News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dying for a GM for a dwarven pathfinder game.

Started by Blinkin, February 17, 2013, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Ok, this is a little unusual, but here goes...

I've been dying to find a pathfinder game that is made up entirely of dwarves... the only problem is that I don't know the system half well enough to even consider running a game... so I'm looking for someone who would want to run a game for said group of dwarves.

So... if anyone is interested in GMing a group of rowdy, hell-bent for glory dwarves, or if anyone might be interested in a game like this... help?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

That sounds like a fun thing to play. 

I'm way too busy to run it though!  Just started two new games, and am trying to get a writing project going. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Ah, Mr. Muse. ;)

I expected you to appear around here someplace. You stalking me? lol

I didn't think that you would have time to DM anything else, or I would of approached you privately... although you're always fun to play with.... I'm sure that any party of dwarves wouldn't be complete with a female among them to drive them knuts... or even if there is only 1 male, drive him knuts. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheRaven

Not sure if I could find time to run it, but I'd be happy to play if we could stumble across a GM.  ;D
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheRaven

...You know, since I'm bored on a Monday night with nothing to do, would this be a 20 or 25 point buy?  ::)
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Blinkin

Well, it's up to the GM ultimately, but as you're asking me, I still prefer the 25 point buy or a straight 4D6 and drop the lowest system. ;) I tend to like the randomness of rolling the attributes as they can sometimes be more fun to play with  if you have to play a week stat.

Example: 4D6, dropping the lowest gets me...

Those are, of course, unmodified by racial modifiers or level up's. They are fairly average and the 9 and 10 kinda pushes you to be creative in what you do and how you play it.

But, who knows what the eventual GM may do... I have a character pretty much set up, except for the attributes and I can up him from 1st level to whatever fairly quickly.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chajesdad

Good Master Blinkin,

It is my great and humble honor to extend this opportunity for high adventure. I do feel the responsibility to advise, it shall be an exclusively dwarven party, there shall be travel and mayhem, song and intrigue, magic and might. Little is known about the world above or below, for we have clung to the mountain that is our home and driven out all who would defile or invade her secrets, accepting few as ally and none outside our skin as friend. Moradin, his right hand Dumathoin, and his wife Berronar, watch over us from the Moradinsamman. If it pleases you, and the terms are acceptable, please send word of your acceptance. There shall be six others at your table, one Muse by monicker, the other five are yet to be decided.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This game I am offering is in a custom world, from an insular, hearty clan of dwarves who have carved their society from the very fringes of the world. Their nearest reliable neighbors are actually a set of halfling barbarian tribes that raise dinosaurs on the plains below the mountains, and migrate through rotation. An elven hermit that wanders the mountains with an eye for the beauty of her surfaces, and knowledge of her strength beneath. These are truly the only allies the clan has, though there is word and some understanding of the world beyond, it is not through direct contact. The land is inhospitable to standard trade travel. I like the 25 point buy, and I will be using it, please adjust characters for 6th level. Limiting alignment to lawful or good. You can play lawful evil, you can play chaotic good, but there must be one of these alignment qualifiers, and both are welcome as well. I am doubling starting money, but, you must describe how this additional income is from your connection with the dwarven clan. History within the clan will be important so backstory is a must. Name names, family, enemies, business partners, shieldmate, beloveds, and for the very bold, how far are you from succession to the throne.

For the bold, the king led a venture party away from the clan in his youth, having assigned a regent. 90 years later, the kid brother of the king has begun to dispute the regents claim to the throne. Ten years stand between the king and his throne. If the throne stands empty for 10 more years, the contract signed by the king himself as he left the stony gates, provides the regent full lordly rights, as the new king of the clan. Pending a better suited candidate be proven.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I want to play not sure what since we are rolling stats it seems depends. But a female dwarf could be fun.

Blinkin

Honored Master Chajesdad.

Your offer is viewed acceptible in all particulars and I hartedly accept your offer.

To the roster of brave dwarves, I add one called The Raven, who has expressed interest in the proposed plan. If this couragous adventurer chooses to join our merry band of merading mischief makers proves true, then we shall be 3 with 4 yet to step forward, as you have stipulated.

As to particulars concerning my own contribution to this noble quest, I offer a Dwarven fighter and craftsman of no weak stone, although his backstory has not yet been written, he will be a staunch and loyal supporter of the King and his rightful bloodline.... I need to see how multi-classing works differently in pathfinder as compared to D&D as I may look into another possible class as well.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Agna the Lame
Dwarven Cleric

Strength 6  [-2]
Dexterity 11  [+0]
Constitution 15  [+1]
Intelligence 6  [-2]
Wisdom 18  [+4]
Charisma 14  [+2]

Born with a muscle disease that affects her strength she is still fit and wise in the ways of the divine powers that guard and protect the Dwarven people even if not "book smart" and is a socially gifted dwarven woman. She tends to travel light when she travels.

Chajesdad

Sweet Caste List is as follows

Blinkin                 Fighter
Muse                   Alchemist
Ruby Slippers       Cleric
Raven                  Ranger
Cryorage              ??
Luna                    Magus
Zaer Darkwail        ??

Remember all 25 point buy, double starting money with backstory attaching one to the clan, 6th level, lawful or good alignment restriction.

RubySlippers

Oh okay, someone rolled I thought earlier. Point buy is better will do a cleric likely will play a common miners daughter pretty much dwarven middle class. :D

Blinkin

If some caster will pick the Craft Magical Item feat, I'll go into partnership and we'll outfit everyone with magical arms and armor. ;)

I'm picking up craft armor and craft weapons... It would be a nice combo and provide a nice backstory.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheRaven

One question before I start with character creation. Are we going to be spending a great deal of this campaign underground?

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on February 21, 2013, 12:45:09 PM
If some caster will pick the Craft Magical Item feat, I'll go into partnership and we'll outfit everyone with magical arms and armor. ;)

I'm picking up craft armor and craft weapons... It would be a nice combo and provide a nice backstory.

My character is going to be a Runeforger she can make armor and weapons a lot faster alone. But she could use a partner.

Blinkin

Yeah, bbut the runes have a shelf life and takes time to do. You only get so many a day and it really doesn't help until you're in combat. If you're making magical weapons and armor, it's always enchanted.

I'm happy to talk about the two dwarves partnering up, his crafting skill level will be in the mid to high teens, so DC's will be relatively easy. Speed isn't really a concern in outfitting as they have 6 levels to of done it and even charging half of the regular price,makes coin. ;)

I suppose that I could write in a caster who gets paid to do the enchanting of his work. Since there's a lot of background to work out, it could save the characters a little coin in the weapon and armor department if it works out... GM?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Hm...  I think I'm overdoing it with the magic armor I'm getting for Tarkanna. 

With +2 in both armor and shield, she has an AC of 27.  (Goes to 29 when she drinks her mutagen.) 

Maybe I should drop both of those to +1 and get her some utility items.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Or, she can just get a masterworked version and still get the +1 bonus... I'll give her a good price. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on February 21, 2013, 03:57:24 PM
Yeah, bbut the runes have a shelf life and takes time to do. You only get so many a day and it really doesn't help until you're in combat. If you're making magical weapons and armor, it's always enchanted.

I'm happy to talk about the two dwarves partnering up, his crafting skill level will be in the mid to high teens, so DC's will be relatively easy. Speed isn't really a concern in outfitting as they have 6 levels to of done it and even charging half of the regular price,makes coin. ;)

I suppose that I could write in a caster who gets paid to do the enchanting of his work. Since there's a lot of background to work out, it could save the characters a little coin in the weapon and armor department if it works out... GM?

But you can shove them onto a magic item also making her magic warhammer and such even better. I get craft magic arms and armor free at 3rd level under the archetype you know.  ;D

I likely will gift the band at the start of the mission with items of power if you like make a big deal out of it, and your to name them since they are items of power.

Muse

A splinter from the Sunstone Clan, the Stoneskulls long ago went from goat herding to breeding and training war bores.  Like the Sunstones and other surface clans, they also serve as the first line of defense against invasion from above, and they’ve developed small unit skirmishing tactics useful for charging giants with lances, then goring them, then breaking away before they can suffer too much retaliation. 

Tarkana is the eldest daughter in a big family.  Her grandparents are heads of the clan. 

Though a ferocious warrior—sometimes bordering on a berserker--what makes Tarkana truly dangerous is her mastery of Alchemy.  She tires to have potion available for any problem.  She’ll soften up dangerous foes with bombs before going in for the kill with her war axe, “Myth Ender,” which is said to have once been used in battle against an avatar of Gruumsh. 

Tarkana is a sturdy, chesty dwarf-maid with thick, fiery hair.  She divides it into three braids—one over each shoulder and an extra thick one in the back.  It’s questionable whether the mace heads in each braid are functional or not.  No one’s seen her use them and lived to tell the tale.   

Blinkin

No big deal Ruby. There's no real use in having multiples of skill in a party, so I'll redirect my focus. You'll have the better positioned character for it and a second armorer/weapon smith would be redundant.

Back to the crafting board and see what I can come up with... a dwarf without a craft is just not right. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

How about a stonecutter?

Oh and GM will we be based out of the clan home or be traveling around? If the former I will likely invest in a workshop and suitable masterwork tools plus a shrine to her deity.

My character is coming along nicely.

Muse

Eleven years ago, during a brief but bloody conflict with a goblin nation called “The Goblin Fire War,” many dwarves were burned with alchemist’s fire by goblins who would not have otherwise been able to penetrate their defenses. 

In the final battle of the war, Tarkana was part of a flanking maneuver that got to the goblin’s main camp from behind and broke their army.  In the process, she found in the tent of one of their champions a cauldron, a bead, and a gnomish text on transcendental alchemy.  She petitioned the lord regent for permission to claim this loot for herself.  When her petition was granted, she devoured the knowledge within the book voraciously, thus becoming a skilled transcendental alchemist. 

Blinkin

I'll have to think about the craft.

Since you're being so gracious as making magical weapons/armor for the party, I'll need:

Dwarven double headed warax
Dwarven plate
A crossbow would be nice, but don't want to push... lol

He will, of course, pay the material cost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure if she can make crossbows is weapons crafting enough.

Oh and all crafted items I make will be 10% more, a tithe to her god for such items made using his power and through his mortal servant. That is 10% of the final price. But come on your still saving a bundle.

So your axe is 8000 gp retail you pay the base price plus 800 gp to the faith.

Deal?

Muse

*smiles*  Woudl be awesome if you could do the same for my armor and shield, and Frenzy's armor.  Myth Ender is an old axe with a long history so it probably doesn't apply. 

RubySlippers

Damned dwarves always coming to me for magic arms and armor. (heats up her forge)

cryorage

Oi if youve room for 1 more im interested.  been ages since ive played a dwarf heh.
The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…
For I now find I have no choice at all.

I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.
~Dinobot

Blinkin

Ummm, Ruby... What is the bonus on that weapon? Are you doing armor as well, or just weapons?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Okay any +2 item plain up is not an issue. If you want a +1 item with a special ability she can ONLY do clerical magic so those are very limited and nothing over Level 6 CL. Generally that is not common for her to make. But if you can find a magey sort and pay the fee to cast the needed spell we can see what can be done is any player a wizard?

Special materials again fine.

I'm waiting to hear from the GM about having a shop where she can have masterwork tools and a shrine to her god.

Chajesdad

Sorry all, busy day at work, seems a few questions have popped up. The beginning of the campaign will be a short venture local, followed by an extensive jaunt away from the holds, with a return for later storyline. Investing in a shop or personal forge and shrine would be a good idea and also help justify the double value provided with character gen. I intended the initial value, to have some portion able to be invested back into the community, such as a shop that your brother is watching while you are away, a boar training family, that your contribution to the family is the breeding program you and your wife/husband/shieldmate manage, significant other in charge when you are away on business ventures.

As for the question from Raven, there are a few times when a specialist of dark places may be useful, but there will be plenty of time surface and shallow depths. But once again, we are talking of an adventuring band strictly of dwarves, can you truly hold them to the surface?

Cryorage, I welcome thee to our wondrous and quickly growing group. We have not only the room for you, but much love to share with you among us.

TheRaven

The big reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a Ranger, and I'm trying to decide whether the Deep Walker archetype would be worth taking or whether I should stick to the more versatile (if less powerful) regular abilities.

Chajesdad

I can't say that we will be spending more time out in the open than in the dark, but there will be plenty of time for both. As for tunnel ranger idea versus a more generalized version, I believe that both character concepts will have plenty of time to shine.

RubySlippers

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ingra Toragchilder

Female Dwarf
6th Level Cleric [Torag]
Lawful Neutral

Ability Scores
Strength 12  [+1]
Dexterity 12  [+1]
Constitution 16  [+3]
Intelligence 14  [+2]
Wisdom 18  [+4]
Charisma 11  [+0]

Racial Traits
* change from base template

Craftsman*
Defensive Training
Hardy
Stability
Stonecunning
Darkvision [60 ft.]
Hatred
Weapon Familiarity

Cleric Abilities
Archetye: Forgemaster

Domain: Artifice
Steel Spells
Divine Smith (Su)
Runeforger 5x/Day (Su)
Glowglyph, Return, Thief-Curse and Tracer Runes
Master Smith (Ex)

Feats
1st Level  Additional Traits
3rd Level  Improved Initiative
Archetype Class Bonus 3rd Level  Craft Magic Arms and Armor
6th Level  Ironhide

Traits
Birthmark [faith trait]
Inner Beauty [religion trait]
Reactionary [combat trait]
Ruthless [racial trait - dwarf]

Skills
Base 2 + Int 2 + Favored Class 1 = 5 Skill Ranks per Level

Appraise (Int)  2 ranks + Int 2  [+7]
Craft armor (Int)  6 ranks + Int 2 + Craftsman 2  [+13]
Craft weapons (Int)  6 ranks + Int 2 + Craftsman 2  [+13]
Diplomacy (Cha)  1 rank + Cha 0  [+4]
Heal (Wis)  6 ranks + Wis 4  [+10]
Linguistics (Int)  1 rank + Int 2  [+6]
Knowledge religion (Int) 2 ranks + Int 2  [+7]
Profession forgemaster (Int)  2 ranks + Wis 4 + Craftsman 2  [+11]
Sense Motive (Wis)  2 ranks + Wis 4  [+9]
Spellcraft (Int) 1 Rank + Int 2  [+6]

Intitiative:  [+7]

Base Attack Bonus:  [+4]
Melee BAB:  [+5]
Ranged BAB:  [+5]
Weapons:
- Warhammer  Grundzamish, in the common tongue of men Hammertime
Attack Bonus  [+7]
Damage  [1d8+3]
Critical  [x3/20]
Weight  [5 lbs.]
Type  [Bludgeoning]
Special: Adamantin Core, Plated in Mithral, +2 Magic Bonus, Impervious
10,812 gp
- Light Crossbow
Attack Bonus  [+7]
Damage  [1d8]
Critical  [19-20/x2]
Range  [80 ft.]
Weight  [4 lbs.]
Type  [Piercing]
Special:  Masterwork
335 gp

Armor Class:  23
Base 10 + Armor 11 + Dex 1 + Feat 1 
Armor:
Full Plate 
Armor Bonus  [+11]
Maximum Dex Bonus  [+3]
Armor Check Penalty  [-3]
Arcane Spell Failure  [25%]
Speed  [20 ft.]
Weight  [25 lbs.]
Special:  Mithral, Magic Bonus +2
12,500 gp

Saves
Fortitude  [+6]
Reflex  [+3]
Will  [+9]

Clerical Spells
DC Modifier +4

0 Level: DC 14  (4):  Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic.
1st Level: DC 15  (4+1)  Animate Rope, Crafter's Fortune, Enhance Water,
2nd Level: DC 16  (4+1)  Heat Metal, Wood Shape,
3rd Level: DC 17  (3+1)  Repel Metal or Stone, Stone Shape

Wealth
8,453 gold
Property:

Other Magic Items

Blinkin

So, Ruby, What you're offering is a +2 Dwarven Double Bladed Waraxe (No special material) for 8,800 GP (Base price+donation of 10%)? I'm not sure I see the savings.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

I think she means material cost + 880

Tarkana Stone Skull   Fighter 1, Alchemist 5

Age      66
Alignment   Chaotic Good
Height      4’1” 
Weight      171

Skin:      Bronze
Hair:      Fiery
Eyes:      Green

Tarkana is a sturdy, chesty dwarf-maid with thick, fiery hair.  She divides it into three braids—one over each shoulder and an extra thick one in the back.  It’s questionable whether the mace heads in each braid are functional or not.  No one’s seen her use them and lived to tell the tale.   

Strength   14
Dexterity   13
Constitution   16
Intelligence   17   19 +4
Wisdom   12
Charisma   10

Hit Points:   63

Armor Class:   25   (+1 Full Plate +10   +1 Heavy Steel Shield +3   Dexterity +1   Natural +1)

Saving Throws: 
--Fortitude   6   +3   =d20+9
--Reflex   4   +1   =d20+5
--Will      1   +1   =d20+2

Base Attack Bonus   +4
--Melee   +6
--Missile   +5
--CMB      +6
--CMD      17

Weapons: 
Acid
--TAB      +6 Touch
--Damage   d6+4 Acid
--Range   20’
--Amo      3

Alchemist’s Fire
--TAB      +6 Touch
--Damage   d6+4 Fire, Repeat in one round. 
--Range   20’
--Amo      6

Bombs
--Attack Roll      d20+6 (Touch)
--Damage      3d6+4 (Fire)
--Splash Damage   7 in 5’ radius, reflex save DC 16 for 3. 
--Range      40
--Amo         9/Day

Crossbow, Heavy
--Attack Roll      d20+6
--damage      d10
--Critical      19X2
--Range      195’
--Amo, Masterwork   10
--Sun Rod Bolts   10

Dagger
--Damage      d4+2
--Critical      19X2
--Range      20’

Flail, Heavy, Masterwork
--Attack Roll      d20+7
--Damage Roll      d10+#
--Critical      19-20X2

Gauntlets
--Attack Roll      d20+6
--Damage      d3+2
--Critical      20X2

Lance on a charge: 
--Attack Roll      d20+8
--Damage      2d8+4
--Critical      20 for 4d8+12
--Reach      10’

Myth Ender (+2 War Axe)
--Attack Roll      d20+8
--Damage      d10+4
--Critical      20X3

Discoveries: 
--Lingering Spirit: 
--Spontaneous Healing:  Fast heal 5 2/day. 

Mutagen: +4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, +3 Natural Armor. 

Feats
Brew Potion
Iron Hide
Throw Anything
Toughness
Point Blank Shot
Far Shot

Skills:   
Appraise         1 +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+7 (+9)
Climb            1 +3   +2   +0   -4   =d20+2
Craft: Alchemy      6 +3   +3   +5   +5   =d20+22
Disable Device      6 +3   +1   +0   +2   =d20+12
Handle Animal      2 +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+5
Heal            6 +3   +1   +0   +2   =d20+12   Kit 10
*Knowledge: Arcana      6 +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+13
Knowledge: Dungeoneering   1 +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Knowledge: Nature      1 +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Intimidate         0 +0   +0   +0   =0   =d20+0
Perception         6 +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+10
Ride            6 +3   +1   +0   -4   =d20+6
Spellcraft         5 +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+12
Survival         1 +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+5

Traits: 
--Armor Expert
--Magical Knack: Alchemist

Magic
Infusions/Day (Caster Level 6)
L 2
1.   Defensive Shock
2.   False Life
3.   False Life

L 1
1.   Cure Light Wounds
2.   Cure Light Wounds
3.   Endure Elements
4.   Jump
5.   Keen Senses

Infusions Known:
L 1:  Ant Haul, Crafter’s Fortune, Cure Light Wounds, Endure Elements, Expeditious Retreat, Identify, Jump, Keen Senses, Long Shot, Shield, Touch of the Sea. 

L 2:  Ablative Barrier, Barkskin, Cure Moderate Wounds, Defensive Shock, False Life, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Restoriation: Lesser, Spider Climb

Stuff
Magic Items: 
Boro Bead X1
Cauldron of Brewing
Type 2 Bag of holding
Headband of Vast Intellect +2
Stubborn Nail

Gear:
Backpack, Masterwork
Crowbar
Explorer’s Outfit X3
Flint and Steel
Formula Book (Complete backup at home.) 
Sash, Adventure’s. 
Shovel
Silk Rope, 100’, and Grapple
Thief’s Tools, Masterwork
Whistle, Signal

Alchemical Coolness, some organized in a chest. 
Air Crystals X6
Alchemist’s Kindness X60
Antiplauge X6
Antitoxin X6
Bladegaurd X3
Blood Block X6
Body Balm X6
Healy Myrrh X6
Padzahr X3
Powder, Flash X6
Smelling Salts X3
Smoke Stick X3
Sooth Syrup x6
Sun Rod X15
Tanglefoot Bag X3
Tea, Night X15
Thunderstone X3
Tinder Twig X45
Troll Oil X6
Troll Styptic X3
Water Purification Sponge X3   1lbs X3

Potions: 
Cure Light Wounds L 1 X8
Defensive Shock L3 X2
Endure Elements X2
False Life L 3 X2
Restoration, Lesser L 3 X4
Shield L 1 X8
Spider Climb X2
Touch of the Sea X4
Monies
Small Locked coffer With 150 Platinum

Purse
Platinum   24
Gold      9
Silver      9
Copper      10

Frenzy
Advanced, War Trained Dire Boar
Large Animal

Strength   23   +6
Dexterity   14   +2
Constitution   21   +5
Intelligence   2   -4
Wisdom   17   +3
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points   59

Armor Class   24   (+2 Studded Leather Barding +5, Natural +8, Dexterity +2, Size -1)

Saving Throws: 
Fortitude   4 +5   =+9
Reflex      4 +2   =+6
Will      1 +3   =+4

Initiative: +2
Speed: 40
Special Defenses:  Ferocity

Base Attack:   +3
--Melee   +8
--CMB      +10
--CMD      22

Attacks: 
Gore
TAB      +8
Damage   2d6+9
Critical      20X2

Special: 
--Low Light Vision
--Scent

Feats: 
Endurance
Run
Toughness

Skills: 
Acrobatics   2   +3   +2   +0   =d20+7 (+11 Jump)
Perception   3   +3   +3   +3   =d20+12

Gear: 
--Exotic Military Saddle
--Saddlebags

History
   A splinter from the Sunstone Clan, the Stoneskulls long ago went from goat herding to breeding and training war bores.  Like the Sunstones and other surface clans, they also serve as the first line of defense against invasion from above, and they’ve developed small unit skirmishing tactics useful for charging giants with lances, then goring them, then breaking away before they can suffer too much retaliation. 

Tarkana is the eldest daughter in a big family.  Her grandparents are heads of the clan. 

Though a ferocious warrior—sometimes bordering on a berserker--what makes Tarkana truly dangerous is her mastery of Alchemy.  She tires to have potion available for any problem.  She’ll soften up dangerous foes with bombs before going in for the kill with her war axe, “Myth Ender,” which is said to have once been used in battle against an avatar of Gruumsh. 

Eleven years ago, during a brief but bloody conflict with a goblin nation called “The Goblin Fire War,” many dwarves were burned with alchemist’s fire by goblins who would not have otherwise been able to penetrate their defenses. 

In the final battle of the war, Tarkana was part of a flanking maneuver that got to the goblin’s main camp from behind and broke their army.  In the process, she found in the tent of one of their champions a cauldron, a bead, and a gnomish text on transcendental alchemy.  She petitioned the lord regent for permission to claim this loot for herself.  When her petition was granted, she devoured the knowledge within the book voraciously, thus becoming a skilled transcendental alchemist. 

Blinkin

You know, this whole trying to figure out the cost of making magical items is giving me a maor headache. Base Price, as described is the market price. As an example, a +1 weapon is 2,000 gp.

I've gone through the process to make magical weapons, and I'm more confused every time I try to figure it out, so I think I'll just go with a plain and simple Masterwork and call it done. That's as good as +1 magical and I KNOW how to figure out that price.

The best that I can figure out is that it's half of the base price for the material, plus the cost of the masterworked item, plus whatever the enchanter wants to charge... but I'm far, far from certain on this.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with a craft... if any at all... because nothing appeals to me as useful and if you can't use a skill, what's the point of putting points into it? IWhat I mean is that a craft skill in basket weaving is a craft skill, but it doens't have a lot of use in play and the skill points for a fighter are too rare to spend on things that's fluff. I've never really figured out why every class in the book has at least 4 skill points plus INT, and ighters have just 2 and INT isn't a stat that is strong in general for a man who needs to be able to stand up to things swinging weapons. *shrugs* I'm almost done with the character, except for equipment and the whole craft thing.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

The best that I can figure out is that it's half of the base price for the material, plus the cost of the masterworked item, plus whatever the enchanter wants to charge... but I'm far, far from certain on this.

Thta's it exactly, Blinkin.  (Oh, +1 gives a bonus to damage, masterwork does not.) 

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on February 22, 2013, 06:21:19 AM

Thta's it exactly, Blinkin.  (Oh, +1 gives a bonus to damage, masterwork does not.)

Ok, so.. doing it that way, without the fee of the caster..

+2 DDwarven Waraxe wuld be:
Cost for Masterwork: 310 gp (30 gp base cost+300 MW quality)
Cost for enchantment: 2,000 gp (4,000 gp/2)
Total cost: 2,310 gp

+3 MithralFull Plate:
Masterwork Cost: 3,800 GP (1,500 gp base cost, 3,000 gp for special material, 300 MW/3)0
Enchantment cost: 4,500 (9,000/2)
Total cost: 8,300 gp

That sound right?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on February 22, 2013, 04:39:32 AM
So, Ruby, What you're offering is a +2 Dwarven Double Bladed Waraxe (No special material) for 8,800 GP (Base price+donation of 10%)? I'm not sure I see the savings.

I was hoping noone would catch that.  ;D

Seriously though that would be 10% of the magical addition costs on her end only people. can't blame a gal dwarf for trying. So if the juju is 4000 gp divided by two for 2000 gp  plus 10% for the faith it would be 2200gp added to the base price.

Your still saving money at 1800 gp + cost of the item.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, if I got time I could roll some dwarven char to this game.....we have cleric, figther, ranger.....so a rogue maybe? Or sorcerer with somekind earth/underground related blood lineage (or wizard to create dwarven scholar guy).

Teo Torriatte

Hey guise, I would love to get in on this if there is still room.  :-)

Muse

+2 Dwarven War Axe (Market price: 8,310) 
--Donation 831
--Material Cost: 4104
Total:    4,935

The Mithral Full Plate will have to be +2, since that’s the biggest enchantment  you can make at sixth level:
+2 Mithral Full Plate (Market Price 14,500)
--Donation:   1,450
--Material Cost: 5,500
Total   ===6,950

Adds up to: 11,885

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Luna on February 22, 2013, 07:50:27 AM
Hey guise, I would love to get in on this if there is still room.  :-)

Well, I myself would not be against more dwarf ladies but up to GM :).

Blinkin

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 22, 2013, 07:14:13 AM
I was hoping noone would catch that.  ;D

Seriously though that would be 10% of the magical addition costs on her end only people. can't blame a gal dwarf for trying. So if the juju is 4000 gp divided by two for 2000 gp  plus 10% for the faith it would be 2200gp added to the base price.

Your still saving money at 1800 gp + cost of the item.

Oh no, can't blame anyone for making a fair profit. I never dispute that or begrudge that.

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TheRaven

Work in progress.

Rardek Deeptracker

So, in terms of his gear, his only enchanted gear that falls under Ingra's domain would be his longbow. Might drop the +2 onto my mithral chain shirt as well.

Blinkin

f
Quote from: Muse on February 22, 2013, 08:07:21 AM
+2 Dwarven War Axe (Market price: 8,310) 
--Donation 831
--Material Cost: 4104
Total:    4,935

The Mithral Full Plate will have to be +2, since that’s the biggest enchantment  you can make at sixth level:
+2 Mithral Full Plate (Market Price 14,500)
--Donation:   1,450
--Material Cost: 5,500
Total   ===6,950

Adds up to: 11,885

Thanks for the totals. All of this is giving me a major headache onto of a pulled back. whatever it is is what it is. It counts as part of Ruby's starting wealth, but counts as being spent by Belwar... so he's being a bit of a skinflint lol

If he made the actual weapons himself, that reduces the cost a bit because of the donations, but the overall cost wouldn't be much less... Belwar would be able to make the armor for a third of the non-magical cost... 7,5000 (6K for the mithral, 1,500 for the armor/3 is 2,500). That makes the enchanting a little less, I think.... but who knows. I'll just mark off whatever you say it cost Muse... this is why I HATE playing magic types at all. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

*offers a warm, wet towel for the pulled muscle* 

The equation for an armor is Bonus Squared X1,000

The equation for a weapon is Bonus Squared X2,000. 

So the market price of the enchantment of a +2 armor is 4,000, of a +2 weapon is 8,000. 

I included the cost for the masterwork items in those equations. 

Masterwork WAr Axe 310 (Base Cast 10, Masterwork component 300.)

Mithral Fu;l Plate 10,500:  (Full Plate 1,500.  Mithral component 9,000.  The mithral component includes the benefits of MAsterwork.) 

So, the divisor for mundane crafting is 1/3rd.  For magical crafting is 1/2. 

Does that help?

Chajesdad

With the addition of Luna and Zaer, that will fill our roster, as long as there is active interest. I want to control a bit the  number of people for this first venture into Elliquiyan managerial endeavors. So, yes, there is the canned role of rogue and arcanist  still available within the party. Though I am not pushing anyone in a given direction for character concept. Sometimes finding a way around a deficiency can be fun as well.

Chajesdad

I do have a new subject to breach here with this party. What type of game are we looking for, what kinds of situations  would you like to see, and what would you like to have incorporated into the game  that would be unique to Elliquiy that you  would not likely find on other sites, this last I would prefer to  discuss in Private Messages if  you will.

Teo Torriatte

Put me down for a magus.  :-)

I'll have to think more on my answer to that last post... although overall I would be ok with whatever everyone else wants to do. I'll get more specific later when I'm not ready to go to bed, heh.

I must say, though, that this looks like a really nice group and I look forward to playing with you all.

Blinkin

As I said, this is giving me a major headache and I'm not in the best of conditions... thanks for the wet towel BTW. :)

I'm currently sitting back on a heating pad, and it's helping... but I hate the spasms that run through my back if I move around much.

Anyway, here is a work in progress of Belwar Stonecrusher...

Name: Belweir RockCrusher      Player: Blinkin
Race: Dwarf            Sex: Male
Class: Fighter            Favored Class: Fighter
Level: 6      EXP:35,000       Next Level: 53,000
Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Description:
Belweir Stonehammer is fairly typical as dwarves go; a sizable nose, short and stocky body and the muscles that a lifetime of battle can provide. Long, braided dark brown hair flows over his head and merges with a lusterous beard that flows down below his belt. Thick eyebrows reside over bright, blue eyes that appear to miss little in the world. Most commonly seen in either working leather apron and clothe s or a full suit of Mithral armour and carrying a Dwarven waraxe in his large hands, he’s obviously not one to get on the wrong side of.

Personality:
Belweir is, in his own twisted way, a well meaning fellow. Slow to make friends, once you have made it to that status, you’ll never find a more loyal companion. Although perhaps overly fond of ale and fighting, he’s all business when it comes to adventuring; always ready to hit the road and see what’s over (or under) the next hill.

He is, usually, a gruff and stowic person, more likely to grumble and complain than offer serious conversation but none the less those who get under his shell may find that he can be a soft touch in many ways. Like all of his race, the inside is meant for personal moments, not general consumption. He will always act without regard to himself if confronted by giants, orcs or goblins as he has an intense hatred for all three races.

Background:
Belweir is, he’s fond of saying, 1,318 steps from the throne… and 6 inches. His smithy sits exactly that far from the throne and in a time that everyone seems to be excerting claims, he’s quite happy to be the oldest child of smithing parents; his father Quintan and his mother Stefany Stonecrusher.

The first thing he remembers from his childhood is the scent of hot metal and the sound of water boiling into steam as his parents worked at their forges; his presence never too far from their sight, although always far enough away to be out of the range of sparks and embers. So, when he came of age, it was only natural that he follow in his parent’s footsteps and when he became a Master Smith, he opened his own smithy and with the knack that he has with metal, makes a healthy, steady income from his business. Unlike his parents, who were armorer’s and weapon smiths (respectively), Belwier also works as a blacksmith for mmore mundane items that any fair sized city requires.

Within a few months of opening his smithy, he negociated a contract with the city guard and army to produce weapons, armor and a variety of other items on a regular basis; his mark can often be found on master-worked items and it’s given him a solid reputation. Whenever a customer needs something a bit stronger than his fine work, he has an understanding with a cleric nearby who’s been known to do some enchanting work.

Although little pleases Master Stonecrusher more than working his forge, he’s been known to venture out from time to time and pick up his waraxe, Cleaver, to put down some nasty critters that threaten the stability of his community. He has fond dreams of someday finding a lost dwarven city, or gong on a real adventure before settling down to have some dwarflings himself.

Ability Scores:
STR: 16 (+3)   Carry: Light: 76   Moderate: 153      Heavy: 230
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 15 +2(+)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 14 +2(
CHA:11 )0)

Saving Throws:         Vitals:
Fort: +7            HP: 58/58
Reflex: +4         Init: +6
Will: +4            Speed: 20”

Offense:            Defense:
Base Attack: +13/+8         AC: 26
Base Damage: +7            AC (Flatfooted): 24
Range: +10             AC(Touch) 15
CMB: 9            CMD: 11

Class Skills:
8 Climb (Str) (3+3+2)
13 Craft; Armorer (INT) (3+2+2+6)
13 Craft; blacksmith (INT) 3+2+2+6)
13 Craft; Weapon Smith (INT) (3+2+2+6)
3Handle Animal (CHA) (3)
3 Intimidate (CHA)
6 Knowledge; Dungeoneering (INT) (3+2+1)
6  Knowledge; Engineering (INT) (3+2+1)
9 Profession (Int) (3+2+4)
9 Perception (Wis) (3+2+4)
5 Ride (DEX) (3+2)
6 Survival (WIS) (3+2+1
6 Swim (Str) (3+3)

Languages: Common, Dwarven, orc, giant

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature, RT=Rogue Talent)

Weapon Focus; Waraxe, Dwarven Double (+1 to Attack)
CF-Weapon Specialization; WarAxe, Dwarven Double (+2 Damage)
Cf-Bravery (+2 will vs fear )
CF-Combat Reflexes (2 Extra AAO’s)
CF-Armor Training (+1 to AC, armor check and dex penalty)
   Power Attack (Trade -2 to attack for +4 to damage)
CF-Improved Initiative (+4 to Init)

Endurance (+4 to situational saves, may wear medium armor witout fatigue)
Cf-Weapon Training; axes (+1 att and damage an
CF-Mobility (+4 to AC vs AAO’s)

Racial/class traits
Defense Training: +4 dodge bonus to AC vs giant subtype.
Magic Resistance: Gains spell Resistance equal to 5+ level and a -2 on concentration when used for magic casting.
Stability: +4 bonus to CMD vs bull-run or trip while standing on the ground.
Craftmanship: +2 on all craft and Profession rolls related to metal or stone.
Stonecunning: +2 on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework such as traps or hidden doors in stone walls/floors when he passes within 10 ft. Does not have to be actively looking.
Darkvision; 60 ft
Hatred: +1 attack vs orc and goblin subtypes.
Weapon Familiarity: are proficient with all battle axes, heavy picks and war hammers. Treat any weapon with “Dwarven” in the name as a martial weapon.

Coin:
GP: 418
SP: 5
CP: 9

Equipment:
Home/workshop: 7,500 gp
+2 Dwarven Waraxe: 4,710 GP
Damage: 1D8/1D10, Crit: x3, Weight: 8 lbs
Crossbow, repeating Heavy (1 rd to replace magazine) (MW)  Cost: 438 gp
Damage: 1D8/1D10, Crit: 19-20 X2, Ammo: 5 bolts, Range: 120,  Weight: 12 lbs
+2 Mitheral Full Plate: 5,000 gp
AC: +9, Dex Max: +5, Check Penalty: -1 weight: 25 lbs
amulet of natural armor +1: 2,000
Bag of Holding, Type I: 2,500, 15 lbs ( Max cap: 250 lbs, 30 cft)
Caver’s Hammock: 1,100, 1 lbs
Potion of cure light wounds(10): 500 gp, 1lbs
Ring of Protection +1: 2000
Ring of sustenance:  2500 (doesn’t need food or water, only 2 hr sleep)
Rope of Climbing: 3,000, 2 lbs
Adventure’s Sash: 25, 3 lbs
Backpack, Masterwork: 50, 2 lbs (use 1 pt str more for encumberance calculation)
Beltpouch: .5, 1lbs
Bedroll: .5, 5 lbs
Blanket, common(x2): .4, 2 lbs
Blanket, winter(x2): .5, 5lbs
Climbing kit: 80, 5 lbs
Bolts, repeating case (4): 4, 4 lbs (20 total)
Flint/Steel: 1, neg
Kit, cooking: 1gp, 2 lbs

Outfit, Artisan: 0, 1 lbs
Outfit, cold Weather: 8, 7 lbs (+5 to Fort vs cold weather)
Outfit, Explorer’s Outfit: 1, 1lbs
Outfit, Hot Weather: 8, 4 lbs (+2 to Fort vs heat weather)
Rations, 7 days: 3.5, 3.5 lbs
String, 50ft: .01, .5 lbs
Tools, Masterwork (Armorer): 55, 5 lbs (+2 bonus to craft skill)
Tools, Masterwork (Blacksmith): 55, 5 lbs +2 bonus to craft skill)
Tools, Masterwork (Weaponsmith): 55, 5 lbs +2 bonus to craft skill)
Waterskin, 1 gal: 1, 4 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

I'm going with just two magic items her armor and adamentium core and mithral plated warhammer called - Hammertime.

Just so I can go into battle and say: ITS HAMMERTIME!  :D

Seriously on the donation it will be just on the magic costs not the base cost that wouldn't be fair.

What more does a dwarf need armor and a kick butt cool weapon? Anyone just need mundane masterwork weapons let me know I can whip those out in no time and the costs really would be half plus the donation.

Blinkin

I played a dwarf once with a battle axe he called Cleaver. He would yell, "Meet Cleaver!" whenever he hit something.

As for masterwork... I'll do it for anyone without the donation. ;) Just the cost of materials.

I've decided to stick with the crafts that he started out with... there's probably plenty of work for two smiths... he just doesn't do magical weapons/armor... As background, he has a contract with the crown to produce arms and armor for the city guard/milia and some other work on the side too... Maybe a blacksmithing craft as well... Oh, those points are going fast!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

cryorage

so ive come up with a few ideas/concepts that ide figure ide run buy everyone.

1st a berzerker based on warhammres slayer would duel weild axes and would literaly be a buzzsaw of death just no clue how to work that save barbarian and i cant recall off hand if their still illiterate which would be annoying.

2nd would be a dwarven ranger who wants to be a giant slayer.  figure it has amusing rp potential.

3rd a Magus with the fighter mage mix it would fit a dwarf rather well they always seem more fighter than anything.  and with the amount of people we have nothin wrong with doubling up.

and finaly the divine version of a magus forget the class name but figure it works better than a paladin or cleric for me and would be interesting
The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…

~Dinobot

Muse

I'm not familiar with the divine version of the magus you mentioned. 

Luna was talking to me about playing a magus.  (Near as i can tell a group can handle two magi.  :) )

Hm...  Dual axe battleranger...  Sounds like fun. 

Have you seen the dwarf specific paladin?  They're pretty bad ass.  http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/dwarf/stonelord-paladin-dwarf

Raven is playing a ranger (likewise nothing wrong with two rangers.) 

I'll look around the SRD for something that mgiht help with the barbarian concept. 

cryorage

ah its the inquisitor and looked it up again not quite what i wanted so ignore the divine magus thing.  not gonna work.

~Dinobot

hippyness

Is there still an opening? I know someone asked a few post back but they could have been player 8 of 8. If there is an opening, is there a role not being filled currently?
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Blinkin

Ok, probably a dumb question... but do we need to equip a shop/business with the funds provided?

I have no idea what a smithy would actually need beyond a forge and metal stock to work with...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

55 GP for masterwork artisan's tools for a specific craft.  (Those give +2, normal artisan's tools just cost 5.)

Blinkin

Have those, 1 for armorer, one for weapon smithing and one for simple blacksmithing... as they don't seem to be able to be used for cross purposes.. which makes no sense to me, but... lol

Ok, so a forge (Where in hades do I find that! Some metal stock and probably a couple of water barrels? Wood or coal for the fire? Or, am I getting too detailed?

I think that I have everything except for a little equipment, but before I buy anything, I want to know if I need to make a heavy investiment in a smithy.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

I plan to just drop 4000 go for a modest comfy cottage like place, a small shrine to Torag, a workshop with masterwork tools and display area for her armor and weapons so I get the +2 bonus no use making this complicated. A proper little place to call home.

Chajesdad

You can work it out how you want to, but most just say, I put "x" much aside for the lifestyle I have, house, cattle, mobility, shop, wife, kids, you have to remember, that you also have stock value for whatever your little smithy keeps onhand. For example several swords of varying style, several axes and hammers, several shields, a readily modifiable suit of splintmail, chain hoods, bin of nails, rivets, ladles, pots, kettles, spit forks, iron spit rods, horseshoes, brass tacks. As a blacksmith, armorsmith and weaponsmith, it is doubtful that you would have nothing but raw ore immediately available. As an accomplished craftsman, you would have had plenty of offers for marriage as well.

Blinkin

Marriage?! Egads! Need to get out of town in a hurry! lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Teo Torriatte

Net was having fits today and now I gotta leave for work, but I will try to get my charrie out some time tomorrow.

I think I might make her some kind of jeweler, magic and otherwise, if no one else is taking anything like that?

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, dwarves are more attracted to succesful craftsmen/professionals than to looks or muscles etc. Also to people who contribute heck a lot to the community (or have some respected humble jobs like teachers). Overall 'solid career choices' is the term. If your good and respected then even better.

Anyways here is my charsheet. Durim Stonebrew, a 6th level sorcerer who has brew potion feat (so anyone who wants any following spells into potions; mage armor, shield, crafter's fortune, ant haul or heroism, he can give nice discount). But catch is this; all his potions are actually 'ale' than mixed with traditional water. He can pull off craft +18 modifier (self-boosting) for alchemy check to make brews. Plus his brews which are toxic (as all alcohol is) has higher save DC than normal so you get more stoned easier as a dwarf (and thanks Polypurpose Panacea his brews can have minor bonuses which are nice).

Also he is middle aged 130 year old dwarf gentleman. Not young stud but not old yet (his hair is gold/blond still than white/gray). Most money sinked to expensive robes and minor staff which allows him fire magic missiles or have shield spells regularly cast :P. But mostly he is potion maker and able summon nice small elementals (and conjure up illussion). Oh, also do acid spells which hurt a damn a lot. 7,000gp went to brewery and nice lavish home with well stocked library. 1,000gp saved for anything what he needs craft or buy for the trip.

Luna: Your dwarf could had married mine and she runs a fine tavern/inn which is always well stocked with brew potion created ale ;). Just a suggestion. But jewelry or being even architect/engineer is also good. I did not quite come as scholar as I planned (picked Lorekeeper trait though so can roll +4 mod history check regarding dwarves).

Muse

Zaer, I didnt' bother to make any Crafter's Fortune's potions myself because of the level you'd need to make them at the last through a whole work day. 

Zaer Darkwail

The potion has duration '2 hours/CL or until discharge'. Discharge in this case means when you start actual crafting and I am sure the +5 bonus applies even long term projects (so long you do not quit doing it although sleeping and breaks are allowed). Only difference is probably adventuring would break the bonus. Anyways even so I can do them extended so they last 24 hours.

Muse

Makes sense.  I should probably make some then.  :)

RubySlippers

Torag makes that spell available to my character. And what skilled profession I just can crank out masterwork armor and swords, and enchant them with my eyes closed with all bonuses added in magic and items a +20 bonus on the roll. She is nothing special.

Zaer Darkwail

Nothing special? For a sixth level char to get +20 on any skill roll should be at least famed in region :P. I myself can scrub +20 only by using spell on myself and having masterwork quality tools for alchemy (which is probably main skill roll determine quality of alcohol while profession measures how much wealth I get and how well I sell overall). Sad could not get diplomacy and sense motive to class skill list but you can always invest ranks into them.

Teo Torriatte

I do appreciate the offer, Zaer, but I don't really see her as the type to hang around and run a tavern... I'm going with my jeweler idea. She can craft wondrous items and would be more than willing to have made items for anyone who wants her to. Here is what I have for her so far.

Hildegard
magus-6

Strength 16
Dexterity 12
Constitution 14 +2 =16
Intelligence 16 +1 =17
Wisdom   8 +2 =10
Charisma 10 -2 =8

Traits
as per standard Dwarf, except-
Craftsman instead of Greed
Giant Hunter instead of Hatred

Skills
Climb (6 ranks)
Craft(jewelry) (6 ranks)
Knowledge(arcana) (6 ranks)
Knowledge(dungeoneering) (6 ranks)
Spellcraft (6 ranks)

Feats
Combat Casting
Craft Wondrous Item
Extra Arcane Pool

Class abilities
Arcane pool
Cantrips
Spell combat
Spellstrike
Magus arcana- Arcane Accuracy
Spell recall
Bonus feat- Weapon Focus(dwarven waraxe)
Magus arcana- Bounding Step

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, was just random suggestion idea :). Anyways curious see how party forms up and rolls. I assume some RP and adventuring is done back in home also besides than always in underground or in surface? Could RP bit varied influences what we have in community as whole.

Blinkin

Hmmm... 2 people who can craft magical items in one party... I'm really beginning to wonder why I should bother with being a simple craftsman with a city that's so rich with magical producers. The way it's put forth, Ruby can just toss produce a dozen items a day and Luna's not going to be far behind that... Little old Belweir is stuck doing masterwork items at a rate of 1 every few days... plus whatever his apprentices produce. *sighs* Life just ain't fair. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Not quite I can make an item masterwork or not in half the gp cost time so if the sword is 315 gp and masterwork she counts it as a 157.5 gp item. But regular weapons are a lot easier and faster. I didn't take blacksmithing though that is beneaths my characters interest so they need someone to make nails and the pots and pans. :D

Teo Torriatte

Hildegard is more of a jeweler who happens to have the magical talent to make some of her work magical. It is still pretty expensive to do so, so I imagine she still takes pride in her non magical jewelry as well and focuses just as much on that aspect of her crafting.  She just wants people to look pretty.  :-)

Blinkin

Hey! Without blacksmiths, the dwarven world wouldn't exist... someone has to make those nails, hinges, plows, anvils, shovels, pitchforks, yokes, wagon wheels, metal parts for bits and bridles and saddles, pots, pans, mugs and plates that all you big muckimucks need for day to day life... In some cultures, it's the blacksmith that was the focus of a community. ;)

I've always figured that smiths were a dime a dozen in dwarven communities, but as the description suggested that there wasn't a lot of trade outside of the city, that gave me the idea that trade goods would be limited in production... and not everyone can afford those big ticket magical things... there's stil a nitch... and don't ask me to make you another anvil for that distane. lol

Hmmm... magical jewelry? How much can you save me on a ring of protection +1 and a broach of natural armor? :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Well its not like she makes oogles of common items she is a cleric first and foremost, most items she makes would be for dwarven champions most likely but she likely would toss out the odd masterwork item to when the mood struck her.

Muse

:P 

No one makes multiple magic items a day.  And you can't make a magic sword or armor without a masterwork to enchant.  :) 

Besides, think how the poor brewmaster feels, this upstart girl half his age is better at him with alchemy.  ;) 

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Durim has magical brews (potions) for sale but their costs are hefty ones. Example communal ant haul keg would triple carry ability of a four workers for six hours. Depending what they carry and how fast it can boost production or complete work rapidly in any industry where carrying materials is involved.

Of course Durim can cast the spell itself on people but he has kegs for sale for those far away places. So likely Durim has deals and trading going on with folks outside the village and it gives him hefty buck of cash (the magical brews that is). He daily runs brewery functions and seasonally tries always improve and develop new brews and alcohol to celebrate the dwarven pantheons (he has ongoing dealing with local churches to provide 'holy ale').

So he is not just casually making brews, he is full time brewmaster (and has the feat too). Also has dozen workers which he can boost their carry capacity help load carts or help mules drag enormous amount of barrels to taverns/inns in the city where we reside in (if we have more than just one tavern in community).

So we have magical crafters; one doing weapons and armor, jeweler and brewer. I myself would be interested on ring of protection as well (or ring of spell knowlegde).

Quote from: Muse on February 24, 2013, 11:45:04 AM
:P 

No one makes multiple magic items a day.  And you can't make a magic sword or armor without a masterwork to enchant.  :) 

Besides, think how the poor brewmaster feels, this upstart girl half his age is better at him with alchemy.  ;) 

Huh? How your better in alchemy than I? Also by how much? I have total +20 in craft alchemy checks (did not include masterwork item bonus nor +5 bonus from crafter's fortune).

RubySlippers

Your all special cases most of the time I figure she makes one magic weapon a year, think of her as a samauri swordsmith she would go to a master metalforger to make the metals for the sword then as a cleric bless it and do rites maybe even have the metal in the home of a great hero or heroine. Then at some point make the blade and spend many weeks polishing it and all to make it perfect then enchant it. Then the blade going to someone worthy. Same thing for armor.

You all had the brash commercial rush jobs by her standards.

Zaer Darkwail

Commercia rush jobs? People drink ale and ale empties overtime. A well crafted weapon lasts generations. I am sure you would be busy crafting new legendary axe every tenday if warriors who use them happen drink or eat them :P.

RubySlippers

Well ale also leaves the body in a hurry to.  ;D

Muse

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 24, 2013, 11:49:36 AM
Huh? How your better in alchemy than I? Also by how much? I have total +20 in craft alchemy checks (did not include masterwork item bonus nor +5 bonus from crafter's fortune).

Oh... 

Wow, okay.  I'm an ALCHEMIST and I only have +17 before enhancement bonus!  (22 after.  I thought your 20 included the Crafter's Fortune.) 

I don't think Crafter's Fortune spell stacks with my magic cauldron, or I'd combine them for +27.  ^_^;; 

On the other hand, I think with 5 levels in Alchemist I have the first level of accelerated alchemy. 

I saw the Brewmaster trait, it looks really cool.  :) 

Blinkin

With the way dwarves love their brews, you probably don't need outside trade, which the GM has implied is light at best. Still, supply and demand probably means that a 1 gallon keg of any potion would be so far out of the range of the average citizen that it would be hard pressed to sell to the king on a generous day... I mean, if a simple Cure Light Wound is 50 gp per vial... and a vial is about 2 ounces, that means 64 vials per gallon... lets be generous and say 4 ounces (Half a pint) per dose... 32X 50 is nearly 21,000 gold pieces for a keg. And, that's probably one of the cheaper ones to produce.

On the other hand, really, really good ale will go by the 50 gallon barrel like it was water and probably make a healthy profit as well. :)

How long, regularly does it take to get from 1st level to 6th, if you aren't constantly adventuring? I would think that the weapons and armor are more a commission job, and if it takes a few weeks to get a piece, that's a fair  job. As you said that you can't really do much more than straight pluses, I didn't bother to ask for anything more complicated than that. I admit that I would of loved an speed or keen enchantment, but I didn't think those were really an option for a cleric. *shrugs*

Anyway, it's all in fun. I have to poke at fellow players and Muse knows this all too well. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

I figure my character is supported by the community, she is a cleric and forger of masterful items so will go for a modest home and shrine and her workship to live in and assume she doesn't have to worry.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on February 24, 2013, 12:44:53 PM
Oh... 

Wow, okay.  I'm an ALCHEMIST and I only have +17 before enhancement bonus!  (22 after.  I thought your 20 included the Crafter's Fortune.) 

It is +20 with crafter's fortune. +13 is raw number with only brewmaster feat (not trait) in it. +2 from masterwork tools. +5 then from crafter's fortune.

Anyways yeah, magic ale is expensive and only done in special occassions. Example a dose of single pint which has Heroism in it costs a lot. But even 1st level spells can produce useful effects (one example made you treat deeply intoxicated for 1 hour, as if drinked 10 pints instead 1 pint).

Also communal ant haul could be put on single keg but it functions as the spell; what more drinks it, that more duration is split up between drinkers. Anyways the potions are 2 ounces because it's expected folks can drink many potions or easy to swallow to get full magic effect on them. I am sure you can make 1 keg of cure light wound which cures single invindual but said invindual must drink whole keg to get magic potion effect (at least full effect).

However main business is normal brews but he can make extra magic fancy kegs or sealed pints of finer/stronger stuff which has actual real magic woven in it (example king uncorking bottle to drink toasting drink before battle and get heroism buff on himself example).

Anyways I have trait which says each time I get alcohol I get +2 bonus on will saves vs mind affecting stuff :P.

Chajesdad

Ladies and Gentlemen, I must advise that I am in a bit of a bind. My father is currently in the hospital having suffered a coronary blockage. I will be a bit more sporadic in posting, I have family and other concerns, when I am ready to pick up the game and start I will provide us a venue, and starting information. Please continue to converse and build back story. There are approximately 3,000 dwarves in this community.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I think we all understand that RL comes first and more so when your close relative is in sudden hospital trip :(. I hope things turn out okay.

We will continue linger and mingle in here and chat :).

Chajesdad

Ok, setting up a thread for us to move this to. Let me open the initial invite, and I will post the thread here. Role Call, let me know if I have not lost you with the unexpected and extended absence, Please.

Blinkin

"Belweir Stonecrusher reporting in." as he dust off his armor and begins to oil thebuckles.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

TheRaven

Teo Torriatte

Chajesdad