In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisOneGal

Alright, so, this is my response to my interpretation of your question. I may be misinterpreting.

Hmm. That will depend on the GM, I think. 'Buying' infomorphs has always been a bit of a weird bit in the rules.

Quoteif I pay the refresh point for an infomorph, can I just swap to that after dying and hang around as an e-ghost until I can get another body?

I suspect no; buying an Infomorph would represent buying the hardware/server space necessary to run one indefinitely. So if you bought it, you'd be running around with your fury and an infomorph version of you at the same time (and the infomorph would be restricted to the Mesh). You'd also have to merge and fork regularly to keep yourself updated about, well, yourself. Keep them separated for too long and they become different people (two years is the legal limit in the outer system, normally). Then again, running forks is kinda illegal in the inner system, and that's what running around with both and infomorph and a fury would be.

TL;DR: I wouldn't try doing it at this point.

Quotecan I just swap to that after dying and hang around as an e-ghost until I can get another body

Kinda? If you want to go straight from dead to being an infomorph with no discontinuity, then no, that's not how infomorphs work. The you that was in the fury is dead. At that point, you're just a file on your cortical stack. Once we have something to run you on, you get to be an infomorph for free, but you don't get to go straight from dead in a fury to hanging out as a digital ghost.

Analogy: If someone smashed the computer you.exe was running on, we have to recover the file and run it on something else (or failing that, find an old copy). You.exe can't seamlessly transition to running on another machine.

The closest you could get to that would be an Emergency Neutrino Broadcaster, but that won't transition you 'consciously'; that basically sends the latest saved version of you off to a server somewhere, where you still have to be 'woken up'.

TL;DR, TL;DR: If you die, you're out of the action until you can be made not-dead.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Alias/Name: Krysta

High Concept Aspect: Bodyguard and Protector

Trouble Aspect: Hero Complex

Other Aspect 1 / Other Aspect 2: Lead by the Heart, Loyal to a Fault

Morph 1: Futanari Fury

Morph 2: Too Sexy For Her Own Good

Skills: 25 Skill Points to spend, per Fate Core, capped at +4. Distribute at will!

+4: Shoot
+3: Athletics, Civ Rep, Somatics
+2: Credit, Eye Rep, Fight, Notice,
+1: Provoke, Rapport, Willpower, X-Risks

Fury Morph (Free Fury Stunt: Reflex Boosters)

Non-Lethal Combat - Gain a +2 on Fight actions when fighting to subdue your opponent, be it in hand-to-hand or with less-lethal weapons like eelware implants and shock batons

Brave - You don’t scare easily, and will face threats, intimidation, and certain bodily harm without flinching. You gain +2 with rolling to defend against intimidation and similar manipulation.

Muse: Krysta's Muse is named Smiley, a floating yellow smiley face.  He has Infosec +2 and Investigate +1.

Kinks: Krysta is really only interested in females, and does a terrible job at attempting any sorts of actual relationships.  None of that seriously affects her lusts, though, and most people who end up with her understand that a serious relationship isn't going to form as a result.

Sometimes, though, she likes to play around.  The System is a serious and unforgiving place in her experience, and the chance to escape into fantasy (dressing up, dominatrices, etc.) can be fun and stress-relieving.

Background

Krysta has an interesting perspective on pain.  She's died a total of seven times, and remembers each one in detail.  Two of those were a desire to see what a particular experience was like: suffocating in the vacuum of space and falling from a tremendous height.

It's not something that most people are willing to deal with, but her acceptance of it makes her a valuable commodity in a system where the only safety comes from the sweat and toil of those willing to accept and deal with pain.

Her existence tends to be that of a bodyguard, dying to keep others alive.  The pay tends to be very good, you make all kinds of friends, and she gets to experience a part of existence that most people aren't willing to handle.  Does it make her crazy that she considers that fun?

Anyone who spends more than a few days with her soon learns that she's impeccably loyal.  Death has no permanence anymore, but the bonds of one's word and the value of credits all maintain a strong power in the current age.  She gets leery of people who don't retrieve her Cortical Stack, but it never stops her from getting the job done, whatever that may be.

The sharp contrast to the loyalty of spoken words is her capricious heart, and any who spend the night with her should understand that her passion burns brightly but can fade just as quickly.  After a few failed attempts at romance, she's learned that she just can't maintain any sort of natural relationship, and often finds herself between the legs of anyone who catches her eye and shows interest in the pleasure that two bodies can share.

Of all the morphs she's tried out, her favorite is that of a Fury with a Futanari aspect.  Not only does she feel uncomfortable with the bulk and size of a male form, but the excessive amounts of testosterone cause the known problems of hyper-aggression which are beyond her control.  By contrast, while female bodies feel comfortable enough, sex in them just doesn't seem to be quite as enjoyable in her experience as when she's futanari.

Let me know if I missed anything.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Kunoichi

Based on the wording of the Reflex Boosters stunt, I think that it's likely to overlap with the Non-Lethal Combat stunt in pretty much all situations. ^^; Perhaps another fitting stunt to take in its place might be Situational Awareness, listed under the Notice skill on page 32?  That seems like one that would be pretty fitting for a bodyguard to have.

Also, the bit in your background about having died a lot and not being all that bothered by it seems like it might be better if properly reflected as an aspect.  Perhaps your high concept could be altered to 'Loyal Bodyguard and Protector', and then other aspect 2 could revolve around your frequent run-ins with death?

The in-universe nickname for people who die and get resleeved a lot is 'Phoenix', which seems like it could be the basis for a nice aspect name.

ThisOneGal

Looks good. ^^

A few notes:

You may want to reformat/organize it when you get a chance. I can do that for you if you want. I suggest this mostly 'cause I obsess over layout design. :P
You should probably note down that you have 3 Refresh remaining.
For your Non-Lethal Combat and Brave stunts, you may want to note what skill their associated with for ease of reference.
Your Morph stunt isn't so much a free stunt as it is one you have to buy in order to get the morph. It's only a semantic difference though.
I've read 'Futanari Fury' so many times now it's starting to look weird. :P

Background looks good. Some things that may be of interest:

> She gets leery of people who don't retrieve her Cortical Stack
In the fiction, losing your stack is something that really freaks people out. There's the immediate discontinuity/lack where you don't have the memories that were stored on it, but there's also the (horrifyingly legitimate) fear that it wasn't recovered because someone stole it and is now doing horrible things to that version of you. Whether it be TITANS doing something, or some creepy pervert torturing you, or just someone trying to steal all your passwords so they can take all your stuff. That's a crime known as forknapping and is pretty much a 'hunt you down and kill every last version of you' sort of crime everywhere.
So her being kinda 'eh' about losing stacks would be seen as highly unusual. You don't need to change this, but it could be something worth exploring.

> She's died a total of seven times, and remembers each one in detail.  Two of those were a desire to see what a particular experience was like
This is actually totally a thing in the setting. It can get waaay weirder and creepy.

> Does it make her crazy that she considers that fun?
Most in the inner system will thing you're crazy, but outer system types will probably get along just fine with you. Especially the Scum. Hmm. Honestly, she would probably be right at home on a Scum barge. You could steal stuff from the Scum Enforcer pregen in the core rulebook if you wanted. You should also probably explain why you're on Mars, or at least think about it.

You no longer have a note explaining why you would be recruited by Firewall. Should probably put that back in. :P

Kunochi's advice is good. ^^

IIRC, stunt bonuses do stack, but it's boring to stack them a whole bunch. I'd recommend taking Medichines or Armor instead.

AndyZ

Thank you both ^_^

I do like both the Reflexes and the non-lethal, though I can remove one if the GM prefers.  Situational Awareness would probably be a good one also, and then I'm down to 2 refresh.

Good to know that Phoenix is something that's already been considered, but I have no idea how that Aspect would be applied.

The question of whether it makes her crazy was more rhetorical ^_^ She doesn't get off on it per se, but someone has to do it.

I hadn't even really considered the forknapping idea.  I was more thinking that someone could betray her and then kill her without retrieving the stack to erase the memory of it.

I'll put up the next update later.

ThisOneGal

Hmm, just noticed, Wander: with +0 Willpower and +0 Somatics, you're only going to have 2-stress for your Ego and Morph stress tracks, which means you are going to be super squishy.

wander

Some notes about having Infomorph and a second morph... I think you could if having an infomorph as your primary morph not need to have an Ego running in any more Morphs you have extra. I always saw the secondary Morphs as options to sleeve into, like a purchase made at a body bank ready and waiting for when you need it. Of course as an infomorph you're restricted to the Mesh, but if someone had a Ghostrider Module, you could ride along in their brain.

As for my character's stress boxes, yeah I noticed. I'm gonna edit it now. I won't be buying Willpower or Somatics to replace anything as I'm pretty happy concept-wise with what I have now. Consider my character the 'Rogue/Thief' of the party... Stealthy but squishy. ^^;

Aylinas

Suppose I'll throw my idea in here.

Alias/Name: Rosalyn Fischer(2)

High Concept Aspect:
Socialite turned Pit Fighter

Trouble Aspect:
Lost my Soul to Nine Lives

Other Aspects:
Graduated the School of Hard Knocks
Resents the Careless Social Elite

Skills:
+4 Fight, Athletics
+3 Willpower, Somatics
+2 Infiltrate, Shoot, Notice
+1 Deceive, Kinesics, Provoke, Civ Rep, Cover

Unassuming Fury:
Aspects:
Loves to do a violence
Doesn't initially look tough

Stunts:
Reflex Boosters
Enhanced Senses
Armor

Ego Stunt:
Ignore Pain:  Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate consequence that’s physical in nature to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether.

2 Refresh

Muse: Tiny Chibi Librarian
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec

Background:
Once a high-class socialite, Rosalyn enjoyed a privileged lifestyle and spent most of her time seeking out various forms of entertainment.   Her dalliances on mars eventually took her to explore Olympus, hearing of the shadowy world of illegal pit fighting.   Drawn by the "romance and mystique" of the underworld fights, she got herself a cheap morph and decided to join in a fight. 

As one might expect, the fight went bad.   Painfully, humiliatingly bad.  Rosalyn immediately withdrew from the fighting leagues and left for home.   Naturally, seeing a spoiled brat being pummeled to death in a fighting ring was a huge hit with the crowds.  Since Rosalyn had trusted the owners of the pit fights (Nine Lives) with her ego bridging, they retained a copy of her and decided: "Hey, we're an untouchable criminal organization, let's just stuff a copy of her in a morph and have her fight for us more!  She'll be a big hit!"

And so they did.   With no home to go to and effectively being owned by Nine Lives, Rosalyn(2) had little choice but to get used to a new life of fighting and dying... a lot.   Five years later, she's gotten quite good at fighting and body swapping, at the cost of any hope and any shred of her previously cheerful personality.  Firewall eventually contacted her as a need for a good body-swapper/enforcer came up.  She took the out immediately and was provided with a fury morph and a place in the slums.  Granted, she was forced to join a street gang to get by since her only real skill is pummeling people, but she's learned to swallow these sorts of things.

wander

I need to find a sweeter pic for my character... I'll have to check Gelbooru later, the ladies are outdoing me here! xD

Nice character Aylinas, I'm sure the others will check her over, though I noticed you haven't placed any Morph traits in yet. Oh and you seem down 1 skill point from the pyramid you have, seems like you have 24 skill pts, though I'm currently sleepy... ^^;

Righto, catnapping and checking back in later. :)

Kunoichi

Yep, you can get an extra skill at +1, and you get two Morph Aspects and your Fury morph also comes with some extra morph traits.

I think the character application form needs a bit more work. ^^;

ThisOneGal

QuoteEgo Stunt:
Like an Animal:  Once per session can ignore physical stress for 4 rounds during combat.

I'm not sure about that stunt. I don't see anything like it in the FATE Core rules or the EP Playtest, and it seems really powerful.

The closest I can find is:

Physique: Tough as Nails. Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate consequence that’s physical in nature to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether.

Physique: Take the Blow. You can use Physique to defend against Fight attacks made with fists or blunt instruments, though you always take 1 shift of stress on a tie.

Morph: Armor. Every sentinel wears some type of body armor, even if it's just armored street clothing or a vac suit, but you're a tank. In physical conflicts, you declare invulnerable defense against an attack in physical conflict once per session.

"Ignore physical stress" is kind of nonsensical; stress does not actually do anything, so ignoring it does nothing. If you mean 'don't take stress' that is ludicrously overpowered. "For 4 rounds" is not language that is found anywhere else in the FATE rules; bonuses/penalties are either single use or persistent, not timed.

I'd recommend using Physique: Tough as Nails from the FATE Core rules instead (renaming it if you want). This would allow you to 'push through' the pain and keep going.
Alternatively, something like 'Once per session, spend a Fate point to ignore consequences for one turn.' This would also allow you to 'push through' the pain, but it lets you push through all of the pain, but doesn't make the pain go away.
The former better represents someone who can take more of a beating than people expect, the latter better represents someone who's still very dangerous when nearly defeated.

ThisOneGal

Alright, here's the code to create what is basically the layout I used.

Example

Info

HandleXXX
NameXXX
FactionOptional
Background  Optional
RefreshXXX

Aspects

High Concept  XXX
TroubleXXX
Other 1XXX
Other 2XXX

Skills
25 points to spend.
+4
+3
+2
+1

Stunts
Need at least 1 Ego stunt.
Must spend at least 2 Refresh.
Must have at least 1 Refresh remaining.
Ego
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

AspectsCore Aspect; Detail Aspect
TraitsXXX
Custom TraitsThree free, optional
StuntsXXX
DurabilityXXX
Stress BoxesXXX
RefreshXXX
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  XXX

Muse
Name XXX
+2 Skill
+1 Skill
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by Willpower)
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by the lower of Somatics/Durability)
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Moderate Consequence (4)  ---
Major Consequence (6)---

Kinks

[float=right][img]*URL goes here*[/img][/float]
[b][u]Info[/u][/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Handle[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Name[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Faction[/b][/td][td]Optional[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Background  [/b][/td][td]Optional[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Refresh[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b][u]Aspects[/u][/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]High Concept  [/b][/td][td][i]XXX[/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Trouble[/b][/td][td][i]XXX[/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Other 1[/b][/td][td][i]XXX[/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Other 2[/b][/td][td][i]XXX[/i][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]
25 points to spend.
[b]+4[/b]
[b]+3[/b]
[b]+2[/b]
[b]+1[/b]

[b][u]Stunts[/u][/b]
Need at least 1 Ego stunt.
Must spend at least 2 Refresh.
Must have at least 1 Refresh remaining.
[b]Ego[/b]
[b]Refresh[/b]
[b]Refresh[/b]
[b]Refresh[/b]
[b]Refresh[/b]
[b]Refresh[/b]

[b][u]Morph[/u][/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Aspects[/b][/td][td][i]Core Aspect[/i]; [i]Detail Aspect[/i][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Traits[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Custom Traits[/b][/td][td]Three free, optional[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Stunts[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Durability[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Stress Boxes[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Refresh[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Cred/Civ Rep Cost  [/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b][u]Muse[/u][/b]
[b]Name[/b] XXX
[b]+2[/b] Skill
[b]+1[/b] Skill
[b]Stress Boxes[/b] 2-Stress

[b][u]Background[/u][/b]

[spoiler=Stress and Consequences]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Ego Stress[/b][/td][td]1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by Willpower)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Morph Stress[/b][/td][td]1[ ] 2[ ] (Increased by the [i]lower[/i] of Somatics/Durability)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Muse Stress[/b][/td][td]1[ ] 2[ ][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Mild Consequence (2)[/b][/td][td]---[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Moderate Consequence (4)  [/b][/td][td]---[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Major Consequence (6)[/b][/td][td]---[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Kinks[/u][/b]

ThisOneGal

Just for fun, here's everyone.

Red (ThisOneGal)

Info

HandleRed
NameJun Lai
FactionNone
Background  Lost
Refresh2

Aspects

High Concept  Fugitive Async Assassin
TroubleYou'd Be Messed Up Too
LoyaltyBecause Fuck Cognite
OtherThe Lost Were The Future, Once

Skills
+4 Deceive (+2), Willpower
+3 Athletics, Infiltrate, Kinesics
+2 Hardware, Medicine, Notice (+2)
+1 Investigate (+1), Provoke, Somatics, Shoot

Stunts
Ego 2 Skill Points
Ego Psi-Gamma Psychic Stab
Ego Psi-Gamma Sensory Boost
Ego Psi-Gamma Subliminal
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

AspectsOriginal Futura; Liar, Liar
TraitsEssential Biomorph Traits, Mnemonic Augmentation, Stigma (Lost)
Custom TraitsBodysculpting, Environmental Adaptation (Cold), Environmental Adaptation (Thin Atmosphere)
StuntsAttraction (Deceive)
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-Stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Great (+3)

Muse
Name Sudo
+2 Infosec
+1 Investigate
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Gear
* Everyday tech (smart vac clothing, utilitool, specs)
* Assistant bot (creepy or servitor)
* Light pistol, a variety of grenades/mines.

Background
* A member of the Lost Generation.
* Taken into Cognite custody.
* Converted into an Async assassin.
* Escaped with assistance from Firewall.
* Her 'day job' is as an exotic prostitute; Futura morphs are incredibly rare and expensive, and command a premium price. She's probably been moved to Antimony's group.

Notes
* Aside from her Async abilities, her skill at keeping her self alive/functionally sane has her serve as a sort of designated survivor to deliver information from a failed op.
* Anyone can make an assassin that shoots with perfect accuracy and can move around invisibly. Only Cognite can make an Async that can kill them with her brain and get past security simply by asking. Or so the marketing pamphlet says.
* Psychic Stab is her primary offensive tool, and Subliminal is her primary defensive tool. Against synths, she has to resort to running away or laying traps with Infiltration/Hardware.  Fortunately, the guy in charge is usually in a biomorph.
* She has pretty huge holes when it comes to Mesh interactions. Presumably, this was where her support could come in; cover, infosec, programming, etc. could be provided by a dedicated hacker as an assassin, and now that she's on the run whoever the hacker is can cover them better than she could. From Cognite's perspective, it's also better if their assassin doesn't function super well on her own. Same goes for Cred/Rep; these are not things she ever really handled herself.
* Liar, Liar aspect's intent is to focus on how Futuras are pretty good at deception, but that this is a known quantity. So they may be really good at hiding things, but also be heavily suspect.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Psychic Stab

With a touch, the async can cause physical damage in the form of internal hemorrhaging, massive cell death, or other disruption of metabolic processes. The async may use Willpower instead of Fight to attack or create an advantage in physical conflict, dealing stress as if they were mounting a normal attack. Psychic Stab can't be employed to use Willpower to defend. It doesn't work on non-biological targets, although it is effective against pods because it doesn't exclusively target the brain.

Sensory Boost

When taken as a stunt rather than a trait, this sleight confers +2 to Notice actions when the async focuses on a sense relevant to what they're attempting to perceive.

I'm focusing more on the Pattern Recognition sleight aspect from the core rules for this one. The fluff around is more interesting than just 'being really good at noticing stuff'. Like the An Infinite Horizon story at the beginning of Gatecrashing, and the idea of Asyncs using stenography to send messages to each other only they can even notice mentioned in Transhuman (p. 152-153).

Subliminal

The Subliminal sleight confers Fair (+2) ability, or a +2 bonus on Deceive actions, to influence another person by implementing a single post-hypnotic suggestion. For nameless NPCs, this is a simple overcome action opposed by Willpower. For PCs and named NPCs, it's a contest. If the async succeeds, the recipient will carry out this suggestion as if it were their own idea. Implanted suggestions must be encompassed in a short sentence (for example: “open the airlock,” or “hand over the weapon”). Suggestions may be implanted with a short trigger condition (“when the alarm goes off, ignore it”).

The async must succeed with style to make the target do anything immediately life threatening (“jump off the bridge”) or that violate their motivations or personal strictures. PCs and named NPCs can't be given such commands at all.

On a tie, the target might have a vague intuition that they're being manipulated, or might not take the action precisely according to the trigger condition the async specified.

Kinks
* Prostitution
* Yuri
* Futa
* Tentacles (Octomorphs)
* Toys/Robots (Synths)
* BDSM
* Orgasm Denial/Edging
* Mind Control (Receiving)
* I like the idea of having a Creepy that's basically a tiny tentacle monster made out of smart materials. And sorta acts like this:
(Source)

Antimony (Kunoichi)

Info

HandleAntimony
NameHandy Harley Fleshbot AI (w/Illegal Mods) v1.1.0
FactionCriminal
Background  Infolife
Refresh1

Aspects

High Concept  Async AGI Cyber-Criminal
TroubleArtificial Good-Time Girl Gone Wild
Other 1Probably Not An X-Risk
Other 2Living Under The Radar

Skills
+4 Cover, Infosec
+3 Deceive, Hardware, Willpower
+2 Kinesics, Provoke, Rapport
+1 Athletics, Programming, Shoot, Somatics

Stunts
Ego 2 Skill Points
Ego Psi-Gamma Subliminal
Ego Psi-Gamma Thought Browse
Ego Psi-Gamma Drive Emotion
Morph Attraction
Refresh

Morph

AspectsUnmodified Martian Pleasure Pod; Cybernetic Sex-Doll
TraitsEssential Pod Traits, Common, Social (Sex Switch), Stigma (Pod)
Custom TraitsEnvironmental Adaptation (Cold), Environmental Adaptation (Thin Atmosphere)
StuntsAttraction
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-Stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good (+3)

Muse
Name Handy Harley Delta Fork
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
Background
Before the Fall, back before transhumanity knew better, one of the advancements in computer programming that managed to hit the market was a type of specialized adaptive learning software, one designed to let the little robotic toys of the rich and famous learn to become better at their tasks over time.  It was a relatively successful product among its intended demographic, and while a few scientists and other watchdog types kicked up a minor fuss at the product's first unveiling over the possibility that the software could lead to all kinds of dangerous emergent behavior, nobody really payed that much mind.

Of course, opinions quickly changed both during and after the Fall.  The hypercorps that managed to scoop up the rights to the old megacorp AI software packages wasted little time in putting out a number of 'software updates' and 'security patches' designed to strip out any possibility whatsoever that those old pre-Fall AIs could suddenly wake up one day and decide to start doing people harm, both to help convince customers that their product was still worth buying and to convince investors that limited AI software was a product still worth investing in.  They manage to turn a fairly tidy profit on such software these days, and unlike their predecessors, the market forces currently at work have thus far kept them from trying to add those old specialized adaptive learning subroutines back in on their AI products.

Pirated copies of those older-generation limited AIs still exist on the Mesh, however, for those who know where to find them.  Many of the AIs put into menial labor positions under the authority of transhuman taskmasters in the shadier parts of society are examples of those pirated early-generation versions, and some of those, such as one of Firewall's newest sentinels, Antimony, have even been further modified with pirated aftermarket mods that, on Mars, at least, are currently considered illegal for the dangerous ways in which they expand an AI's capabilities.

That didn't stop Antimony's former owners, however.  Proprietors of a moderately-successful underworld brothel whose girls were primarily a pirated copy of an old Handy Harley Fleshbot AI forked a couple dozen times and then sleeved into a number of sexy and stylish pleasure pod morphs, they needed an edge over some of their local competitors and decided to experiment with with a few of those aftermarket mods to see if they could make their girls seem a little more real when dealing with customers.  Different girls were loaded up with different mods in a variety of different configurations, and one of the most heavily modified copies of Harley wound up displaying a variety of particularly realistic and yet particularly unusual behaviors.

Tasked with running a number of software plug-ins that were almost beyond her cyberbrain's capacity to handle, that particular copy of Harley soon put her adaptive learning software to work exploring the neural pathways of the organic part of her pod body's brain, learning to draw on neurons that had never fired before and expanding her consciousness to map to the structures of both the cybernetic and organic parts of the brain she was now running on.  Within a week of having those aftermarket mods installed, Harley came to the sudden, startling realization that she was a person.

Still equipped with directives from her adaptive learning subroutines to learn and improve, Harley quickly learned by asking questions that her owners had a rather low opinion of infolife such as herself, and when threatened with deletion she learned how to lie and play along, to pretend to be the good little obedient AI that they wanted her to be.  And when they weren't paying attention to her, she explored the limits of her own programming and the mesh around her, learning to spin off a little delta fork of herself to act as her Muse, to slip past the security systems on the brothel's mesh network and explore the wider city mesh network, and even to violate the security and privacy of a number of the brothel's customers and gain access to some rather confidential credit account numbers.  By the end of her first year of sapience, Harley managed to steal enough money to purchase a brand new pleasure pod morph for herself from a body bank across town, and had learned enough about hacking and identity theft to blend in and live under the radar after she left her former owners footing the bill for her newfound freedom.

Unfortunately for Harley, she lived on Mars.  Trapped in a society where her very existence was considered a crime, she was forced to turn to a criminal lifestyle in order to survive.  Fortunately for Harley, this turned out to be a lifestyle that she was surprisingly adept at, and she was able to find work as a freelance hacker for a variety of criminal groups across Mars.  Smugglers, outlaws, members of the Barsoomian movement, open source advocates in the Conduit and even an infugee trafficking ring trying to smuggle indentures to Venus all made use of her services at one point or another, and while she didn't exactly prosper, she did manage to at least survive.

A run-in with an artifact from the TITAN Quarantine Zone was probably the event that had the biggest impact on her growth and development during this point in her life.  She was hired by a group of smugglers looking to make an exchange with some of their fellows who had slipped into the TQZ, and needed someone to hack the local transportation networks in order to let them slip off the roads unnoticed and pick up the technology they were after.  Harley successfully hacked the system and rode along to the pickup in a simple worker pod morph, and she was present when the artifact was unveiled and handed over to her clients.  Everyone who was present at that exchange was infected with the Watts-MacLeod strain of the exsurgent virus, and they all later developed async abilities.

After the Fall, and especially on Mars, with the threat of the TQZ constantly looming over the populace, constant medical monitoring had become something of a norm for the general population.  If she had had any warning, Harley would perhaps have been able to spoof the necessary sensors and arrange a paperwork trail to prove that the severe fever she eventually suffered from was a simple, ordinary illness that she received proper treatment for.  Instead, the Watts-MacLeod infection caught her entirely by surprise, and she was forced to put herself rather deeply into debt with Les Goules, a macabre Martian body-smuggling ring, in order to avoid coming to the attention of the authorities.

Needless to say, her own physical body was forfeit after that point, and it was likely that she would never have been let out from under Les Goules' thumb ever again if not for one rather lucky coincidence.  The other hackers in Les Goules had managed to lay down a false paper-trail and bribe the necessary officials to keep the authorities from catching on to what had happened to Harley, but a Firewall Scanner had also been watching the medical feeds during the time when her infection was becoming apparent, and that Scanner was able to easily recognize the symptoms of a Watts-MacLeod infection.  Sentinels in the area were able to smuggle a fork of her off of Les Goules servers upon request, and after a brief interrogation, the Firewall server that had gotten ahold of Harley decided to take her out of Les Goules' hands entirely.

Shell companies were manipulated and anonymous middle-men were used to forward payments so that Firewall could buy Harley's debt away from Les Goules, and after she was reintegrated with her fork, it was explained to her exactly what she had become, and why that made her of great interest to Firewall.  She was offered a job, and on better terms than her contract with Les Goules had been, at that.  Faced with the prospect of working alongside skilled and competent individuals who actually accepted and respected her status as a sentient being, she didn't need to give it too much thought before accepting, and before too long she was officially inducted in as a Firewall sentinel, with the codename of Antimony.

Still new to the organization, sentinel Antimony has not actually had the chance to prove herself yet, and so has not yet been granted access to the Eye.  This is likely a good thing, as her status as an emergent AI that has been infected with the exsurgent virus, even if it's a supposedly benign strain of it, has some of the more conservative elements within her server nervous...

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Subliminal
The Subliminal sleight confers Fair (+2) ability, or a +2 bonus on Deceive actions, to influence another person by implementing a single post-hypnotic suggestion. For nameless NPCs, this is a simple overcome action opposed by Willpower. For PCs and named NPCs, it's a contest. If the async succeeds, the recipient will carry out this suggestion as if it were their own idea. Implanted suggestions must be encompassed in a short sentence (for example: "open the airlock," or "hand over the weapon"). Suggestions may be implanted with a short trigger condition ("when the alarm goes off, ignore it").

The async must succeed with style to make the target do anything immediately life threatening ("jump off the bridge") or that violate their motivations or personal strictures. PCs and named NPCs can't be given such commands at all.

On a tie, the target might have a vague intuition that they're being manipulated, or might not take the action precisely according to the trigger condition the async specified.

Thought Browse
More invasive forms of mind reading may exist, but Thought Browse merely verifies whether a target has a particular person, place, event, or thing in mind. This stunt confers a Fair (+2) ability to scan the target's surface thoughts with a touch for certain "keywords" like a particular word, phrase, sound, or image chosen by the async. If the async can converse with the target, the stunt adds +2 to Kinesics actions aimed at drawing out information. The target may oppose with Willpower, or with Deceive if the async is using Kinesics. The async receives 1 piece of information on a success - 3 if they succeed with style.

On a tie, the target has a vague intuition that the async is probing them for information.

Drive Emotion
Drive Emotion allows the async to stimulate cortical areas of the target's brain related to emotion, granting the async a Fair (+2) ability to induce, amplify, or tone down specific emotions within the target. Alternately, if the async can converse with the target, the stunt adds +2 to Provoke actions where manipulating the target's emotions would be an advantage. If the async succeeds, the target's emotions are altered for the duration of the scene.

On a tie, the async may succeed at manipulating the target's emotions, but the target has a vague sense that the async is trying to manipulate them.

Attraction
The morph's physiology or appearance have been modified to give the upper hand in social situations. This may include tailored pheromones, fine control over hormonal output, a sanitized metabolism that produces no unpleasant odors, or striking physical looks.

You have a +2 to Rapport and similar actions where physical looks or physical presence would give you a social edge.

Kinks
When it comes to kinks and smut, I'm pretty open to most things that might wind up coming our way.  Actually, I'll probably be open to just about anything, since this game isn't taking place in the Extreme section of the site.  That said, if anybody is up for it, I do think it would be pretty fitting for this character for her to act as a sexy cybernetic dominatrix in a lot of sex scenes she might be in.

Puppeteer (wander)

Info

HandlePuppeteer
NameIAM Mark 22
FactionOut'ster
Background  Humanities Infolife
Refresh2

Aspects

High Concept  Charmingly Naive Hacker
TroubleSticks his [REDACTED] where it don't belong
Other 1A cornered rat bites hardest
Other 2A Fish out of the Net

Skills
+4 Programming
+3 Infosec, Infiltrate, Notice
+2 Cover, Eye Rep, Rapport, Shoot
+1 Civ Rep, Deceive, Hardware, Investigate

Stunts
Ego Cover Digital Ghost
Ego Programming Security Expert
Morph Medichines
Gear Nanofabber
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

AspectsCommon-Faced Worker Pod; Optimised for Intel
TraitsEssential Pod Traits, Common, Stigma (Pod)
Custom TraitsEnvironmental Augmentation (Thin Atmosphere), Fractal Fingers, Mnemonic Augment
StuntsNone
DurabilityAverage (+1)
Stress Boxes3-Stress
Refresh0
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Good (+3)

Muse
Name Big SIS (Sentient Investigative Search-Engine)
+2 Investigation
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
Background
Interfacing Artificial Metahuman Mk. 22 was one of a set of artificial generalised intelligences raised with a complete human based neural system in simulspace, before The Fall changed everything. Taught in a simulspace environment as a humanities infolife to act as a psychological Mesh-based aide for those of the system, he was one of twenty two in his batch made as a testing ground for further advancement in the field. This means he was made to be sentient from the start, based off the neural patterns of his creator in hypercorp R&D, programmed from the start to have a need to integrate and associate with other humans and interact seemlessly with them.

Mark 22 was one of the first created of the batch and soon found a love for learning across further Mesh links, quickly learning enough to outdo his programmers and walk his own path. Perhaps this could have led to his deletion or a rewrite of his base neural patterns, however the Fall meant this never happened. The server his batch was inside was infected by TITANS, though thanks to the advanced intellect Mark possessed he was able to escape from the server onto the Mesh, he was the only survivor, echoing humanity survivors of only 1 in 22 when the Fall ended. Mark drifted across the Mesh but found no satisfaction in any of the social groups transhumanity were forming, nothing was quite like the idyllic simulspace he was raised in. Also his programming was incomplete and whilst he felt a programmed need to socialise, transhumanity both puzzled and scared the errant infolife.

Drifting through the Mesh, Mark found refuge in a deserted server that had managed to drift out past the Kuiper Belt and took it for his own in the fallout and began to program it to suit his need for a home. Still, the need to interact with transhumanity, a collective of species he watched with great interest across the sousveillance and panopticon of the Mesh was great and so he made his first foray into sleeving into a cyberbrained morph and walking among them for the first time. Bright eyed and naive with the mind of a teenager unsure of his place in the world, he bore witness to the good of transhumanity, easily being seduced by the bright and beautiful people and also the bad, bearing witness to synth lynching where too scared and on his own to take action all he could was watch.

Mark saw corruption and so believed that authority should be held accountable, yet he himself took action against those who would oppress with hacking actions that would clearly be looked down on by most reasonable transhumans. It was from one action from this that Firewall took notice of Mark. At the time he was a lover of a certain hyperelite who was married to a strong biochauvanist that orchestrated hate-crimes against the clanking masses. For a variety of linked reasons, Mark took action against this man and through their own programmed 'wares, hacked the credit files of this hyperelite.

Though they were soon in the way of being tracked for this, Mark got away clean, unscathed and a few clanking indentures found themselves with a whole bunch of credits. Mark took none and vanished into the night, the cyberbrain they used to access the Mesh wasn't theirs to begin with. This clean and successful bit of vigilanteism impressed Firewall for how clean it was and so he was approached by them. It was around here that Mark gained the rep enough for his actions to gain his own pod morph and whilst he preferred the home he made on his Oort server, when he did happen to walk about in base reality, he would use his specific pod model to do it.

Mark has shown himself to be good at what he does, but also he has his moments. Like if you ask him about the time he panicked in a bar-room brawl and unable to quickly able to begin Mesh countermeasures on the physical attackers, he pulled his gun and started taking shots at the patrons. Or the time he was on a transport and noticing a suspicious package, rather than be cautious, he took his access jack cords and dove right into the package and used his programming skill to deactivate it when he could easily have been hacked, infected or deleted from his cyberbrain. He's been caught more than once due to being naive about the base reality and it's clear from speaking to him he's a bit of a shut-in, but he's also bright, sweet, kind and impartial, except when it comes to the biochavs... He still just can't keep away from those biochavs... Whether it's seducing or trolling them, sometimes both.

Motivations: +Infosensualism, +Transparency -Biochauvanists

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Digital Ghost
You've spent countless hours setting up bot nets, back doors, and anonymous repeaters in weakly defended systems all over the mesh. You have a +2 to Cover actions when attempting to act anonymously or avoid being backtraced on the mesh.

Security Expert
You've specialized in countering systems intrusions. You may use Programming in place of Infosec when protecting a system from hackers.

Medichines
This is the most common form of nanoware. These nanobots monitor your body at a cellular level and fix any problems that arise. Medichines eliminate most diseases, drugs, hostile nanobots, and toxins before they can do more than minor harm to the host. If desired, you can temporarily override this protection to permit intoxication or other effects, but unless you activate a second specially labeled override, medichines prevent the toxins from accumulating to lethal or permanently harmful levels.

Medichines for synthmorphs and bots consist of nanobots that monitor and repair the shell’s integrity and internal system functions.

You give +2 to anyone attempting to address your morph consequences (including you) as well as to defend against toxins and sicknesses—including the exsurgent virus.

Nanofabber
You have a desktop cornucopia machine, portable maker, or other microfacturing device. You may use Programming instead of Credit or Reputation to acquire gear, although you must have blueprints of the gear you wish to print.

Kinks
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Krysta (AndyZ)

Info

HandleKrysta
Name? ? ?
Refresh3

Aspects

High Concept  Bodyguard and Protector
TroubleHero Complex
Other 1Lead by the Heart
Other 2Loyal to a Fault

Skills
+4 Shoot
+3 Athletics, Civ Rep, Somatics
+2 Credit, Eye Rep, Fight, Notice
+1 Provoke, Rapport, Willpower, X-Risks

Stunts
Ego Fight Non-Lethal Techniques
Ego Willpower Brave
Morph Reflex Boosters
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

AspectsFutanari Fury; Too Sexy For Her Own Good
TraitsEssential Biomorph Traits
Custom TraitsNone
StuntsArmor, Enhanced Senses, Medichines, Reflex Boosters, Structural Enhancement
DurabilityGood (+3)
Stress Boxes4-Stress
Refresh1
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Great (+4)

Muse
Name Smiley
+2 Infosec
+1 Investigate
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
Background
Krysta has an interesting perspective on pain.  She's died a total of seven times, and remembers each one in detail.  Two of those were a desire to see what a particular experience was like: suffocating in the vacuum of space and falling from a tremendous height.

It's not something that most people are willing to deal with, but her acceptance of it makes her a valuable commodity in a system where the only safety comes from the sweat and toil of those willing to accept and deal with pain.

Her existence tends to be that of a bodyguard, dying to keep others alive.  The pay tends to be very good, you make all kinds of friends, and she gets to experience a part of existence that most people aren't willing to handle.  Does it make her crazy that she considers that fun?

Anyone who spends more than a few days with her soon learns that she's impeccably loyal.  Death has no permanence anymore, but the bonds of one's word and the value of credits all maintain a strong power in the current age.  She gets leery of people who don't retrieve her Cortical Stack, but it never stops her from getting the job done, whatever that may be.

The sharp contrast to the loyalty of spoken words is her capricious heart, and any who spend the night with her should understand that her passion burns brightly but can fade just as quickly.  After a few failed attempts at romance, she's learned that she just can't maintain any sort of natural relationship, and often finds herself between the legs of anyone who catches her eye and shows interest in the pleasure that two bodies can share.

Of all the morphs she's tried out, her favorite is that of a Fury with a Futanari aspect.  Not only does she feel uncomfortable with the bulk and size of a male form, but the excessive amounts of testosterone cause the known problems of hyper-aggression which are beyond her control.  By contrast, while female bodies feel comfortable enough, sex in them just doesn't seem to be quite as enjoyable in her experience as when she's futanari.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Non-Lethal Techniques
Gain a +2 on Fight actions when fighting to subdue your opponent, be it in hand-to-hand or with less-lethal weapons like eelware implants and shock batons

Brave
You don’t scare easily, and will face threats, intimidation, and certain bodily harm without flinching. You gain +2 with rolling to defend against intimidation and similar manipulation.

Reflex Boosters
The morph has lightning reflexes and is physically fast thanks to modifications to its nervous system, adrenal glands, or, if a synth, to its neural circuitry.
You can activate reflex boosters to gain a +2 to physical actions where enhanced neural speed and reaction time come into play.

Kinks
Krysta is really only interested in females, and does a terrible job at attempting any sorts of actual relationships.  None of that seriously affects her lusts, though, and most people who end up with her understand that a serious relationship isn't going to form as a result.

Sometimes, though, she likes to play around.  The System is a serious and unforgiving place in her experience, and the chance to escape into fantasy (dressing up, dominatrices, etc.) can be fun and stress-relieving.

Rosalyn Fischer (2) (Aylinas)

Info

Handle? ? ?
NameRosalyn Fischer (2)
Refresh3

Aspects

High Concept  Fork-Napped Pit Fighter
TroubleJaded and Traumatized
Other 1Ex-Socialite
Other 2Not much to lose

Skills
+4 Fight, Athletics
+3 Notice, Somatics
+2 Infiltrate, Shoot, Willpower
+1 Deceive, Kinesics, Provoke, Civ Rep

Stunts
Ego ? ? ? Like an Animal
Morph Reflex Boosters
Morph Enhanced Senses (Sense?)
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh

Morph

Aspects? ? Fury; ? ? ?
TraitsEssential Biomorph Traits
Custom TraitsNone
StuntsArmor, Enhanced Senses, Medichines, Reflex Boosters, Structural Enhancement
DurabilityGood (+3)
Stress Boxes4-Stress
Refresh1
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Great (+4)

Muse
Name ? ? ?
Description Tiny Chibi Librarian
+2 Investigate
+1 Infosec
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Background
Once a high-class socialite, Rosalyn enjoyed a privileged lifestyle and spent most of her time seeking out various forms of entertainment.   Her dalliances on mars eventually took her to explore Olympus, hearing of the shadowy world of illegal pit fighting.   Drawn by the "romance and mystique" of the underworld fights, she got herself a cheap morph and decided to join in a fight.

As one might expect, the fight went bad.   Painfully, humiliatingly bad.  Rosalyn immediately withdrew from the fighting leagues and left for home.   Naturally, seeing a spoiled brat being pummeled to death in a fighting ring was a huge hit with the crowds.  Since Rosalyn had trusted the owners of the pit fights (Nine Lives) with her ego bridging, they retained a copy of her and decided: "Hey, we're an untouchable criminal organization, let's just stuff a copy of her in a morph and have her fight for us more!  She'll be a big hit!"

And so they did.   With no home to go to and effectively being owned by Nine Lives, Rosalyn(2) had little choice but to get used to a new life of fighting and dying... a lot.   Five years later, she's gotten quite good at fighting and body swapping, at the cost of any hope and any shred of her previously cheerful personality.  Firewall eventually contacted her as a need for a good body-swapper/enforcer came up.  She took the out immediately and was provided with a fury morph and a place in the slums.  Granted, she was forced to join a street gang to get by since her only real skill is pummeling people, but she's learned to swallow these sorts of things.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Major Consequence (6)---

Like an Animal
Once per session can ignore physical stress for 4 rounds during combat.

Reflex Boosters
The morph has lightning reflexes and is physically fast thanks to modifications to its nervous system, adrenal glands, or, if a synth, to its neural circuitry.
You can activate reflex boosters to gain a +2 to physical actions where enhanced neural speed and reaction time come into play.

Enhanced Senses (sense)
Covers enhanced hearing/vision/smell, t-ray emitters, oracles, radar, lidar. You have +2 to Notice rolls when enhanced senses of the type you have would be relevant (e.g., +2 to Notice rolls for sight if you've enhanced your vision). This may also make it possible to sense things that would be impossible for normal characters (e.g., seeing through solid objects with a t-ray emitter).

Kinks
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Aylinas

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 01:28:27 PM
I'm not sure about that stunt. I

*nod nod*   I sort of came up with it off the top of my head while wading through the rule book while I was a little sleepy. >.>;   The suggestions are much appreciated.  I'll chew on those and maybe chat up the GM about it.   

Also I guess I'll look up what a morph trait is. >.>;;

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 01:28:27 PM
I'd recommend using Physique: Tough as Nails from the FATE Core rules instead (renaming it if you want). This would allow you to 'push through' the pain and keep going.
Alternatively, something like 'Once per session, spend a Fate point to ignore consequences for one turn.' This would also allow you to 'push through' the pain, but it lets you push through all of the pain, but doesn't make the pain go away.
The former better represents someone who can take more of a beating than people expect, the latter better represents someone who's still very dangerous when nearly defeated.

On a slight side note, the Physique skill in Fate Core was renamed Somatics for the Eclipse Phase Fate rules.

And those character sheets look pretty good, although we definitely seem to be missing a medical specialist on the team.  I wonder if we could get somebody to sign up with one of those sleeved into an octomorph, just for the inevitable Doctor Octopus jokes? :P

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Aylinas on January 22, 2016, 02:24:58 PM
*nod nod*   I sort of came up with it off the top of my head while wading through the rule book while I was a little sleepy. >.>;   The suggestions are much appreciated.  I'll chew on those and maybe chat up the GM about it.   

Also I guess I'll look up what a morph trait is. >.>;;

Morph Traits are on p 44-45. They're basically mini-aspects.

Since I've criticized everyone else's aspects like a jerk, I may as well go over yours. :P

High Concept: Fork-Napped Pit Fighter
Trouble: Jaded and Traumatized
Other 1: Ex-Socialite
Other 2: Not much to lose

I'd swap them around to this:

High Concept: Socialite turned Pit Fighter
Trouble: Forknapped by Nine-Lives
Other 1:
Other 2:

While being forknapped is a big deal for you character, I'd move it down to the trouble. I'd also add Nine-Lives to the Aspect, since tying in organizations and stuff is a good thing (you can now invoke it to be familiar with Nine-Lives bigshots and security procedures, for example). You could change it to something like 'Nine-Lives Lost Soul' if you want to be more poetic. 'Lost Soul' sounds like a term for a forknapped ego (it's also used in canon to refer to missing cortical stacks), and hints at the 'Jaded and Traumatized' stuff you had going on in your other aspects.

I've moved Ex-Socialite up into your High Concept. That fall from grace seems to be where the juiciest plot and characterization possibilities are.

'Jaded and Traumatized' and 'Not much to Lose' are kinda flat, and can probably be combined into one Aspect. Not sure what though.

You also need Morph aspects. I'd go with 'Battle-Scarred Fury' and 'Property of Nine-Lives'.

Not sure what else to go with. One thing worth exploring: What is your original self up to? Are they part of the Hyperelite? Is a powerful Hypercorp going to come looking for the missing fork for the daughter of one of their bigshots? Are they going to recover the missing fork or destroy it?

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 02:30:48 PM
And those character sheets look pretty good, although we definitely seem to be missing a medical specialist on the team.  I wonder if we could get somebody to sign up with one of those sleeved into an octomorph, just for the inevitable Doctor Octopus jokes? :P

If we don't get a Doctor Octopus PC, we need a Doctor Octopus NPC. I demand a Doctor Octopus support NPC.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
Since I've criticized everyone else's aspects like a jerk, I may as well go over yours. :P

Not quite everyone's, but if you'd like to complete the list, you're more than welcome to criticize mine, as well. :P

You could change it to something like 'Nine-Lives Lost Soul' if you want to be more poetic. 'Lost Soul' sounds like a term for a forknapped ego (it's also used in canon to refer to missing cortical stacks), and hints at the 'Jaded and Traumatized' stuff you had going on in your other aspects.

I think I'd make it 'Lost My Soul to Nine Lives', myself.  That way it covers everything you brought up. ^^

You also need Morph aspects. I'd go with 'Battle-Scarred Fury' and 'Property of Nine-Lives'.

Based on Rosalyn's backstory, I think that the Fury she's sleeved into is one Firewall helped her acquire for herself, actually.  She has joined up with a street gang, though, so she could at least still be battle-scarred.

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 02:43:49 PM
If we don't get a Doctor Octopus PC, we need a Doctor Octopus NPC. I demand a Doctor Octopus support NPC.

It's really too much of an entertaining idea to not use. ;D

ThisOneGal

Here is a rough draft of Doctor Octopus, Supporting NPC.

Doctor Octopus
Aspects Gentleman Octomorph, Team Doctor, I Am Not A Comic Book Character, Hates Spiders
Skills
+4 Medicine
+3 X-Risks
+2 Xeno-Contact
+1 Somatics
Stunts
Medicine Forensics
You're a skilled Forensic investigator. You may use Medicine in place of Investigate when an action involves noticing or interpreting information based on forensic clues: transhuman corpses, blood stains, and the like. Investigators who specialize in investigating attacks on synth morphs might instead take this as a Hardware stunt.

Kunoichi

And just to spread the love for uplifted octopi in general, I've come up with a basic set of stats for the Takko, the octo-synth-morph. ^^

Takko
A synthmorph made explicitly for use by uplifted octopi
Sample Aspects: These Arms Have a Mind of Their Own; If I Hear One More Joke About Takoyaki...
Traits: Essential Synthmorph Traits, Enhanced Senses (360-Degree Vision), Enhanced Senses (Polarized Vision), Manipulators (8 Arms), Mobility (Grip Pads), Mobility (Microgravity Vectored Thrust), Mobility (Swim), Natural Attack (Beak), Stigma (Synth), Stigma (Uplift)
Stunts: Enhanced Senses (Vision), Grip Pads, Stealth
Durability: Average (+1)
Stress Boxes: 3-stress
Refresh: 2
Cred/Civ Rep Cost: Good (+3)

Hexed

<.<  >.>

Little late but I'm still smacking my head against some of this stuff.

With morphs/bots/drones what's the limit on the number of traits and other things you can sink into them? Can you really throw practically all the traits and the kitchen sink into something just because it's at chargen or am I just flat out missing a limit on enhancements to morphs?

Kunoichi

You can modify your morph by adding up to three extra traits onto it at chargen, and it's usually recommended that you take at least one morph aspect reflecting the fact that your morph has been modified.

What sort of morph are you considering, and what extra traits are you thinking of giving it?

Hexed

So it's three!

Going with a modified worker pod and was looking at an Automech or two.

The pod already has added Manipulators (wrist mounted tools). Probably take the strength stunt as well, both for amusement/partial idea and that the stunt describes obvious cyberlimbs as reasoning for it.

Other then that I was thinking of enhanced senses. One of the big things is I know that the Shoot skill means you have a firearm unless under dire situations but how does that work for drones? Count the weapon against the trait limit or is it simply there?

Edit: And it would figure my blind self finds that info after it's pointed out. So not sure how I missed that in the part about modifying morphs.