News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Quote from: Remiel on June 26, 2010, 11:13:46 AM
I don't think anyone here is arguing that we are.  ;D

Man...if we can get past Ghana, we're going to go up against Uruguay.  And not to disrespect Uruguay, but much better them than Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, or Portugal.  Dare I say it?  Do we actually have a shot at reaching the semifinals?

This run was always seen as being a soft touch to the semis... which is why here in England people were virtually writing us into the semi-finals already. The "big" teams in the groups (Italy and France) were considered faded... France struggled immensely in qualifying and Italy haven't been setting the world on fire. With them out it becomes an even simpler run. With the groups ending the way they did one "lesser" team will make the semis.

In contrast due to England's inability to pass a ball to each other, catch a ball or regularly put the ball in the back of the net if we're the make the semis we have to go through Germany... and probably Argentina.

Stan'

I think this is the end of the road for America.

Ghana look to be a really good football team, and I think they'll pip this one.

Don't get me wrong, the Americans deserve to be at this stage, and they'd played well.  But luck can only take you so far. 

Lirliel

Go Team USA, beat Ghana, come on come on you Yanks!

*Is just slightly for team USA*

*Edit*

NOOOOO!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Izu

EPIC! *bows to Ghana* Good try, USA.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Kitsunetsuki

:'( ah well...the US tried...hopefully, Uruguay will kick the snot out of Ghana next round ;)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Zealously Jaded

That sucked...there's always next time :)

Phobetor

You know...I wanted to bitch and complain about the game, especially because I felt like, once again, we gave up too much slack and we left the other team WIDE OPEN to do whatever plays they had. But ultimately, USA tried. They got further ahead than most people thought they would and while it sucked to loose...they had a good run. Howard and Donovan are wicked and have A LOT of talent and Bradley is just a little firecracker in the making.

They tried. They were beat. Next time, USA, next time.

Hopefully tomorrow, Argentina will beat the shit out of Mexico lol
And when the time comes...Uruguay will kick Ghana out.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Remiel

Aw, man, the magic is gone.  :'(

We were outplayed. It's as simple as that. I underestimated the Ghana offense, as I suspect the US team did, and while the equalizer was exciting, there was little doubt that the better team won.  As much as it sucks to lose, good job, Ghana. You won fair and square.

Good luck, England! Good luck, Brazil!

aya

-Is hoping England will win tomorrow-

Ridcully

Cheka Man

I so hope England can win.

Stan'

These BBC MOTD pre-match build-ups are pathetic.  All this television license money being spent on turning this World Cup campaign in to the battle for the world.  This biased coverage shouldn't even be allowed.  It's the British Broadcasting Corporation, not the English Broadcasting.  And... I've lost count how many times they referenced their '66 win this past week.

And Alan Hansen is a traitor.

consortium11

We're not dead yet...

consortium11

Fucking, fuck... fuck... fuck... fuck.

Fuck... fuck... fuck... fuck.

We need goal line replay NOW!

Well... 2 minutes ago actually...

A ref fucks up the World Cup YET again.

Nico

WOW, that ball was SO behind the line.

Izu

It was in by half a meter!! :/  I wonder what will happen next... but this game is turning quite exciting. :3

consortium11

Quote from: Izu on June 27, 2010, 09:42:02 AM
It was in by half a meter!! :/  I wonder what will happen next... but this game is turning quite exciting. :3

Sebb Blatter will keep rubbing his hands and say there's no need for goal-line tech and that it ruins the game.

The referee will continue on with his life probably getting more high profile assignments.

For all the good stuff, the story of this World Cup has been a series of referee fuck ups that have ruined games.

Izu

Amen!

But I don't think that referee will keep on living for long if England loses the game because of him xD

Pixilicious

Seriously.  What the hell was up with that ball?  Like Nicholas said (cause he and I are watching it together) that ball was in!
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

consortium11

Jorge Larrionda has always been a terrible ref... a ref who was previously suspended due to suspected corruption. Even beyond that his decisions are generally woeful. He's already cost Serbia passage to the second round due to fucking up and now, whoever wins this match, he's fucked up yet again.

Guess what the consequences will be?

Sweet fuck all.

Ramster

As this image clearly shows, the ref had the decision spot on:

Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Izu

consortium11

Ref gets another easy decision wrong, although this one goes England's way so I'm not quite as mad...

consortium11

Izu

That was... no comment... England has great players, but a horrible team :/ Or more exactly no team at all.