Slice of Life

Started by ravishedanddisheveled, November 09, 2016, 12:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravishedanddisheveled

Hello and Happy Writings!

I have a few Slice of Life ideas I'd like to see if anyone might show interest in. They'd remain in this Non-Adult section unless I receive approval and my partner(s) would like to shimmy the story over to juicy part of the site. The amount posted in here is, as of yet, undetermined, as I'm unsure of which of my ideas I would like to bring to life and which to save. If you have any interest in any, please respond here, as I am unable to receive PMs currently.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Also, I have always had a strong preference towards proper, legible, intelligent writing. The opposite of this is something for which my tolerance is extremely low, so please understand that if you take on one of my prompts but have poor writing ability, I may prefer to decline continuing, as it will be very difficult for me to enjoy the story.

What Lurks Within
[Fantasy/Thrifller][ANY]
One foot in front of the other. That's right. Keep going. One step. Next step. A faint shuffling could be heard in the darkness, inching closer, slithering within inches. Don't look back. It's nothing. You're a grown woman, there's no reason to be afraid of the dark. There's nothing-- A scream pierces the still, night air as spots flash before the young woman's eyes. Everything goes dark.

Well, as dark as it can.

As light finally flickers beyond her eyelids, an unfamiliar voice hits her ears. It seems muffled and far off, but a presence can be felt beside her. A feeling of impending doom twists her stomach into painful knots as nausea floods to the back of her throat, dizzying her head. With an escaped groan, deep, emerald eyes tear open to gaze around, but all she sees is a blur of colors.

Then the voice again. A pause. And again.

What were they saying? The inflection sounded like a question, but the words were still muffled. Everything felt dull and confusing. What if, once her sense managed to return, it would be some sort of monstrosity that lurked just inches away? Could she run? Was there anywhere to hide? Where the hell am I? Even her own words were coming out garbled. Or were those her thoughts?

QuoteIn this story, you are the person who's voice can't be understood. Are you, in fact, a monster, as expected? Are you a savior? Or are you just some passerby that happened to find a girl lying on the ground, passed out from fright?

To that extent, where are you, in this world of darkness?

This is a story of suspense and fear in which the setting is a void of darkness. Bearings are difficult to grasp when without a source of light and the creatures that lurk outside are almost invisible as they lurk in the shadows, waiting to devour their prey.