Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, January 30, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female.

Orenji

Alright, I'll bite, this seems interesting enough...

Opening my satchel, I pull out my papers and hand them to the city guard. Without batting an eye, the heavily armored guard lets me past, and why would he stop me? To him, I'm just Nash Bramblewood, a young, bright eyed wizard hoping to go out and see the world, with my spellbook in my satchel and my component pouch under my robes.

In truth, I'm Cefrey Orien, a changeling and a mystic, and although I kept my mother's name, I'm actually the daughter of Lance Brightwood, a prominent member of The Mystic Order of the White Lotus that opposes King Myraz with its branch here within Tarnegar. While I can cast a few spells using my psionic energy, I can pass off my psionic powers as spells as well, even trained wizards think they're merely a few crude, self crafted spells and think nothing of it.

With this alter-ego well established and everything I need in my satchel and the extra-dimensional pocket floating invisibly besides me, I step out of the city gates and head towards the caravan I've arranged to travel with on the first leg of my long journey towards Dragonblight....

Feel free to jump in here if anyone else wants to join the party ^^

Lady Jenn

I was going to start a thread eventually, this is just for OOC chat/recruiting. Just didn't want to start the RP till I knew anyone wanted to join it lol

Orenji

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. Well then, I guess count me in, and while it may not be my character who's father is the one going against the king, I'll still be using this character.

Lady Jenn

I'm happy to have just us two in the RP, how long do you want to give it before we go "Well, no-one else is coming, let's just start"?

Orenji

I don't mind just going for it and letting anyone jump in when they feel like it, with your supervision of course, don't want them coming in with a character or introduction with no warning.

Lady Jenn

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282458.0 here's the thread, do you mind them meeting in the blacksmiths? there is a reason I promise lol

Orenji

Sure, I don't mind. Should I just jump in here, right after your first post? And is Vennar the one who's father sent them to contact Stormrider, or should my character still take on that role? Also, sorry, I didn't notice that you said "but your character is human" until just now lol, I don't mind being a companion to the human sent to find Stormrider, but I'd still like to keep my character as a changeling.

Oh, and I think you should edit your first post so it starts with a link back here for anyone interested in joining, if you'd like to keep the OOC discussion here.

Lady Jenn

Vennar  actually the one who would ordinarily be doing the sending out, but unless you fancy being a one person party (plus NPCs) until the allies start appearing I'm happy to have him join you on this quest instead, it's up to you.

Orenji

K, then for now, I think I'll be on my own, I think he'd be better suited as a contact inside the city, plus it'll give you a chance to switch things up more with the other NPCs along the way. Anyway, I'll jump over to the other thread now, and we'll see how things go from there.

Lady Jenn

Just to check, you do know Carolina was telling you to go outside so she could speak to Vennar right? I might just be reading your post wrong of course lol

Orenji

...wow, I have no idea how I misread that so badly, sorry. I can't edit or delete my post but I'll post another reply to replace it. Is Carolina meant to go with me or is she just supposed to get me out of the city? It's honestly kinda hard to RP when I don't know what the actual plan is here. I'd think my character should at least have a general idea what it is before getting into all this.

Lady Jenn

Don't worry, Carolina is about to explain, prepare yourself for a long-ass post from me XD

Orenji

Alright, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

Lady Jenn

I always have plans...even if they're sometimes weird and over complicated lol

Pdriggy

I was thinking of jumping in with a charming drunken bard type character who used to be a fighter until the drink took him, currently he is lost in the woods being chased by some nearby wolves.

Interested to have me involved a little, I am in Ireland so I may end up posting at different hours. If that would upset play let me know. :-)

P.S. waiting to be approved so have to check often to see any updates.

Lady Jenn

If we can figure a way to get you in I'd be up for it, what do you think Orenji?

Pdriggy

I warn you that I would bring a sense comedy and this could ruin the mood if you are going for intense two characters scenes.
He has the capacity for seriousness of course but I wouldn't want to set the wrong tone at the wrong time.

Orenji

Well, I invited him, so of course I'm down. If you want to introduce your character comedically, you should probably wait until the current scene wraps up and lord bane introduces you.

Pdriggy

Sure, his name is Barty the Loud, used to be Bartleby the Brave, but alas a habit of singing songs and telling stories after adventures moved him from cavalier adventurer to sozzled drunk. Now he earns his trade entertaining while still believing that one day he will straighten up and get back into the old trade. He looks older than he is and the rugged demeanor shows a handsome face with a merry if not cheeky twinkle in his eye.

His current run of bad luck has him wandering lost after a night of drinking and confused in a strange forest. He has a travel pack with him, his sword, walking staff and some fruit that went off that still has him mildly drunk.

Lady Jenn

I have an idea, soon they're going to be visiting about the only non-elf who lives in the forest, if we can't find a way before they could meet then.

Orenji

Lady Jenn

I'm going to random quote World of Warcraft and say "You are not prepared!" (I don't know why that's relevant to this thread lol)

Lady Jenn

Pdriggy, you have a way in to the story, should you choose to accept it

(random pop culture references ftw XD )

Orenji

Mind editing your last post Lord Bane? Cefrey wouldn't have introduced herself to Ariadne by name, one of her quirks as a mystic is to never reveal her true name to anyone that doesn't already know it. She will always use an alias, and if I haven't given you a name for her current form, you're more than welcome to come up with one yourself and I'll go with it.

Her other quirk is to never sleep and to never eat or drink anything, which she doesn't need to do because of her Adaptive Body powers. She won't ever go against either of these quirks, and if she's forced to, she'll get REALLY irritated and thrown off her game, so keep that in mind please.

Pdriggy

Added in now. :-)

Hope I can keep up with you both, my window for posting is slim with the time difference methinks.

Lady Jenn

Well we can always do a posting order, maybe me first...you and Orenji can decide between two and three, I don't mind either way

Orenji

I don't mind going last if you want, tho I think we should go with the rule that anyone can skip their turn with a "pass" or skip a story segment till needed with a "skip."

What do you guys think? And did you see my last post on here about my quirks lord bane?

Pdriggy

If my character isn't too needed at times and enough time has passed (cos I am in work, bed or sorting the kids out), then feel free to give me a skip.

First time on these forums and need to see how well my time schedule fits. I can post in my morning (your middle of the night) and my late evening (your time about 3pm to 6pm).
I am guessing your are both in North America somewhere.

I will be checking regular and will post as best I can. :-)

Lady Jenn

Will do, also Pdriggy, they're still in the forest, they just happen to be in a bit of an island in the middle of the forest. Like...this forest is HUGE XD

And I'm cool with Orenji's suggestion

Pdriggy

Forest being huge is fine, this is the first sign of civilization for him so he is climbing on that life raft!

Lady Jenn

Ah, okay. Be glad Ariadne is too distracted to shoot first, ask questions later lol

Pdriggy

He is an expert in the 'clearly no threat' look!

Orenji

Quote from: Orenji on February 06, 2018, 03:13:44 PM
Mind editing your last post Lord Bane? Cefrey wouldn't have introduced herself to Ariadne by name, one of her quirks as a mystic is to never reveal her true name to anyone that doesn't already know it. She will always use an alias, and if I haven't given you a name for her current form, you're more than welcome to come up with one yourself and I'll go with it.

Her other quirk is to never sleep and to never eat or drink anything, which she doesn't need to do because of her Adaptive Body powers. She won't ever go against either of these quirks, and if she's forced to, she'll get REALLY irritated and thrown off her game, so keep that in mind please.

Still no confirmation that you read it, so I'm just going to quote myself here Lord Bane.

Also, I'm on Pacific Time (UTC-8) Pdriggy, but I'm not on a fixed schedule at the moment so don't worry too much about me.

Lady Jenn

I'm sure I did change it, I took her name out and just referred to her as a friend...I'll go back and double check

Orenji

Quote from: Lord Bane on February 06, 2018, 05:03:58 PM
I'm sure I did change it, I took her name out and just referred to her as a friend...I'll go back and double check

Okay, thanks! I didn't check the main thread yet cuz it didn't pop up under my Updated Topics page, I guess edits don't trigger that.

Lady Jenn

Ah, no, it would have to be an entirely new post to appear

Lady Jenn

I like the idea Laeran hasn't realised Pdriggy is actually nothing to do with the other two :P

Pdriggy

As much of an ass-hat as Barty may appear, he does have high social skills to help him see where any conversation might take him and what info he can sponge before he is caught. haha

Pdriggy

Orenji,
He is preparing the pipe for later, not smoking it.

You need to get approved soon to be able to edit!
Fingers crossed for you.

Orenji

Quote from: Pdriggy on February 06, 2018, 07:25:28 PM
Orenji,
He is preparing the pipe for later, not smoking it.

You need to get approved soon to be able to edit!
Fingers crossed for you.

Sorry about that Pdriggy, I may not be able to edit yet, but I threw in a redaction. It didn't make much of a difference in the story, I just changed the first line so she'd move in anticipation of the smoke instead of because of it. Need to keep a closer eye on those details...

Orenji

Hey guys, the last two posts, Lord Bane addressed me and then Pdiggy addressed Lord Bane, and that kinda messes up the flow of the story. I left a pass so Lord Bane can address Pdiggy in return, but I think an additional rule we should use is that you can insert a response if you're addressed out of order, but you should never leave more than two posts before hearing from anyone so no one gets left behind. What do you two think?

Lady Jenn

Sounds good to me, I think it's not necessarily a problem unless there's two people speaking to the same character, I took Pdiggy as speaking to Ariadne rather than Laeran (or at least that since Laeran was busy the elf would answer the question herself if she knew the answer). If that makes sense to anyone other than me lol

Pdriggy

I thought it was clear when Barty was adderssing a particular person - he said old man etc.

The way I figure is that if one of our posts references the characters specifically managed by another writer then ideally they respond first, but the other can respond if they don't interrupt the scene too much. And of course don't post too much without the last person getting in a reply post.

Until gets chatting to the other two main characters it is hard to not direct the questions to Lord Bane for me. It'll iron out I'm sure.

Lady Jenn

Basically Ariadne is a pushy so and so who answered for him XD

Orenji

Yeah, that's what I was going for. It makes the conversation feel unnatural and like a juggling act when we have to respond out of order like that, sometimes having to respond to two different characters at once. It makes it seem like our characters are sitting there silent, just ignoring what the person said to them, especially when the story moves forward like how Laeran had that aside with Cefrey, but now he's already having a conversation with Ariadne after she interrupted Barty's question for him.

I assume you're waiting for me to jump back in Pdriggy, so I'll get back to it.

Lady Jenn

I feel like Cefrey and Ariadne are having a "Who's hiding the most" competition right now :P (also, just going to check, it is definitely Pdriggy next right?)

Orenji

Yeah, we should wait for him to get back. And yeah, tho Ariadne's not doing a very good job at hiding it lol, you'll be surprised by how much more Cefrey has hidden up her sleeves...

Lady Jenn

I dunno, the elf has a lot of skeletons in the closet, Cefrey might not be as clued in as to what's happening as she thinks lol

Pdriggy

Just some feedback, Cefrey has nodded twice now to a blind man. I expect it as a minor slip but if this was to be comedy it would be funny. :-)

Also I have not fully fleshed out the abilities of Barty yet as I was judging the power levels of the other, I'll come up with some ideas and items and post them here soon for sign off as a good fit.

Heading to bed now so next post is last for me today.

Lady Jenn

Don't worry, we'll all get a chance to show off...eventually ;)

Orenji

Quote from: Pdriggy on February 07, 2018, 05:55:57 PM
Just some feedback, Cefrey has nodded twice now to a blind man. I expect it as a minor slip but if this was to be comedy it would be funny. :-)

Also I have not fully fleshed out the abilities of Barty yet as I was judging the power levels of the other, I'll come up with some ideas and items and post them here soon for sign off as a good fit.

Heading to bed now so next post is last for me today.

...whoops, looks like I missed that line. Sorry for not noticing, but it didn't really come up after that.

If you want, you can take a look at the player's handbook for Dungeons and Dragon's 5th edition for inspiration. I based my character off of the extra, untested material they released about the Mystic, a class that uses psychic powers, and made a 3rd level Wu Jen, a subclass that dabbles in wizard spells, tho I made some tweaks cuz it's not built that well...

Lady Jenn

I could've made that post so much longer, but I didn't want to seem like I was pulling your characters around too much between your posts lol

Orenji

Thanks for being considerate, but you don't have to hold back if we miss anything. I'd rather just fix a mistake I've made before it goes on too long than find out late like this and have changed an important factor of any of the plot or your characters.

Lady Jenn

This is more so Pdriggy can properly introduce himself, cos once they enter the town logical moments for him to do so are gonna be thin on the ground. Plus I'm quite happy to change elements of plot, I'm not so fixated on this story as to be "HOW DARE YOU NOT ACT IN AN EXACT WAY YOU COULDN'T KNOW WITHOUT READING MY MIND!" XD

Orenji

lol, yeah but I appreciate when you go back and fix details about Cefrey's various identities, she doesn't reveal her true identity even to her closest, oldest friends if she can help it, and I think that's an important part of her character, and even if Ariadne managed to find out right away somehow, she'll still keep it hidden from others

Lady Jenn

You know that's gonna be his next question right lol? I think Ariadne's attitude is essentially "Laeran is lucky I like him, cos I would've got more pissed off with him otherwise"

Orenji

Hey, Lord Bane, can you specify some things for me I'd like to know before I write up my next post in the main thread?

Is the Dragonblight Kingdom cut off from human kind and/or other races? Are the dragons that make up the Dragonblight Kingdom full grown, monstrous dragons, humanoid dragons like D&D's dragonborn race, both, or something else? What percentage of people in Dragonblight are dragons? And are dragons normally hostile to humans and/or other races?

Lady Jenn

• Technically not cut off, but it is surrounded by walls large enough good luck getting past them even if you have a siege engine lying around somewhere.
  • They're a mix, everything from baby whelps, through teenagers to massive dragons, up to Stormrider who'd make anyone bar Deathwing from World of Warcraft look like a dwarf in comparison. Particularly skilled dragons can take on human forms though, which generally have some element of their human side which reflects how their dragon form looked. There are also Thunder Lizards...which I'm gonna leave as a surprise because you will meet one eventually...But essentially everyone in Dragonblight is a dragon of some form.
  • There was a time when dragons were friendly to other races (indeed Ariadne may or may not bring up the Dragon Wars, one of many times dragons joined the wars of other races on one side or the other), but when Myraz took the throne, and the artefact, he murdered the current Dragonlord's father, at which point the dragons retreated into the Blight, swearing to one day exact revenge. So, while they might not be OPENLY hostile, they aren't just going to bow to Cefrey and Ariadne and go "Sure, we'll help you" instantly.

I should point out, there's a lot Cefrey's city would've been unaware of, but I'm happy to leave it up to you how much of this is (or isn't) common knowledge to her.

Lady Jenn

I'll let Pdriggy reply next since you asked him a direct question...and my next post is gonna move us on a bit so would be silly for you to be waiting for an answer lol

Orenji

K, thanks for elaborating on the dragons btw, it helped a lot when deciding Cefrey's plan, since she'd have gathered as much information as she could before making the trip.

Lady Jenn

There's only so much anyone would know anyway, the dragons haven't really been seen south in about a century...like, only elves are as rarely seen as them in this world (well, other than the rangers anyway)

Pdriggy

Quick update, currently travelling, not much WiFi. Will update tomorrow, really liking the game. P :-)

Lady Jenn

Oh, it only gets more fun from here, wait till you see what awaits you at Dragonblight, there is a big surprise (in more than one sense of the word lol)

Pdriggy

Orenji,
Can I respond to the recent post ahead of you are a response to Teral?

Lady Jenn

Sorry, I did make that so you kind of HAVE to post next

Pdriggy

For the sake of time, I'll post now as it is getting towards being late now.

Sorry to tread on toes Orenji!

Orenji

Go ahead, don't worry about me, unless you guys start assuming my own character's actions, I'm fine if you skip me to keep your own conversations moving.

Lady Jenn

You can always reply after him, I only didn't have a direct comment to you cos I thought it'd look a bit too much like I was dragging Cefrey into the conversation

Lady Jenn

Orenji, do you want to explain the blade? That feels like a good moment for Jun/Cefrey to step in, also it'll mean it's not just Ariadne and Barty back and forth lol

Pdriggy

Orenji, you are a gent to let me jump in ahead. :-)

I tend to want to let your characters post more when it gets to the personal sentimental stuff so if that is going well, feel free to skip me as needed when it occurs. :-)

Just to add, the drama is intense and looking good, :-D  but from a character perspective Barty would be likely to leave at this stage. He is being massively disrespected from his perspective.

Lady Jenn

While pissing off Ariande...and the other guy is like "Guys, calm down for five minutes and I can fix this probably"

Lady Jenn

Saying that, I could do the explanation, between Toral and Ariadne it'd be a bit of an info dump reply though XD

Pdriggy

The fact that Ariadne is sort of leading the group (for GM purposes obvs) from his perspective but she is unwilling to answer him directly (or you are having others interrupt/speak for her) that is causing this to be worse.

Not sure of this is intentional, but he is literally challenging her to account for herself and everyone is saying 'oh she is a pretty flower, leave her alone' and also 'she is soooo tough, like waaaay tough, super tough, you just don't know'. He is calling her out, so exposition from her to him is best here in my opinion.

Pdriggy

Orenji,
Feel free to jump in here, you've not had a chance for a while.
Night time here, will update tomorrow. :-)

Orenji

Okay, so I have to say, I'm really not happy with how this is all playing out.

First of all, I already said that Cefrey made "another extradimensional space to hold the Dawnhammer Blade, hoping to stay a bit more inconspicuous." The blade is hidden away in this space precisely because Cefrey doesn't want to get caught up in other people's whims like this. Her preferred method is to pull it out when she herself feels the need to use it, whether in battle or when presenting it to someone to try to make them her ally. I'm not going to stop other characters from talking about it when they know about it, but please don't have them pointing at it like it's just sitting there out in the open for the whole world to see because it's not.

Secondly, I'm with Pdriggy on this, at this point, Cefrey doesn't want to stay with Ariadne at all, hell, I wouldn't want to stay with her. Not only does she act emotionally unstable, she talks down to us like we owe her something. Not only that, but any time we try to call her out on it, someone else steps in and says something along the lines of "you have no idea what she's been through, give her a chance," or "you don't have time to be arguing," or she just cries or gets angry and says we're wrong, and then they expect us to move on, but I don't think Cefrey or Barty are the type to accept that answer.

Thirdly, I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't have characters constantly tell us "you have no idea." At least in Cefrey's case, she isn't the type of person to miss out on any piece of information she can get her hands on, even if it means going to an underground information network and paying for it. Unless something is a personal secret, like what happened in Ariadne's past, there's going to be some information out there. For example, Teral just said, "I am a member of a race you would not know," but there's no way that the existence of an entire race is so well hidden that no one can get their hands on any information about it. Plus, it just sounds condescending to tell someone you just met that they don't know something.

Lastly, I get that you have a story all planned out, but it honestly just feels like we're on rails. I mean, there hasn't been a single major plot point decided by us players. First Cefrey was smuggled out of the city, blindly and to a location she didn't decide for herself, something she'd never agree to but I had to go along with it to get the story started. Then Ariadne shows up and, after seeing the blade, forcefully drags her off because it's dangerous. Then after camping out and rejecting Ariadne's advances and then getting yelled at for it, Ariadne leads her to get horses, where we met Barty. Then Ariadne leads them to the next town. And now, Ariadne, Paeter, and Teral are telling us the plan. We've had no chances to make plans of our own, and I know that Cefrey would never take that lying down. Making her own plans and then making back up plans for the worst possible scenario is kind of her MO.

Sorry for ranting like this, but I honestly don't feel like keeping this going if these issues aren't addressed. I'm going to respond to the main thread with Cefrey's response to the argument they're all having now, so please, give her a chance to respond to everyone because it's foot down time.

Lady Jenn

Pdriggy

Just my suggestion and I've been GMing for years. :-)
We need to turn the plot around and have the characters discuss ways forwards with the immediate challenge. Next place to go, who we may meet, etc.

Get some info to us about what we face and we can discuss in character the approach we want to take. Maybe do a scene where we assess what each member can bring to the situation to help get past it as a challenge.

Happy to discuss.

Orenji

Yeah, that's exactly what I intend to do here. I think Cefrey sees this group as a chaotic mess and has decided to take charge. Once all of their issues with each other are resolved or at least put aside well enough that they won't cause further interruption, she'll start delegating and coming up with a concrete plan based on the information they all share, including any information she could have picked up from the underground, which I will refer to you for, Lord Bane, when she does so you can decide how much she managed to learn as the GM.

Lady Jenn

Lady Jenn

Orenji

Well, I guess it would be Pdriggy. Since Cefrey's addressing both Barty and Toral, I need to hear a response from both of you before we move on tho so it doesn't really matter here.

Lady Jenn

I'm happy to post next if Pdriggy wants me to, I just didn't want to pre-empt his post

Orenji

Yeah, sure, I don't mind waiting.

Pdriggy

Go ahead LB, Rick the next post!

Lady Jenn

I'll let Pdriggy go next, think he deserves some input lol

Pdriggy

Hi team,
I left a short update, not feeling well tonight so gonna turn in early. Feel free to post away for a while and know that Barty is keenly listening to all and will respond a bit later :-)

Lady Jenn

I'm going to write Ari out of this, at this point I don't really see how she can rejoin the group or even that she'd want to

Pdriggy

It is possible to add her in after a while, she just needs to come in more humble as a character building arch with the whole debacle, maybe keep her as a supporting character until it works. As she is unstable to the other characters and too high and mighty, she needs to apologize and be more humble, this would show character progression and an evolution for the character. Is being in charge (and right in her own mind about how to do things) more important than being involved with the mission?

Have a think on it and we can bring her in if you think it will work.

Lady Jenn

I guess so,  I'll try and think of something

Orenji

Lord Bane, I'm going to make an exposition dump in the next post, so there's some things I'd like you to establish for me.

First off, I'd like you to tell me everything Cefrey knows about King Myraz and the dragonkin artifact. It doesn't have to be the full explanation or even be accurate, but I'd at least like an explanation of how he's a tyrant to his people, what makes the artifact so dangerous, and if he has any plans in place that we're trying to stop, what kind of time frame do we have.

For example, King Myraz is keeping the people under strict military rule, allowing the soldiers and guards to run rampant, beating, raping, and executing anyone they please. He does so because it's too much trouble to take care of his citizens or sort through new recruits as he builds up his army to start conquering the world. The artifact comes into all this as a tactical weapon capable of devastating an area of at least a couple hundred acres with an effect similar to a dragon's breath when fully charged that he plans to use on every kingdom before he sends in his army to take care of the rest. The artifact takes a year to fully charge, and we estimate that we have about 6 months before it is ready to be used against the neighboring human kingdom of Meltor.

Secondly, I'd like to know exactly what Cefrey's relationship is with Vennar. I assume they're just friends and comrades fighting together against Myraz, but if there's anything else you'd like to add onto it, now's the time.

Thirdly, I'd like to know everything that Cefrey could learn last night by investigating the town, buying maps, and paying the underground information network.

Additionally, I'm going to have Cefrey introduce herself, and she's going to ask Barty and Teral to introduce themselves as well. If you guys would like to get started on that now, just be sure to include your characters' major skill sets and preferred fighting style, since it's mostly to figure out how to delegate tasks and roles in a fight before they get into a pinch and it becomes a matter of life and death. Feel free to keep a few cards hidden though, I know my character will.

Lady Jenn

• As far as most people are aware Myraz is just exceptionally long-lived (bear in mind Myraz has had it since the last time the dragons came south...which was 150 years ago), he mostly keeps it under wraps for fear someone will murder him and take control of it. He's cut all contact with...well, the world beyond the forest at least because he fears Stormrider bringing an army south and simply burning him off the map, what the artefact does is essentially make the one who controls it...well, not immortal but as long as they're within it's vicinity essentially mortal weapons are useless against him. As for what he's got planned...no-one knows, beyond the fact Myraz is getting paranoid. SERIOUSLY paranoid. Like rounding up anyone he thinks is plotting against him. If you can think of a plan Cefrey either knows (or suspects) he has you're welcome to come up with one. Also, time frame is at least for now unclear, as pointed out by Paeter if Stormrider was about to march south you would know about it. But...let's just say consider the old saying "There's no smoke without fire".
  • Other than being friends? Vennar is essentially the head of the resistance (or what resistance there is) in the city, but as was probably not very well hinted at the beginning Vennar fears Myraz is coming for him and so in all likelihood by the time Cefrey comes back he'll be imprisoned or worse (not that he'd tell her because he feared she would try and protect him or force him to come with her).
  • There are likely to only be whispers, at least in part because scouting beyond the Badlands is...not impossible, but takes someone either incredibly brave (or supremely stupid). There are two things that would likely be discussed though: Rumours that there are elements of the Orcs who have turned against the ruler of the Badlands, which may or may not be because the warlord has formed an agreement of some description with Myraz. The other is that there are whispers that something is stirring in the north, but no-one is sure what. Most people wouldn't know what a Trollstorm was (it'd be kind of like someone discussing something with you in a foreign language and just assuming you'd know immediately) but even the hint the dragons might be up to something would get a lot of people talking about what they "know" is happening. Bear in mind most people's knowledge of anything north of the Orcs is either guesswork, conjecture or something their "friend" told them, but I'm sure Cefrey could separate the truth from the people who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them round the face. As I said with point 1 if you want to come up with something I've not mentioned you're welcome.

Lady Jenn

Also, I feel like clarifying, it's not so much the guy wasn't offended, he's caught between feeling honour-bound to help them since he comes from close to where they want to go and the feeling that simply letting Ariadne walk away is a mistake (but he doesn't want to risk Cefrey or Barty's wrath by pointing this out, or risk the Elf's wrath by trying to speak to her)

Lady Jenn

Are we waiting for Pdriggy to post? I was looking forward to the exposition dump (yes, I'm a very weird person in that situation lol)

Pdriggy

Lady Jenn

Pdriggy

Bit better thanks, I had a really nasty head cold and was sleeping loads, sore throat, head ache, fairly miserable. Your guys' posts were a welcome distraction :-)

Lady Jenn

Ugh, I spent about a month with some variation of that, you have my sympathy

Pdriggy

Thanks, I have heard other with the same cold as I have lasting weeks. Hoping I get over it soon!

Lady Jenn

where's healing magic when you need it? XD

Pdriggy

I just had a hot whiskey, that's all the magic I need haha

Lady Jenn

I just write weird novels instead :P

Pdriggy

Lady Jenn

my imagination goes off in weird directions at every available opportunity

Pdriggy

I GM a weekly game in person of Vampire the masquerade so I get that writing fix regularly. It's a highlight of the week.

Lady Jenn

Orenji

Sorry for the wait you guys. Once we get through any questions your characters might have after that speech, we'll move on to our introductions.

Lady Jenn

I could only think of one question which seemed like one he'd immediately ask...then just think "Nope, let's not ask that" lol

Orenji

Lady Jenn

I suppose technically it wasn't a question, just him asking if you had a plan for how to get to the dragons, then saying "Y'know what, ignore me, I'm sure you do"

Pdriggy

Who is next post? I've been dealing with getting gout over the past few weeks so want able to jump in.
PD

Lady Jenn

I'm pretty sure we're still waiting for Orenji's next post

Pdriggy

Cool,

Any time you are ready Orenji? :-)

Pdriggy

Orenji,
Are you still in for this story?
Padraig