Eagle Scouting Players for Anime Harem RP

Started by FazzEagle, February 22, 2011, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FazzEagle

Well, first thing's first: a 'harem' usually means one male character being surrounded by females, and since this is posted on the Non-Adult Section I have no intention whatsoever to place the theme of sex into the Role Play, but harmless flirting, hugs and teasing would be allowed. Now for the second part would be where I got inspired: anime. I've watched a lot of anime in my life but I'm always leaning towards the RP that involves a harem genre along with comedy and romance. Good examples of anime with such genres would be: Seitokai No Ichizon, Sora No Otoshimono, Clannad or Hayate No Gotoku. Currently, I've come up with a concept of a story that I had always wanted to try out in Role Playing, and that involves the UMAs (Unidentified Mysterious Animals) like the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, Phoenix, and etc. This was the concept:

The Background:
The story involves the UMAs like Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster, Vampires and etc. They had always caused an uproar every time someone claims to have spotted them, but in reality, they are actually a magical race of people. These people have the ability to transform from their animal selves to a human form, and they actually come from a whole other world known simply as the 'Hidden World'. After so many years, some of these people choose to live alongside the humans while concealing their true identities, but a close relationship with a human is and has always been strictly forbidden as no human is allowed to know of their existence.

The Setting:
While no names had been decided yet, this story takes place in modern day Japan in a fictional town. Since the main character and most other characters would be teenagers, the Role Play could also take place in high school. Other famous locations like Okinawa would also get its chance if the story calls for it.

The Story:
The main character of the story is Ikuto Hayashi, your average high school boy. He is not good at sports and he does average in his studies. Nevertheless, he is a good kid, but at the same time he's an extreme fanatic over the UMAs - something none of his friends, or most of the other students share an interest in. Due to this, Ikuto is considered one of the unpopular students in the entire school and this has failed him in getting a girlfriend as well. One day, he came across an injured bird and nursed it back to health, only to find out that the bird was in fact none other than the legendary Phoenix! What was even more surprising was when the bird of fire transforms into a young girl and tells him that in return for saving her life, she would serve him as his most loyal servant! From that day onwards, Ikuto's understanding of the UMAs and his entire life were about to change forever. Plus, the girl happens to be from a Royal Phoenix Bloodline!

The Characters:
Well, apart from Ikuto, the originally planned characters involved the Phoenix Girl, who actually has a very long name of royalty, but is given the nickname 'Phoe' by Ikuto. Of course, this can change depending on the Role Player's tastes and decisions, but all the other characters would most possibly UMAs just like Phoe is. Since this is going to be a Harem RP, this would also mean that most of these characters would have to be female. In most animes I've seen, however, there would always be one normal human girl too. Now what is common in most harem animes and what I originally intended to happen was that most of these UMA girls would at one point develop feelings for Ikuto, which can cause problems among the other UMA girls and especially the Hidden World itself. Characters that are allowed would be anything that relates to known UMAs, but don't confuse them with fantasy races like elves or dwarves; these are a few examples:

- Phoenix
- Lock Ness Monster
- Dragon
- Vampire
- Big Foot
- Thunderbird

Well, you get the idea. Be creative!

So for those who are interested or have any questions, please relay them into this thread and I will respond as soon as possible.