News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

iPad games?

Started by himawari, July 10, 2014, 09:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

himawari

new apple user here. been always an andriod fan. but there was a discount and i had to get an ipad.
currently a new owner of an ipad mini. 16GB wifi.

so........

games? books? other apps etc....

anything i should get that will make my ipad more awesome?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Callie Del Noire

Well if you are like me and are a tabletop gamer...PDF wise, Goodreads is in my opinion the best PDF reader.  There are Ebola readers for Kindle and the Nook out there as options to the iBooka bit. ITunesU has some interesting course for learning that are free. 

Game wise it depends on your tastes. You got things like Injustice for fighting, all manner of puzzle games, classics like Risk and Monopoly, retro-revivals like EA's version of X-Com, games like Back to the Future and Wolf Among Us (Based in DC's Fable setting..around the Sherrif of Fabletown Bigby Wolf)

One game I'm having fun with right now is a 'Boardgame puzzler' set in the Hit,an franchise called Hitman Go.

Chris Brady

Goodreader is the best PDF reader that I know of.

As for games, well, I'm going to list my favourites, as I have no idea what your tastes are, and Word of Warning: I am a fan of the 'Premium' experience, in other words I don't generally do the Free To Play game, simply because they often aren't.

So, as a Fantasy Fan: I love the Infinity Blade series, all of them are good.  Warhammer Quest which is based off the old 1995 board game is also an amazing game.  Battleheart: Legacy, a Diablo styled game with a sense of humour.  Mage Gauntlet or Wayward Souls, both by RocketCat which are damn good, and both are actually tied into the same universe.

There's a website called 'TouchArcade' which deals with all sorts of tablet and phone game discussions.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Stella

The best game I ever downloaded for iPad (and the only one I still have on there) is Weebl's Russian Dancing Men. It's hilarious.

'Documents' is a very good program for writing. It's free and it has a lot of nice features.

himawari

well from my friends, i downloaded Love Live, Jukebeats...those tapping music games. Kairosoft games.

ohhhh THE WOLF AMONG US! ahaha.

looking for games like candy crush but not candy crush kind. ahaha.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

apygoos

funny i see this thread when i happen upon this article..on geek.com of all places.
http://www.geek.com/news/fleshlight-builds-an-ipad-you-can-bang-1597994/

Chris Brady

If you want Candy Crush Saga styled games...  I have Spirit Stones which is pretty good, without it being CCS.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 12, 2014, 01:32:01 PM
If you want Candy Crush Saga styled games...  I have Spirit Stones which is pretty good, without it being CCS.

I liked CCS till I read about the antics the publisher has pursued to get a trademark on 'Candy' in all games.