INTEREST CHECK: Who framed Roger Rabbit (esque) type of game.

Started by drezdock, December 09, 2011, 04:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn Hood

I think this actually sums it up nicely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir

Maybe the Blade Runner comparison would strike a cord with most people here?

But quite honestly I'm okay with your original suggestion as well. I'm fairly flexible in the matters of setting and plot as long as its interesting and story based.

drezdock

@Charliep85. Sure make a character and jump in, I am still in the process of getting things all ironed out and situated.

@Robyn / capone: Thanks for the info. It seems noir tends to focus on one central character, and since I am going for a more ensemble type of feel, I'm not sure I could pull it off. I think I'll stick with my original idea for now and try to develop it from there, unless anything amazing comes to mind of course! ;-p

Laughing Hyena

Really makes me wonder what other toon girls and guys will show...

jilorbb

It seems as if we are weak on human females and obviously cartoonish males, so I made one of each. I would be more than happy to play either of them, or both if you would allow someone to play multiple characters...

Name: Edina Santana
Sex and Gender: Female
Race: Human
Orientation: pansexual, leans toward heterosexual relationships....
Height: 5'9
Weight: 186
General Physical Description: Edi has caramel skin and chestnut hair but her eyes are a striking display of central heterochromia from honey-brown to a jade-like green.

Personal Information

Personality: shrewd, honest (sometimes brutally so), generally kind-hearted but slow to trust.
Hobbies: reading anything from crime dramas to fantasy to smutty romance, sewing her own clothes,  she also spends a lot of her time on forum sites role playing.
Skills: She can sing extremely well but lacks the confidence to do so in public, she learned hand-to-hand combat as a means of self-defense but is rusty in that she's never had to resort to it.
Occupation: Edi currently works as a PR liaison and lawyer for the toons in her city.

Name: Jonathan Fairstream
Race: Toon (anime-style)
Orientation: Mostly asexual, doesn't get aroused often but holds no preference otherwise.
Height: 5'8
Weight: 129lbs
General Physical Description:

Personal Information

Personality: Jon is friendly when engaged, though not very outgoing. He tends to be quite serious most of the time, but he can slip into roles (as needed) and act in almost any manner. At home, he surrounds himself with quiet comforts, such as fine teas and a few affectionate cats. He feels very alone most of the time and is quite a lonely person, regardless of how happy he might normally seem.
Hobbies: astrology and astronomy, watching television, charity work, collecting feathers and plush toys...
Skills: playing the piano, ballroom dance, theatrical magic and acting (though he doesn't consider the movie he is famous for to be such a good example of his talent)
Occupation: Jon is an actor between jobs, at the moment. He was chosen to play the namesake role in Howl's Moving Castle and it was just iconic enough to have him be recognized and keep him out of most work (for fear of being "type-cast"), but not famous enough that everyone knows him wherever he goes. He makes appearances at conventions and happily signs autographs if asked.

drezdock

Sorry about the delay on my end. The semester ended recently, which meant finals. After which I had to move into a new apartment, and then hopped a 16 hour bus ride home to spend the holidays with my family. So, all this aside, hopefully I will be back and able to post on a steady schedule once more after the new year... prolly sometime mid january. Until then, I will prolly be posting sporadically at best. Sorry for any inconvenience! :-)

Chrystal

OOOH Dabbling in water colours?

This is SO very tempting.

I am torn between playing my all-time favourite cartoon villain,

My second all time favourite cartoon villain,

Or a female character who shares my orientation:

(The rumours that she got it on with Shaggy are totally unfounded, anyway Shaggy is into canines!)

So, which would people prefer: The rootinest, tootinest shootinest bad guy North , South, East AND West of the Pecos, the genius who can't even catch a bird and has developed a pathalogical fear of heights but comes up with some fantastic methods for not doing so, or the geek chick who is great at solving mysteries?

(Perhaps I should play all three, or would that be greedy?)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

JackWhite

I'm totally taking Bugs

Name: Bugs Bunny
Race: Toon
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height:6'1 with the ears

Personality: Playful, trying no to get killed
Skills: Playing hide & seek

Chrystal

Oh great, now there's bugs in the system.....

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Drezdock, please pick one, two or all three?

Yosemite Sam

Name: Yosemite Sam
Orientation: Bi - too long spent in lonely frontier cabins panning for gold with no women anywhere!
Height: 3'
Weight: (Uh, he's a toon, do toons weigh anything? Not unless they look down!)
General Physical Description: Short, red hair big bushy eyebrows, moustache and beard. Wears typical "Western" outfit including a HUGE stetson, and a "Lone Ranger" style black mask - supposedly to hide his identity...? Carries two self reloading six-guns.

Personal Information

Personality: Short tempered, sarcastic, not very bright. Has a deep seated loathing of a certain Rabbit...
Hobbies: Robbing banks, holding up trains, having shoot-outs with the guy in the white hat.
Skills: The rootinest, tootinest, shootinest bad guy, East, South, West AAAAAND North of the Pecos!

Wil-e Coyote
Name: Wil-e Coyote
Race: Toon (Coyote)
Orientation: Straight
Height: 4' 6"
Weight: none unless he looks down, then apparently several tons!
General Physical Description: Anthropomorphic Coyote. Brown fur, long ears, long nose, big feet, mid length floofy tail

Personal Information

Personality: Has a very over-rated opinion of himself. Also has the worst luck in the universe and a pathological fear of falling. Tends to speak by writing on sign boards, but does have a very cultured voice.
Hobbies: Trying to catch a roadrunner. Will also go after small fury mammals, if he underestimates them.
Skills: Very good at putting together booby-traps. The fact that they always backfire on him is not his fault!

Velma Dinkley
Name: Velma Dinkley
Orientation: Lesbian (rumours to the contrary)
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 156 Lbs (slightly overweight for her height)
General Physical Description: Short (for a human) and chubby, with a boyish haircut, freckles and thick rimmed "geek" glasses. Velma tends to wear loose, concealing clothes, but under them you can bet she has a body that is really something.

Personal Information

Personality: Tends to be shy and reserved, but when she is with people she knows she will come out of her shell a little. Unlike the coyote, who only thinks he's a genius, Velma genuinely has an IQ of 200.
Hobbies: Solving mysteries, wishing she had the guts to tell Daphne how she really feels...
Skills: Is excellent at finding clues, piecing together evidence, and logical deduction.