Villain Protagonist Curse of the Crimson Throne (Pathfinder, FxM, MxM, BDSM)

Started by PaleEnchantress, November 11, 2016, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

The gorgeous young woman that married the King did so with the idea that the old king would die soon. When the Kings health stayed strong after years of waiting the  Queen grew impatient. It wasn't until she was possessed by one of the greatest evils Golarion has ever known that  she finally saw to her husbands death. Gods save them from the Queen.

Curse of the Crimson Throne is a Pathfinder adventure path that is often considered one of the best they ever made. The Heroes are in Korvosa, a city perched on anarchy when the king dies and rumors say the queen is responsible. The heroes must battle the influence of an ancient curse, vicious mobs, horrid plagues, and barbarian nations ready for war. All to learn the even darker truth behind the tyrranical and bloodthirsty Queen's actions so they can stop her from bathing all Golarion in blood.

And you, the PC's, are here to make sure those heroes fail and die! This is curse of the crimson throne played through the opposite side, that of the possessed queen and those loyal to her.  All with extra BDSM and a large dose of male homoerotica.

The Queen is officially my GMPC but she wont be accompanying the group on most adventures. Familiarity with the adventure module is not required but will probably help you with character background. Your character likely starts the game with some authority, and you are encouraged to pick actual NPC that serve the Queen from the adventure path and replace them with your character. Any antagonist related factions are rich with potential character backgrounds. Male characters are also encouraged but there is plenty of possibilities for women too.  BDSM  themes will be present. Neither you nor your character need be gay but the game will include glorification of the male anatomy, homoerotic displays for the queens pleasure, occasional erotic acts between "brothers in arms", and using forced penetration to further show the rabble who's in charge. So if you totally hate male on male content I wouldn't suggest this campaign.

This is the  interest check which will hopefully transfer into an application thread with fully fleshed out details. Please leave a reply with a little bit about who you want to play and what you want to see. Onward with the tyranny, black magic, and noble debauchery.

Starting level is 4, 25 point buy.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Blythe

Very interested in this--I don't have a character idea just yet, but I am most interested! I will have to break out my books and see what I feel like playing! :-)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Blythe on November 11, 2016, 08:19:40 PM
Very interested in this--I don't have a character idea just yet, but I am most interested! I will have to break out my books and see what I feel like playing! :-)

So you know, every official class in pathfinder is listed in full detail at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/. Also most D&D 3.5 classes that were not ported to pathfinder such as Crusader or Beguiler are allowed. There will be some classic combat and dungeon crawling but court intrigue and "Kill so and so but make it look like an accident" have a large presence. This does not mean everyone should play a bard, just that if you play a 8 foot tall tower of muscle straight from a Manowar album cover (Sexy as hell btw) you will get to play up the contrast of being out of your element. I tend to find that fun and a great RP Opportunity.

Also for those not familiar with the adventure or Golarion lore. This is who your beloved Queen is (in spirit).

Kazavon

The followers of Zon-Kuthon, God of Envy, Pain, Darkness, and Loss tend to be a nasty bunch, with a penchant for torture and self-mutilation. Yet not a one of them - including quite possibly Zon-Kuthon himself - has ever come close to the level of atrocity perpetrated by Kazavon, Zon-Kuthon's one-time Champion. Essentially Vlad the Impaler in the form of a sixty foot Blue Dragon, Kazavon disguised himself as a human mercenary and offered to help the nation of Ustalav drive out the invading Orc hordes. Upon his victory, Kazavon set himself up as the dictator of the borderlands area, where he ruled with an iron fist, torturing to death all those who disagreed with him, including many of the soldiers who had served him faithfully up to that point. When his employer tried to rein him in, Kazavon flayed the man alive. He would go on to achieve truly special heights of depravity, holding torture parties, and orgies involving the undead, spreading his influence throughout the entire area, and having entire villages impaled for his entertainment. Kazavon was eventually killed by a party of heroes, but the madness didn't stop there. The pure evil of his soul contaminated his skeleton and threatened to resurrect him. The bones were crafted into seven Artifacts Of Doom and hidden throughout the country; contact with even one of them is enough to drive the wearer down a path of madness, murder, and ultimate self-destruction.

There are also numerous organizations you may even want to make your character the leader of. Such positions are allowed. If there is a prestige class related to the organization you need not be part of that prestige class.

Hellknights: Dark crusaders and enforcers who ensure order at all costs.

Queen's Physicians:  Plague Doctors who are masters of disease and poison. They will spread the red plague of the Queens to kill off the undesirables, and opposition in Korvosa.

Red Mantis Assassins: Exceptionally loyal eastern themed assassins with extra body horror potential. They work for the queen to eliminate "problems", including The King.

The Cerulean Shields (Gray Maiden's in the campaign proper): A group of elite soldiers who enforce the Queen's will at all costs. Only those both exceptionally skilled and exceptionally good looking. The men are all part of the Queen's harem, the women slice their faces up in ritual disfigurement. All members make great sacrifices to be admitted.

The Korvosan Guard: The guardians of the palace who also oversee the town guard who deal with daily law enforcement. If no PC enters this group they will eventually be disposed of in the events and replaced with a different group.

Diabolists - Korvosa has a great wizardry school, the school is especially known for their Infernalist studies. The Queen uses devils and kytons  to do her bidding a lot. You see where this is going. . .

The cult of Zon-Kuthon - While not officially aligned with The Queen those favored by the dark god may receive visions that Kazavon has taken the Queen's body. Their god directs them to serve his greatest champion.

Those are just some of the options.

indarkestknight

I am picky about what M/M content I enjoy, but that said, I do have a couple ideas..

Regarding the Queen...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
James Jacobs has commented that the intention is that Kazavon empowered Ileosa to act on her evil alignment, but that whatever influence he has on her isn't magical, he isn't just Kavazon wearing an Ileosa meatsuit, so that players can't just stop her by casting spells that would free her from magical mental influence. That said, this is your campaign, and as it's clearly your intent to depart at least somewhat from the source material.

Now. That said, I do have a few potential ideas circling round my brain. One would be a sorcerer or bloodrager with a certain blue dragon's bloodline. The other is a sort of Anti-Blackjack, along the lines of Trifaccia from Crown of Fangs.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: indarkestknight on November 11, 2016, 10:58:54 PM
I am picky about what M/M content I enjoy, but that said, I do have a couple ideas..

Regarding the Queen...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
James Jacobs has commented that the intention is that Kazavon empowered Ileosa to act on her evil alignment, but that whatever influence he has on her isn't magical, he isn't just Kavazon wearing an Ileosa meatsuit, so that players can't just stop her by casting spells that would free her from magical mental influence. That said, this is your campaign, and as it's clearly your intent to depart at least somewhat from the source material.

Now. That said, I do have a few potential ideas circling round my brain. One would be a sorcerer or bloodrager with a certain blue dragon's bloodline. The other is a sort of Anti-Blackjack, along the lines of Trifaccia from Crown of Fangs.

Your ideas sound great.  I am aware that in the base campaign Ileosa was a truley wicked and cunning bitch who just got a little push from Kavazon.  This is a conscious change to the base material on my part. It's either entirely Kazavon or (more likely) the two have merged completely into one and there is no differentiation between them. Now there is simply a little Ileosa in Kazavon and there always will be. it's no 50/50 mix though. The Queen is still closer in spirit to the stronger personality, Kazavon, before they merged than it is to Ileosa.

Just like James Jacobs had his reasons for his version. I have mine. Kazavon is now a more central entity and there is no potential conflict of loyalties for anyone. Whether someone was loyal to Ileosa or Kazavon they are now fully with The Queen of Korvosa. Also is eliminates the potential for The Queen's ultimate blood bath to cause her to lose her soul to the Dragons.

Both your concepts sound great. Just know Ileosa herself is probably getting changed from bard to sorcerer with that same bloodline though in her case it does not represent her heritage.  Taking up the role of Trifaccia sounds particularly creative of you. As with any NPC a PC might wish to take up there is no reason to feel like you need stick with anything established about the character in the official adventure path. (Like class, race, name, personality) - You would simply be put in the role of the anti blackjack if that's the role your character leans toward.

I look forward to speaking with you more. 

Zaer Darkwail

Can it be possible to play Venster Arabasti? The disfigured 'secret stepbrother' of the king? Change the story so that instead killing him the queen had managed to work/cooperate with him (in short keep seduction game going or simply bribed him so he does not attempt step to the throne so long she provides him 'entertainment').

PaleEnchantress

If we have three PC's confirmed thats enough to begin, though I was hoping for four considering the tun over rate of such things.

Anyway, here's some character generation specifics. Beginning level is 4, 25 point buy, 2 traits. Make up a a detailed backstory for one of your traits. Many things from 3.5 are allowed, just ask. We will also be using Kingdom building system, so when making your character you might want to consider what leadership role you desire.  Obviously, Ruler is filled.

Zaer Darkwail

My char is going to be Venster Arabasti (discussed details a lot with Pale in PM's) and he is going to be Vigilante (brute archtype) and who has some disfigure but can also considered pretty/handsome by some. I would like to occupy either councilor or consort position (the public identity anyways).

JoanieSappho

I have ideas for a spymaster-type character. (Also going for that role)
But, what races are/aren't available? I won't lie, size-related things are kind of a kink for me, and a cute little halfling guy would definitely be fun for me to play.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 13, 2016, 10:45:20 AM
My char is going to be Venster Arabasti (discussed details a lot with Pale in PM's) and he is going to be Vigilante (brute archtype) and who has some disfigure but can also considered pretty/handsome by some. I would like to occupy either councilor or consort position (the public identity anyways).

I was looking at the Brute Archetype thinking it looked a tad high on how much you pay for it vs how much you get from it. So, changes.

It has high will and fort saves, low reflex. - The damage and attack bonus is +1 at level 1 and another +1 for level 5 and every 5th level thereafter. - If fighting completely unarmored you get +4 at AC and +1 at level 4 and every 4th level thereafter. - Immunity to fatigue/exhaustion works normally and doesn't prevent entering brute form.  (This carries to other classes with rage mechanics and such a strange limitation)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: JoanieSappho on November 13, 2016, 11:05:08 AM
I have ideas for a spymaster-type character. (Also going for that role)
But, what races are/aren't available? I won't lie, size-related things are kind of a kink for me, and a cute little halfling guy would definitely be fun for me to play.

Core races, Features races, and uncommon races are all allowed. - Just know Korvosa is a very racist place and will only get more racist under The Queen's rule. One Arc in the adventure even involves trying to kill off all the lesser races and poor people. Your character, of course, will not be on the list of those to be killed. Your cute halfling is a novelty toy, which may be what you wanted anyway.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 13, 2016, 11:09:35 AM
It has high will and fort saves, low reflex. - The damage and attack bonus is +1 at level 1 and another +1 for level 5 and every 5th level thereafter. - If fighting completely unarmored you get +4 at AC and +1 at level 4 and every 4th level thereafter. - Immunity to fatigue/exhaustion works normally and doesn't prevent entering brute form.  (This carries to other classes with rage mechanics and such a strange limitation)

Wohoo! Well, good will save makes it less likely my char goes apeshit against his own party at least :P. But considering the present circumstances I think counsilor (or rather simply as seneschal or dual functioning as counsilor/seneschal considering the original one had sort 'slipped away' by time game starts) would be role which my char settles in (than as consort just when your husband's body is not even cold yet).

Overall my char looks in below;

(normal form/identity appearance, he fancies to wear a decorative blindfold to conceal his triple eyes)

(as a brute under alias 'Butcher')

Blythe

Just letting you know that I'm still interested, Pale--I've just hit a patch of feeling under the weather, so it might be a day or two before I can toss possible character concepts at you. (I totally understand if the delay results in the game filling up before I can make anything, but I wanted to post that I'd be a bit MIA a day or two so it wasn't a surprise)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Blythe on November 13, 2016, 02:53:27 PM
Just letting you know that I'm still interested, Pale--I've just hit a patch of feeling under the weather, so it might be a day or two before I can toss possible character concepts at you. (I totally understand if the delay results in the game filling up before I can make anything, but I wanted to post that I'd be a bit MIA a day or two so it wasn't a surprise)

I'm very glad you let me know. It can be frustrating to see someone go MIA and wonder if they just lost interest. Especially since I was looking particularly forward to . . . "playing with you" *evil grin*

JoanieSappho

Working on stats, but generally, my halfling knows which way things are going and has decided to make himself useful. And he kinda likes being passed around like a toy (although, by the same token, he totally gets off on doing terrible terrible things to much larger men. And women, but mostly men.)
Image is ... eh, but one thing he does is disguise, and he's made sure he can pass as either gender depending on need/whim. Other than general build and skin colour, most things can and will be changing.
But, in brief, he'll be small, androgynous and yet incredibly well-endowed for his size. A particularly plump seven or so inches, maybe.

VonDoom

Super interested. I have a character I'd like to use for this who I've been dying to use in a game that doesn't end up a stillbirth.

I'll be happy to rewrite him as needed (or shorten, if it's too long) for the game. I also have a non-planar version I wrote awhile ago for yet another game, if you don't want to bother with Planescape-type shenanigans.

Shirvan

Name:      Shirvan
Race:      Aasimar (Peri-Blooded)
Class:      Bard
Alignment:   NE
Hair:      black
Skin:      fair
Eyes:      gold

Appearance:
Standing tall at about 5'11' feet, this man has a rather exotic look about him. Chiseled aristocratic features -- a straight, sharp nose, angular cheekbones and strong jawline, all handsomely framed by shoulder-length black hair that contrasts well with his fair complexion -- and his confident poise suggest a man of noble origin. His eyes, an odd sight the color of molten gold, issue a playful challenge to those who meet them, as if he knows some secret that he dares others to find out.

Shirvan's lean build and effortless movements clearly indicate to anyone with an eye for such things that he knows how to handle himself in a fight; the scimitar that rests at the left side of his belt isn't for show, nor does he wear the leather pauldrons and greaves over his red vest with anything but the confidence of a seasoned warrior.

On a closer inspection, the black-haired swordsman appears to be just short of his thirties, though he has evidently mastered the art of etiquette quite well.  He speaks eloquently in his deep, smooth voice, appealing with a bright and attentive look.

His exotic flair is exaggerated by the fact that his speech sometimes slips into fairly odd inflections, when he doesn't pay attention. It's obvious that he isn't a native.

Background:
The tale of Shirvan is one steeped in tragedy, though whether it is his own or that of those who fell prey to his silver tongue is a subject for debate.

On any other world, in any of the many bountiful nations of famed Toril or the vast Golarion, a child born of celestial lineage would be a small wonder, the carrier of a grand destiny and someday, perhaps, a famed hero or prophet. Not so atop the Spire, within the City of Doors. There, even devils and demons grudgingly tolerate each other's existence under the protectorate of the mysterious Lady  of Pain, whose name only passes lips in hushed whispers for fear that her shadow might fall upon them. There, the exotic quickly becomes mundane.

Shirvan's divine parentage is undeniable, though its origins are suspect: his mother was a half-celestial, daughter of a Peri and a mortal, called Sha'van. Though traditionally representing the ideal of good like their kin, the Peri are a race of Celestials descended from Fallen Angels. Their blood sometimes pulls them into the very opposite direction. Conflicted her whole life between these two polar opposites warring inside, Shirvan's mother eventually began to drown her sorrows using an addictive euphoriant -- a drug derived from Slaad eggs. The chaos so introduced into her system quickly helped her get over any lingering doubts; not so the growing dependency and cravings they introduced. Ultimately, Sha'van's life ended short and miserably, the last decade of her existence the life of a drug-addicted prostitute in the Hive, one of the most wretched regions even in the slums of Sigil.

It was there that Shirvan was born. Though the identity of his biological father is unkown, his appearance suggests a human or a sub-species thereof.

As they say: Life's cheap, berk, but nowhere's it cheaper than in the Hive Ward. The man Shirvan recognizes as his 'proper' father was, for all intents and purposes, Sha'van's pimp. A downtrodden human with  Orcish ancestry (a presumption prompted by his prominent lower jaw) called Hammers-Nails or Nails, chosen for his enjoyment of the proverb that  'the nail that sticks out gets hammered down'.

He decided to keep Shirvan around and put him to work after his mother died. Though the number of women in his employ was small, it was still good to have a messenger and spy available. The young Aasimar proved very good at that. He was smart and handsome for a boy and quickly established himself as one of the leaders of the local children; mostly thieves, beggars or messengers themselves. His Celestial blood, however, also meant that he aged slower than most after his initial growth-spurt. At the age of sixteen, he still looked like he was twelve, but by then he had decided that he'd had enough and that he didn't like the glint in old Nail's eyes whenever the man looked at him lately -- a dagger in the gut remedied that and Shirvan was his own man.

A common occurence in the Hive.

Shirvan, for his part, was ready to move on. After a brief stint with the Collectors in Ragpicker's Square that didn't prove very successful, the boy banded together with a group of orphans and started going after local vermin for the reward. The main problem with that was that this particular sort of vermin grew more and more dangerous in large numbers and wasn't particularly pleased when their ranks were being culled. It was dangerous, but at least provided a meager income.

At the age of twenty-five, now looking around fourteen years old, Shirvan lucked into what might well have been the greatest turning point in his life: he found a young half-elven child wandering the Slags, pretty much the worst area in the entire slum. The boy clearly didn't belong there. It turned out he stemmed from the Lady's Ward and had stumbled through a portal by accident. The half-elf was named Calath d'Arnay.

Rather than follow his first impulse and slit the stranger's throat in order to take his belongings, Shirvan decided to do the smart thing and help him find his way back home. The boy's family, the d'Arnays, were overjoyed and Shirvan was rewarded with a position as a live-in servant in the household.

A charming boy, he quickly ingratiated himself with the family. The patriarch of the house was Lorn d'Arnays, a human mage of plenty skill and renown. His elven wife, Marya, was not quite as influential, but stemmed from elven nobility and possessed some arcane skill herself, though she found herself more at home at court and with the classical elven arts.

It was there that Shirvan received a formal education and spent long hours training with the d'Arnays, who became more foster parents than employers; he was essentially growing up at about the same rate as Calath and they quickly established a brother-like relationship, even if Shirvan was mostly playing along so as to keep his new privileges.

Shirvan was more gifted than Calath in many ways and figured that, if he proved his superiority often enough while putting up a good facade, he might supplant him at some point. He didn't really try to do anything malicious to Calath, actually enjoying the company on some level as they began to journey across the Planes, stumbling upon the occasional adventure.

Still, the fact that he hadn't yet usurped Calath' position as the favored son was gnawing at him and, when they both started to vie for the same woman, the situation grew worse. Shirvan had always been very close to his elven foster mother, who he had no doubt would have little qualms leaving the legacy to him, if both her husband and son would meet an unfortunate demise. And he'd have the woman he fancied, too.

Things didn't go quite as well as intended. An attempt to poison both of them failed after Lorn's death, when Calath discovered his malevolent betrayal. Shirvan was forced to flee with nothing but what he had currently on him. He knew of a priced possession of his newly deceased foster father's that might prove his salvation. Preferring the risk to a return to the slums, he broke into the mage's sanctum and stole the powerful Amulet of the Planes located there. He immediately activated its power -- to be whisked away to somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't Sigil.

He didn't expect to appear before a demon lord. As an angel-blooded thoroughly in the grasp of evil, he luckily managed to draw interest and instead of being devoured immediately offered his services in exchange for his continued existence. After all, why not act in such a service and work to become a favored agent? Anyone could become a Demon Lord if they amassed enough power to take charge of an abyssal layer and it seemed as good and grand an ambition as any.

Personality and Psychology:

For a man born poor in the slums, Shirvan is actually a fairly nice person. He only kills people without remorse if it serves a purpose, rather than if they look at him in a slightly disagreeable manner. Though he would certainly qualify as an 'evil' person by most standards, he doesn't view himself as a bad person per se. Life dealt him a bad hand, what's so wrong about discarding it and getting a new one? It's not like people are actually gone gone after they're dead, he's just shortening a period of their journey to the next plane their karma draws them to.

He's quite happy with the people he has actually killed, such as his foster father. The pimp had not only been the final nail in his mother's coffin, but had put him to work as a messenger in one of the most dangerous areas in the multiverse. Plus, there were those lecherous looks Nails had given him towards the end. Preempting anything he might have done with a generous stabbing was a good thing for everyone involved, really.

Killing his foster father and brother (or trying to, in the latter case) was not a decision made lightly, but one enforced by years of frustration that had slowly built. He believes himself a better son than Calath, in every conceivable way; it wasn't fair that his low birth should stand in the way of that. The shade of pity he had always perceived in both their eyes continually galled him, his rage barely supressed underneath the surface of playing the perfect son.

Rage that reminded him all too much of Hammers-Nails, further exacerbating the issue until he finally decided that killing them was all he had left if he ever wanted to move on. He doesn't regret having killed Lorn, though part of him laments the future that might have been if the man had just been a little less attached to his own flesh and blood.

All this comes to one statement: Shirvan kills without remorse when he feels it necessary, then rationalizes it. He prefers to do it in cold blood in order to feel in control, but his temper sometimes gets away with him. However, it should be noted that he doesn't kill often, nor indiscriminately.  Only when his charm and cunning won't get him what he wants will he stoop to such methods; this serves as both a way to distinguish himself from Nails, as well as to give him a sense of superiority.

Though aware of it to some extent, there is something he won't admit to himself: he has issues with the female gender. Or rather, with applying his rather pragmatic outlook on the continued existence of other people to women. Having never really had a mother figure and then connecting very well with his new foster mother to the point of a slight infatuation, he finds that whenever it would benefit him more to kill a woman than to let her live he makes up excuses.

Beyond his views on killing, Shirvan likes to view himself as an ambitious person with the guts to do what is needed. He's certainly clever, cunning and even brave in the face of danger when he has to be. Now that he had a taste of privilege and power, he desires to regain that sort of position and go beyond it.

He didn't enjoy the confrontation with his foster brother and his forced retreat, preferring by far to appear the dashing hero than the wretched villain. This means that he will generally entertain and project a good image of himself, even if he has to go to depraved lengths behind the curtain to keep wearing that clean vest in public.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Chulanowa

I'm usually a little wary of "evil" games, buuuuuut I love me some cotct and I find myself getting ideas.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 14, 2016, 01:51:41 PM
I'm usually a little wary of "evil" games, buuuuuut I love me some cotct and I find myself getting ideas.

It's an awesome module. Since you're familiar with it I guess I don't have to warn you playing COTCT from the villains side includes doing a lot of really evil shit. Though I expect the guys in the player character party will all have pretty good camaraderie  (and maybe the occasional circle jerk, you never know. . . ). You all have similar goals and work under the same structure.

So if you are cautious of evil games because of player vs player spiraling out of control. We have you covered. If you are squeamish about roleplaying evil acts though you might want to give it some more thought. I am quite interested in your ideas though.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on November 14, 2016, 05:32:23 AM
Working on stats, but generally, my halfling knows which way things are going and has decided to make himself useful. And he kinda likes being passed around like a toy (although, by the same token, he totally gets off on doing terrible terrible things to much larger men. And women, but mostly men.)
Image is ... eh, but one thing he does is disguise, and he's made sure he can pass as either gender depending on need/whim. Other than general build and skin colour, most things can and will be changing.
But, in brief, he'll be small, androgynous and yet incredibly well-endowed for his size. A particularly plump seven or so inches, maybe.

We have one applicant who just informed me he likes traps. I like your characterization already. I hope you can find a higher quality image for his final representation in the game though.  Multiple "spymaster" types actually work really good together, if the entire party is good at subterfuge ill rig many tasks to include ore subversive tactics. I mention this because I know a couple others have cloak and dagger/sword and subtlety type skill concepts. So I'm letting people know not to be shy about a little overlapping in character skills.

Quote from: VonDoom on November 14, 2016, 07:19:30 AM
Super interested. I have a character I'd like to use for this who I've been dying to use in a game that doesn't end up a stillbirth.

I'll be happy to rewrite him as needed (or shorten, if it's too long) for the game. I also have a non-planar version I wrote awhile ago for yet another game, if you don't want to bother with Planescape-type shenanigans.

Shirvan

Name:      Shirvan
Race:      Aasimar (Peri-Blooded)
Class:      Bard
Alignment:   NE
Hair:      black
Skin:      fair
Eyes:      gold

Appearance:
Standing tall at about 5'11' feet, this man has a rather exotic look about him. Chiseled aristocratic features -- a straight, sharp nose, angular cheekbones and strong jawline, all handsomely framed by shoulder-length black hair that contrasts well with his fair complexion -- and his confident poise suggest a man of noble origin. His eyes, an odd sight the color of molten gold, issue a playful challenge to those who meet them, as if he knows some secret that he dares others to find out.

Shirvan's lean build and effortless movements clearly indicate to anyone with an eye for such things that he knows how to handle himself in a fight; the scimitar that rests at the left side of his belt isn't for show, nor does he wear the leather pauldrons and greaves over his red vest with anything but the confidence of a seasoned warrior.

On a closer inspection, the black-haired swordsman appears to be just short of his thirties, though he has evidently mastered the art of etiquette quite well.  He speaks eloquently in his deep, smooth voice, appealing with a bright and attentive look.

His exotic flair is exaggerated by the fact that his speech sometimes slips into fairly odd inflections, when he doesn't pay attention. It's obvious that he isn't a native.

Background:
The tale of Shirvan is one steeped in tragedy, though whether it is his own or that of those who fell prey to his silver tongue is a subject for debate.

On any other world, in any of the many bountiful nations of famed Toril or the vast Golarion, a child born of celestial lineage would be a small wonder, the carrier of a grand destiny and someday, perhaps, a famed hero or prophet. Not so atop the Spire, within the City of Doors. There, even devils and demons grudgingly tolerate each other's existence under the protectorate of the mysterious Lady  of Pain, whose name only passes lips in hushed whispers for fear that her shadow might fall upon them. There, the exotic quickly becomes mundane.

Shirvan's divine parentage is undeniable, though its origins are suspect: his mother was a half-celestial, daughter of a Peri and a mortal, called Sha'van. Though traditionally representing the ideal of good like their kin, the Peri are a race of Celestials descended from Fallen Angels. Their blood sometimes pulls them into the very opposite direction. Conflicted her whole life between these two polar opposites warring inside, Shirvan's mother eventually began to drown her sorrows using an addictive euphoriant -- a drug derived from Slaad eggs. The chaos so introduced into her system quickly helped her get over any lingering doubts; not so the growing dependency and cravings they introduced. Ultimately, Sha'van's life ended short and miserably, the last decade of her existence the life of a drug-addicted prostitute in the Hive, one of the most wretched regions even in the slums of Sigil.

It was there that Shirvan was born. Though the identity of his biological father is unkown, his appearance suggests a human or a sub-species thereof.

As they say: Life's cheap, berk, but nowhere's it cheaper than in the Hive Ward. The man Shirvan recognizes as his 'proper' father was, for all intents and purposes, Sha'van's pimp. A downtrodden human with  Orcish ancestry (a presumption prompted by his prominent lower jaw) called Hammers-Nails or Nails, chosen for his enjoyment of the proverb that  'the nail that sticks out gets hammered down'.

He decided to keep Shirvan around and put him to work after his mother died. Though the number of women in his employ was small, it was still good to have a messenger and spy available. The young Aasimar proved very good at that. He was smart and handsome for a boy and quickly established himself as one of the leaders of the local children; mostly thieves, beggars or messengers themselves. His Celestial blood, however, also meant that he aged slower than most after his initial growth-spurt. At the age of sixteen, he still looked like he was twelve, but by then he had decided that he'd had enough and that he didn't like the glint in old Nail's eyes whenever the man looked at him lately -- a dagger in the gut remedied that and Shirvan was his own man.

A common occurence in the Hive.

Shirvan, for his part, was ready to move on. After a brief stint with the Collectors in Ragpicker's Square that didn't prove very successful, the boy banded together with a group of orphans and started going after local vermin for the reward. The main problem with that was that this particular sort of vermin grew more and more dangerous in large numbers and wasn't particularly pleased when their ranks were being culled. It was dangerous, but at least provided a meager income.

At the age of twenty-five, now looking around fourteen years old, Shirvan lucked into what might well have been the greatest turning point in his life: he found a young half-elven child wandering the Slags, pretty much the worst area in the entire slum. The boy clearly didn't belong there. It turned out he stemmed from the Lady's Ward and had stumbled through a portal by accident. The half-elf was named Calath d'Arnay.

Rather than follow his first impulse and slit the stranger's throat in order to take his belongings, Shirvan decided to do the smart thing and help him find his way back home. The boy's family, the d'Arnays, were overjoyed and Shirvan was rewarded with a position as a live-in servant in the household.

A charming boy, he quickly ingratiated himself with the family. The patriarch of the house was Lorn d'Arnays, a human mage of plenty skill and renown. His elven wife, Marya, was not quite as influential, but stemmed from elven nobility and possessed some arcane skill herself, though she found herself more at home at court and with the classical elven arts.

It was there that Shirvan received a formal education and spent long hours training with the d'Arnays, who became more foster parents than employers; he was essentially growing up at about the same rate as Calath and they quickly established a brother-like relationship, even if Shirvan was mostly playing along so as to keep his new privileges.

Shirvan was more gifted than Calath in many ways and figured that, if he proved his superiority often enough while putting up a good facade, he might supplant him at some point. He didn't really try to do anything malicious to Calath, actually enjoying the company on some level as they began to journey across the Planes, stumbling upon the occasional adventure.

Still, the fact that he hadn't yet usurped Calath' position as the favored son was gnawing at him and, when they both started to vie for the same woman, the situation grew worse. Shirvan had always been very close to his elven foster mother, who he had no doubt would have little qualms leaving the legacy to him, if both her husband and son would meet an unfortunate demise. And he'd have the woman he fancied, too.

Things didn't go quite as well as intended. An attempt to poison both of them failed after Lorn's death, when Calath discovered his malevolent betrayal. Shirvan was forced to flee with nothing but what he had currently on him. He knew of a priced possession of his newly deceased foster father's that might prove his salvation. Preferring the risk to a return to the slums, he broke into the mage's sanctum and stole the powerful Amulet of the Planes located there. He immediately activated its power -- to be whisked away to somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't Sigil.

He didn't expect to appear before a demon lord. As an angel-blooded thoroughly in the grasp of evil, he luckily managed to draw interest and instead of being devoured immediately offered his services in exchange for his continued existence. After all, why not act in such a service and work to become a favored agent? Anyone could become a Demon Lord if they amassed enough power to take charge of an abyssal layer and it seemed as good and grand an ambition as any.

Personality and Psychology:

For a man born poor in the slums, Shirvan is actually a fairly nice person. He only kills people without remorse if it serves a purpose, rather than if they look at him in a slightly disagreeable manner. Though he would certainly qualify as an 'evil' person by most standards, he doesn't view himself as a bad person per se. Life dealt him a bad hand, what's so wrong about discarding it and getting a new one? It's not like people are actually gone gone after they're dead, he's just shortening a period of their journey to the next plane their karma draws them to.

He's quite happy with the people he has actually killed, such as his foster father. The pimp had not only been the final nail in his mother's coffin, but had put him to work as a messenger in one of the most dangerous areas in the multiverse. Plus, there were those lecherous looks Nails had given him towards the end. Preempting anything he might have done with a generous stabbing was a good thing for everyone involved, really.

Killing his foster father and brother (or trying to, in the latter case) was not a decision made lightly, but one enforced by years of frustration that had slowly built. He believes himself a better son than Calath, in every conceivable way; it wasn't fair that his low birth should stand in the way of that. The shade of pity he had always perceived in both their eyes continually galled him, his rage barely supressed underneath the surface of playing the perfect son.

Rage that reminded him all too much of Hammers-Nails, further exacerbating the issue until he finally decided that killing them was all he had left if he ever wanted to move on. He doesn't regret having killed Lorn, though part of him laments the future that might have been if the man had just been a little less attached to his own flesh and blood.

All this comes to one statement: Shirvan kills without remorse when he feels it necessary, then rationalizes it. He prefers to do it in cold blood in order to feel in control, but his temper sometimes gets away with him. However, it should be noted that he doesn't kill often, nor indiscriminately.  Only when his charm and cunning won't get him what he wants will he stoop to such methods; this serves as both a way to distinguish himself from Nails, as well as to give him a sense of superiority.

Though aware of it to some extent, there is something he won't admit to himself: he has issues with the female gender. Or rather, with applying his rather pragmatic outlook on the continued existence of other people to women. Having never really had a mother figure and then connecting very well with his new foster mother to the point of a slight infatuation, he finds that whenever it would benefit him more to kill a woman than to let her live he makes up excuses.

Beyond his views on killing, Shirvan likes to view himself as an ambitious person with the guts to do what is needed. He's certainly clever, cunning and even brave in the face of danger when he has to be. Now that he had a taste of privilege and power, he desires to regain that sort of position and go beyond it.

He didn't enjoy the confrontation with his foster brother and his forced retreat, preferring by far to appear the dashing hero than the wretched villain. This means that he will generally entertain and project a good image of himself, even if he has to go to depraved lengths behind the curtain to keep wearing that clean vest in public.

Nice backstory, it could use a *little* bringing it back down to mortal realms, especially with the foster parents. Might I suggest a Korvosan human noble family: the Arkona's. They have tied to demonic magic and have a decent miniplot in the campaign. Of course, you'll be killing all of them. The Queen would likely be willing to allow their coat of arms to transfer down to you once all other potential claimants are disposed of. You'd be the soul master of the Arkona house and in a position to fill it with your offspring. Though you'd need a wife who doesn't mind your "closeness" with The Queen.
Shirvan may be very mercenary with his loyalty but he is also capable of genuine affection for an other. I'm sure he is smart enough to understand that between the Queen and his potential wife which of them is replaceable and which his ultimate loyalty needs to stay with.

The Demon lord master makes an interesting twist. Lets clarify that he isn't a "Demon Prince" lord of a layer, ect.  The Arkona Arc ends just before The Queen really starts making alliances with infernal powers. It could be very satisfying to make the final battle of the arc against your demon lord master. Thus severing your abyssal ties just in time to join the queen's infernal ones.

Quote from: indarkestknight on November 11, 2016, 10:58:54 PM

Everyone should probably read this

Hardcore mansex is entirely optional, hell, even softcore is optional. At no point will anyone need to fuck or be fucked by another guy.  If, somehow, you end up as a torture/rape victim (which is unlikly to begin with. I have no plans for such things) and you arent the type to like it it would be glossed over and played for drama. You know, like a single line.  Just showing you how bad things were.
- "Your captor even sexually violated you. You can still smell his stench on your body"

What will be unavoidable is situations where the whole party has their dicks out. Particularly harem scenes with the queen. She likes her boys to be "close" so if you can't double stuff, display a little false "gay bravado", even so much as touch another guy, or possibly take a cumshot to the chest, make friendly jokes with other guys in the party "You must have really liked that! Haha I've never seen you cum to hard before" then you're limits are too strict to be comfortable in this campaign.

- Compare the requires level of homoerotic participation to a two girl one guy threesome where the girls are good friends decide to give a "fake lesbian" show and make out for a minute or one feels up the others breasts and tells the guy "These are really nice, you should try them." 

You can go full balls deep gay, even having a relationship you like and value far more then what you have with the Queen but thats by mutual choice.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I myself I am not 'balls deep' into gay sexual stuff but I am comfortable in 'I am straight enough to touch another guy's junk' (parrot mark if you can place which movie or scene said quote was used :P).

JoanieSappho

I'm probably also not too likely to go balls deep, but I'll probably get the the tip wet fairly often, so to speak. The more feminine/trappy males are definitely the more appealing ones to me, but I'm sure I can work with this.
As for images, I'm still looking. Just running into trouble with the overlapping sets of 'trappy/flat female - but not underage-looking' and 'not white' being so damn small.

PaleEnchantress

Speaking of Images I found some great ones for The Queen. BTW Her name is going to be Artemicia I never cared for the name Ilyeosa.  So if i use the name Artemicia, you know I mean Queen Artemicia Arabasti

All these images look close enough to be the same woman too. I'll have to find a few good ones for her clothing since she isn't dressing like this early in the campaign, and even later wears more "scandalously revealing pimped out royal gown". I like expensive clothing so expect images to tell you what she's wearing.

Artemicia. (Warning, you may have to go down on her during the campaign. Is that a problem?)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the winged redhead fits most to the end, but she got pointed ears so perhaps instead human she is half-elf? Perhaps easier find then images which fit for gown or earlier images (and nothing wrong use official images of her until reaching later stages where you got more freedom). I assume wings come out as sort mutation or gained template later on?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 14, 2016, 06:00:08 PM
Well, the winged redhead fits most to the end, but she got pointed ears so perhaps instead human she is half-elf? Perhaps easier find then images which fit for gown or earlier images (and nothing wrong use official images of her until reaching later stages where you got more freedom). I assume wings come out as sort mutation or gained template later on?

Yes she eventually will be growing wings. I've done a few custom things to her. Most of them changes I'd allow any PC to do. The exception is getting the full sorcerer bloodline Draconic (Blue) without even being a sorcerer. That's just a straight up "cheat". I don't see "The Queen Artimecia is stronger than the average PC of her level" being something anyone is going to complain about.  She isn't even going to be in the party most of the time, though there is a magic item early on that gives her an improved version of project image she can use near which ever of you wears it.  - It's actually what I've made of her stolen brooch.

The official Ilyeosa illustrations are a bit low quality (not bad but, cartoony), but they sure show her taste in clothing off. The images above are to give you a more concrete idea of her looks in a realistic sense. Not "This is exactly what she is doing and what she is wearing down to every detail". This is an imaginative game after all.

PS: The official illustrations I posted of the second and third woman are the same person. In the game they come from it's the basic vs advanced version of her.

Chulanowa

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 14, 2016, 04:42:11 PM

It's an awesome module. Since you're familiar with it I guess I don't have to warn you playing COTCT from the villains side includes doing a lot of really evil shit. Though I expect the guys in the player character party will all have pretty good camaraderie  (and maybe the occasional circle jerk, you never know. . . ). You all have similar goals and work under the same structure.

So if you are cautious of evil games because of player vs player spiraling out of control. We have you covered. If you are squeamish about roleplaying evil acts though you might want to give it some more thought. I am quite interested in your ideas though.

Well, not so much "familiar" as "I really like what all I've seen"  ;D You're going to manage to surprise me.

I'm not too worried about the old canard of "evil party fights itself" so much as the whole "everyone tries to out-edgelord each other." This might just be due to what i've seen playing Sabbat games in V:tM, though

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 14, 2016, 07:45:23 PM
Well, not so much "familiar" as "I really like what all I've seen"  ;D You're going to manage to surprise me.

I'm not too worried about the old canard of "evil party fights itself" so much as the whole "everyone tries to out-edgelord each other." This might just be due to what i've seen playing Sabbat games in V:tM, though

I do love Sabat games, playing a high class elder Tzmisce is entirely my thing. I especially like to include a subversion of "vampire romance" by having such a character take a lover and show exactly why having an ancient vampire lover is a very VERY BAD thing. There are bits of titillating extreme romanticized abuse alongside a huge dosage of abject horror. If getting any attention from a Sabat Priscus is bad, try getting That kind of attention from it.

Okay self indulgence on edge Sabat over =P

That all said I don't think most, or any really, of the characters are going to be on Sabat pack level of pastime. However. . . there is Kazavon who merged with Artemicia  probably registers in VtM terms somewhere between Madame Guil and Vykos if you gave them the nymphomania derangement. So your opinion may vary.