Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

First round of approval letters are being sent out, we will be setting up threads and giving others a chance to fill in sheets. (Don't PM us when yours is coming, our inbox are overflowing!)

This game will be starting in Diagon Alley before the school term starts.

As for start date, most likely Sunday Night/Monday to give you guys an idea. We still need to get wands out to the returning students and do some other random GM stuff.

Haloriel

Righto, Mister GM Guy.  8-)  I have to say I'm still pretty stunned at the amount of interest.  Congrats on your interest check? Heh.

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 03:17:35 PM
First round of approval letters are being sent out, we will be setting up threads and giving others a chance to fill in sheets. (Don't PM us when yours is coming, our inbox are overflowing!)

This game will be starting in Diagon Alley before the school term starts.

As for start date, most likely Sunday Night/Monday to give you guys an idea. We still need to get wands out to the returning students and do some other random GM stuff.

Nadir

I can't pick whether I want to be a first-y or a second year... hhmn.

Jag

Quote from: Eden on January 04, 2012, 03:22:34 PM
I can't pick whether I want to be a first-y or a second year... hhmn.

*whispers into hir ear*

...first-y...

>.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nadir

Jag

*giggles and snuggles the Eden*

Haibane

Forgive me for having given up reading the books after the 5th one and watching the films after the 4th one.... but the game is set after the events of the books, yes? In which year/how soon after?

And if I don't know the Potter-lore after Half-Blood Prince, is that a problem?

Also, please, what is 'tagging'?

Kendra

we have a timeline in the wiki Haibane which gives all the details about what has transpired since the second wizarding war.
There is also a link to the time line for Harry Potter to be found there ;)
we're in 2012 - ingame as well as real life  ;)

we thought to keep it as much away from the actual events that occurred and any of the canon characters children attending Hogarts again

tagging is basically the system we use to post
in the other game we've co. gm'd we found it very helpful when there are so many in a few threads.
it is basically something like this ...  (taken from camp jupiter)

Name / occupation: Arturius Smythe / healer / npc
Camp / Parent / C or UC: Roman / Apollo / claimed
Tagged: Lilly and Jin

not knowing stuff from the books is fine Hai - totally ;)
we're here to help out with anything but we've covered as much as we thought every one needed in the wiki
with more to follow  >:)

now the pub is calling me for a seriously well deserved pint or two

g'nite all <3

Nadir

Where would that tag thing be posted? In the body of the in-game post?

Aiden

Quote from: Eden on January 04, 2012, 03:39:17 PM
Where would that tag thing be posted? In the body of the in-game post?

Correct, at the top works best normally. Here is a link to a group of people interacting. We will provide the code, you guys just need to fill out your name, location and people interacting.

This will help keep order when you are in a major thread like The Main thread of Diagon Alley moving along to a shop so people can know who is interacting with them or seeking them out.

Example

Nadir

Blaed

That seems like it would work rather well, better if this takes off like it seems to be. With 30 or more people inside of one room it would be hard to keep track of where everyone is.

Haibane

Quote from: Kendra on January 04, 2012, 03:36:43 PM
we have a timeline in the wiki Haibane which gives all the details about what has transpired since the second wizarding war.
There is also a link to the time line for Harry Potter to be found there ;)
Thanks, though I did ask because it's not clear from your timeline when the HP books ended. I had seen that your timeline begins in 1999, is that the year of the last J.K. Rowling book? Or do the books end before then? My main question is how many years have passed since the end of the books?

Jag

Don't the books end in May of 1998? It's been a while since I looked at exact dates for Harry Potter.

Blaed

I just looked up the timeline and yes, the books ended in May 1998. (Other then that little bit of story where everyone brings there kids to the train heading to Hogwarts, that happens on Sep 1, 2017)

Here is the link

Aiden

Michi, Good eye we will shift the timeline to start in 1998, since Voldermort did die that year in May.

Quote from: Haibane on January 04, 2012, 03:57:27 PM
Thanks, though I did ask because it's not clear from your timeline when the HP books ended. I had seen that your timeline begins in 1999, is that the year of the last J.K. Rowling book? Or do the books end before then? My main question is how many years have passed since the end of the books?

The books end in 1998. 14 years have passed since the books ended.

Most (Students)  characters would not even be aware of a Wizard War except from stories from their parents and their history course in the Ministry later at the start of their education.

Naj- We are overlooking that last chapter that happens in 2017 for the sake of THIS game.  XD

Blaed

I thought so, but I was just putting that in there since that was the last post in the timeline of the books. That way the question was the raise later why it was not starting off in 2017 :P

Jag

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 04:06:03 PM
Michi, Good eye we will shift the timeline to start in 1998, since Voldermort did die that year in May.

My obsessiveness about my fandoms comes in handy from rare time to rare time. *nods*

I don't want to be picky, but I keep re-reading the wiki and one thing keeps poking at me. Just a little thing.

QuoteWith the inclusion of Dragonlore thanks mainly in part to Bill Weasley to the school curriculum...

Charlie Weasley was the Dragon expert and Bill was a...uh...Curse Breaker (I think) in Egypt mostly.

*covers her head in hopes not to be beaten with newspapers or broomsticks*

Zealously Jaded

I think it was Charlie Weasley that was the dragon expert.

Amelita

-takes a moment to love on Michi-

alright, on to edit my char sheets hehe.

Wow this game is gonna be huge!

If anybody feels like plotting, PM me!

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Haloriel

It was Charlie, and Bill was the Curse Breaker whom ended up married to Fleur.  8-)

bubby

*Gets dizzy at the bigness and slips off to work*

Aiden

Alright! Wiki edited.

Timeline issue fixed
Proper Weasely given credit for the Dragon Nursery.  XD

Haibane

Thanks to everyone who helped with the timeline stuff. It makes it easier for me to place my girls age and family affairs against the end of the war and events leading up to it.

I have my char sheet done now but if anyone wants to befriend or hate her or otherwise forge links with her at the Ministry school, feel free to PM me with ideas.

Zealously Jaded

From the characters I've read so far this is going to be interesting!