-Pathfinder- “Finders Keepers” (Interest Check & Info)

Started by Sabriel, June 07, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterica

True, but she'll likely not be wearing a great deal in the way of clothes, so it is quite possible that people would assume that is the case since it is a frequent practice...  either that or they'll just think she belongs at a pillow house.

Sabriel

Well not wearing a great deal of clothes is not exclusive to sorcerers, especially in a city such as Shelzar :P

They don't call it the City of Sin for nothing hehe.

Mysterica

True enough true enough.  Besides, there always is her cloak.

sleepingferret

Ok, I'm still working on trying to find a character sheet or work one up real quick...I did all the scratch work in notepad (so it looks like a disaster).

So first here's my item list....

Handy Haversack 2,000 gp
pearl of power (3rd) 9,000 gp
+2 mithral shirt 5,100 gp
ring of protection +2 8,000 gp
+2 defending longsword 18,000 gp
+1 Flaming, Grayflame quarterstaff 18,000 gp
1900 gp (have yet to buy and deduct cost of mundane items)

Second here's the two feats I'd need approved for use (along with my complete feat list to help show why I chose these two):

Oversized Two-weapon Fighting (pg 111; 3.5 Complete Adventurer)
Somatic Weaponry (pg 47; 3.5 Complete Mage)

Two-Weapon Fighting
Skill Focus: Knowledge (History)
Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
Eschew Materials
Quarterstaff Master
Reach Spell

And lastly here's a quick overview of my character concept:

I started out using Gandalf as an inspiration (perhaps a tad cliche I know), but then I got thinking between the already present expressed interest in arcane spellcasters and the interesting effect the campaign world has on arcane magic itself; I started thinking again.  Aside from being the cliche wizardly type (who isn't really known for "casting" spells), who is Gandalf...he is a wise, diplomatic sort. 

So I started from there, and ended up with a potentially "aspiring" Loremaster in a wood elven fighter/cleric; that has at least 1 rank in almost every Knowledge skill...I think the only one I neglected was Engineering.  He also possess fair Diplomacy and Sense Motive abilities, so combined with his knowledge of local laws and nobility he can serve as an adventuring party's "spokesperson".

Saeldur
Male Wood-Elf fighter 4/cleric of Tanil 6
domains: Travel, Luck
str 14
dex 15
con 10
int 12
wis 19
cha 14

Also planning on using the Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior Archetype) if allowed.

EDITED: twice.... once for copy mistake on ability scores.... second time for just being an idiot (for which I have no comment).

Tydorei

Very interested. Now to reread the very large intro posts again and think up a fitting character.

PhantomPistoleer

Sabriel, I'm interested in playing a Coreanic Knight, a Human Paladin from Mithril.

Is it possible to prestige?  If so, I'd like for the Paladin to become a Hellknight.

ARGH!  I actually finished a character sheet, but when it came to saving, my internet turned off.  I will work on it tomorrow.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sabriel

Second here's the two feats I'd need approved for use (along with my complete feat list to help show why I chose these two):

Oversized Two-weapon Fighting (pg 111; 3.5 Complete Adventurer)
Somatic Weaponry (pg 47; 3.5 Complete Mage)

I do have a preference that things out of old material be avoided, but well since it fits your concept and you actually are seaming to use the feats in a way thats not abusive or silly id allow it.  A Gandalf type would be very fitting I think and the fact he is not a Wizard I love.  So yeah I see no problems with that  :-)

QuoteAlso planning on using the Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior Archetype) if allowed.
Also not a problem.

QuoteSabriel, I'm interested in playing a Coreanic Knight, a Human Paladin from Mithril.

It would be an interesting character choice, although you might be faced with some difficult situations along the way.  But well yeah no reason why a Paladin could not work, although you would of course need a reason for why your interested in the "employment" opportunity hehe 

QuoteIs it possible to prestige?  If so, I'd like for the Paladin to become a Hellknight.

It is possible to prestige yeah depending on what the prestige class is,  Hellknight is not something id disallow they would easily fit in the setting but well they don't really fit with Corean I think  :P 

What exactly are you thinking here ? because well its not the sort of Prestige class or order id generally associate with Corean, but well Chardun or Hedrada maybe. 

Black Howling

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 08, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
Ok, I'm still working on trying to find a character sheet or work one up real quick...I did all the scratch work in notepad (so it looks like a disaster).
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/save.php

Sabriel

Black Howling

Quote from: Sabriel on June 09, 2011, 08:26:38 AM
Thanks Black Howling that is super useful :)
I would have spoken more when I posted it, but i try to keep my before caffeine chatter down as much as possible. ;)

Glad you like it though.

Sabriel

Yeah someone else linked such to me before and its what I use whenever I make characters also, I did mean to post a link to it myself for people but I forgot so it's nice someone else picked up on it.

I am amending the first post also to include details about hit points, I missed that detail too hehe which Mysterica kindly reminded me of.

Isengrad

God, the temptation to go a psionic class is so much, but the only one I think that could effectively hide is the psychic warrior...at least until combat starts.

There were two 3rd party classes i was looking at(besides the almost overwhelming urge to make a soulknife/pyro), the Archon and the warlord. any opinons on these in the world? if nither of them will fit I can go to the base classes listed.

original artwork by karabiner

Sabriel

QuoteGod, the temptation to go a psionic class is so much, but the only one I think that could effectively hide is the psychic warrior...at least until combat starts.

I would allow one Psionic character perhaps within the group, but well all such characters have been subjected to the language virus which would likely be how you became a Psionic character in the first place. You might start having odd visions and such however because of this hehe. 

QuoteThere were two 3rd party classes i was looking at(besides the almost overwhelming urge to make a soulknife/pyro), the Archon and the warlord. any opinons on these in the world? if nither of them will fit I can go to the base classes listed.

Id rather avoid 3rd party material really, but the Warlord does not look to bad to me I can actually see that fitting in the world.  Id imagine Warlords are supposed to be like battle leaders, mercenary captains etc rather than just straight fighters there more specialized in leading others than in weaponry and armor, some of the class features certainly seam to represent this sort of things well and better than you might otherwise if you tried to create the concept with just a fighter.   

Edited because I was being silly and putting things as spoilers for some reason  :-\

Black Howling

Quote from: Sabriel on June 09, 2011, 10:43:25 AM
Id rather avoid 3rd party material really, but the Warlord does not look to bad to me I can actually see that fitting in the world.  Id imagine Warlords are supposed to be like battle leaders, mercenary captains etc rather than just straight fighters there more specialized in leading others than in weaponry and armor, some of the class features certainly seam to represent this sort of things well and better than you might otherwise if you tried to create the concept with just a fighter.

May not matter much on my opinion, though I think it's worth throwing in my two cents. The warlord more then most of the 3rd party classes fits the setting, and better then some core classes. Mainly due to the military presence and training that places like Calastia and Darakeene, not to mention the speical training that took place in the divine war.

Isengrad

one thing I noticed about the Slarecian Language Virus, is after a search.. how utterly debilitating it is.Those afflicted with the virus are cut off(communication wise) from everyone around them. They can not speak without infecting others and when they do its just gibberish, when they right its just doodles.

Do any Psionic characters have to be currently inflicted with the virus.. or could it have been cured at some point and it just opened their mind.

Sorry about this, would just like clarification. Cause while I dont mind playing the strong silent type..that takes it a little to far.

sleepingferret

Thanks for the link Black Howling, I'll have to add Plothook to my bookmarks.

I'll work on getting my character posted tonight, just dropping by on some spare time at work.

Sabriel

QuoteMay not matter much on my opinion, though I think it's worth throwing in my two cents. The warlord more then most of the 3rd party classes fits the setting, and better then some core classes. Mainly due to the military presence and training that places like Calastia and Darakeene, not to mention the speical training that took place in the divine war.

Indeed that is what I thought hehe, that is one reason I would allow such a class because it is more than quite fitting for the setting.

Quoteone thing I noticed about the Slarecian Language Virus, is after a search.. how utterly debilitating it is.Those afflicted with the virus are cut off(communication wise) from everyone around them. They can not speak without infecting others and when they do its just gibberish, when they right its just doodles.

Do any Psionic characters have to be currently inflicted with the virus.. or could it have been cured at some point and it just opened their mind.

Sorry about this, would just like clarification. Cause while I dont mind playing the strong silent type..that takes it a little to far.

What you might of read about the virus may be a little confusing and well outdated,  it can be cured and well it can also mutate.

To clarify any Psionic character will have suffered from it at some point, but they will not be suffering the usual affects any longer. They will be perfectly capable of communication with others, they may however suffer from visions, odd nightmares, daydreams or such on occasion. 

Isengrad

Alright, that's what i thought.. or hoping rather. It could be interesting to be a psionic class then. possible visions.. hallucinations. could add a nice quick to an otherwise straightforward character

Black Howling

Quote from: Isengrad on June 09, 2011, 03:48:58 PM
Alright, that's what i thought.. or hoping rather. It could be interesting to be a psionic class then. possible visions.. hallucinations. could add a nice quick to an otherwise straightforward character
I'm not sure psions are ever straightforward. >_> At-least not the ones I've seen. Updated for me, ranger is coming along well. Just having issues spending gold for equipment. I hate the number crunching. -_-

sleepingferret

Number crunching is a pain in the neck...but come on, rangers just need big fancy weapons or fun magical tricks like a good old fashioned Daern's Instant Fortress to have spring up in the middle of the forest....

Well ok...no self respecting ranger would pull a stunt like that... wizard or sorcerer maybe, but seriously....what about a 20,000 gp portable hole to carry all your stuff?  Then you could have like a folding ladder or something on the inside of it so you could climb into and out of it...and have your own little portable giant "rabbit hole". :P

Actually back to the instant fortress thing...I actually had someone use one like that before.  They had a horde of ogres chasing them, and they just tossed the thing on the ground, said the command word and their entire party ran inside.  Turned out to be an amusing little mini siege.

PhantomPistoleer

I'll probably be a Rogue prestiged into an Assassin or a Delver or something.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Thorn14

Holy...thats alot of time and care and detail you put into this.

I'll try to think of a character.

Its hard making a shy character who would find themselves in the city of sin!  XD

PhantomPistoleer

Thorn, why would your character be shy?  He or she would be a tenth level character.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Thorn14

I said shy, not weak.  8-)  Maybe she's not good with people.

Still thinking of a class I might like. Thiiiinking Cleric.

Playing a druid of Denev might make things interesting too.

sleepingferret

Saeldur, Cleric of Tanil
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8771

Sometimes called Saeldur the Old Sage by a few of his friends because he can usually be found with a book in hand.  While still youthful, for an elf anyways, he possesses knowledge beyond what many humans (and oddly enough, even elves) manage to garner in their entire lifetime.  His elders and mentors, and he will tell you that he has much to learn; and he is always seeking a chance to learn more.

Then there is the other part...of which perhaps you may even know him by.  Saeldur has served as a young diplomat because of his knowledge and what seems to be wisdom that is beyond most his age.

He is by no means perfect, and I can sometimes still that fire burning in his eyes...that lust for adventure.  But perhaps, for him anyways...he sees it as another opportunity to garner more knowledge.  I can't really say for sure, he has studied under the tutelage of some of the finest weapon masters I know.  Perhaps not the best in our realm...but he has studied and done well in learning some of the more difficult arts.

So as I write this, he begins to set out on some unknown journey and I can only hope that he seekers the lady's guidance in his journeys.

--- Elarinya, Priestess of Tanil