Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Ah.. I recall the opening of ZG and the three day pandemic courtesy of some asshats in IF/SW.. I logged on and at the time no one saw IF dead like that.

ferrousaemyr

Quote from: Zakharra on June 14, 2010, 12:31:33 AM
I play WoW. Sentinels server, US. Both Alliance and Hordeside.

Sentinels! I used to play there. :O

Do you remember "The Legendary Sisterhood"?

And how's Sentinels doing, by the by?

ferrousaemyr

Quote from: elliedark on June 18, 2010, 07:12:57 AM
Meeting stones have always been there, but originally they did NOTHING! You stood around them and hopped someone else came by and clicked on it, because you couldn't just ask them to join.

I had actually forgotten FPs didn't connect and it always bothered the hell out of me when I need to fly from Moonglade (go go gadget Moonglade TP! =P) to Silithus for AQ because you had to stop at Feathermoon first! So I'd hop on the 15 minute flight, and go occupy my time and come back to find myself afk in Feralas x.x  Speaking of AQ40, THE TWIN EMPERORS ARE STILL THE HARDEST GOD DAMN FIGHT IN THE GAME! I was so sick of yelling at the ONE GUY who would accidentally hit one of them after they switched and wipe 20+ people. Bah, comparatively speaking, all of the dungeons are harder then their counterparts imo. Hell, remember when you actually had to be keyed for something? Know what it's like being an officer and having to get people keyed? I do, oh I could never forget >.< It was fun though. Now it's just laughable. Everything is. You look at someone's gear and it means nothing because you can get full T in a day, an old guildie of mine did it TWICE. Back in the day, you saw someone in full T1 or T2 and they were a badass (7/8 T1 and 5/8 T2, /flex) and in PvP if you saw a paladin in full T2 with a Hand of Rag, you turned around and ran away, far away and prayed he never caught you!

Insert up hill and snow where appropriate. =P I hate to say it, but I actually miss running MC until 2 AM on a school night. I still have my finkel's skinner, my AQ mounts, my ony hide cloak (not the pattern any more sadly), my ony hide BAG, and so much more that I can't remember because I haven't logged on in about 6 months.

I wished I had ended up getting farther when I originally started back in '05 - I didn't even make it to level 50 before quitting until '06, and by then a lot had already changed. The old-school raids were really challenging, but the logistics of getting that many players together are pretty staggering.

It could make for a really fun community with that many people, but as a guild and raid leader now, that would be kind of stressful to have to keep track of so many people and balance everything between them. But then there were class leaders back then, too, weren't there?

Anony Mouse

I hope they remake the BG's to make them more involved, not that I don't enjoy the occasional cluster-f**k but it gets repetitive. PVP will most likely be my most favorite aspect of the game. I play a rogue, go figure.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 21, 2010, 01:08:14 AM
Ah.. I recall the opening of ZG and the three day pandemic courtesy of some asshats in IF/SW.. I logged on and at the time no one saw IF dead like that.

Ah yes, the great plague of 1910, they call it.

ferrousaemyr

Quote from: Anony Mouse on June 22, 2010, 03:26:21 AM
I hope they remake the BG's to make them more involved, not that I don't enjoy the occasional cluster-f**k but it gets repetitive. PVP will most likely be my most favorite aspect of the game. I play a rogue, go figure.

PvP's always been my favorite aspect of the game; I'm rolling Warlock now.

Lyell

Dwarven Paladin Tank, Alliance
Sparkfist Aerie Peak

Been a pally tank since release and I made it work while it was still 'undoable' and 'hardmode.' Gave up getting into ICC. Too many achievement required 'pro' puggers and no guilds wanting to take me in.

- P.S. I never fight sober.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

aya

Heh, I used to play a lot but I recently just quit. After I got Kingslayer a few weeks ago I decided it was time to take another break :P

Saerrael

I play on an EU realm called the Sha'tar (PVE-RP). I have.. eehm. Let me think.
Belf Rogue lvl 80 pvp subt/ pve combat
Belf Priest lvl 80 pve disc/ pve holy (raiding gear)
Belf Mage lvl 80 pve arcane / pve fire
Belf Hunter lvl 80 pvp BM/ pve MM
Belf Paladin lvl 80 pve Ret/ pve Holy
Belf Warlock lvl 80 pvp Aff/ pve Destro
Belf DK lvl 80 pve dps Unholy/ pve tanking Frost
Nelf Druid lvl 80 pve Balance/ pve Restro

And a lvl 37 (I think) Belf hunter pve MM that is for RPing only >.>

Cardwolf

Level 70 Priest on Akuma, I quit during BC...sure I enjoyed it, but playing on Dial up gets old quickly I now have high speed...theres a 5GB data usage limit per month...I'm not playing WoW anymore...and now that I look it I doubt I will again.
Hell I loved Pre-BC...I mean everything was perfect then, when you got to sixty it was an achievement...now it's like oh my character is level 80 in two days....what a joke.  My cousin literally has shown me videos of how to get a character from 1-almost sixty in five to six hours...involves recruit a friend, auto follow and a level 80 speed runner.

Yeah, too much in WoW got changed for the little 6-10 or the senior citizens that play it and complain it's too much to keep up with.  Personally I say they dumbed it down to a point where it's just like...what is this...This is not the WoW I know!...only thing they are keeping right is pvp

Smoothtrooperette

Sevanick(Human pally), Eilatis(Nelf Huntard), Ranjiesu(Belf Priestess) all from Ravenholdt...  Reporting in.

ferrousaemyr

Quote from: Smoothtrooperette on June 27, 2010, 04:59:17 AM
Sevanick(Human pally), Eilatis(Nelf Huntard), Ranjiesu(Belf Priestess) all from Ravenholdt...  Reporting in.

It's sad that you can meet a dozen people from a dozen different servers and never get to play with them.

Ramael

Quote from: Anael on June 27, 2010, 11:55:32 AM
It's sad that you can meet a dozen people from a dozen different servers and never get to play with them.

Isn't it just?

Quote from: Saerra on June 26, 2010, 10:39:48 PM
I play on an EU realm called the Sha'tar (PVE-RP). I have..[Loads of hard characters]

Ooh! Another Euro! How many [read:few] of us are there?! I started a topic devoted to EU WoW heads, but it seems we're rather thin on the ground :(

Zakharra

Quote from: Lyell on June 22, 2010, 11:26:42 AM
Dwarven Paladin Tank, Alliance
Sparkfist Aerie Peak

Been a pally tank since release and I made it work while it was still 'undoable' and 'hardmode.' Gave up getting into ICC. Too many achievement required 'pro' puggers and no guilds wanting to take me in.

- P.S. I never fight sober.

Well.. duh! You're a dwarf!  what dwarf goes into a fight sober?  ;D

Saerrael

Quote from: Ramael on July 16, 2010, 12:11:01 PM
Isn't it just?

Ooh! Another Euro! How many [read:few] of us are there?! I started a topic devoted to EU WoW heads, but it seems we're rather thin on the ground :(

Give us a link?

masternater

Quote from: aya on June 26, 2010, 08:26:10 PM
Heh, I used to play a lot but I recently just quit. After I got Kingslayer a few weeks ago I decided it was time to take another break :P

Right on, see you when new content drops.

80 Mage on Moonguard; only a few heroic mods left on 25icc.

Ramael

Lithos

I do play on EU wow, at earthern ring server. Been on break now at summer months after grinding ICC to boredom. My horde pally ass is still there though - and will most likely be back later.

Admittedly I am a bit one dimensional in class choice... I have another lvl 80 horde pally at scarshield legion EU, and lvl 80 alliance paladin in Suramar US. So I am actually represented in both regions ^^
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Teno

EU here too, recently moved to DMF, though still have alts on The Maelstrom and Sunstrider. Had the game since Dire Maul was added, and still never had a max level character (I blame altohol).

Saerrael

TheGlyphstone

Couple of Ally toons (primary Shaman) on Malfurion, right now I'm levelling a Blood Elf Mage on Scilla.

Or at least, I was, till the hackers got a hold of it yesterday morning. Now I'm in limbo until Blizzard gets back to me - they had control for about 3 hours till "I" got slapped with an account suspension for economy abuse. I can't log in, so I don't know what the damage is, but I hope they can do a rollback or something.

ferrousaemyr

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 18, 2010, 05:14:21 PM
Couple of Ally toons (primary Shaman) on Malfurion, right now I'm levelling a Blood Elf Mage on Scilla.

Or at least, I was, till the hackers got a hold of it yesterday morning. Now I'm in limbo until Blizzard gets back to me - they had control for about 3 hours till "I" got slapped with an account suspension for economy abuse. I can't log in, so I don't know what the damage is, but I hope they can do a rollback or something.

! Wow, what are the odds - I'm Alliance on Malfurion, too.

Sad to hear about the hacking, though. We recently had a guildie who got hacked and raided part of the guild bank. It only took about a week or so to get everything restored, but still, it sucks hardcore.

Wolfy

Still play on Proudmoore..still part of "The Family of Stonewall"..o3o

Aiden

Arghhh I should shop for a new guild...Arthas The guild breaker   >:(

Blitzy

*Smiles.*

I've only been playing a couple months but I have a 63 Priest, a 63 Hunter, and about a dozen other lower chars scattered across Garona (which is my main server) and Ghostlands.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.