D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, March 28, 2010, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Serene the Goddess of Virginity's Chastity Belt of Shocking Burst +5 was stolen while she was bathing. It is foretold that should Goddess Serene lose her virginity be it to god or mortal, then every virgin in all the realms be they Human or Elf, Troll or Dragon, shall remain a virgin forever. Heroes have been gathered from all across the lands to seek out the culprits and return the holy relic, and perhaps get laid along the way.

this is my third try at getting this game up and running. Both previous times failed due to my own actions or absences. This time I know it will succeed.

The first time around I tried to make too many modifications and additions to the rules. I tried to account for scantily clad women and Conan-esque barbarians by modifying how armor class worked. I tried to add in skills for sex and seduction. I tried to have an established rule on getting knocked up. This time around there will be none of that. If you want your Barbarian to walk around bare chested that's fine, but you'll have to find some bracers or other similar means of raising your AC.

Everything else will be standard 3.5 rules. Pretty much any official books are ok, but you may have to PM info from the few books I don't have. I am going to be pretty lenient on races, so if your not into sexual encounters with kobolds or minotuars you might not want to join, or at least make it clear you do not wish to be in those situations.

Characters will be 16th level. I'd prefer if people stuck to the more traditional classes, but I'm willing to consider the more unusual ones. For gear as long as it is reasonable for you to have I will not sweat it. for magic items please give me a list of desired items and I will let you know which ones you can have and which, if any you can't.  Honestly, I wanted to start lower -maybe around level 10, but the scope of the campaign demands higher level heroes.

While the campaign and setting will be heavily slanted toward the erotic there is still a story to be told. There will be combat and there will be riddles. I'm all for group orgies around the campfire, but if you start one in the middle of Ogre territory you can expect some univited guests to join in. The dieties are going to be a hodge podge of Olympic, Norse and Egyptian Gods depending on what area of the world you are traveling in just like in the real world, with a few new ones that are key to the plot, such as Serene and her sister Dominatra. You can even make up your own god or choose pretty much any God you like if you are a cleric and I will add them to the pantheon.

Anyway if I get at least 4 people interested I will run it. I will accept a max of 8. Sorry, but more than that just gets too bogged down. If there is enough interest I may run a second group. I realize that using a system will be a turn off for many people, but I want to keep the system for this. I just don't think it would work very well as a free form game. If you want to play but have never tried D&D before, you can still apply.I'm more than willing to help guide you until your comfortable with the system.

Katina Tarask

Have you considered gestalt as a means of getting higher-power characters at a lower level?  That may make level 13-14 more workable.

What's your stance on the alternate system books?  Psionics, incarnum, Tome of Battle, Tome of Magic.  Secrets of Pact Magic, if you have it.

Starting wealth?  Standard by level?

Do you have access to the Book of Erotic Fantasy?  It has some extremely simple rules for sex and seduction (though I'd advise leaving the Appearance attribute out).  Just Bluff to seduce, a constitution check to see how long you can go, and how well you do is a Perform check.

Custom magic items by standard rules?  Kosher or no?

I don't suppose that if I could manage an epic-level Perform check, I could manage to recruit an army of fanatics by virtue of putting on the greatest strip tease in the history of the universe? :P

BenedictWolfe

I might be interested in this, depending on the turn-out. You wouldn't mind a half-ogre ranger, would you?

CaptainErotica

I am familliar with Gestalt classes, but it isn't so much the power levels as the fact that not everyone who will be interested will be veteran gamers who are comfortable making up a character. It is a lot easier to explain how to make a low level character than it is a high level one. Gestalt characters lower the levels, but are still fairly complex to make -looking at it from a new players point of view. as for source books Pretty much anything official is fine, though out of the ones you listed I think I only have the Psionics book on hand, so you'd need to provide the information from the book relevant to your character. I've heard of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, but have never read it. If I can find a copy of it i will take a look, but I would like to keeps things as simple as possible to better give someone he might be interested, but not familiar with the rules a chance to play.

Wealth will be standard by level. Hit points will be max at level 1, roll for the rest. Atritbutes will be 4d6 re-roll 1's, taking the highest three dice. You may place the rolls in any order. If you have a custom magic item you can include it on you wish list. In fact given the nature of the game I encourage them. A Loin Cloth of Protection + 5 would probably be fine for a Barbarian type for simple example.

The use and function of social skills is a bit of a sticky point for me. I love D&D and to make this game work the system needs to remain in tact. However, I've always sort of free formed the social actions like bluffing. Why should my NPC's hang on your every word just because you rolled a natural 20? I tend to look at the written post in these cases. If I feel like the NPC would believe you then why bother with a roll. I wouldn't say that your performance would automatically grant you your army of fanatics, but it would certainly make them far more willing to consider it.

A Half-Ogre Ranger is fine.

Katina Tarask

Oi... stat rolls... I despise stat rolls... Could you please allow a point buy?  And could I just take average HP past first?

Anyways, BoEF isn't exactly heavy.  Its rules for sex really amount to a constitution check for duration and a Perform check for quality.  Very non-invasive, so long as you leave the appearance score out.

CaptainErotica

I'm okay with that. For those of you who would rather use the point buy method for stats. 32 points with all abilities starting at 8.  Same for hit points. If you'd rather not roll you can gain full at 1st level and half the die +con bonus for the rest.

Chloe Milev

Oohhh, high-level game.  I volunteer if you're accepting!  *skulks off to work on concept*
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Videospirit

Eh... Ahh wth, I've got way too much free time while I'm laid off, I'll give this a shot. Some sort of female monk is most likely what I'll end up playing.

PhantomPistoleer

I want in!  But I'm at work right now, so more about this later!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chloe Milev

So the DMG says an armor bonus costs [#^2]*1000 gp, a deflection or natural armor bonus costs [#^2]*2000 gp, and an "other" bonus costs [#^2]*2500 gp.  There are at least morale, luck, sacred, and insight bonuses, so could we create, for example, a ring of Luck AC +2 for 10000 gp?  That would create more low-cost bonuses at the expense of body slots (though you can also combine two items for the lesser's cost *1.5).  Or would you rather stick to just Armor, Deflection, Natural (and the ioun stone of +1 insight AC)?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

PhantomPistoleer

Oh!  Waitaminute.

There's nothing very particular about this setting.  I don't really like to have a nimbus of expectations, I much rather have a set of expectations when dealing with class, attribute points and wealth.  Now that I've read over this, it seems that there's very little of any of that, which is cool, but not for me!

Thanksverymuch!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Videospirit

I don't suppose you use the sorcerers get Eschew materials for free house ruling? I'm thinking about taking it so I don't have to carry around a spell component pouch.

Alric Sanosake

I'd love to jump in on this too!
I am the king... I am the god... I am the warrior... I am the husband... I am the father... but inside... I am truly the beast. The beast that ravishes, murders, and pillages. You ask who I am? I am the Wolf King. I am Alric. Fear me

CaptainErotica

Bu all means Alric, jump on in. Magic users do not need to worry about spell components. There may be a few spells that are an exception if they use highly rare materials or are part of a Prestige class, but we can discuss them before we begin if anyone chooses such a spell. I'd say 99% of the time components will not be required.

As far armor bonus' and magic items go I think for simplicities sake we will stick to Armor, Deflection and Natural. In the example of the Ring of Luck +2 I would rule that it provides a flat bonus to all defense and saving throws. I'm not sure exactly to to price it, but I'm not overly worries about that. You can simply list what items you want and then i'll look over the list and choose which items to allow. You can make your wish list as big as you like, but you can expect to end up with between 6-12 items. Since I'm not making you pay for these items I'm thinking about altering the starting gold. Maybe a set amount for everyone that will be their cash on hand. you may then also use it to buy consumable magic items like potions. I'm still working everything out in my head right now, so I apologize if I seem a bit "wishy-washy".

Chloe Milev

Sounds good.  Sorry if I turned anyone off with too much math.  I enjoy crunching numbers sometimes.  I was thinking of being a Battledancer (Dragon Magazine Compendium, like a dancing monk using Charisma), Celebrant of Sharess (Player's Guide to Faerun, some spells, rage, and fascination), and Fist of the Forest (like a primordial monk).  So she would be like this worshiper of Sharess who is very much like a wildcat.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Videospirit

Well if we're discussing class ideas, I was thinking of taking Monk/Sorcerer/Enlightened Fist(Arcane monk from Complete Arcane).

PaleEnchantress

If a gay character of mine would fit in well (probably a necromancer) I would LOVE to play. I can give you more info if desired,
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

CaptainErotica

I don't have a problem with it Pale, as long as the other players are okay with it. I do know that it looks like most of the characters so far are either hetero or bi, so I'm not sure how much PC on PC action he/she would see. As far as the plot and all that goes it's not a problem at all.

Alric Sanosake

I am the king... I am the god... I am the warrior... I am the husband... I am the father... but inside... I am truly the beast. The beast that ravishes, murders, and pillages. You ask who I am? I am the Wolf King. I am Alric. Fear me

Videospirit

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested join this also, where you want us post the charsheets what we submit? Assuming this is not 'first pick chosen' players as you check which ones you take.

PaleEnchantress

Wonderful. Should I roll my character up then? I do love playing my creepily depraved pretty boys. If I have to I may just grab a friend to join in for more intimate interaction.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Videospirit

I'm guessing the Creature of Lust template from the Encyclopedia Arcane: Nymphomania is right out without adding a level adjustment to it.

Pretty in Pink

RARGH!  *snags that eighth spot while it's still open*  Uhm.... that is if this game is still going to go?  Yeah.  Kthxbai!

Be back later with a link to my character sheet!
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Videospirit

I haven't finished my sheet since I'm still waiting on feedback on the magic item requests. Do you want me to finish everything else and submit that before you get back to me on that?