[Pathfinder] Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands (Open!)

Started by 1651Leviathan, August 16, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1651Leviathan

KINGMAKER
Part I: The Stolen Lands

“It is all mine.  Each rock, each tree, each desolate ruin. Every beast and every man, woman, and child. The wilds will yield to me, and no other. Make it so, my champion.” These words come out as a whisper, ethereal and sublime, but tainted with a greedy, capricious sharpness.  They catch on the wind, rushing in a wave of air out into the blue sky.

They run with the wind down the slopes of craggy mountains dotted with ancient ruins so worn that they are little more than rocks, across steppes and hills, river valleys, marshes thick with stagnant growths, verdant forests where wolves hunt, and grassy, golden plains.  The whisper rushes onwards, over a lake where the wind that carries it tears the still waters into choppy waves, and the upwards to a shattered ruin, patched over and surrounded by a palisade.  Here there stands a tower of a man, scarred and marked with violence.  His head is crowned by an antlered helm that conceals from view his face, save for dark eyes that show infinite hatred and boundless ambition.  He listens to the whisper, and then looks out over the untamed lands around him.  A fist clenches possessively.  The Stolen Lands are his, for her.

The Campaign
Welcome to Kingmaker!  This is a Pathfinder adventure path that sees players explore a region of Golarion’s wilderness known as the Stolen Lands, establish a kingdom on the land they’ve fought and won, and confront deadly threats to the safety of themselves and their people.  It is written for 4 PCs, but we’ll be playing with more than that, with modifications as necessary. 

This will also be a highly adult game, with plenty of smut, at least, if everything goes according to plan. I expect sexual characters, and I plan to modify the adventure path to include plenty of R-rated opportunities.

What You Need to Know
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Races and classes: All paizo-published classes are fine, including the new Advanced Class Guide ones. All core races are allowed. Please ask about anything beyond that, though chances are I'll say yes, or at least give you a reason why not.

Alignment: Don't worry about it too much, basically. I like evil characters, and good characters, and everything in between. That said, I do expect the party to be heroic as opposed to overtly villainous, so if you're planning a wicked character, don't expect to be more of a token evil-doer than one of many.

Character creation: We'll be using 20-point buy for attributes, and starting at level 1. Take maximum gold for your starting class. You'll get three traits, one of which must be from the Kingmaker Player's Guide (more on that in a moment!).

Gender: I'm willing to take either a mixed party, or all one gender. It'll depend what people come up with. Ultimately, I'm going to be selecting characters that I think will mesh well on all counts, and this will be one of them. So don't worry too much that you'll end up saddled with incompatible characters. Which brings me to...

First-Come, First-Served?: This game will not be first-come, first-served. I'm going to be leaving this recruitment open for at least five days, but probably more like a week, and then selecting a party out of all completed characters. I know that can be intimidating, but I hope the reward is worth the risk. After all, more time to create characters means more compelling characters!

What I Want From Players

1.  A character sheet.  I don’t need it to be 100% complete, but I do need to be able to tell what sort of character you intend to build.  For example, I need to know whether your cleric is going to heal or be of the evil variety.  In the end, this is probably the least important component, though.

2.  A backstory/history. This is fairly self-explanatory.  Your backstory should show me how your character has gotten to be the way he or she is.  It should also be tied into the campaign material. To do this, please find the Kingmaker Player's Guide here (you need to 'purchase' it, but don't worry, it's free!). Your backstory needs a reason for your character to accept the charter to explore the Stolen Lands. If you want to do something that falls outside of the reasons listed in the Guide, please do feel free! Just take whichever trait is closest. This doesn't need to be an epic work of literature; it just needs to cover the important bits.

3.  A personality profile.  Backstories are cool, but our campaign won’t be playing through your character’s childhood, nor that pivotal moment when he came of age and learned what it was to be a true hero (unless that moment is character devopment during the campaign).  So it is equally important that you write how your character will act.  Try to avoid making this section into a series of “if x, then y” statements.  If I know that, when confronted by bandits, Borfrik the Barbarian will fight and refuse their surrender, I know how Borfrik the Barbarian will act in a particular situation.  But as this campaign is not only about killing bandits, this leaves a huge question mark over how Borfrik will act in other situations.  So instead of “if x, then y,” use more general terms.  Knowing Brofrik is moody, gruff, constantly angry, or jovial with a booming voice, optimistic, brash, or anything like that, gives me a good idea of an aspect of the character.

As well, please make sure that your character is sexual. I don't mean that everyone (or anyone) needs to be a courtesan, but rather, that you create a character who can and will get into sexual scenarios with some frequency. Over-the-top promiscuity isn't required, but it wouldn't go amiss either. If you wonder about anything here, please ask me about it!

4.  A physical description.  Also pretty obvious.  Describe how your character looks.  Try to go beyond things listed on the character sheet, since I already know that stuff.  Don’t just say “Borfrik the Barbarian has blond hair, wears a chainmail shirt, and holds a huge greataxe; I already know that!  Use details about those things to create a description that lets me visualize the character. A picture can help with this, but doesn't mean you don't need to write something.

Party Composition
Provided everyone is willing to post frequently, I have no problems taking a quite large party (6 to 8 people, probably). That said, there are roles that I need filled mechanically to insure that the party works well. When thinking about your character, try to avoid roles with lots of applicants, or send me a message to ask what needs filling! As well, if you feel like a workaholic or have an abundance of free time, I have no objection to submitting more than one character (obviously I'll only take one, though!).

I'm looking for:
At least one frontline character (barbarian, fighter, paladin, etc, capable of taking damage and dishing it out.
At least one healer, who can keep people going.
At least one arcane spellcaster (preferable but not needed)
At least one sneaky, skill-heavy character (preferable but not needed).

Andi

Hm. Might be interested in putting an Arcanist into that... have to think about background...

Thorne

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

1651Leviathan

I'm curious to see how shaman goes, so go for it!

Thorne

Okay. Now I just need to work out what a wild elf lost in the Stolen Lands.
.... Maybe someone made off with a friend of hers or something.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Aha, Thorne and Andi, we meet again!

In my apparent compulsive need to find all the paths, you can count me as interested for this, Leviathan. Just need to pick up the player's guide or something ot know hat I'm getting into and I'll be right on it.

ThisOneGal

I'm interested.

Will post more detailed stuff later, when I've had time to think it through and also have a handle on the other PCs, so I can get plot tendrils all over them.

NN/NG Human Female Magus (Probably. I am incredibly indecisive)
Bastard
Serves as front line char/limited arcane caster.
Strong willed, perhaps excessively so. Intends to found her own noble house to spite her bastard heritage. Currently more concerned with her next meal than crushing her enemies.

1651Leviathan

Glad to see there's interest! There's still plenty of room, though, for anyone else who's thinking of popping in!

Jaded

I'll probably move this over to Mythweavers, but it is a draft that should give an idea of what I am thinking.  She is basically a very social heavy (at least that was my intent) character who can fight from a distance.  I was going to give her Bluff/Disguise, but I think she can basically get those at level 2 from her perform skill (unless I am misreading, I haven't done much with bards). 

I wanted to go with a Changeling just because I think they are a neat race and haven't gotten a chance to play one.  I went with Court Bard to fit with her Noble Born trait. Sow Thought is a Changeling spell, though I was tempted by Unnatural Lust (the 1 round duration ruins it).

I only skimmed the Players Guide, so may need to do some edits after I read it again, but her motivation is basically to prove she is better than her noble 'family.'  Plus wealth, power, etc. 

Name: Ashia
Race: Changeling
Class: Bard 1 (Court Bard)

STR: 10 [+0]    INT: 14 [+2]
DEX: 16 [+3]    WIS:  9 [-1]
CON:  7 [-2]    CHA: 18 [+4]
HP: 6           BAB: +0
Fort: -2        Ref: +5        Will: +1
Alignment: Neutral

TRAITS
Charming: +1 Bluff/Diplomacy against people who are sexually attracted to her
          +1 trait bonus to save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters
Possessed: 1/d attempt knowledge check even if not trained. +2 if trained.
Noble Born (Lebeda): +1 Language (Elven)

FEATS
Spellsong: Swift Action - Conceal casting of a bard spell as a performance. 
              Perception or Sense Motive to detect, uses 1 round of Bardic Performance.
           Move Action - Use 1 round of Bardic Performance to maintain spell with duration of concentration
              Can cast another spell in same round

SKILLS (8)
Acrobatics
Diplomacy
Perform, Act
Perform, Sing
Sense Motive
Sleight of Hand
Spellcraft
Stealth
Use Magic Device

CLASS
Heraldic Expertise (Ex): Bonus equal to half bard level on Diplomacy, Knowledge (History, Local, Nobility). 
                         1/d Reroll Checks

Bardic Performance (8/d)
Countersong (Su)
Distraction (Su)
Fascinate (Su)
Satire (Su)

Cantrips

RACIAL
Humanoid [Changeling]
Claws: x2 1d4 Claw Attacks
Natural Armour: +1 Natural Armour
Darkvision: 60 feet
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Orc
Object of Desire: +1 to Caster Level when casting Charm Person/Charm Monster

PROFICIENCIES
All Simple Weapons, Longsword, Rapier, Sap, Short Sword, Shortbow, Whip
Light Armour, Shields excluding Tower.

SPELLS
0: Ghost Sound
0: Prestidigitation
0: Read Magic
0: Detect Magic
1: Sow Thought
1: Charm Person

EQUIPMENT
Rapier
Dagger
Shortbow
  w/60 Arrow

Silken Ceremonial Armour
Lamellar (leather)

Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and Steel
Belt Pouch
Trail Rations (10 days)
Rope, Silk
Signet Ring
Soap
Waterskin

Entertainer's Outfit
Traveler's Outfit

8 Gold
1 Silver

No one ever really explained how Ashia came to be adopted by the Lebeda Family.  There were always gossip from the maids and other children, but none of them seemed to really know.  At least, as far as Ashia could tell.  It was obvious to Ashia, even at a young age, that she wasn’t one of them.  She was tall, an even six feet, as well as slender and almost frail.  Her eyes were mismatched, one the green of a spring leaf, the other the gold of a cat’s eye.  Her ears were pointed like an elf.  Her skin was unnaturally pale, almost ivory, no matter how long she spent in the sun.  So she was raised among the children, but was never truly one of them.  She was trained and taught to serve the family that she was never truly a part of, first singing at the local temple, then acting for the entertainment of those the family traded with.

The magical talent came later, in time with a strange call to leave, to explore, that struck her along with puberty.  She resisted, afraid of the world beyond what she had seen, unsure of the strange powers of her voice, and gradually it faded away.  Still, she never felt at home.  As she aged, as she mastered the magic within her and how to use the sword and bow, she once more felt a draw to leave, to explore, to make a name for herself separate from the back-biting Lebeda.  The Stolen Lands seemed as good a place to start as any.

Ashia is at once reserved and outgoing.  She makes her living as an actress and singer.  This range from simple temple songs, to mocking the lords and ladies of the realms.  It isn’t always a steady living, and occasionally the richer members of the crowd require a, nudge, but it has granted her independence.  When she isn’t acting or singing, she tends to be quiet, to watch and learn from the background.  She has long since tired of the attention of men, though she is not above using them for her own advantage or using her body as a tool. 

While she wouldn’t consider herself greedy, Ashia’s primary motivation is wealth and to a lesser extent, power.  She would rather do good than evil, but in her mind, it is all relative.  She has no qualms about parting a rich merchant from his belt pouch magically, though she would prefer they do so willingly.  She dislikes the nobility, but at the same time, she wants to show them up.  She wants to prove she is better than all her former playmates and friends. 

Although she no longer hears the call she did when she first went through puberty, Ashia still occasionally hears the whispering voice in her mind.  It promises power, knowledge, anything and everything.  She usually ignores it, but occasionally it will reveal some useful bit of information that she desire, as if to entice her to listen. 

Blinkin

Description

Physical Description:
Lara could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks; framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Moss green eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles are accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist before flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well worked arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in natural colors.

Personality:
Lara is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest as she tracks evil beings wherever she might find them.

Background:
Lara is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to.

When Lara was only 12, her family was set upon by a bandit band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lara left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by a older Half-Elf ranger and taken under his wing in the southern reaches of Bevoy. As time went on, Lara became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her trade; Often making some odd coin by crafting decent bows for sell in the villages of the area.

When the charter was announced by the Sword-Lords, Lara took advantage of the opportunity to satisfy her own growing wonderlust and explore new areas; to make her mark on the region through being the first to bring law and justice to the goodly folk who would follow her and the parties of adventurers.

Lara Redfern
Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger            Favored Class: Ranger, Rogue
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000
Measurements: 36C-27-35
[/spoiler]

Ability Scores

STR:   12 (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:   17 (+3)
CON:   12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:   14 +2)
CHA:   12 (+1)

Saving throws & Movement

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +3               HP: 11/11
Reflex: +5            Init: +3
Will: +3               Speed: 30’

Combat

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+1            AC: 16
TAB: +2            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +4               AC (Touch):13
CMB:+2            CMD: +13
AC(Special):  +2 vs Humans

Class Skills(8 per level)

Total   Skill(Abil) (CS+Abil+Mod+Rank)
4   Climb (STR) (3+1+0+0)
7   Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+2+1)
5   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+1+0+1)
5   Knowledge; Dungeoneering (INT) (3+1+0+1)
7   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+2+1)
7   Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+2+1)
6   Perception (WIS) (3+2+0+1) 8 in natural surroundings
7   Stealth (DEX) (3+3++01)
9   Survival (WIS)(3+2+3+1)
4   Swim (STR) (3+1+0+0)
10   Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven

Feats
(RF=Racial Feature, CF=Class Feature)

Fast Learner: Gains 1 SP & HP or other favored class feature at each level
Point-blank Shot: +1 to attack within 30’
CF -   Fav. Enemy; Humans: +2 to Bluff, Know., Perc, Sense Mot, Surv) vs humans
CF -   Track: ½ level+Survival to track & identify tracks
CF -   Wild Empathy: Use level+CHA to effect animal attitudes like diplomacy

Traits/racial Stuff
traits:
+1 SP per level
   Bonus feat at 1st level.
Traits:
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)
Devotee of The Green: +2 to Know; Nature, Know; Geography and Survival
Pioneer: Gain a horse and +1 to Survival.

Coin

PP:   0
GP    2
SP:   8
CP:   0

Weapons & Armor

MW Composit longbow(STR+1:  133.33 GP
Dam: 1D8+1   Crit: x3   Rng: 110’   Wt: 3
Dagger:  2 GP
Dam: 1D4+1   Crit: 19-20 x2   Rng: 10’   Wt: 1
StuddedLeather Armor: 25 GP
AC: +3   Dex: +5   Penalty:-1,   SF: 15%   Wt: 20

Equipment

Gear:         Wt:   Cost
Arrows, Durable(20):    3   6.67
Backpack (MW):   5   50
Bedroll:      5   .1
Belt Pouch:      .5   1
Bit and Bridle:      1   2
Canteen:      1   2
Flint/Steel:      neg   1
Kit, Mess:      1.2
Mount; Horse:      neg   neg
Outfit, Explorer:   1   0lb
Rations (5 days):   2.5, 2.5
Tools, Bow):      5   55
Saddle, Riding:   
Saddlebags:      8   4 (5 cbft, 250 lbs)
   Total Weight: 34.5 lbs
   Saddlebags: 13.5 lbs

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Warlock

The Bloodrager from the Advanced Class guide, have really caught my eye. I figured I'd go pretty deep on the demonic aspect, choosing Abyssal as the Bloodline and I'd like to tack on a Demon-Spawn Tiefling as the race, part for mechanical reasons and part thematic, if that is okay with you Leviathan. Thinking of going somewhere along the lines of Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral, using the Brigand trait as a tie in for a background of a character that's tired of being hunted and persecuted, wanting to live in a land of his own and start a tribe (with many, many children).

I have a few other ideas in my Robe of Many Things, but this is currently on the top of the list.

1651Leviathan

Jaded: Looks good!

Blinkin: It's promising so far!

Warlock: I like that idea. Don't be afraid of plunging even deeper on the moral spectrum if that's where things take you; evil characters are allowed.

Kord

Interested :)

Description

Tharic has a strong wide-featured with square jaw-line that could chisel granite. His eyes are a deep gray-hue lying bellow sharp eyebrows. His nose is strong and block-like. Flanking the sides of Tharic's wide mouth are two ivory-colored tusks jotting upwards, curving slightly towards his boney cheeks. Tharic boasts a solid hairline with a full head of wiry long black hair that he keeps pulled back. His head rests upon a thick neck and muscular body. Tharic's carries himself upright and ever poised for combat. His skin is light green and his right breast is covered in black tribal markings.

Personality
"The Swordlord's call them the Stolen Lands? Ha! They were never taken. The land belongs to the people strong enough to hold it. Like me." - Tharic

Tharic has always been abrasive to those around him as he had never picked up the finer points of conversation. Such things like politeness or restraint, Tharic only sees as unnecessary and weak. His grasp on language is deeply based in the literal, several witty people have learned this the hard way through knocked-out teeth and battered bones. However, in recent times he has learned to use some constraint when he can see doing so is beneficial. Tharic has a habit of keeping "pets", his euphemism for pleasure slaves. Growing up around humans, he has acquired a taste for the fairer races and has been known to keep a few around at a time to account for his needs. For all his negative aspects, Tharic does have some traits one could consider positive. Tharic is extremely loyal and borderline caring to those he respects. Finally Tharic's love for drink and fine food is uncharacteristic of your average orc. He is a fine cook noted for making the unappealing seem stomachable. Finally, when you get Tharic drunk he is a much more relaxed and forgiving individual.

Background
"Resilient, Tharic is nothing if not resilient." - Tharic's adoptive father.

Tharic was born to a small orc tribe in the River Kingdoms. The eldest son of the tribe's chieftain, Tharic was positioned for a life of power. At least that is what his adopted father had told him. You see at the ripe age of seven Tharic's tribe was engulfed in a great fire. The flames burnt into Tharic's memories deeper than his mother or father's face. The blaze's origin was by no means coincidental, it was the works of a sorcerer by the name of Maric. Maric, the leader of the Broken Serpents, a lesser known bandit gang that traveled the River Kingdoms. Unfortunately, the Broken Serpents had strayed too close to Tharic's tribe while looking for an easy mark. The resulting combat claimed the lives of all of Tharic's kin. Maric, perhaps feeling pity, or perhaps seeing a potential asset, took in the orphaned orc, bestowing on him the name by which he is known. Tharic.

Tharic's youth consisted of murder, highway robbery and slave trading. He was an obvious asset to the Broken Serpents due to his strength and determination. Maric was surprised to see that he assimilated well into the group. Tharic never did like using weapons however, instead preferring the raw unadulterated power of his fists. Tharic discovered that strength was the way of the world. Those with the strength and drive to fight, took from those who were weak.

Tharic was a surprisingly picky eater, especially for an orc. "Spoiled on rich people's food" his bandit brothers would say. When a particularly dull month of banditry lead to a food shortage Tharic started experiments with cuisine. After many failed attempts and regurgitated meals he was finally able to cook at decently enough for the Broken Serpents to make him their official chief. In return Tharic demanded a larger share of any alcohol that the group was able to steal. Maric had started him on the booze-of-quieting potions at a young age and it stuck.

When Tharic reached the age of 18 he began to grow weary of the Broken Serpents, he had been with them 11 years and they had not grown in power or stature in all that time. One deary night after a successful raid on a merchant caravan, Tharic abandoned his adopted father and his bandit brothers, taking with him nothing except some food and one of the beautiful girls they had captured. His intention, to make a name for himself through the only ways he knew how, strength and power. Eastward he traveled with the beautiful human girl in tow. When Tharic reached the East Sellen River he sold the 'well loved' girl to a group of merchants for some extra funds as well as a ride into Restov.

Restov was completely alien to Tharic, he had never seen such 'wealth'. He was eager to see what great and powerful warlords resided in such a place. To his disappointment he found a city where nobles and weaklings ruled and controlled the strong. For the next year Tharic offered his services to these "rich-weakmen" in the hopes of his strength being known throughout the land, and his name rising to the top. That is when he learned of an expedition to the Stolen Lands. Tharic didn't just see an opportunity for gold or power in the venture south. He saw an a chance to get back to a realm he understood. One where the strong prevailed.
My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

1651Leviathan

Once there are some completed characters, I'll start tracking them in the first post. For now, we're still wide open for those who are interested.

Blinkin

Consider Lara done. I really can't see anything that I'm going to change, except for an odd accident in the character sheet, if I find one... I always do right after the game starts... last time, I had favored enemy as trolls and Orcs as the enemy the mods were going to and had to clearify it when someone pointed it out to me.

I think I caught that this time. She'll probably be the skills monkey of the party; she can stand up and fight if you give her a blade, but her real place is shooting arrows at everything and protecting the rest before melee starts.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Thorne

This is still going to want a little bit of tweaking for history and such, but the basic sheet is complete.

Cyrende Verdain

Cyrende Verdain
Female Elf (Ekujae) Shaman 1
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee cold iron spear +1 (1d8+1/×3)
Ranged longbow +1 (1d8/×3)
Shaman Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4):
. . 1st—bless, {super}S{/super} (DC 14), cure light wounds
    (1/day) charm animal
. . 0 (at will)—daze (DC 13), detect magic, know direction
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 12
Feats Sharp Senses[APG]
Traits pioneer, resilient, warrior of old
Skills Appraise +5, Heal +7, Knowledge (nature) +5, Perception +10, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +5 (+7 to determine the properties of a magic item), Survival +8; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception
Languages Common, Elven, Sylvan
SQ elven magic, spirits (nature), weapon familiarity, storm burst
Other Gear leather armor, arrows (20), cold iron spear, longbow with 10 candle and 1 pot, backpack, masterwork, belt pouch, candle (10), flint and steel, hip flask, mess kit, mirror, pot, soap, waterskin, whetstone, light horse, bedroll, bit and bridle, feed (per day), riding saddle, hemp rope (50 ft.), saddlebags, torch, trail rations, 2 gp, 9 sp, 8 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Familiar Bonus: +3 to Appraise checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Storm Burst (5/day) (Su) As a standard action, foe in 30 ft treats all others as concealed for 1 rd.
--------------------
Cyrende (Pronounced, roughly, 'SER-in-DA') got itchy feet one day and wandered north - that's what she tells people. The truth is another matter. An Ekujae in the north is a little like a Snowcaster in the south, with slightly more 'EEK! DROW!' involved.

Not that Cyrende should ever be taken for drow - she's dusky, yes, but dusky-bronze, with green-tinged, long black hair and warm, golden eyes.

Cyrende would not usually be away from the jungle - hell, most times, she wouldn't even have left the village. Her small village, however, was taken by slavers. Most, including Cyrende, managed to escape. The rest were sold, and the village, including Cyrende, have split up, looking for them. Cyrende ended up in the Stolen Lands, looking for her lost sisters.

--------------------

Daseil
Male Horse
N Large animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size)
hp 15 (2d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 hooves -2 (1d4+1)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Tricks Come, Heel, Riding, Stay
Skills Acrobatics +2 (+6 to jump with a running start), Perception +6
SQ riding
Other Gear bedroll, bit and bridle, feed (per day) (2), riding saddle, hemp rope (50 ft.), saddlebags, torch (10), trail rations (5)
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

--------------------

Rythe
Female Raven
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural)
hp 4 (1d8-1)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average)
Melee bite +4 (1d3-4)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 6
Feats Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse
Skills Appraise -1, Fly +6, Heal +3, Perception +9, Spellcraft -1, Survival +3
Languages Elven
SQ improved evasion, spirit animal (nature)
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Flight (40 feet, Average) You can fly!
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Spirit Animal (Nature) Move through undergrowth without harm/slowing & no Fly penalties up to windstorm strength.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Tydorei

Very interested... I have a few characters already made... now to decide who I want to submit...

eBadger

Nys Vendatti
Elven Transmuter
116 years old, 5'8", 150 lbs.

Game specific details-
Leadership roles: Definitely Treasurer; potentially Magister, Grand Diplomat, or even Spymaster as well
Campaign trait: Noble Born, Orlovsky

Nys Vendatti

Nys Vendatti (Niss Venn dot ee) is the young scion of the Vendatti clan, a group of elves committed to trade, diplomacy and neutrality.  The clan has a long history as nomads and craftsman, and several hundred years ago used their travels and knowledge toward trade.  They now stand as a wealthy group with a mixed reputation: they are known to trade with anyone, for anything.  They are the source turned to for the exotic, strange, or blatantly illegal.  Recently they’ve gained both renown and condemnation as sellers of exceptional slaves. 

The physical appearance of the clan – silver hair and black nails - is said to derive from a history as dusk elves coupled with an influx of drow heritage, as they utilized marriage unions to gain entry into the markets of the underworld.  Relations are maintained to this day, and the Vendatti clan routinely roam the upper tunnels of the underdark.  Nys himself spent many summers during his youth with his beloved "Nana," a drow matriarch and the sister of his grandfather, the closest pure drow in his line.  Despite her fearsome reputation in the underdark, Nys is very fond of his Nana and often recounts stories of his adventures, mostly beginning with some sort of misbehavior - this sometimes gives him a unique viewpoint of understanding societies that don't adhere to the philosophies of men. 

As the only son of the Highlord Varthen Vendatti, a remote and stern if loving man, Nys was raised with a certain expectation to one day assume a role of leadership within the clan.  Despite this, the long lives of elven kind imply any ascension to serious leadership is centuries away.  Varthen holds noble titles from many lands, given as reward or purchased for the convenience of nobility, and some devolve to Nys as well; however, they put little stock in them, and the only one Nys views as anything more than a credential is his clan title: the Silver Prince of the Vendatti.  His training has been long and practical, including swordplay, magic and business.  He's also developed a talent for body art, including piercings and both temporary and permanent inks, and sometimes utilizes slaves or friends as his canvas.  Nys’ mother was killed when he was still a boy, about 70 years ago, when an Issian lordling attacked them for transporting goods purchased from a hostile realm. 

Now still a young adult by elven standards, Nys is nevertheless well traveled and much older than most mortals he encounters.  His goals involve a swift rise to power, proving himself capable and bringing the Vendatti wealth and security.  He feels no need to rule, instead viewing this expedition as an investment: a few dozen years of work and a modest fee to create, expand and control the economic life and production of an entire kingdom, to the benefit of both the ruler and his own family's wealth.  As the only son of the Highlord, expectations of him are high – possibly unachievably so.  He is impatient and reckless by elven standards although most short lived races don’t have the same perspective on time.  He has never felt any lack of bravery or honor, though he views them much differently than traditional nobility.  Risk is foolish without promise of return and bringing the clan profit and success is the highest form of duty.  He'll certainly help the damsel in distress: he just won't be suicidal about it, and failure to compensate him for the deed, at least within their capability, would be offensive. 

His attitude towards others is likewise at times a bit mercenary, a carryover from his clan’s outlook toward business.  He values honesty, dislikes inflicting harm and understands antagonism is unproductive, but is ultimately goal driven and opportunity or desperation can quickly dismiss manners.   Friends are invaluable, but they don't expect favors for nothing.  A true ally is someone you can expect to keep their word; and those who can do so are very rare. 

Nys has extensive experience with slaves and sees nothing wrong with power and subservience, although the Vendatti are not typical of slavers.  The clan views them as cherished investments and decries unnecessary abuse as inhumane and an unforgivable waste of assets.  Many children have been sold to the clan by families incapable of providing for all their young or unable to provide a talented child's training to rise above subsistence.  The Vendatti's insistence that even condemned criminals be able to earn their freedom back helps inspire loyalty and dedication; usually, purchase by the Nys is salvation from a much worse fate. 

Clan is the one thing sacred to Nys; nearly every action is weighed for its benefit to the family, and betrayal is unthinkable.  He would sacrifice anything to protect them – especially for his two younger sisters.

Orientation: Nys is strictly dominant, and primarily heterosexual. 

& Olivia Vendatti
Raven Familiar
A black raven with a single silver feather
Or sometimes human, early 20's, 120 lbs, 5'5", auburn hair and green eyes

Note: Olivia's role becomes much more interesting with the use of a magical item (a Feather of Alter Self, usable only by her).  It doesn't grant a lot in the way of mechanics, but has much more potential for naughty fun.  I'd like to start with it; otherwise, it'll be on the top of the list of to do's as he levels (specifically, level 6). 

Olivia Vendatti

Nys' familiar is a Raven named Olivia; as with other raven familiars she speaks common, with a lovely feminine voice.  In personality she is well matched to her master, if also a frequent source of frustration for him; she is normally submissive to men and a switch with women, highly sexual, voyeuristic and enjoys shocking others with periodic vulgarity and rudeness.  She takes particular delight in humiliating Nys' sexual partners: sometimes transforming simply to watch or taking advantage of his absence or distraction to taunt, tease, or torment.  Although bisexual, Nys has forbidden her from touching other men: something she finds "rather fucking annoying," but abides by with the dedication of a true submissive.  She is surprisingly (and rather pointlessly) kleptomaniac and often steals anything shiny and small that's left out, usually abandoning it once bored (although she is more capable of judging value than most humans, this rarely influences her desires.  She particularly prizes mirrors - she's a bit of a narcissist - bits of glass, beads, buttons, and coins).  She lives moment to moment, with no long term goals and a somewhat childish lack of foresight. 

Several years ago, Nys crafted a unique magical item for Olivia: a silver feather that allows her to alter her shape at will.  Both before and after this, the two have shared many intimate moments.  Although the shapes available to her are many, her favorite is a pale human woman. 

Muse

Good morning!  *bounces and waves* 

I started this adventure path with my table top group, but didn't come near finishing it, and that was a while ago. 

Would you mind another appreciation? 

Are character's from Dreamscarred Presses' psionics' books acceptable? 

You say you'd like a lot of sexiness in this game.  Will you be wanting some non-consensual content?  Or are you more interested in characters who use seduction and fliration as part of how they accomplish their goals--not to mention what they do for fun. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

1651Leviathan

Muse: It's okay that you've played in it before, so long as you don't metagame things too much. As for psionics, I'd be interested in knowing more about the concept you had in mind. In theory, I'm okay with it, though.

As for applications, we're still wide open! We haven't even reached my upper-limit on players, so feel free to submit something.

To your last question, non-consentual stuff is fine, though personally I go more for slightly lighter-hearted forms of it.  Some people might be too eager to rape, essentially, which I plan to explain as a plot-point early in the AP (and yes, I know that's pretty vague!).

Muse

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on August 18, 2014, 05:04:09 PM
To your last question, non-consentual stuff is fine, though personally I go more for slightly lighter-hearted forms of it.  Some people might be too eager to rape, essentially, which I plan to explain as a plot-point early in the AP (and yes, I know that's pretty vague!).

Oh, fun. 

And I'm glad you prefer the gentler sort of non con.  :)  That's exactly how I like it.  :) 

'Scotsi grew up with a clan of mischevious nomadic merchants.  Some might call them 'GYpsies'.  They traveled from place to pllace in wagon houses, buying and selling, exporing and stealin.  Scotsi was a precious child, in lvoe wiht the road, always exploring, poking her nose under every rock to see what was under it. 

By sixteen Sotsi was dancing in skimpy clothing on market daoys to draw in the customers.  She learned tofight with knvies to defend herself, to flirt for the fun of it and secude to get what she wanted. 

once or twice a generation, a child in her caravan was bonr with a gift similar to sorcery, but diferent as well.  Over the generations they learned the terms 'psionicist,' 'Nomad,' and Wilder.   

To the gypsys, though, they were Walkers .
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ThisOneGal

Runa Castille
N Human Sorcerer (Nanite Bloodline)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=17793

The bastard daughter of [whichever noble house the GM finds most interesting]. With the only physical proof of her lineage being a worn down and beaten signet ring, Runa has spent most of her life working in a capacity not befitting someone of her lineage or ability. She leapt at the chance to explore the Stolen Lands; in the future she could attempt to claim them as her own, but the more immediate monetary reward and the more... interesting nature of the work were the clinchers.

Runa is a driven and direct individual. While she recognizes and respects the value of subtlety, her natural instinct is to use focused and overwhelming force, whether metaphorical or literal.

Chulanowa

Question for the DM - are there any races that are flat-out off-limits? Liiiike one idea floating through my head involves being a centaur, but I imagine that a race worth nearly 30 RP is probably a no-go :) Would there be any others that are just straight-out "no, try something else"?

1651Leviathan

If you've got an idea for a race that'd normally be off-limits for power reasons, I'm open to creating a less-powerful version that falls in line with the core races. So in that sense, I'm not going to say no, but I'm not going to let you use the race as written if it's substantially more powerful than the usual PC races.