Fairy Tales or Superheroes...Why Not BOTH? (Still Accepting Characters)

Started by Mathim, November 08, 2017, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Welcome! This is my fourth or fifth attempt to get this idea to catch on in a big way, but I know the concept appeals to a lot of people, just not all at the same time, LOL. Let's see how many curious cats we can lure in!

Do you like superheroes? Do you like fairy tales? Then this is the place for you! The idea is based on one of the most unexpected movies I've ever seen, Avengers Grimm, which I believe is still available on Netflix or in the $5 bargain bin at Walmart. It was made by The Asylum so if you know anything about them, it will either intrigue the hell out of you or put you off like nobody's business (they're either so bad it's good or so bad it's horrifying). The film itself is actually not half bad, all things considered, but it's more the core concept that I want to borrow for this game. Here's some more details if you're curious about the movie:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So if that cover reels you in, here is the factual information to get you orientated to the idea therein:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4296026/?ref_=nv_sr_4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Grimm

Essentially the concept is that most of our beloved fairy tales/folk tales' antagonists and protagonists are, in ways that don't get mentioned in their native stories, empowered with some unique gift or skill, either by birth or by being blessed or trained with magic that manifests in such a way that is reflective of their name, or the title or themes and symbols of their story. For instance, in the Avengers Grimm movie, Snow White lives up to her name by creating ice out of thin air and manifesting it into icicle stakes with which to fight; likewise, in the movie Cinderella can perform limited transfiguration spells (like her Fairy Godmother) and Sleeping Beauty can generate clouds of sleeping dust to tranquilize enemies. Makes sense in each case given their names and stories, right? So we would try to follow in that spirit with a myriad of other characters for this game. And those three examples are by no means set, if you'd like to play one of those characters you can tailor them in whatever way you like.

While the film revolved around them traveling to the 'real world' (not unlike Once Upon a Time) where they are the only ones with magic, for this game I think we'd be better of sticking to the fairy tale world and its mostly medieval-era setting, otherwise it gets too complicated. I'm willing to accept any moderately popular fable or folk tale that pre-dates railroad technology, leaving horseback and wooden ships as the height of transportation technology and capability (outside of those facilitated by magic). I've got a prototype map of the world, with four primary continents arranged in a diamond pattern that allow the North, South, East and West continents to house the various global territories from which each brand of myth emerged from. I'll try to get it set up here so we can use it this time, it'll be the first attempt at this game to have it if it works out.

The gist of the idea we'll be drawing upon (based primarily on the film) is that the terrible villain Rumplestiltskin has his sights set on ruling the world and enjoys tormenting his victims and turning his conquests into his thralls. While in the movie his only ally from the fairy tale world was the Big Bad Wolf, this time around he's interested in recruiting any and all villains he can persuade into joining his campaign. Pretty much anything goes here, and even some neutral or ambiguous characters can be portrayed as villains in this game (I would suggest the Pied Piper, for instance.) On the flip side of that coin, some villains can have a change of heart and become heroes, or at the very least oppose Rumplestiltskin out of simple self-interest. But the enemy of one's enemy is one's friend, no? There should be a great deal of freedom with characters so everyone has maximum creative potential for just about any character.

I would like to encourage some diversity here, rather than staying Euro-centric, so some suggestions from around the world are Ali Baba or Aladdin, Anansi the Spider, Sun Wukong/Son Goku the Monkey King, and Urashima Taro. I may be okay with some Greek mythology but I want the game to veer away from characters that either are or descend from the divine, i.e. those responsible for worldly creation or the generation of life, simply because them being fictional and we being their creators makes things a bit too meta, or maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

Pretty much anything works here, really, although I'd prefer to eschew extremely obscure or vague tales that don't have much to them. I'm happy to listen to suggestions that may sound that way and might approve them on a case-by-case basis (there's been positive agreement in the past, so don't be shy about suggesting anything you might have a special place in your heart for.) Anyway, have at it! Let those creative juices flow and turn one of your beloved fairy tale/folk tale characters into a superhuman warrior or mage!

Let me give you an example of one of the characters I've modified to make into a superhuman:
Jack the Giant-Slayer
-Jack's journey up the beanstalk and the defeat of the Giant weren't the end of his tale. While up in the clouds, he learned the magic secrets the giant had been concealing and how it was possible to increase the size of almost anything made of gold. Jack collected all the gold coins he could carry and once back down from the beanstalk, turned them into wagon wheel-sized gold cylinders and made a fortune, retiring comfortably as a weaponsmith. But Jack was no fool and learned to protect his fortune with a fierce reputation; his knowledge of the Giant's secrets gave him the power to become a giant as well, thanks to the numerous enchanted gold face and body piercings all over him. Able to stand taller than a house, Jack is a force to be reckoned with. Basically he's Marvel's Giant Man or DC's Apache Chief, but with a fairy tale twist.

Important Links (Will be updated as needed):
Thread for posting character profiles and some general info about the world:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=278268.0
OOC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=278269.0
IC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=278298.msg13677081#msg13677081

Not too daunting of a task to tailor a super fable, I hope? Just have fun with it. If you're interested but not sure who to pick, I have a ton of suggestions and ideas already written down. What I would suggest first though is pick the low-hanging Disney (read: widely known if not especially accurate to the source material) or other popular global myths. Here's a sample character sheet for submissions (this may update periodically so just fill in whatever new stuff comes in at your leisure):

Player Name:
Character Name/Identity:
-Example - Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty
Tale(s) of Origin:
Alignment:
-Anything from Chaotic Good, Lawful Good, Neutral, Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil
Abilities:
-This is for your abnormal magic-based talents that normal people can't do, including enchanted equipment and any spirit familiars they may have
Skills:
-Any normal weapons they specialize in and other talents like archery, tracking, setting traps, etc.
Backstory:
-Feel free to deviate from the norm to fit how you want to play the character as long as the core doesn't change so much that their ability wouldn't make sense. But you are welcome to change heroic characters to villains if you can make it work. The last bit should show their reaction to Rumplestiltskin declaring his violent intention to conquer the world's kingdoms and recruit other brutes and monsters to his ranks.
Personality:
-What sort of attitude do they have toward life, friends, strangers, enemies? Again, don't feel constrained by their portrayals in their stories.
Orientation:
-Plenty of room for personal preference here (also any things kinky you might want done or are adamant about avoiding)
Appearance:
-Please provide an image or two (for both face, alternate forms if they can transform, and optional outfit pics if you like), and if possible, identify face claims. If the image is large, just use spoiler tags [spoiler][/spoiler] or you can use these to resize them: [IMG padding=10 height=200]https://[/img]

If you're interested in a character, please post the sample profile here. It's first-come, first-served so if you're itching to claim one but on the fence about another, stake a claim right away to have your first choice secured.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

ff

Player Name: ff
Character Name/Identity: Red Riding Hood
Tale(s) of Origin: to be added
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Abilities:
Summon animal, charm animal, speak with animal, conjure picnic
Skills:
Lassos, whips, bolas, animal traps, axes
Backstory:
to be added
Personality:
to be added
Orientation:
bisexual, switch with other f's, submissive with m's, potentially kinky
Appearance: as pictured

Mathim

Just making sure this get clarified, this isn't quite the analogue to Once Upon a Time that I mentioned in passing, they're strictly in the medieval fairy tale world, so there's no alter egos (unless their actual identity is completely obscured by a mask or they spend most of their time in a transformed state or something) to hide behind, or any need for them, for the most part. Reputation is important so making sure their talent is known far and wide is the basis for the game's story, bringing the good together and the bad together for a confrontation.

So 'Ruby' isn't necessarily going to need to exist apart from Red unless Red is completely masked or otherwise unrecognizable while assuming that identity. But secret identities aren't generally encouraged for this particular breed of superheroes.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

ff

Angie

I am so tempted to go Big Bad Wolf on this...maybe make him more of a primal force of nature, like, "there is always a Big Bad Wolf" and if you kill one, a new one is created somewhere.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Mathim

Well, there are many different mythologies with tales of wolves, werewolves and various permutations, so have fun with it. Variety is the spice of life.

ff

Quote from: Angie on November 11, 2017, 01:58:25 PM
I am so tempted to go Big Bad Wolf on this...maybe make him more of a primal force of nature, like, "there is always a Big Bad Wolf" and if you kill one, a new one is created somewhere.

Ohh, like the actual character is the wolf spirit / force / curse that chooses a new host/incarnation as needed.

Maybe the classic RRH tale is some manifestation of that - disguising as the grandmother being related to that, and/or the wolf spirit jumping to the lumberjack at the end of the tale. That's a delicious twist - the guy that saves her from the wolf becomes him. Very Nietzsche.

Would love a Big Bad Wolf for my Red.

Angie

Quote from: ff on November 11, 2017, 03:14:07 PM
Ohh, like the actual character is the wolf spirit / force / curse that chooses a new host/incarnation as needed.

Maybe the classic RRH tale is some manifestation of that - disguising as the grandmother being related to that, and/or the wolf spirit jumping to the lumberjack at the end of the tale. That's a delicious twist - the guy that saves her from the wolf becomes him. Very Nietzsche.

Would love a Big Bad Wolf for my Red.

"Fear lurks in every human heart. I am merely a manifestation of that fear, a face, a force for your mind to see."

"So then why am I not afraid?"

"You have seen me slain. Nothing I can do will make you forget that I can be beaten...for a time, at least."

ff

"As long as darkness lurks in the hearts of men, I, ZEROMUS, can never truly be defeated" - paraphrasing from FFIV

TheHangedOne

Player Name: TheHangedMan
Character Name/Identity: Cu Chulainn
Tale(s) of Origin: (most of) The Ulster Cycle of Celtic Mythology
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (leans towards Good)
Abilities:
Warp Spasm: Berserker Form in which his hair extends and stands up, one eye enlarges and pops out of its socket, face contorts hideously above and beyond that; enters a berserker rage immensely increasing his strength and not just making him not feel pain, but actually reducing the amount of damage he takes (though he is still wounded; it is reduced not entirely absorbed). Warp Spasm is draining to use, and frightening to behold--especially considering he is supposed to be one of the good guys, and it makes him look like a monster.
Scathach's Pupil: Scathach is known, in some circles, as a Goddess of Warriors, and Cu Chulainn ended up serving her; actually getting to her involved leaping over gorges, jumping up waterfalls, and fording rivers without any sort of equipment, and he spent several years under her tutelage (and probably boning her daughter; myths only hint at it). Not only is his physical abilities supernaturally high, but his combat prowess with any weapon could best be described as close to or at master-rank.
Gae Bolg: When his training was completed, Scathach bestowed the blessed spear Gae Bolg upon him. Made from the bones of a sea monster, the spear is known by other titles, such as: Belly Spear, Notched Spear, and, his favorite, The Spear of Mortal Pain and Death (though that's rather long-winded). The spear has seven heads, and each head has seven barbs; when he killed Ferdiad with the spear, it was said that the spear caused the barbs to go "coursing through the highways and byways of his body so that every single joint filled with barbs." However, it is up to the wielder to decide when to activate it's fatal ability. Supposedly, only Cu Chulainn himself (and Scathach) know how to actually use the thing to its full potential, but even when not being used for grotesque overkills, the spear is highly magical in nature and incredibly dangerous.
Tireless: Aoife came to fight with Scathach, her sister; his mentor feared Cu Chulainn getting hurt so she arranged to slip him a sleeping potion the night before the battle, to keep him unconscious throughout the next day. Come morning, at the first sounds of battle, Cu Chulainn woke up anyways, went out, killed about a hundred men, then spent three or four hours dueling Aoife, beating her into the ground, and forcing her to call off the blood feud. And then he had sex with her to seal the deal, because apparently, the only thing higher than his kill count is his libido.
Skills:
Hurling Champion (actually killed people with a hurley stick and ball), Joined the Red Branch Knights, quite literally served as someone's guard dog for two years (His name actually means "The Hound of Culain", and he liked it so much, he replaced his birth name with it), considered one of the most beautiful men of his time, literally killed over a hundred Nechtan warriors when he saw his homeland being attacked (while in a Warp Spasm), they literally threw three tubs of cold water on him, and each tub turned into steam, then King Conchobar sent out a hundred women to get him to calm down. Literally dueled three days straight with Ferdidad before finally killing him (thats 72 freaking hours of non-stop combat; no food, no water, no sleep!).
Backstory:
Technically a demigod as he was born the son of Lugh the Long-handed and the daughter of a druid, Deichtine, magic and power flowed through his blood. From an early age, he showed prodigious talent at everything he set his mind to; and a violently mercurial temperament. He was born with the name Setanta, which he no longer recognizes.

As he grew up and pursued the profession of a warrior, he joined the Red Branch Knights. One evening, they were to attend a feast at a friend's house, who was known to possess the most ferocious guard hound in all of Ireland. This man, Chulann, ended up setting the guard hound free once all the Knights had arrived (but they had miscounted and forgotten that Setanta hadn't arrived yet), so when he did show up, Setanta got attacked by a giant black dog roughly the size of a horse.

With nothing more than a hurly stick and ball, he killed the giant guard dog, and everybody came out to see what the ruckus was about. Some were impressed; some were horrified. Chulann was understandably upset over the loss. Setanta offered to serve him as a personal guardian, since even though there had been a misunderstanding on their part, he was the one who had deprived the man his dog. Setanta served as Chulann's Hound (Cu Chulainn) for several years until he could get and train a new one.

He liked the title, and the story associated with it so much, he informally forsook the name Setanta and continued to call himself Cu Chulainn. Since at this point in time he was of age, and many women were interested in him, he kept getting pressured by his peers to find a wife, so he decided on the daughter of a king, named Emer. Emer decided he was unproven, and therefore not a good match, so Cu Chulainn did the only logical thing that made sense to him, and decided to seek out a Warrior Goddess in "The Land of Shadows" to train under.

First he crossed through a marsh known as "Plain Ill-luck", which was known to kill 1 in 5 of those who tried to cross it; then he had to avoid or kill the strange creatures of the "Perilous Glen", said to kill 1 in 4 of those who had survived the marsh, before coming to the 'Bridge of Leap', which was not, in fact, a bridge at all. It was here that he met Firdiad, a Firbolg warrior and prospective student.

The two decided to chill out together, and quickly formed a strong sense of camaraderie. The Bridge of Leap was a waterfall with stone platforms in it--barely visible through the stream, and constantly wet. If one wasn't careful, they'd be knocked down, and smashed on the rocks below. It was said that only 1 in 3 of those who made it to the 'Bridge' got up it, but the two working together managed to do exactly that; Cu Chulainn saved Ferdiad's life, and not much more than five minutes later, Ferdiad returned the favor.

Scathach took them on as disciples and trained them for five years, teaching them all manner and arts of warfare and battle tactics. Scathach's promiscuous daughter is said to have spent quite a number of nights with both warriors, and that Scathach rather encouraged this behavior, for men and women should enjoy each other's company. 

Ferdiad left a few months ahead of Cu Chulainn, as Scathach said his training was done, but the 'Hound' needed more. The Firbolg left, and Cu Chulainn stayed. She taught him how to use the Gae Bolg, because she felt he was the worthy wielder of it, not Ferdiad.

When it was time for Cu Chulainn to depart, he saw Aife bringing a host of venerable warriors with her, and Scathach was concerned with chasing off her star pupil.  She insisted he leave; he stubbornly decided to stay. She drugged him; the potion did nothing more than ensure he got a good night's rest, when it should have knocked him out for a full twenty four hours, such was his constitution.

He fought with Aoife for many hours in Honorable Combat, one on one, but the woman continued to best him until he tricked her. He threw a hurley ball at one of the horses tied to her chariot, killing it, which distracted her, for Aoife cared deeply for both her chariots and horses, and while she was distracted, he bludgeoned her fighting arm and shattered most of the bones in it with the hurley stick. It was at that point, with her maimed, and he nearly dead, that she yielded.

He forced her to end the blood feud, and then to further prove dominance over her, and to "seal the deal", he had intercourse with Aoife. He then went home She's still out there, somewhere; probably working with Rumpelstiltskin, plotting her vengeance.

He then returned home to Ireland, where he saw the people of Nechtan fighting his people--who were losing--promptly lost his shit and went into a berserker rage, the first time he manifested his Warp Spasm, proceeded to kill a couple hundred Nechtan, and a couple of his fellow countrymen because he was in an absolutely unstoppable murder-frenzy with a deadly magical sea-monster-bone spear and skills taught to him by someone generally considered a Goddess of Warfare. So they threw three tubs of cold water on him to literally cool him off. The first one turned to steam; the second one turned to steam; the third one was mostly steam, but some stuck around and managed to actually get the ground wet.

Seeing that was not working, and that he was basically walking around in the middle of a pile of corpses rambling and ranting and mercy-killing anybody not lucky enough to still be alive, King Conchobar sent out a hundred naked women, the sight of which was--as far as legends state--enough to get Cu Chulainn to calm the hell down (although the legends don't state he actually did anything with him, they were just all like 'please calm down' and he was just like 'mmmmm, women', because at this point in time, the kid is like... 17?)

He wasn't faithful to Emer, so that plan sort of fell through, so Cu Chulainn put himself full tilt into his career as a warrior, and went on to proclaim several more victories for the Ulstermen, including the Táin Bó Cuailnge, where he sadly had to kill Ferdiad, and a lot of other things that would pretty much take a three or four hundred page book to describe, so let's just skip to one of the more saucier events.

Morrigan--you know, another Goddess--actually tried seducing Cu Chulainn, showing up in a skimpy negligee and everything, and he actually turned her down, because weird women showing up at his doorstep in negligee at three in the morning is probably nothing but trouble. Angry over being spurned, she cast him into the Otherworld, where he was forced to do battle with 'demons' for a long while, but hahaha, guess who won that one? He's still not thrilled with Morrigan, but whatever. He also met a cute Tuatha woman named Fand and started a family with her.

Personality:
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND USE ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS! But seriously, Cu Chulainn is loud, full-tilt, no half-assing, intense, over-the-top. Also, don't get him angry. You really won't like him angry. Nobody, and nothing, in his general vicinity likes a Warp Spasm. He loves a good challenge, and while he ostensible fights for the 'good' guys, his motivations are more likely because 'it's a challenge' rather than 'it's the right thing to do'.
Orientation:
Heterosexual, likes strong women (mental or physical; dominant, basically); hard limits are gore/vore, watersports, and scat.
Appearance:

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ff

Looks cooler than the Cuchulainn from FFXII, who was basically Jabba the Hutt with better posture and extreme facial piercing

Get In My Belly!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: ff on November 11, 2017, 04:50:52 PM
Looks cooler than the Cuchulainn from FFXII, who was basically Jabba the Hutt with better posture and extreme facial piercing

Get In My Belly!
Heh. Glad you approve.  Warp Spasm isn't supposed to be pretty, but it's not supposed to be ugly, either; just terrifying. I guess that's hard to pull off.

Overly Sarcastic Production did a pretty neat a video about it; props to her for condensing some seven hundred pages worth of myths into seven minutes.
Check out my poet tree!

Angie

Mathim

That video was very helpful, I like when things are condensed (and given a touch of humor). Hopefully we get a Beowulf or some other such legendary warrior human from a more Northern European mythology than the standard Western European mythology.

ff

Chuchu's fairly obscure IMO, which I mean in a good way, aka I wouldn't worry about Chuchu seeming too 'standard'. I wasn't familiar with him at all, actually, Final Fantasy just used the name without it really being the same char.

For anyone else looking for ideas / art for chars, especially the female ones that have had Disney renditions, I just found art series that imagines the Disney princesses in superhero type outfits / power poses.

https://steevinlove.deviantart.com/gallery/23384510/Defenders-of-the-Enchanted-Kingdom-WIP

Latooni Subota

So i had an idea. It's a weird one, and an antagonist-turned-heroine sorta, but I mainly thought it up from looking up other myths and fairy tales further away from Europe. Well, that and ghosts are cool. One word:

Sadako

Onryo have been incredibly prevalent for over a thousand years as ghost stories and cautionary tales in Japan, though sadly lacking in details for the most part until modern times. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't know about Ju-on/The Grudge and Ringu/The Ring these days though, with how prevalent the Onryo spooky stuff has spread. To keep with the fantasy setting, rather than the angry ghost girl killing in her backstory via videotape, she used nensha to travel and kill through paintings instead. It's been a very long time, and she's killed off everyone who hurt her and then some, and at this point her supernatural hate has cooled enough that she is tired. Very, very tired. She hasn't found a way to permanently destroy herself yet so she is (begrudgingly ((Get it? Grudge!)) ) trying to 'repent' by saving people in the hopes that she can earn a ticket into the afterlife, since at best she's managed to get herself temporarily banished by priests.

Her abilities would probably lean towards Kitty Pryde intangibility, the aforementioned painting travel, and coming back even after being banished/destroyed by magic after a plot-significant amount of time? I dunno, still batting the idea around in my head, and re-writing a rough version to be a background that fits in the timeline. Thoughts? :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Fury Aphrodisia

Hi, Mat! I'm in. To be clear, I've got two ideas. To choose which one, we're allowed to go from mythology and legendry as well as fairy tales, right? I mean, I know you said no god-like characters... How do you feel about Morgana of Arthurian legend?

Otherwise, the other concept I was going to go with is the Pied Piper. Let me know!
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 12, 2017, 11:26:52 PM
Hi, Mat! I'm in. To be clear, I've got two ideas. To choose which one, we're allowed to go from mythology and legendry as well as fairy tales, right? I mean, I know you said no god-like characters... How do you feel about Morgana of Arthurian legend?

Otherwise, the other concept I was going to go with is the Pied Piper. Let me know!

As long as they're not of the creator-god sort of status, then they're fair game, so anything like the Olympian gods would be going a tad too far, but a modified demigod like Hercules would be acceptable, albeit with a tweaking of his parentage. Achilles might be a better choice if we're going Greek with anybody's imagination. I think for such godly characters, calling them instead 'Of the Substance Beyond the Veil' and having them reside in a usually unreachable realm steeped in magic (but able to freely travel between the two worlds unlike most other beings) would be sufficiently vague and mysterious so as not to start getting too meta and getting actual authors who made up these stories involved. This is supposed to stand apart from Once Upon a Time in more ways than just one or two.

But feel free to use anything that's considered a gift from the gods, whether merely an ability or a weapon or other object/device. Such things would tend to be bestowed upon residents of the fairy tale world in the same fashion as, say, the three good fairies in Sleeping Beauty.

Solistair

Player Name: Solistair
Character Name/Identity: Diomedes
Tale(s) of Origin: Greek Mythology, The Illiad
Alignment: True Neutral
Abilities:
  • Athena’s Chosen: Blessed with godlike wisdom, cunning and strength by Athena herself Diomedes also had the luck of being blessed with immortality as well with this man is definitely a favourite of a particular goddess whether it be for his skills on the battlefield or his skills in bed ;)
  • Shield of Athena: Gifted with a fire-breathing shield, yes it breathes fire, Diomedes has used this fearsome weapon in the Trojan War and in his journeys. It protects Diomedes from all sorts of physical harm including the swords of a war god which in his case was Ares
  • Fearlessness: Not just any run of the mill courage. Diomedes is legendary for taking on anyone and anything at anytime. From ball-crushing Amazons to the God of War himself this Greek legend has charged fearlessly into battle without any second thought
  • Combat Master: Having fought against Ares, Amazons, Ajax, Trojan Princes, African Warlords and much more other mofos Diomedes is a legendary warrior whose feats are often overlooked by more extravagant figures such as Achilles
Skills:
  • Traditional Weaponry: From swords to spears to maces Diomedes wields all kinds of melee weapons as fluidly as water
  • Horseriding: Such is his skill with a horse that Diomedes is renowned for beating multiple other Greek heroes in chariot races
Backstory:

After travelling the world from Italy to Africa, defeating gods and monsters alike, Diomedes decided to settle down for a bit and build a few cities. When he finished building those cities Diomedes decided to make babies with a harem of beautiful women. After that…well Diomedes got bored of the mortal life so he asked his bestie Athena for a favour. So Athena made him Diomedes an immortal, got him to live up in the clouds with her and enjoy the cock of a legendary badass.

This continued for a few centuries. Of course, Diomedes got bored. So he decided to take a peek at what went on down under while he had been away. It seemed like a lot of things had happened in his eyes. The whole Rumpelstilskin dude trying to take over the world with an army of baddies? Diomedes definitely digged that. Thus, the immortal warrior jumped off from the heavens, much to Athena’s dismay, and once again stepped foot on the Earth ready to chop off some heads.

Personality:

A stoic bastard Diomedes often will never shy away from any danger or challenge no matter how great the adversity. Unflinching no matter what he tends to come off as arrogant to others. Despite that he maintains a strict martial honour that he adheres to with military discipline befitting that of a being that defeated the God of War. Initially appearing to be some form of naïve chivalry it will turn out to be a simple code of morals that Diomedes obeys. Other than that Diomedes generally pursues self-satisfaction, something he belives he has earned the right to after countless years of serving kings and doing the will of the people.
Orientation:
Heterosexual. Diomedes likes submissive, feminine ladies. He requires all his pleasures in bed to be passionate whether vanilla or rough. Loves anal and deepthroat, more attributed to watching his mighty rod than the experience itself according to Athena.
Appearance:
-

Mathim

I trust immortality means simply not being able to die of natural causes, but able to be killed in battle, Diomedes? Because everyone needs to be mortal in at least that sense or in some other way such as via magic.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Mathim on November 12, 2017, 12:15:40 AM
That video was very helpful, I like when things are condensed (and given a touch of humor). Hopefully we get a Beowulf or some other such legendary warrior human from a more Northern European mythology than the standard Western European mythology.
I'm glad you liked it. Having a Beowulf running around would be pretty awesome. Now, just imagine Beowulf and Cu Chulainn in a bar brawl together... can you imagine how much damage that would cause? Hahahaha. As OSP puts it "METAL!"

But, is Cu Chulainn approved?
Check out my poet tree!

Mathim

Yep, approved. Everyone can pretty much assume theirs is approved if I don't say otherwise (I'm not sure if I'll have as much time online as I want what with holiday prep) but I'm waiting until we get a certain number to start making OOC and IC threads. And I'm playing Rumplestiltskin if no one else wants it because he's the archvillain and needs to be in it. Let me see if our resident Snow White wants to play...

Solistair

Quote from: Mathim on November 13, 2017, 10:26:43 AM
I trust immortality means simply not being able to die of natural causes, but able to be killed in battle, Diomedes? Because everyone needs to be mortal in at least that sense or in some other way such as via magic.

Yep, semi-immortality he ain't a god.

Mathim

Okay, just making sure. I swear, they need to make another word for immortality so that they can delineate between things like Jason Voorhees who can't age or be killed by any means, and those that just don't age like Highlander.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Mathim on November 13, 2017, 08:50:24 PM
Okay, just making sure. I swear, they need to make another word for immortality so that they can delineate between things like Jason Voorhees who can't age or be killed by any means, and those that just don't age like Highlander.
"Ageless" ?
Check out my poet tree!