory insect related to the cockroach. It waits motionless for prey with its large spiky forelegs folded like hands in prayer.

In short and in the language of edgelordieness:
Dead inside on multiple levels, I consider myself a god  but also a trashy insect that waits for their ascetic prayers to cement into existence.
• Hyperspecfic fixation  • Open-minded
• Digital Artist  • Sona|OC shipper 
• Romance lover • Fated pair type
∆Venturing into unknow written lands∆

Cookie

Cause I like cookies. Pretty deep huh  O8)
O/Os
Availability: Back, active and looking for something.

Trigon

originalazrael

When I was younger, I used Azrael a bit, (because teenager, so the archangel of death was so cool back then), but not long after, I came to a forum that already had the name. I didn't want to have numbers in my name, and was hard pressed to think of a whole new unique name, (I forget if I tried a few others or not).

In the end, I decided to just put original in front, and I've never needed to change it since.
Psst! Over here! This is important!

I also have a request thread available!

Current RPs: 8
Currently Plotting: 2
Available for RPs: Yes
originalazrael#2659

MrModular

Because I like synthesizers...like, a lot.

Trigon

I liked the sound of my username

Thera Regina

I Chose My Username Because...I Was Hoping To Do Some Strange Magic RPs, And Princess Alexx Is My Strange Magic OC

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Gypsywoman

I chose my username because..Gypsy is what I use on other sites in the past, of course that username was taken. So I added woman to the end * shrugs* seem to fit.

The reason I choose Gypsy as a username is because I have always had a fascination with Gypsies, even as a child. Probably because we told that if were not good children we been given to the next Gypsies that came by. Now you think that scare a child. Of being the terrible kid I was, thought it be a great adventure to off the gypsies, learn their magic and see different places. Of course I didn't know their reputation at the time. Now I know about them and they way that are and even with that knowledge I still hold on to the romantic notions that I had as a child. 

Just because the road is rocky doesn't that mean your spirit should be rocky too!

JustAlexander

Mine is simple (just like me haha)
All I did was shorten my first name “Justice” and add my middle name “Alexander”

KrataLightblade

Because it was the name of my very first D&D character I actually did real role-playing with rather than just throwing dice at monsters.

RedRose

I love red, I love roses, I love red roses.
I also wanted something pretty, feminine, easy to remember and not too long.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Endorphin

Because endorphins inhibit pain signals and produce a feeling of euphoria. And, well, I just like to bring about more happiness.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

William Blake

Despite popular opinion, I did not name myself after the poet. I know he exists, of course, but I had forgotten about him for a while.

No, I chose William because it's a pseudonym I'm familiar with, and I decided I needed a last name to go with it. I wanted something strong, that fit the name, and flowed easily off the tongue. Blake popped into mind, seemed right, and I went with it. Only to be reminded later of the poet (and movie protagonist).

Mr Quixotic

I can be wildly quixotic in nature, as in the wildly unpredictable definition.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

Quick Ben

Read the Malazan Book of The Fallen series and find out. Or just the first book.

Or google it... You lazy bastards.
The Crazy Den of Quick Ben

"We have a proverb," said Hadji Murád to the interpreter, " 'The dog gave meat to the ass, and the ass gave hay to the dog, and both went hungry,' " and he smiled. "Its own customs seem good to each nation."

Mile High -- Redd & Hood -- Lana Cross -- Goblet of Murder & Mystery -- Naughty or Nice --  Princess Peach

Mirrah

A play on words, a name I created for a character, ages ago. Turns out it may actually be a name, too. Who'd have known? Not I.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Dark Rez

I'd say that I chose my character name (Rennryn Oviar) Because it just sounds like the man is full of hurt and pain. He's a high-elf mage, he is a betrayer of those that betrayed him. Throughout my life, I've been betrayed many times, stabbed in the back, turned on, and spat on for probable causes. Because of that, I decided to make this character a revenge character, who turns into a mage and becomes the highest ranking elf, then turns on all of the elves that have become lax and betrayed him when he was young. So, with further ado I introduce- Rennryn Oviar- Betrayer of Elves!

Jennifer swallows

Started roleplaying at sites like Locked in lace and had to come up with something appropraite for my character. Originally it was Jennifer Cocktease, but there was a bit too much follow through on my part, so I changed it.  XD Picked the Jennifer name because I always thought it sounded cute, but could pull of sexy easily.

Nerdess

Because I wanted something relatively open, short, and descriptive.  Ideally something that lets you know what you're gonna get right on the tin!
o / o -- roll the dice -- a / a

MisledBloodshed

took it from lyrics of a Creature Feature song (Buried Alive) a few years back, liked the way it sounded and it aligns with my... tastes *grins*