April 2OO9 :: Issue O7

Started by Elliquian Herald and Post, May 02, 2009, 03:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elliquian Herald and Post

Okay, so I lied... I didn't manage to get out this monthly highlights blog-post for the newspaper until a couple of weeks after I promised it. But, that's okay! Read on, and if you want more, look forward to May's release on the 15th!

The Elliquian Herald and Post is an entirely volunteer-run community newspaper, written by members of Elliquiy for members of Elliquiy. This newspaper strives to bring to everyone the small pieces of Elliquiy: the serious pieces, the fun pieces, the social pieces, and everything in between. Elliquiy is composed of many members from all over the world, from many different walks of life, from many different age groups; this newspaper is yet another outlet for creativity, a chance for members to have a voice.

And with no further ado... I bring you the highlights you can look forward to reading from April's issue!

Please remember that if you are NOT an approved member... most of these links won't get you anywhere.

In A Word From The Editor, Caeli waxes eloquent on volunteering, giving back to the community, and the meaning behind being a part of something. What have you contributed today?

Valerian delivers a serious piece about Elliquiy's rules in  Words From The Staff. You might think you know all the rules - but do you know the board-specific rules for the Introductions board, for Adult Socializing? She ends the article with a reminder about when you should report issues to Elliquiy's staff. It might not be a bad idea to review those rules again...

Greenthorn interviews three 'oldies' of Elliquiy in April's issue of the  Member Spotlight. Creeper, Strenoth, and Swedish Steel answer some questions. Learn more about them here!

The Golden Touch interviews Iressi for this month's Author of the Month. Iressi answers some questions about his roleplays and experience on Elliquiy, and gives some personal advice to both new members and old.

Did you notice that the front page underwent an overhaul? Well, if you didn't, you probably didn't notice some of the changes that have been made to it. Caeli details the differences in The Wheres and Hows of Elliquiy. And it's not just new things that have been added - some of the old pages have had a change in content!

For April's edition of The Movie Critic Next Door, Valerian reviews The Knowing, starring Nicolas Cage, Chandler Canterbury, and Lara Robinson. Crashed jets, anyone?

Please give a warm welcome to MzNurse, the writer for the Herald and Post's Health Corner. This month, she starts out with a basic Health Quiz, and offers some basic tips on dieting and exercising.

Plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo with some delicious home-cooked food? Never fear; In April's Recipes with Aiden, you can find recipes for such delicious items as Mango Papaya Salsa and Enchiladas! Thanks to Older and Wiser for these delicious recipes. :-)

Cherri Tart returns with her monthly Comix strip. Cats speaking LOLspeak are normal, right? Sexy pictures, you say? Well, there's a lot more to it than just cute pictures; what comic strip do you know of that ends with, "I think that stories are dreams that have evolved to sentience"?

E-anniversaries, birthdays, and another baby this April! If you read the Personals, then you won't miss any of them. If you see Seara Cain around, remember to drop her congratulations for the birth of her adorable daughter. And one more birthday in April: Elliquiy's! We began four years ago in April, 2005... my, things have changed.

That concludes the highlights for this month's edition of the Elliquian Herald and Post. If you're interested in contributing an article, remember to read the blurb About Us and contact ShrowdedPoet (editor), Caeli, AND Dawg (the head staff). When you PM us, please PM all four of us (including the newspaper account) in the "to" field.

Thank you to everyone who helped contribute to the April release of the H&P. Look forward to our eight issue in May!

Please leave your comments and feedback for the articles here. If there are future subjects or topics you would like to see covered, please suggest away! <3

stimulationii

This is pretty cool, I have to look back on the other issues to see how much it has improved. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future.