Blondie Revolution - (Ai no Kusabi) Looking for Characters

Started by Jag, May 24, 2011, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Word spread quickly about the Blondie who was willing to sacrifice not only his status, but his life for a mongrel. A mongrel who was willing to do the same (at least in the end). Their relationship was hardly a secret before their deaths. Many knew of Iason Mink and his strange obsession with a mongrel named Riki. The mongrel had been 17 when taken as a pet, practically a fossil by pet standards. Not only that, but Iason had the gall to keep Riki well past the one year time that most pets were kept. Three long years Iason kept that boy. Everyone knew something was strange about that. A Blondie showing true feelings? It was inconceivable.

Iason had been more than just a Blondie, which was rather high ranked anyway, he'd been Jupiter's favorite.

If someone in Iason's status could fall so far, what was to stop others from doing so? Iason's death had shaken the framework that held their world together. People started to realize that Jupiter's law was breakable. That they could do things outside their computer ruler's wishes. While many did things that they shouldn't, it had never been this powerful before. People began to realize that Jupiter's system for ranking people was wrong. Mongrels weren't just trash anymore. They could make Blondies, of all people, love them and care for them. They could earn money and crawl their way from the bottom to the top. And Blondies started to realize that pets weren't always obedient and that wasn't always a bad thing.

Before the market for mongrel pets could explode, Jupiter got angry. The computer that created their world and laws took action. It started to enforce it's rules more harshly. Mongrels were now restricted to Ceres and could no longer travel freely to Midas. All pets were to be genetically lab created and were given short-term lives that would end a year after their activation. Brothels were shut down and Furniture were no longer allowed to be released, but instead had to serve their masters forever and were no longer allowed access to the computer terminals. Pet auctions were no longer the elaborate events they once were, but instead held completely online through silent auctions. The number of females to males was changed from 1 to 10 to a much stricter 1 to 20 to try and keep the populations of mongrels down.

The world became a much stricter place as Jupiter tightened it's hold over the throats of the people.

Because of this, even Jupiter's precious Blondies have begun to fight back. They seek to take back the world and remove Jupiter from power. Unfortunately, Jupiter was prepared for this and has enlisted those loyal to the computer to keep this revolution in check.

This game is going to be based on the novel/OVA Ai no Kusabi. It is a Japanese novel written by Rieko Yoshihara in 1986-1987 and focused on the ill-fated love between Iason Mink and Riki the Dark. The novel was made into 2 OVA episodes (which can be found easily online), but the novel is very hard to track down. Most people, myself included, have never been able to read the original novel. Due to that, the game will be based around fanon and canon that fit together.

Also, this is a Yaoi game. That means Male x Male. No female characters.

The characters of the game would range from Elites to Mongrels to Furniture to Pets. For those that are only familiar with the OVA and haven't seen it in a while, here is a quick break down of those terms:

Elites are genetically engineered by Jupiter. They are the best of the best and even have their own caste system within themselves. Blondies are the best of the elites. They control the means of the world and generally are better than everyone else. They are super strong and intelligent. They are, of course, blond haired and blue eyed. They all tend to be rather tall and have a 'I'm better than you, so shut the F-up and do what I say' attitude.

Blondies may be the best of the elites, but there are others. Black-haired elites are called Onyx, red-haired Rubies, green-haired Jades, blue-haired Sapphires and silver-haired Platinas. They have many of the same features and abilities as the Blondies, but do not have direct contact with Jupiter and do not possess the ability to alter people's minds.

The Elite are all sterile and are forbidden from having sexual activities.

Mongrels are the people who are 'natural' born. People that had parents who had sex and produced a child. While they can have hair colors close to the elite (never as vibrant), they are run of the mill. Riki was considered exotic to them because he had a pure black for hair color. These people live in Ceres and have to scrape by for a life. They usually end up as thieves to get by. In the past, female pets that ended up pregnant in a brothel or by a male pet would end up thrown into Ceres to raise the child on their own and many times die in childbirth because of lack of medical care.

Because of the situation between Iason and Riki, it is forbidden to keep a mongrel as a pet anymore.

Furniture are mongrels of special selection. They serve their elite masters through house care, taking care of Pets, and computer work. All Furniture had to meet a few criteria: high IQ, physical beauty, compliance. They by no means could be rebellious. They are given a tag, a thick wrist binding, that restricted them from leaving their Master's home or side when out. One draw back to the job was that all Furniture had to be male and had to be castrated. This prevented sexual interaction between Furniture and Pets (or their Masters).

In the past, several pieces of Furniture have been too smart and ended up hacking Jupiter's mainframe. All of these ones were put to death. All but one. Katze.

Pets are just what it sounds like. Men and women taken in by the elite for voyeuristic purposes. Since all elites are forbidden sexual activity, they were once thought to merely be looked at. Iason wasn't the first to go beyond that forbidden line, but he was the first to do it more than once and not try to hide it. A good quality Pet is lab bred and is created to be physically perfect and completely lacking in free will. New laws also restrict their life to 1-year after activation. A Pet is controlled through a Pet Ring. A device shaped like a cock ring, bracelet, necklace, finger ring, earring, etc that has their name, master's name, Pet ID, tracer, and other devices built into it that a Master can send jolts through for punishment and track their Pet down if it runs away. It is only able to be removed by the Pet's master or through medical intervention (removal of whatever body part it's on).

If I haven't scared you away...awesome!

I don't like very big groups. I can't handle them. So I'd like to keep this small till it gets running smoothly. There are several Canon Characters to choose from or you can make an OC. If you'd like to be a Canon Character, here are the ones that are available:

Raoul Am - A Blondie and the second in command of Tanagura, he is also Iason Mink's friend. He is a biochemist and may be charged with altering the memories and minds of those who disobey Jupiter. He creates top quality pets for sale. Since Iason's death, he has learned that they are more than what Jupiter says they are. He wishes to change the world and finish what Iason unintentionally started. (Raoul would be about 35 in age during the time of this game. 3 years after Iason and Riki's death) - Taken by Michi No Sora

Katze - A former furniture of Iason, he then gets involved in the black market and became the man of great power and influence there. Something of a computer genius, he once almost uncovered what he calls the 'Secret of Tanagura,' but got caught in the act by Iason. This earned him a nasty scar on his left cheek which he usually covers with his hair. He assisted in returning Riki to Iason at one point. He was there when they were killed and even shed tears for the two of them. (Katze would be about 30 in age during the time of this game. 3 years after Iason and Riki's death) - Taken by Eden

Guy - A former pairing partner of Riki's and a mongrel. When Riki was the leader of the Bison gang, Guy was his second-in-command, and Guy assumes the leadership when Riki vanishes for 3 years. He became enraged to find out that Riki was a Pet to a Blondie and went to drastic measures to get Riki back. This involved kidnapping and castrating Riki to get the Pet Ring off. He is the one that ultimately kills Iason and Riki in his attempt to kill just Iason. His left arm had to be amputated due to the damage Iason did to it and Katze was the one that helped nurse him back to health. He feels obligated to repay the world for what he did to Riki. (Guy would be about 23 in age during the time of this game. 3 years after Iason and Riki's death)

Enif - A former high-class Pet owned by Sir Kyle, who had a fight with Riki during the Free Party that the latter attended. He is now discarded and used as cheap labor, in stark contrast to the freedom and kind treatment Riki enjoyed with Iason. Going from being one of the most sought after Pets to being cheap, scum labor is enough to make anyone realize that something is wrong. For a while he blamed everyone else. Then he saw his former Master with a new, younger Pet. Enif realized he would never have the status he had before. Even if the world changed, he was still a whore who worked for little money and no respect. Still, he doesn't want to see anymore end up like himself. (Enif would be about 19 in age during the time of this game. 3 years after Iason and Riki's deaths)

Kirie/Killie - Formerly the youngest member of Bison (Riki's gang). He was lured into deals with Katze and Iason with the promise of a better life when the two were really just trying to get Riki to come back. His eyes have odd colors, the right eye is colored gold to sandy brown and the left eye is colored blue. Kirie is eventually betrays his former comrades. In the end, his mind was tampered with as his 'reward' and he was made into a mindless Pet like all the others. This was his reward and way into the 'good' life. As he aged, he was eventually discarded like Enif. He was forced to work in a brothel and even though he has no former memories of Katze's involvement in his life, nor does he remember Bison, Riki, Iason, or Guy...he knows that his life should have been better. He intends to claw and crawl his way back to the top once again and if he has to remove Jupiter from power to do it, then so be it. (Kirie/Killie would be about 20 in age during the time of this game since he was 17 in the OVA and it's been about 3 years since Iason and Riki's deaths...also, in the novel his name was Kirie, but in the OVA it was Killie. Chose which ever one you want to go with)

If you're interested, please fill out this character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] (elites have last names, mongrels and pets don't)
[b]Mongrel, Elite, Furniture, Pet:[/b]
[b]If Elite, what category:[/b] (Blondie, Jade, Ruby, Sapphire, Onyx, Platinum)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]History/Bio:[/b] (doesn't have to be too long. Most Elites are the same)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (just because people are lumped into categories doesn't mean they look exactly the same...scars, birthmarks, hair length, etc...)

Game Links[/url]

OOC
Main Thread
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nadir

Jag

Nadir

Jag

Nadir

Jag

Name: Raoul Am
Mongrel, Elite, Furniture, Pet: Elite
If Elite, what category: Blondie
History/Bio: Raoul Am was created by Jupiter in the same time frame as Iason Mink. They were bred practically as brothers. Both of them were strong and intelligent. Raoul was rated to be more a voice of reason than a business man and was placed as Second-in-Command to Iason. He became a biochemist and spent many years creating specialty Pets for those that could afford it. His own Pet had been a girl he created for himself named Mimea. She was very loyal to him, but he used her at one point to test Iason's feelings for Riki. She ended up falling in love with Riki and was completely devastated when Riki abandoned her. Raoul tried to alter her memories, but found himself unable to do so emotionally. Instead he tried to pair her up with male pet named Jana.

The girl ended up committing suicide a few months after the deaths of Iason and Riki when she found herself pregnant with Jana's child. This had a damming affect on Raoul. He'd lost his friend and brother Iason and now his best created Pet. It made him realize that no matter how a person was created (natural, specialty bred, or by Jupiter), they were all subject to the same feelings if the situation presented itself.

Raoul took his concerns to Jupiter, still believing in the computer's laws and rules. When the computer became angry with him and rejected his ideas, he realized that Jupiter didn't want people to be happy. It wanted to control them. It wasn't doing what it was to give their world order, it was doing it because the computer believed this was how a perfect world was obtained. This caused a break in Raoul's way of thinking. One he wondered if Iason had felt when he first saw Riki. Raoul couldn't stand the thought of creating more pets that would just die so soon after being brought to life. It seemed...wrong.

In an effort to do his part in changing the world, Raoul has lent his access number to a select few mongrels to allow them back into Midas again. He's even broken Jupiter's law and created several new pets that not only have a normal life span, but that don't have the lack of will power the old ones did. He's also falsified reports of tampering the memories of people he was ordered to do so and let them go free. He seeks to Katze and any other mongrels or elites that desire a new world order.

Appearance:

Jag

Saerrael

*ponders*
I'm still trying to decide between a mongrel and a pet. Both have something..

Jag

Choices, choices.

I like the idea of a mongrel rather than a pet since a Pet would be harder to get past Jupiter. :P

Either way we can make it work.

Saerrael

Hmhm, true, but a pet only lasting one year...
Do they know, themselves?

Jag

Well, Raoul is still making some (under the radar) that have normal life spans. So if your pet was created by Raoul, then we can work it to where he has a full life span.

As for the ones that do have the 1-year limit, I'd say they don't know. There would be more pet suicides, in my opinion, if they knew or it might make them more rebellious if they know they only have x-amount of months to live.

Saerrael

*head tilts* It would make a character interesting, though, if he knew he only had a year to live.
But, yes, I can understand a society rather not having 'interesting' pets *laughs*

Jag

If you want a 1-year life span Pet, we can work it out. I could see it making the Pet more willing to help take down Jupiter.

Saerrael

I'm still thinking about it, to be honest. *smiles a bit*
I think Pets may be a bit limited where Mongrels might not. But the limits of a Pet are intriguing, too.
I'm just going to give it more though.

Jag

Think about it as long as you need to. ^^ A Pet to a Elite that isn't considered part of the revolution would likely be more limited than one to someone like Raoul. Meanwhile a Mongrel won't have access to Eos like a Pet would. ^^

Saerrael

Suiko

*Flails madly* Oh my God, it's a thing!!

Ehem... I mean... i would like to express my interest in joining the venture... *Coughs*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Nadir

Jag

I'm about to add Enif and Killie/Kirie to the Canon characters. ^^

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Saerrael

Jag

Suiko

*Smiles happily and joins in the group-nibbles, adding the occasional lick*

I'm edging towards either a Pet or Furniture...
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Nadir

I'm still struggling to pick. I don't often get a chance to play a castrated ginger pretty. But. But. The Rubie...