Pale Eclipse (WIP: 35% Completion )

Started by Drake Valentine, May 16, 2014, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

A Drake Valentine Teaser...

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law.  Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

CONCEPT - ROUGH DRAFT

The age of magic is on near extinction, in today’s society those that may possess the gift are often valued highly. Still, many can spend their entire lives and never truly master the field of Arcane arts in which they study. The skills they do obtain do aid greatly in their choice professions and just having the talent alone will always ensure them whatever career path they may desire in the real world.

Although first, they must graduate and Academies all across the world have their core rules for the ceremony. Many of them still practice the same fundamental that every inspiring magic user should know well; familiar summoning. At this stage, it is know that the user is already proficient enough to continue their striving in the world of their choice profession or perhaps even the pursuit of further knowledge in their field of study. As of tradition as well, most of these events are held the day after a lunar eclipse, where it is believed that magic is still at its strongest after the eclipse.

For the students of the Academy, the use of magic is forbidden during the moon’s eclipse. This is for their safety, although there will usually be those that do not abide to such or those that may be caught within. In fact, none can even fathom the events that will befall the present batch of candidates for the graduation test to come. A cruel fate that they brought upon themselves in trying to cheat the system, to test the theory of the Eclipse and bring forth familiars ahead of the game.

Never may they summarize that their follies would bring them into a world apart of their own, a world much different and aliened. A world thriving in magic, exotic creatures, strange ‘humans,’ and dangers all around them. A world untamed, untouched in most regions by the hand of technology. Will they be able to survive in this brand new environment? Will some choose for a way back to reality? Will they make a new life in a realm brought upon the Pale Eclipse?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

General Information:

Information/F.A.Q
Expected Content.

If this hits off, this will be going under the extreme section. However, any sexual elements or graphic content will be titled with the appropriate warning tags and players are to abide by the rules of the game, the site, and the individual's preferences who they are RPing with in whatever sequence. 
What this idea is About.

(Broken down in a nutshell.)

Simply put, modern day apprentice mages are thrown back into another realm after a botched summoning ritual to obtain their familiars before their graduation. Main focuses would be how those accustomed to modern life must now handle a world unfamiliar to their own. In this case, I am aiming for a more fantasy base realm, early medieval times or Victorian/steampunk-ish, maybe a mixture of the both. This realm is much different from where they are from, magic itself is 'alien,' and at the same time, it is also in abundance for those that can harness it; where as in the modern world it is a decreasing commodity.
Where does the System come in?

Every week I will be allowing a certain amount of points for active members of the game. These points will be used to invest in spells, leveling of spells. The system is mostly to keep check of activity and to keep some control over mages to keep them from going haywire with their magic.
Goal of the Game?

This will be up to the players' characters. Although I may imagine some might wish to return to their normal daily lives(so finding a way back is a goal itself,) maybe others seek conquest or adventure in this new world. Honestly, I wish to leave it mostly freeform, however keep in mind that certain actions may warrant consequences to your character.
GM Involvement.

There may be times that I may involve myself with others, naturally I would also like to play out a character, though I do know that sometimes certain pushes may be required to keep a game moving along.
Additional GMs.

If any may wish to help me world build on this and contribute, that will be a great help and load off of my shoulders. As my time is often restricted, I am not confident I can meet every players needs or demands, and may not be on always to answer questions when they may arise.
So Do I Have to Play a Mage?

No, not necessary. I am also accepting other side characters to fill the world of importance or lack of. Keep in mind that Mages themselves are stronger- in most instances- than non magic users. Also there are no natural magic users within the world the Mages have entered. Creatures? Yes. Playable humanoids with ability to use magic other than Mages? No. Humanoids that could later learn to use magic other than Mages? Debatable.
Will There Be a Cap to the Mages?

Sadly, yes. I have not decided on the number. Presently, I am lingering towards a dozen, but do not hold me to that, it could be less; but it won't be more. Also, for players applying for Mage, they can only have one as a character. This is to prevent hoarding of magic users and allow freedom for spots for other players. Should someone drop from the game of that position, I may allow a vacant spot for a new created Mage to join. I may also award others with Mage slots depending on their contribution and activity, should those positions be filled already. Ultimately, it just depends.
Technology Level?

For the World our Mages end up in, I am leaning heavily towards a cross of classical Medieval and Victorian in some possible areas. Certain locations may be more technologically advanced than others, only to the extent of steamworks(such as flying machines and trains.) Technological weapons such as flintlocks and cannons may only be available to those able to afford them, a higher luxury item for nobility or rich adventurers(or thieves.)
Magic and Technology

Do not mix well together in this world, which ideally is also why magic in the modern world the Mages came from is often more restricted in use and time consuming in preparation.

Regarding Magic

Magic Circle

Magic Fields and Examples

Abjuration: The power to protect/heal.   
        Armor Summoning
        Force-Field Generation
        Healing

Conjuration: The power to transport living and non-living things.
        Creation
        Summoning
        Teleportation

Divination: The power to gain information.
        Extrasensory Perception
        Magic Sensing

Enchantment: The power to influence the minds/emotions or alter aliments of objects.
       Alter Property
        Emotion Manipulation
        Invocation
        Mental Manipulation

Evocation: The power to control the forces of Nature for a variety of effects.
        Elemental Manipulation
        Energy Manipulation
        Telekinesis

Illusion: The power to create illusions.
        Disappearing
        Psychosomatic Illusion
        Subjective Reality: create illusions that become partially real.

Necromancy: The power to manipulate the forces of Death.
       Animate/Reanimation
        Undead Manipulation

Transmutation: The power to transform living or non-living things.
        Elemental Transmutation
        Shapeshifting
How does the Circle Work.

Naturally, no one can master every aspect of Magic. The circle alone is proof to this as the ones in their field of study will have 100% proficiency in it. The ones adjacent to that field they will have 50% proficiency. The next ones down from those they will have 25% proficiency, leaving them with 0% effectiveness in the remaining three. Example: A Mage in Evocation will have 50% in Illusion and Abjuration, 25% in Conjuration and Transmutation and 0% in Divination, Enchantment, and Necromancy. 
Magic Leveling

This is still a WIP project. Although this will be the only part of the system for ‘Mages.
There will be points, magic will have costs. You will have to be specific with your spells for leveling, meaning what you have is what you use and at what level is what you can use it. Also note, that going outside your proficiency will result in heavier costs to learn spells and level them, that is why I put proficiencies in those areas to keep people from ’mastering’ everything. 

Races

Playable /*Restricted

Magi - Human (Limit: __)

Outsides from another world ’visiting’ one in which they are unfamiliar with. They come in a variety of sizes, yet their most distinguishable features is how plain they are in comparison to most of the other natural inhabitants of this world. The only thing that sets them apart from those inhabitants is their ability to manipulate and control magic, a bizarre power that has brought nothing but turmoil to the lands. As outsiders, humans may find trouble gaining acceptance in certain areas, in fact they may even warrant hostility with their powers. Good or evil, your actions will shape how fellow Magi are foreseen and treated as a whole.
Outlanders -  Elves
Nomads - Orcs
Inventors - Gnomes, Halflings, Dwarves
[
*Abnormals - Demons, Vampires, Lycans
Unplayable

Fairies

Mischievous creatures by nature, fairies are often known to lead others astray or play cold tricks on them. Others may even call outsiders names, belittle them to their hearts content. The threats they may pose is often small, the majority of fairies are far from posing any true danger to anyone or anything, save for their darker breed counterparts. They make their homes away from civilization, living mainly in forests whiles the rarer of ones may seek homage inside of caverns or around lakes.

Regular Fairies:
Magic:                **********
Strength:             **********
Endurance:         **********
Intelligence:       **********
Danger Rating:   **********
Dark Fairies:
Strength:            **********
Seekers

Chimeras

Ground:

Flying:
Scourge

Zombies:

Ghouls:

Spirits:

Lichs:

Regional Information

Map

Coming Soon.
Territory, Inhabiting Races, and Technology Levels
Hierarchy

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Interest Check

Just me and my shadow. ;o

Drake Valentine

To Do List:
In no particular order.
-Map
-Races
-Hierarchy
-Map Outine
-List of Spells
-Expand on Concept
-Expand on Spell Leveling
-Along with Other Pressing Concerns

Estimated Current Completion: 35%

Estimated Completion Date: Aiming for July - Shorter/Longer depending on interest.

Drake Valentine

UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Updates: June 17, 2014, 10:34:28 AM

May 24, 2014, 08:38:54 PM

Finally edited in General Concept. Added Magic Chart and information regarding Magic. Also added a small F.A.Q.

Will be away for the next day, so I will check back on this by Monday.
May 26, 2014, 03:09:24 PM

Changed fourth post into a TO DO LIST. Decided to turn this one(post) into an UPDATE section. I will no longer be bumping updates to this thread. All updates will be edited into this section. This is to save me from constantly replying to my own thread.
May 27, 2014, 04:17:26 AM

Made a map, not the best of them, only have a paint program to play around with, but it is something. Will upload when I get around to making outlining for, said,  map.
May 27, 2014, 07:36:25 PM

Not much, just updated placed some placeholders, flipflop some things around.
May 28, 2014, 07:37:44 AM

Not much, compact the update section and decided to make an announcement section of things not pertaining to update Also updated the RULES..
June 04, 2014, 08:04:12 AM

Decided to just do a completion amount in my title. Since I do have a few lurkers, which I know I haven't been visiting my page, but that is okay with me, someone is following, even if it is just one person constantly clicking to check, it means someone is interest and I am not paranoid. xD  Any ways, for those or that one person who is interested, I will gradually be updating the completion status in the first post. I will probably also get around to redoing every freaking subject title in my post, since... Well... they are all over the place and it peeves me a little.. The different subject titling that is via posts.
June 17, 2014, 10:34:28 AM

Soooooooooo. Did a few updates, nothing solid worth mentioning or for me it isn't. Also, it will be awhile for me to upload the map. I am tempted to just throw the painted one up, I wanted to make a better one after discovering and playing around with Autorealm(save for the fact I am ****ing pissed off with Autorealm.) I am not going to rant on that subject, but the map isn't my priority anymore, wasted enough time fiddling around with it. Also if there are any screwy spoiler image breaking past spoiler, I will correct those once I get everything completed in those sections. Trust me, it is a peeve for me as well seeing an image breaking past the spoiler barrier.  I also seriously doubt I will be done with this by July; but hey, maybe projects that time and effort are put into are worth waiting around for, who knows? *Shrug*

Announcements: Latest June 04, 2014, 07:53:25 AM

May 28, 2014, 07:37:44 AM

Doubt I will get much done, work weeks are busy for me. So unless I get bored, don't expect any progress progression till Sunday or Monday. Also, goes without saying, but RULE UPDATE. Mostly regarding strikings and banning from my game.
May 30, 2014, 07:59:19 AM

Yea, seriously it probably won't be till Monday that I make any progress on this. I wanted to 'scoot' along with percentage a day, but don't think that will realistically happen.
June 04, 2014, 07:53:25 AM

Okay, I lied. Honestly I got tied up with other things. I won't give a date to the next update as I am bad at reaching them at times, but it will be in the very near future of this month and I will aim for a large impact update at that.