Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The obvious answer is going with the PC.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

I go where the game go.  And frankly, my PC IS going to cost me more than a PS4 will, AND will need more maintenance in the years to come to keep up with games.  Consoles have the luxury (and flaw) of being static.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Formless on October 05, 2013, 05:49:30 PM
Its funny how some games will provide the ' supposedly ' same experience on both current gen consoles and next gen consoles.

I feel I'm ripped off already. Now with Call of Duty almost released , I don't even know which console I'll stick with. ( PS guy here. I never even consider Xbox. )
Eh, that always happens. They don't know how to use the new-gen as well as the old one so instead of pushing gameplay elements they polish up the graphics until the first quarter of next year.

Gosh I hope I can get a job soon. That PS4 ain't going to buy itself. Usually though I'll wait until late the year after a console comes out just so I can pick over the first runners in games. Plus, the PS3s starters sucked so I'm still thinking PC.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Formless

Quote from: Inkidu on October 05, 2013, 05:56:10 PM
Eh, that always happens. They don't know how to use the new-gen as well as the old one so instead of pushing gameplay elements they polish up the graphics until the first quarter of next year.

Gosh I hope I can get a job soon. That PS4 ain't going to buy itself. Usually though I'll wait until late the year after a console comes out just so I can pick over the first runners in games. Plus, the PS3s starters sucked so I'm still thinking PC.

Well with each gen having their own network for multiplayer gaming ( Which what attracts me the most ) That won't do them good at all. Or me ...

Moraline

I haven't been online much lately (been busy) but thought I'd give this a bump since the consoles are now released.

If you have one or both... What are your experiences like so far?

Anyone get the Sony blinking blue light of death?
Anyone get the XBone grinding disc drive of destruction?
How are the games (can anyone compare consoles or last gen to new gen?)

Frost

I will let you know tomorrow Moraline as I am receiving my Xbox One tomorrow :)

Oreo

I likely wont be getting one until the price drops by at least half. Maybe by then they will have worked out the bugs.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Frost

Xbox one received today... no problems with it whatsoever, it is really really good, loving the graphics and speed in which it goes from on to off and vice versa, also games starting so quick :) only draw back is that can not use my turtle beach headphones from 360 on the One, I have hooked up my pc speakers to my tv so that will do for now!

Oreo

Thanks Frost, that is good to know, since I can't hear without headphones.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

What is entailed in going online, and does it come with wireless, in regard to the Xbox One, Frost?

I like the 360 exclusives better than the PS4s, but right now I'm trying to sort out an issue with my XBL account.

It does tick me off that no console this generation is backwards compatible. I have a great 360 library that'll be useless for the XBone. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Frost

Yes the Xbox One has built in wireless :)

Inkidu

Quote from: Frost on November 25, 2013, 01:07:50 PM
Yes the Xbox One has built in wireless :)
Cool, but I heard you had to go online at least once. What's involved in that?

Frost

basically there is a update you need for it to work, once downloaded then that is it, no further online access required if you choose not to

Inkidu

Quote from: Frost on November 25, 2013, 01:14:50 PM
basically there is a update you need for it to work, once downloaded then that is it, no further online access required if you choose not to
How large is the update, if you recall?

Frost

Inkidu

Quote from: Frost on November 25, 2013, 02:11:47 PM
500mb
Urg... that's substantial when you're on an internet allowance. :(

It's doable, but I'm going to be waking up at two in the morning if I get the Xbone.

Kye

I'm having no issues with my PS4. Graphics are amazing, the system is uber quiet, and I've had not a single glitch of any kind. 

Jessie The Hunter

Quote from: Frost on November 25, 2013, 01:14:50 PM

That's cool.  That's a change from the first press releases about the system.  I guess there were enough people who made a stink about being required to have online access for every single game played.  Especially since Microsoft made you pay for an online pass.  Not sure what changed, but that makes X-Box a lot better than what they first proposed it would be. 
A Hunter's Desire - About Me                 Plot Ideas and Characters          Hunter's O/Os
Gone Hunting...Back Soon - A/As          Active Stories and Archive          Hunter's Reliquary ~ Inspirational Pictures
Discord: Preferred communication for world building and collaborating on stories.

Kuje

I've been playing my xbox one since it arrived over the weekend, mostly just playing Assassin's Creed. It's quiet, which is great. I don't have any problems with the blue ray player so I'm one of the lucky ones it seems. Still, from what I'm reading Microsoft is handling the problems pretty well by giving you a free game, letting you keep the broken console (unlike Sony) or return it later, and sending out a new one asap. The controller ate the batteries that came with it within two days so I decided to go grab one of the recharge kits and have a cord connected to it just like how I did for the 360 but the cord is so much thinner, which is nice and it's pretty long. That allowed me to put it into one of the back USB's, which there are three on the One.

The voice commands are great, turning on your TV, the console, connect, and the cable box/other receivers (if you hooked them up). Ma got one also for herself since she's loving the idea of just having everything connected without worrying about trying to get all the remotes to work like she's been doing until now. The wireless signal is pretty good as well since it's picking up the router from two floors away since this house is a split level and ma's is up in her bedroom.

All in all, I have no complaints really for anything the xbox one does. It's a great system, as far as I'm concerned, and has a lot better features than the 360 did, especially with how much kinect seems to work better. You can also turn the camera off through system options, or if you're that paranoid, just unplug it after updating the first time.

Inkidu

Kuje

I think it works for satellite as well, or anything else. :)

Quote from: Inkidu on November 26, 2013, 11:27:53 AM
What if you don't have a cable box?

Inkidu

Quote from: Kuje on November 26, 2013, 12:34:48 PM
I think it works for satellite as well, or anything else. :)
No, I was just wondering what someone without any of that can do?

Smacks of elitism on Microsoft's part.

Frost

Quote from: Inkidu on November 25, 2013, 02:46:38 PM
Urg... that's substantial when you're on an internet allowance. :(

It's doable, but I'm going to be waking up at two in the morning if I get the Xbone.

Just a warning to you if bandwidth is a issue, some games have rather large updates like 6GB for Forza 5

Kuje

Eh, the TV part of it is only a small part of it. It's not really elitist, as far as I'm concerned, to have options even if not everyone can use them. I choose to not use the TV options myself since I don't watch TV that often and the one show I do watch I can get else where but I still used the options in that part of the software to control my TV.

Quote from: Inkidu on November 26, 2013, 01:01:41 PM
No, I was just wondering what someone without any of that can do?

Smacks of elitism on Microsoft's part.

Frost

I did not realise Killer Instinct was free *facedesk* just downloading it now :)