Starship Im-Perv-ious [EX]

Started by Kate, February 04, 2010, 06:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

LOL...I actually had an idea of having the sword be secretly a large energy cannon...like it unfolds to become said weapon. xD

Stupid Idea I know. :P I'll find another sword...hmm...

How about this:

Kate

Wolf - cool we are making progress...

Still the concept of a space pirate having a thin or small concealable sword is having difficulties taking.
typical seats and life pods etc dont have room for things your suggesting.

Either do something like a traditional shortsword ...
http://wiki.cantr.net/images/4/42/Steel_short_sword.jpg
or modern one
http://www.bladegallery.com/pics/1807_1_n.jpg
or pair of futuristic flick swords ..
http://www.edmwi.com/shop/images/DSC07650.JPG

or ... a gun.

Wolfy

:P I like your futuristic Twin swords...lol

Sasha

Here is the character I am putting up for approval .

Name : Regina Mendez
Race : Human

Physical Characteristics :  5ft 7 , 130 lbs , 36b/26/36
Sexuality : bi-sexual , switch
Languages spoken : Spanish , English

Personality :  General remains quiet around those she does not know watching their actions more than listening to their words. Has a curiosity about things and loves to examine and take things apart to figure out how they work. Some what of a thrill seeker with freedom oriented mindset . Though has remained mostly a loner stepping up and doing the task asigned. Sometimes cracking jokes filled with sarcasm but rarely openly defies anyone she precieves in authority which has kept the girl alive this long.

Background : Life growing up was more of an orphan like state though she had parents they were just scientist that worked for the Blackwell Corporation. Much of her childhood was spent taking things apart and putting them back together as she just had an imquisitive mind about how things worked. However in her teenage years the girl was more a rebel and her own sexuality kicked in causing her parents to not know what to do with their wayward daughter. So when 15 she joined the militia through the refrom acedemy where she trained to become a field medic. Entering the space program then the girl was taught how to fly small shuttle craft for the medic ships were 3-4 man operations .

While on a larger transportation craft that was heading to another planet when she was 23 to set up operations for the med base. They were attacked by pirates. Since Regina had her medic gear in tow the girl soon found herself a captive and pulled alive onboard of the pirate ship. Forced to heal and work on serveal of the injuried pirates for next few years. Was rather difficult to not buy into their ideas with regards to freedom and  Regina soon earned the respect of many and joined the ranks.

Since joining up the girl has learned to be a jack of all trades really , fixing and tinkering with equipment ..geting old shuttles to the point they can fly again. Seemed all those years taking things apart were paying off.  Finally she managed to get a ship put together of her own which she uses as a small medic type facility and earns additional money more as a bounty hunter ...though not for the corporations but for the Freedom movement. Since her medic cover seems to work well and gains her acess to places that others can not.

Currently she is flying this ship and has been sent word of this abandoned space station that has her curiosity so even with a few current captives in the stasis chambers ..why not go check this place out. Since her partner in crime said she was bored anyways. The ship is able to handle up to 5-6 individuals. Has 4 stasis chambers on board a small medical facility nothing extremely elaborate..also a mixture of old and new technology that don't always work well together , shields go down , weapons don't always work ...though it is geared more for speed.

<partner in crime character to be posted by another I think >

Kate

Ok we are rapidly finding enough to role play soon (unfortunately two players have not yet been approved but the story can start while approval is still in the wind for a few characters)

One more character approved and we will be away ... however i will still leave it open for a while for others that want to join.

As far as the pirate "leader" is concerned you can either have none (ie all work on mutual agreement on spontaneous opportunities - or you can all elect one or I can role play one ...

the choice is all of yours ... those who speak first on the matter will have their opinion more noted than others (ie silence on the issue will be interpreted as "don't care").

One more day or so and I will post the starting scene.

Wolfy - if you do create a post that has all the suggestions I have noted and a little bit more about what your character does / is good at ... could be good enough to go.

Vandren

I'm thinking about some ideas here, so may be submitting a proposed character sometime today or this evening, depending on job related work.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Kate

Nim

As far as the pirate "leader" is concerned you can either have none (ie all work on mutual agreement on spontaneous opportunities - or you can all elect one or I can role play one ...

In most (if not all) stories I have ever been involved with that either includes some type of ship,  whether it be space fairing or out upon the open seas there has always been a Captain and Crew.

With that in mind I present a second character choice to play since I have not as yet heard anything about my doctor idea and it would seem like there is someone else that wants to play the part more than I. 

Name:  Tarsiis
Race:  Maku,  a race of humanoid beings that appear to be half human half reptilian.  Split length wise down the middle. 

Description:  Male.  6'10"  extremely muscular but surprisingly agile and very fast.  Human looking half/ Long silver hair with pale silvery hued skin, deep purple eye's (both halves of his face).  Reptilian looking half, left side of his body/ no hair, metallic purple scales.  left arm ending with a dragon like hand with extremely sharp long talons.  Left leg ending in dragon like foot with extremely sharp talons as well. 

Sexuality:  Heterosexual.

Background:  Taken from his home world as a young boy during a pirate raid passed from one ship to another over the years.  Has been with the current crew for several years.  Trained in hand to hand combat as well as swordsmanship.  By earning the respect of his crew mates and his loyalty to the Captain Tarsiis has worked his way up to being the Captain's Second mate. 

Weapons of choice:   Always carried and most often used hand laser gun  that looks like an old fashion dueling pistol that has been modified to also work as a light saber type sword.  Master of bladed weapons.  Swords and throwing weapons alike. 

Sasha

Oh Nim ...Regina is not really a doctor ....if your referring to me Hun ...she is more a medic type bandage ..similar to like a medic in the field . Ambulance Service ..I mean major surgery or anything like that she will not be able to perform .

I was not trying to be a doctor or take away from your prior character .

I was going more for a bounty hunter type ..space pirate that acts like a spy - gathering resources and that to bring back to aide the Freedom Movement. That can fit in easily and blend into the background , offering her services and gaining trusts ...then capturing said resource and bringing them into service for the other side against the big corporations .

More showing up at this station out of curiosity of what it could do ..wanting to tinker and figure things out some. Was all I really had in mind ..

I am sorry if I stepped on what you wanted to do.

Sasha

Nim

No worries Sasha you did not step on my toes.  I was thinking more of thevillian who has as his char: Name:  Dr. Leonard "Retro" Rems.  Besides with a story like this there are all kinds of possibilities for characters.  Thank you for your concern.  I look forward to writing with you.  (If I get accepted... LOL)

Take care you

~Nim~

kylie

( To go along with Regina, if this works out. )

Miki Kihara
5’3
Age 24
34-24-33

A rather aloof pirate by necessity, who has survived this far by making nigh-impossible calculations at just the right times.   

Miki is highly skilled at mathematics, up to quantum-scale probability.  While she does not process numbers with the speed of onboard computers, she is around twice as fast as the average trained engineer.  She doesn’t usually need a display for the calculations, and she can do intermediate-level formulas normally handled by a computer in her head.  (Things like where to stop a moving vessel in a busy sector for relative advantage, which direction is best to approach a field disturbance from, what are the odds at the rate a small battle is now progressing, what will a few machines working together likely produce, etc.).  Somewhat more advanced formulae can be done as well as most engineers.  All of this is only as good as the information she has about the situation in question, but assuming it is reasonably useful…   

Her output is not totally accurate unless she concentrates and slows down to a “good” engineer time.  Yet, in around 4/5 of cases, the fast work is  “good enough” for the scale of the problem.  Miki doesn’t actually understand how she does it, and she can’t seem to teach anyone else how she comes up with the answers as passably as she does.  She chalks it up to playing endless games of chance when she was little (and still enjoys winning many of those).  Some suspect that she has been implanted with a chip that does the work, and every so often someone has actually tried to knock her out and search for one.  Perhaps fortunately for herself, she doesn’t show any evidence of actually having such a valuable implant inside.

Miki and some friends amassed a small fortune from gambling chips before the Houses realized she was behind the scheme.  At that point, they sought to make an example of her.  She and the few others who escaped tossed most of what money they could convert into a leap into space.  It has been a couple years in deeper space now.  She has lost a couple friends to the dangers, and drifted into new companions and better craft.  She typically blusters or flaunts her way in, impresses people in a silly bet or two, then makes a place for herself as navigator, engineering help, and occasional advisor.         

Miki is often a mix of fire (reckless, bold, hysterical at times) and ice (quiet, calculating in empty tones, sometimes distant, even fatalistic).  She tends to stay aloof.  She is hard enough to read that it’s easy for others to shrug off when her words might otherwise disturb them.  She occasionally surprises people who challenge her by flirting or teasing audaciously, and sometimes by dishing out threats in creepy tones.  Her advantage is that sometimes, she doesn’t seem to care at all what happens.  Most people don’t want to risk finding out if that’s for real.  She has picked up some basic martial arts and weapons ability during her time in space.  But usually, the strong card is her predictions on the odds or simply her attitude.

Goss

Kate what are your thoughts on the use of NPCs? I've been planning my first few posts to take place on a pirate ship that would be described and played through by myself. The crew of that ship would also be played myself. The ship and the crew would just be used to establish where my character is at and why he escapes to enter the Im-Perv-ious. 

With that, I look forward to playing with everyone.   

Vandren

Sorry, I'm about halfway through a character.  Getting time to write didn't work out yesterday.  Hopefully that will change today, although it's not off to a great start in that regard.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Kate

Nim your character backgrounds are fine - your character is needs to have a decent photo or realistic pic to be approved however.

For those already approved please place and maintain your profiles here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=60628.0

wildstar

I'm interested in this storyline. what positions on the crew are open?

Nim

I am sorry Kate but with all due respect I feel my time would be much better spent writing on stories than going to paint shop pro and creating a character that can be described much more easily with words and in my opinion far better than with any picture.  After all the book is always much better than the movie.  Good luck with your story and have fun creating a moving tapestry with words.

~Nim~

Kate

TheVillain

Ah, Kate. Sorry it took so long to respond to your notes.

Let me say that I understand where you are coming from completely and for the most part agree with you. I just think you're reading too much into it.

Here's the points I'm going for.

1.) He'll be the engineer.
2.) While on paper he's with the company, he's on the ship because he pissed somebody off and is willing to change loyalties with the right incentive.
3.) In the bedroom, he's a bit of a dom.

That's it. Everything else is just fluff that might never come up, and the third point is iffy anyway.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kate

Then can you do the following

write a background that addresses points 1-3 without mentioning genetic engineering.

Say primarily he is a geek but he has a great sense of humor (that implies enough about him likely being very likeable to women is that ok ?) ... if you do this your approved

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Vandren

I swear I'll get a character wrapped up today.  He's 60% finished, just need to convert notes to paragraphs and give him a name.  The plan is a techie-type, most armoury and the like (small arms and personal armor, possibly vehicular as well).

Kate

Approved profiles (please add to here): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=60628.0

OOC thread and IC thread to come (tomorrow)

rancorius

Kate

KoH

Hey. Nice to meet you all, I'm new here... and... well.. I think I'd like to join.

Is it okay if I make a male character to go along on the same ship as Miki and Regina? I'll get my profile up asap.

This is my first RP on these boards, by the way, so, I hope it's a success. ^____^
O/O

I don't believe in fairy tales
Where no-one wants to go to hell
You made the wrong decision
And it's easy to see
Now if you wanna serve above
Or be a King below with us
You're welcome to the city
Where your future is set
FoREVeR

Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep