The Name Explanation Thread!

Started by Lone, September 19, 2009, 08:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone

Okay, so here is where we breakdown the simple, or sometimes complex meaning or orgina behind your screen name on here! I will start off!

Lone is actualy a shortened version of my first maple story character whom I named LoneAngelic. LoneAngelic has sense become one of the many common names I use in most games the involve me playing a mage of some sort, or something I use in a game where I do not plan on being very social in the MMO community.

I was going to with Kraz, which is short for my VF name, which is now dead Kraz_E-Kink-E, which got shortned to Kraz_e, then down to Kraz. But I figured a subtle approach to a large community would have made a better impression mainly because I am parinoid and think that I kill forums and topics by posting in them... Don't ask.

So, I went with Lone of Kraz and simply went with the shortest and easiest to remember. Now to those of you who will get to know me more in the future you will learn my many call-signs as well as my real name, which is mighty awesome. But that's for you to find out now, isn't it. ;)

NEXT!
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Dizzi

back in grade 6 I was REALLY into Beyblades and on the american T.V. show there was a bit-beast called Dizzi and I knew a LOT about Beyblades so my friends started calling me Dizzi.  some still do even though I've graduated :)

Lone

Interesting! See people, everyone has a story no matter how simple. Share people!
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

MasterMischief

Excellent thread, Lone.

Normally, I go by CourtFool.  If it is not painfully obvious why by now, you have not read any of my posts.  I have been going by CourtFool since Prodigy had chat.

When I started learning about BDSM online, I met a wonderful woman who told me CourtFool really was not appropriate in the BDSM community.  She did not force me to change my name.  Just implied people might not take me that seriously.

It seemed an obvious leap to me to go from CourtFool to MasterMischief.  See what I did there?  I even have Master in my nick while maintaining my mischievous side.

What?

It's genius.   ;D

BaronS

I wondered when Id find one of these - great one Lone!   

BaronS is short for Baron Samedi - however I didnt pick the name for the voodoo correlations, nor the character out of Live and Let Die.
It comes from a childhood love of a board game series called Nightmare (Atmosfear for our US friends) where I would always draw the Baron's token and would also win the game.  It got to the stage where my sisters would keep that token out of the draw and wouldnt you know it - id lose.
When I started out my adventures on the internet and was signing up on my first forum I had just played a game of it so the memory was fresh in my head, and since on the forums I plan of frequenting for a while I use it just so I dont remember thirty million name/password combinations.   
Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

Juicy

My friends in the beginning of high school teased me with the nickname Juicy because I was cursed (or blessed depending on how you look at it) with a larger than normal "asset" and hips for a guy, despite my overall slim body. I used to consider it an insult but the nickname stuck and I still use it years later, and I actually like it now. It sometimes gets shortened to just Juice or Juu but I think pretty much everyone has forgotten why I got it in the first place.  :D

Lone

I like the name change Master, very creative. Also, way to turn the negative to a positive Juicy
O n O

Kaiten

Kaiten means "The Turn Towards Heaven" 回天
It was also the name of human manned torpedoes.

I use it because I was going to have it tattooed on my stomach, but thought it was too plain and chose something more intricate, which was a bad idea because it hurt like hell. And it wasn't my first tattoo -_-

This is kinda like I'm making up for it.

Talia

Wow...I don't believe I've ever looked it up. Given name, form my adopted parents....not the name I go by. Therefore people I know don't know it....what's even funnier is....I'm affectionately called "Pepper" or "Pep"
...by close friends.....uum... spices...go figure.

In the 19th century, this name relates from the Middle English word for tree, "lorel" although the name was also recorded in the 16th century as a pet form of Laura.

There are various trees that contain laurel in their name, but the Bay Laurel is the one most strongly associated with laurel. Bay leaves are used in cooking for flavour, and its branches and leaves were used to make laurel wreaths in ancient Greece. In the ancient Olympic games, these wreaths were awarded to the victors.
Laurrell
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A