Pineapple on Pizza?

Started by TerribleTira, March 05, 2018, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerribleTira

Yay, or nay?

Personally, i think it's ok with certain pairings of toppings. I find it goes good with ham. A ham and pineapple pizza. With other pizza things, not so much. I would even go so far as to omit the pepperoni.

Callie Del Noire

On occasion.

Depending on the franchise with the regatta sauce, I’ve had with ham and stuff like feta or hot sauce but you have to have something that compliments the taste like the right beer or drink

Deamonbane

Agreed. Depends on what it's paired with. I take after Wade Wilson in such matters:

https://youtu.be/c6tfcnA_XDU
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

RedRose

It's called Hawaiian in my country, but I have no idea where it comes from. It's not BAD, but yeah.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

DominantPoet

I'm one of those people who is strongly on the nay side of this *laughs* Some things just aren't meant to be on other things. Like ketchup on kraft dinner. Or BBQ sauce on ice cream.

PrestaDGTation

I LOVE pineapple on pizza!  A delicious mix!

Hawaiian Pizza is actually a Canadian invention, from what I've read. More to do with the travel-based PR at the time than any actual care for the culture. If you want to be authentic to Hawaii, I've heard putting kimchi on your pizza is closer to the mark.

Personally, I like it this way. The mix of fruit and meat is somehow ideal!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Oniya

Quote from: DominantPoet on March 05, 2018, 02:04:07 PM
I'm one of those people who is strongly on the nay side of this *laughs* Some things just aren't meant to be on other things. Like ketchup on kraft dinner. Or BBQ sauce on ice cream.

Tomato sauce, kraft dinner, and some ground beef, and you've got a good start on hamburger helper...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ziether

Pineapple makes it watery all too often. Drain it well, maybe. I'm just dubious, and there are so many superior toppings.

Like beef stroganoff.
Under Emergency Maintenance

DominantPoet

Quote from: Oniya on March 05, 2018, 02:30:33 PM
Tomato sauce, kraft dinner, and some ground beef, and you've got a good start on hamburger helper...

If I pass out from feeling nauseous, I'm blaming you :P  ;D

Sara Nilsson

Second best topping on pizza next to the superior choice of kebab pizza. Hawaiian pizza is a close second though if the pinapple isn't too water. Hate when it is fresh out of the can (lets face it its rarely fresh) and all watery making the pizza soggy, but otherwise.. fucking hell yes! Give me that pineapple pizza anyday!!

Eye of Horus

Ziether and Sara have hit the nail on the head with it sometimes making the pizza soggy...or of course it can go the other way and the pineapple chunks get dried out, which is just as unappetising.

I’ve had Hawaiian pizzas a few times but I usually picked the pineapples off and ate them separately, so I don’t know if that counts as liking it or not!

TerribleTira

damn, I wish my serious threads would get this many responses so quickly. LOL

Btw, whats a craft dinner? Is that like those instant macaroni things? Those are gross no matter what context you put it in, much less on pizza.

I've really only had pineapple pizza on a thin crust at a buffet. Yes... for those who don't know, pizza actually comes buffet. I'm a fat ass, don't judge.

But yeah, the pizza isn't soggy at all... if anything its usually a little dry. If memory serves, they do it up with bacon sprinkles. That's pretty damn good, too!

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 05, 2018, 09:45:22 AM
https://youtu.be/c6tfcnA_XDU

God, I HATE those t-shirts, btw. The overly ornate, tribal-esque douchebag attire. hahaha Betcha he drives a late-model mustang. XD

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: TerribleTira on March 05, 2018, 06:29:19 PM
damn, I wish my serious threads would get this many responses so quickly. LOL

We feel strongly about pineapple and pizza!

Wyldeviolet

I love me some pineapple on pizza ROFL. Never actually had an issue with it making the pizza soggy? Maybe it's just where I'm from and how they prepare it...
[/url][/center]

Lilias

Ham and pineapple go very well together. (It's no coincidence that, if you order a gammon steak, you can choose to have it topped with a fried egg or a grilled pineapple slice - at least in the UK.) I just don't care for them on pizza. Both are much more satisfying cold.

For the record, I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'wrong pizza topping combination'. I'm a total anarchist when it comes to pizza and sandwiches. Combine whatever the hell you like.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TerribleTira

Quote from: Lilias on March 06, 2018, 05:30:22 AM
Ham and pineapple go very well together. (It's no coincidence that, if you order a gammon steak, you can choose to have it topped with a fried egg or a grilled pineapple slice - at least in the UK.) I just don't care for them on pizza. Both are much more satisfying cold.

For the record, I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'wrong pizza topping combination'. I'm a total anarchist when it comes to pizza and sandwiches. Combine whatever the hell you like.

I put a fried egg on top of my pancakes

Deamonbane

I seen some chefs that I've worked with put baked polenta on an open-faced sandwich for a vegan option. It was pretty good.

Never tired egg on pancakes though.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

TerribleTira

What's polenta? I know a vegan or two, but I don't think I've ever heard of this. Also, on a side note... there is sucha thing as vegan pizza. The "cheese" doesn't smell or taste very good, imo

Oniya

Quote from: TerribleTira on March 06, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
What's polenta? I know a vegan or two, but I don't think I've ever heard of this. Also, on a side note... there is sucha thing as vegan pizza. The "cheese" doesn't smell or taste very good, imo

Polenta is cornmeal mush, generally fried until crispy on the outside, but the inside is still sort of 'melt-in-your-mouth'.  It's particularly good with maple syrup.  (And bacon - although that's not very vegan.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TerribleTira

It wouldn't surprise me if they make vegan bacon, already. LOL

Sara Nilsson

TerribleTira

that actually doesn't look bad. I have cooked with tofu before and kinda like it. I fry the crap out of it though, so it might circumvent the whole health aspect.

Oniya

There are vegan bacon bits - I don't find that they work well on anything but salads.

TheGlyphstone

Pineapple on pizza is heresy. I claim my Italian ancestry as authoritative proof that I am right.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
Pineapple on pizza is heresy. I claim my Italian ancestry as authoritative proof that I am right.

And what is wrong with heresy?!

naughty