Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Super Training takes like 30 minutes, I've not even used poke-amie at all....  Exp share I'd only use if I had to catch a pokemon up.  I also don't use traded pokemon.

So, my wife isn't far into X and said to go right on and run my nuzlocke on X.  w00t.

Just read about wonderlocke, basically when you catch the pokemon in the first area you are in you have to trade it via wonder trade.

So no poke-amie, super training, exp share.  I'm going to nickname pokemon... What other rules should I use?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Qt

Those things just make the game easier, which is the opposite of the nuzlocke run which is meant to be challenging and hard.

The main rules are just releasing/permaboxing anything that faints and catching the first thing you see in an area, practically limiting the pool of pokemons you have access to. Other rules is really just up to your preference.

SinXAzgard21

What do you consider a new area, I always thought it meant a different route or city.

Qt

SinXAzgard21

GanonDwarf

I prefer my Fennekins extra spicy.

But I've been trying to IV train for awhile now...it's troublesome stuff.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: dwarfvader on January 19, 2014, 08:01:24 PM
I prefer my Fennekins extra spicy.

But I've been trying to IV train for awhile now...it's troublesome stuff.

Yeah, it is a pain and hella time consuming.

SinXAzgard21

Fennekin, Fletchlnig, Weedle (now Kakuna), Azurill.  My team as of beating the first gym... Route four I decided not to catch the combee.

King Serperior

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 09:02:45 PM
Fennekin, Fletchlnig, Weedle (now Kakuna), Azurill.  My team as of beating the first gym... Route four I decided not to catch the combee.
Nice!  My first X nuzlocke I found a female Combee as my first encounter.  Sadly, Ms.Swarm died in Victory Road.  She was greatly missed  *salutes* 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on January 19, 2014, 09:17:52 PM
Nice!  My first X nuzlocke I found a female Combee as my first encounter.  Sadly, Ms.Swarm died in Victory Road.  She was greatly missed  *salutes* 

Nub is now a beedrill.

King Serperior

Team:
1).  Sinker the Avalugg
2).  ClawJaw the Drapion
3).  Nin-Jin the Greninja
4).  Inferno the Charizard
5).  Leona the Pyroar
6).  Thumper the Steelix

Most of my team is very, very frail.  I fear that their deaths will come soon   :-(

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on January 19, 2014, 09:26:40 PM
Team:
1).  Sinker the Avalugg
2).  ClawJaw the Drapion
3).  Nin-Jin the Greninja
4).  Inferno the Charizard
5).  Leona the Pyroar
6).  Thumper the Steelix

Most of my team is very, very frail.  I fear that their deaths will come soon   :-(

Make sure you have ice beam for elite four.

GanonDwarf

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 08:53:16 PM
Yeah, it is a pain and hella time consuming.

Once you get 6IV Pokemon it gets easier from there. It's the building up to that point that isn't so thrilling.
Fandom Request Thread!

King Serperior

Avalugg has Avalanche and Ice Fang and a very shallow movepool.  I think that's good enough.  What I am most worried about is the Water E4 member  >.>  Dragon Dance Gyarados?  CURSES!!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: dwarfvader on January 19, 2014, 09:35:46 PM
Once you get 6IV Pokemon it gets easier from there. It's the building up to that point that isn't so thrilling.

I've been trying but to no avail.  I'm trying to get a 5-6 iv scyther, togepi and gligar.

Qt

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 09:44:33 PM
I've been trying but to no avail.  I'm trying to get a 5-6 iv scyther, togepi and gligar.

What is the IVs on your scythers right now? Anything you don't have you'll need to probably breed it on using safari dittos and using destiny knot.

GanonDwarf

Yes, I was going to say. All Friend Safari Pokemon have two perfect IVs. So you can just combine them to make a Pokemon with perfect IVs for each egg group. Or be lucky enough to have a friend safari with Ditto.
Fandom Request Thread!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Qt on January 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM
What is the IVs on your scythers right now? Anything you don't have you'll need to probably breed it on using safari dittos and using destiny knot.

Well I can't get a ditto safari so I'm screwed there, I have to catch and breed.

Qt

Quote from: dwarfvader on January 19, 2014, 09:55:52 PM
Yes, I was going to say. All Friend Safari Pokemon have two perfect IVs. So you can just combine them to make a Pokemon with perfect IVs for each egg group. Or be lucky enough to have a friend safari with Ditto.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find having safari dittos that don't have my trainer ID to be more useful, since they produce eggs faster when I use them to breed. But then again I was lucky enough to have vivillons that had some value, allowing me to trade them for safari dittos, so the fact that I don't have a normal safari will dittos in isn't a huge issue.

SinXAzgard21

Guess I'll just go catch a few butterfree and see what stats they have since they are in the scyther and gligar egg group.

Qt

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
Guess I'll just go catch a few butterfree and see what stats they have since they are in the scyther and gligar egg group.

Still highly recommend you try to get some safari dittos using the GTS, try stuff like 2-5 gen starters ask for some level 31-40 dittos, or try stuff like feebas. I'm pretty sure dittos are not that high in terms of trade value.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Qt on January 19, 2014, 10:23:12 PM
Still highly recommend you try to get some safari dittos using the GTS, try stuff like 2-5 gen starters ask for some level 31-40 dittos, or try stuff like feebas. I'm pretty sure dittos are not that high in terms of trade value.

Most are looking for legendary for the safari ditto.  Found one wanting tepig but I don't have him.  Nor have I bred the starters yet.

GanonDwarf

Yeah, I can never find any good dittos with reasonable trades on RTS. 

I'd say doing it dittoless would be more rewarding but it's too tedious to really be rewarding.
Fandom Request Thread!

Qt

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 10:34:40 PM
Most are looking for legendary for the safari ditto.  Found one wanting tepig but I don't have him.  Nor have I bred the starters yet.

Have you tried putting up say a snivy or some other 2-5th gen starter and asking for a ditto? Leave it up there and see if you get one.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: dwarfvader on January 19, 2014, 10:44:42 PM
Yeah, I can never find any good dittos with reasonable trades on RTS. 

I'd say doing it dittoless would be more rewarding but it's too tedious to really be rewarding.

How many effing dittos do you need.  I caught the bug pokemon with the IVs needed, just have to breed and repeat.  The game decides the IVs and such before the eggs is made, just save before you pick it up and ditch it if it is the wrong one.