Sharn PD (Eberron; Pathfinder; Recruiting)

Started by Dakkon, February 08, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 12, 2014, 05:56:42 AM
Notably, this is mostly a scholarly question... I doubt my (almost done, but still unnamed, I gotta fix that...) character would pursue a sexual relationship. Maybe a romantic or familial one, the former of which might lead him to attempt to connect physically.
No worries. I note now that a mindblade does specify that it has to be be held, albeit in a round about way. The exact line is "The moment she relinquishes her grip on her blade, it dissipates (unless she intends to throw it; see below)." Since this a scholarly debate though, its a moot point  ;)

How warforged connect with the world and relate to others is definitely something worth exploring. What is family to someone who was not born organically?

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 12, 2014, 05:56:42 AMOh, hey, so another line of questions. First, do Warforged need any kind of outside sustenance? I'm pretty sure they don't sleep, eat, or breathe, but I'd like to know if they do... Also, do they feel pain, or just pressure? I mean, they must 'feel' something, anyone who's ever tried to work with thick gloves or walk with their foot asleep can attest to the difficulty of performing general motor functions without any tactile response.
Warforged feel the same range of sense as an organically born humanoid, although they may feel them differently, just like any other individual. In general, smell, touch and taste are a bit muted, but individuals could have a stronger sense. They absolutely feel pain, although their different biology again may make that sense differ from that of you or I. Tactile response is absolutely there and in no meaningful way inhibiting.

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 12, 2014, 05:56:42 AM
I promise I won't do that either way. Still my other question is definitely more mechanically notable. Given how little is specifically said about the Mindblade, I'd definitely like to know how it feels and how solid it is... Mechanics are very abstract, and I think it's quite important to have a consistent way to describe it that suggests how I might use it in other ways.
I didn't think so... but things come up sometimes. As for feel... I'd say you could use in any way you could use a regular weapon, including as a tool. How it literally feels though is up to you. An agent of the Dreaming Dark may manifest their blade as a shadowy wisp that freezes the soul, while a Kalashtar's is made of soothing warm light and a Cultist of the Dragon Below's is a mass of pulsating flesh.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Huh... I hadn't considered warforged could smell or taste... Would it be safe to assume it's some kind of chemical reaction that occurs that isn't like how humans do either? Particularly since warforged don't usually have noses or nostrils...

I did miss the grip thing... Since you said 'roundabout way', I assume that means you don't object to me using the mindblade in a form similar to the image i linked?

Other than that, I think I'm good on fluff (sans the stuff we're discussing in PM). I'm having a lot of fun building this character.

EDIT: Oh shoot, how to Action Points work? I don't have the actual Eberron book, and there's so many versions of it on the internet that I can't find a reliable source.
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Ghostwheel

The Eberron version is slightly different, re-reading it. It allows only the "Add to a Roll", "Activate Class Feature", and "Stabilize" options. It also lets you cast infusions as a 1-round action, but since we lack an artificer I doubt it'll come up. Beyond that, the only difference is that action points reset, rather than get added, to your total pool, and does not allow you to improve feats to use any of the other special actions.

Zaer Darkwail

Also some feats interact with AP like extra action one or some dragonmark feats.

Ghostwheel

That said, since we're using Pathfinder and not 3.5, should we use Pathfinder's version of AP, Hero Points, FallenDabus?

The nice part is that PF includes feats that interact with hero points.

Thorne

Oh, bloody ... I forgot about the Hero/Action points.. I'll add that in later. Sheet are rough. :p
I'll edit those in later, once I know which system is being used, and how many I have.

Alezae Verssae

Alezae Verssae
Female Human Inquisitor 2
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +7

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 13 (2d8)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5; +1 trait bonus vs illusion effects.

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee dagger +1 (1d4/19-20) and
. . halberd +1 (1d10/×3)
Ranged darkwood light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks artificer's touch
Spell-Like Abilities
At will— detect alignment

Inquisitor Spells Known (CL 2nd; concentration +4):
1st (3/day)— command (DC 13), magic weapon, shield of faith
0 (at will)— brand (DC 12), detect magic, guidance, resistance, sift
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats Dodge, Persuasive
Traits Hardly A Fool, Detective
Skills :
Bluff +6,
Climb +0,
Craft (calligraphy) +6,
Diplomacy +9,
Intimidate +9,
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7 (+9 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Knowledge (local) +4 (+6 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Knowledge (religion) +6 (+8 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Perception +7,
Sense Motive +9,
Stealth +3,
Survival +6 (+7 to track)

Languages Common, Dwarven, Goblin
SQ domains (artifice), judgement 1/day), monster lore +2, track
Combat Gear: oil of bless weapon, potion of cure light wounds, sunrod (5);
Arms/Armor: masterwork lamellar (steel) armor, crossbow bolts (20), dagger, darkwood light crossbow, halberd,
Other Gear: backpack (masterwork), bedroll, belt pouch, candle (10), flint and steel, hip flask, iron holy symbol (Dol Arrah), journal, manacles, masterwork, mess kit, mirror, pot, silk rope, soap, spell component pouch, torch (5), trail rations (5), twine (50'), waterskin, whetstone,

Liquid Resources:
34 GP, 9 SP, 7 CP
Less apartment allowance/living expenses.

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Artificer's Touch (1d6+1) (5/day) (Sp) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 damage to objects or constructs, bypassing 2 hardness.
Detect Alignment (At will) (Sp) Detect chaos, evil, good, or law at will.
Hardly a Fool +1 trait bonus to save vs. illusion effects.
Inquisitor Domain (Artifice) Granted Powers: You can repair damage to objects, animate objects with life, and create objects from nothing.
Judgement (1/day) (Su) Variable bonuses increase as the combat continues.
Monster Lore +2 (Ex) +2 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.
--------------------

Born to marked House Cannith parents, Alezae worked hard to live up to their ideals, sheltered from the hard realities of life. But as time passed and the mark never showed itself - and worse, she had little talent for creation, her parents grew more and more distant, paying more attention to her more promising siblings.

At about sixteen, she walked out. Packed her few belongings and took the 'younger son's' route, going to Sovereign Towers to try her luck with the Host. Finding acceptance and a place there, she's set her natural talent for observation and instincts for rooting out corruption to a good end. Much of the events of the Last War passed over her, ignored in favour of events closer to home.

It's recently been 'suggested' that she take her skills to the Watch. While she remains in good standing, the aftereffects of her last investigation are still rippling....

The knock came while Alezae was studying case notes. She lifted her head and gave the door a sour look before the knock came again, and she put away her notes and answered the door.
   "Alezae." Eitan d'Cannith, y Verssae, stood on the small balcony, his fine sky coach hovering in the air beyond. "May I come in?" He asked, his voice sliding smoothly into the shocked silence.
   "What brings you here?" Alezae couldn't bring herself to call him 'father'. He didn't seem to notice.
   Eitan looked around a moment, taking in what he could see of the small apartment. "I was passing through, and thought perhaps I should... see how you have been doing."
   Something about his tone rang false to Alezae and she forced a smile. "Well enough, as you can see. Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy-"
   "Of course, of course - I'll not take up too much of your time. If I might come in?" Eitan inserted himself into the doorway smoothly. Alezae swore silently, and stepped back. "Thank you. Perhaps a cup of tea - it's quite chilly."
   Alezae closed her eyes, lips moving silently as she prayed for patience, then closed the door. "I'm afraid all I have is black-leaf chai." As she recalled, he hated the stuff, but he waved a hand airily, and Alezae put the kettle on with a low grumble. A pair of bright blue eyes considered her from the fire in the small stove, and she dropped a few crumbles in for the elemental to taste. It liked the spices particularly, and flared up blue a little. By the time Alezae came to the small sitting room with two steaming cups and a plate of biscuits - shortbread, and not her favorites, but her roommate had eaten the rest.
   "A.. nice place you have here." Eitan said, as he accepted a cup. Alezae shrugged a little. None of the furniture matched - the low table had been salvaged from a half-demolished home and repaired, the chairs and sofa hid wear and patches under bright coverings. Bed sheets, and mismatched cushions, one of which Eitan tucked behind himself as he took a sip of the chai and cringed. He carefully set the cup down and took a biscuit. "You are doing well for yourself - I have heard some great things about your work."
   Alezae sipped from her cup, doing her best to keep a serene front. "As you say. Hard work is it's own reward." Not, technically, her father's quote, although he attributed it to himself.
   "So I have. Still. A good many people speak well of you. That is reassuring." There was a crunch as he bit into the cookie. "Particularly as there is a matter of some delicacy I would ask you to look into."
   Alezae raised an eyebrow. "You want a favor." She leaned back, cup balanced on her knee. "Why would I do you any favors?"
   "Because I can ruin you." Eitan smiled coldly. He earned a snort, which made him straighten.
   "Think I can ruin you a hell of a lot more effectively, if you gave me any more reason to want to."  Alezae sipped from her cup. "I've heard a few things too. So which one of those 'things' needs hushed up this time? Must be quite a thing, to come to me, of all people."
   Eitan looked at her for a long moment, light sparking around his Mark. Alezae saw fear in his eyes, sweat on his brow, and waited. The threat had been a bluff - he needed her. "I need you to find something. Something that was buried."
   "You want an archeologist - or someone from Morgrave. I'm a detective." Alezae sniffed.
   "You are blood!" Eitan leaned forward, pulling a folder from a pocket. "You can find it. And you will." He left the folder on the table with a hand that shook, and walked out. Alezae scowled at it, then scooped it up and dumped it in her files as she made sure he was gone. She hadn't spoken even to her mother since she'd left. That her father, that she had little contact with even while she had been living at the manor, would come to her with ... no. something was wrong with this. Alezae examined the folder carefully - no arcane power protected it, no divine power was bound within it. It was simply a folder, nothing more and nothing less.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Dakkon

Okay, lots to catch up on here and in PMs! Poke me again if I miss something.

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 12, 2014, 07:35:24 AM
Huh... I hadn't considered warforged could smell or taste... Would it be safe to assume it's some kind of chemical reaction that occurs that isn't like how humans do either? Particularly since warforged don't usually have noses or nostrils...

I did miss the grip thing... Since you said 'roundabout way', I assume that means you don't object to me using the mindblade in a form similar to the image i linked?

Other than that, I think I'm good on fluff (sans the stuff we're discussing in PM). I'm having a lot of fun building this character.

EDIT: Oh shoot, how to Action Points work? I don't have the actual Eberron book, and there's so many versions of it on the internet that I can't find a reliable source.

Oh yeah, warforged aren't robots as sci-fi tends to understand them. They're inorganically born, but part of them literally grows in the creation forge. The fact that they have normal senses is completely unintentional, which has completely befuddled artificers all over.

Quote from: Ghostwheel on February 12, 2014, 11:01:45 AM
That said, since we're using Pathfinder and not 3.5, should we use Pathfinder's version of AP, Hero Points, FallenDabus?

The nice part is that PF includes feats that interact with hero points.
I'd rather stick with action points, since hero points are significantly stronger and I've never used them before.
Quote from: Thorne on February 12, 2014, 11:55:13 PM
Oh, bloody ... I forgot about the Hero/Action points.. I'll add that in later. Sheet are rough. :p
I'll edit those in later, once I know which system is being used, and how many I have.

Alezae ir'Verssae

Alezae ir'Verssae
Female Human Inquisitor 2
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +7

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 13 (2d8)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5; +1 trait bonus vs illusion effects.

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee dagger +1 (1d4/19-20) and
. . halberd +1 (1d10/×3)
Ranged darkwood light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks artificer's touch
Spell-Like Abilities
At will— detect alignment

Inquisitor Spells Known (CL 2nd; concentration +4):
1st (3/day)— command (DC 13), magic weapon, shield of faith
0 (at will)— brand (DC 12), detect magic, guidance, resistance, sift
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats Dodge, Persuasive
Traits Hardly A Fool, Detective
Skills :
Bluff +6,
Climb +0,
Craft (calligraphy) +6,
Diplomacy +9,
Intimidate +9,
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7 (+9 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Knowledge (local) +4 (+6 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Knowledge (religion) +6 (+8 to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures),
Perception +7,
Sense Motive +9,
Stealth +3,
Survival +6 (+7 to track)

Languages Common, Dwarven, Goblin
SQ domains (artifice), judgement 1/day), monster lore +2, track
Combat Gear: oil of bless weapon, potion of cure light wounds, sunrod (5);
Arms/Armor: masterwork lamellar (steel) armor, crossbow bolts (20), dagger, darkwood light crossbow, halberd,
Other Gear: backpack (masterwork), bedroll, belt pouch, candle (10), flint and steel, hip flask, iron holy symbol (Dol Arrah), journal, manacles, masterwork, mess kit, mirror, pot, silk rope, soap, spell component pouch, torch (5), trail rations (5), twine (50'), waterskin, whetstone,

Liquid Resources:
34 GP, 9 SP, 7 CP
Less apartment allowance/living expenses.

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Artificer's Touch (1d6+1) (5/day) (Sp) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 damage to objects or constructs, bypassing 2 hardness.
Detect Alignment (At will) (Sp) Detect chaos, evil, good, or law at will.
Hardly a Fool +1 trait bonus to save vs. illusion effects.
Inquisitor Domain (Artifice) Granted Powers: You can repair damage to objects, animate objects with life, and create objects from nothing.
Judgement (1/day) (Su) Variable bonuses increase as the combat continues.
Monster Lore +2 (Ex) +2 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.
--------------------

Born to marked House Cannith parents, Alezae worked hard to live up to their ideals, sheltered from the hard realities of life. But as time passed and the mark never showed itself - and worse, she had little talent for creation, her parents grew more and more distant, paying more attention to her more promising siblings.

At about sixteen, she walked out. Packed her few belongings and took the 'younger son's' route, going to Sovereign Towers to try her luck with the Host. Finding acceptance and a place there, she's set her natural talent for observation and instincts for rooting out corruption to a good end. Much of the events of the Last War passed over her, ignored in favour of events closer to home.

It's recently been 'suggested' that she take her skills to the Watch. While she remains in good standing, the aftereffects of her last investigation are still rippling....

The knock came while Alezae was studying case notes. She lifted her head and gave the door a sour look before the knock came again, and she put away her notes and answered the door.
   "Alezae." Eitan d'Cannith, y Verssae, stood on the small balcony, his fine sky coach hovering in the air beyond. "May I come in?" He asked, his voice sliding smoothly into the shocked silence.
   "What brings you here?" Alezae couldn't bring herself to call him 'father'. He didn't seem to notice.
   Eitan looked around a moment, taking in what he could see of the small apartment. "I was passing through, and thought perhaps I should... see how you have been doing."
   Something about his tone rang false to Alezae and she forced a smile. "Well enough, as you can see. Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy-"
   "Of course, of course - I'll not take up too much of your time. If I might come in?" Eitan inserted himself into the doorway smoothly. Alezae swore silently, and stepped back. "Thank you. Perhaps a cup of tea - it's quite chilly."
   Alezae closed her eyes, lips moving silently as she prayed for patience, then closed the door. "I'm afraid all I have is black-leaf chai." As she recalled, he hated the stuff, but he waved a hand airily, and Alezae put the kettle on with a low grumble. A pair of bright blue eyes considered her from the fire in the small stove, and she dropped a few crumbles in for the elemental to taste. It liked the spices particularly, and flared up blue a little. By the time Alezae came to the small sitting room with two steaming cups and a plate of biscuits - shortbread, and not her favorites, but her roommate had eaten the rest.
   "A.. nice place you have here." Eitan said, as he accepted a cup. Alezae shrugged a little. None of the furniture matched - the low table had been salvaged from a half-demolished home and repaired, the chairs and sofa hid wear and patches under bright coverings. Bed sheets, and mismatched cushions, one of which Eitan tucked behind himself as he took a sip of the chai and cringed. He carefully set the cup down and took a biscuit. "You are doing well for yourself - I have heard some great things about your work."
   Alezae sipped from her cup, doing her best to keep a serene front. "As you say. Hard work is it's own reward." Not, technically, her father's quote, although he attributed it to himself.
   "So I have. Still. A good many people speak well of you. That is reassuring." There was a crunch as he bit into the cookie. "Particularly as there is a matter of some delicacy I would ask you to look into."
   Alezae raised an eyebrow. "You want a favor." She leaned back, cup balanced on her knee. "Why would I do you any favors?"
   "Because I can ruin you." Eitan smiled coldly. He earned a snort, which made him straighten.
   "Think I can ruin you a hell of a lot more effectively, if you gave me any more reason to want to."  Alezae sipped from her cup. "I've heard a few things too. So which one of those 'things' needs hushed up this time? Must be quite a thing, to come to me, of all people."
   Eitan looked at her for a long moment, light sparking around his Mark. Alezae saw fear in his eyes, sweat on his brow, and waited. The threat had been a bluff - he needed her. "I need you to find something. Something that was buried."
   "You want an archeologist - or someone from Morgrave. I'm a detective." Alezae sniffed.
   "You are blood!" Eitan leaned forward, pulling a folder from a pocket. "You can find it. And you will." He left the folder on the table with a hand that shook, and walked out. Alezae scowled at it, then scooped it up and dumped it in her files as she made sure he was gone. She hadn't spoken even to her mother since she'd left. That her father, that she had little contact with even while she had been living at the manor, would come to her with ... no. something was wrong with this. Alezae examined the folder carefully - no arcane power protected it, no divine power was bound within it. It was simply a folder, nothing more and nothing less.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Looks very cool! One small note, even if Alezae abandoned House Cannith, she wouldn't be able to use the "ir'" prefix unless she married into a noble house.

Thorne

Eh, fair enough. I figured that would turn up as a plot point later, but it's not a Thing.
.. hell, it could still turn up as a plot point later. *goes to edit*

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chloe Milev

Well, just to show the in work process, the preliminary named Gersi Sunwell, elf lawyer.  A Brelish name with an Aerenal surname, her parents are immigrants who raised her to be integrated with her human community.  They naturally worked helping people with funeral arrangements, bringing a certain peace and class to a families' difficult times.  Gersi helped with the family business, gravitating more with easing the new burdens on a family with planning estates and other legal arrangements.  Business unfortunately boomed when civil war erupted.  After years of executing wills and inheritances, people came for other legal aid.  Finding a more varied and vibrant line of work with the living, Gersi became a lawyer.  She remembered tales of the great kingdom of Galifar in her youth, and wanted to sustain that greatness, while being fascinated studying the everchanging legalities humans came up with every day.  While not a veteran of any war, she prides herself fighting her own battles for justice, unafraid to investigate and prosecute organized crime preying on the commons, or corrupt officials abusing their powers for selfish nepotism.

While mostly sharing the Brelsish culture with most in her community, through youthful habit or affectation, she retains a few Arenal fashions in her office:  an ornate death mask, a bronzewood bonzai, an ornate ceremonial scimitar, etc.  When not in her court robes, however, Gersi is much more local and practical.

Spell list still in progress.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Dakkon

Quote from: Thorne on February 13, 2014, 05:39:12 PM
Eh, fair enough. I figured that would turn up as a plot point later, but it's not a Thing.
.. hell, it could still turn up as a plot point later. *goes to edit*

Oh, trust me. A rebelling member of House Cannith will have a very interesting time here, especially if she does end up developing a dragonmark. That ir' could definitely be showing back up again.

Quote from: Chloe Milev on February 13, 2014, 08:47:29 PM
Well, just to show the in work process, the preliminary named Gersi Sunwell, elf lawyer.  A Brelish name with an Aerenal surname, her parents are immigrants who raised her to be integrated with her human community.  They naturally worked helping people with funeral arrangements, bringing a certain peace and class to a families' difficult times.  Gersi helped with the family business, gravitating more with easing the new burdens on a family with planning estates and other legal arrangements.  Business unfortunately boomed when civil war erupted.  After years of executing wills and inheritances, people came for other legal aid.  Finding a more varied and vibrant line of work with the living, Gersi became a lawyer.  She remembered tales of the great kingdom of Galifar in her youth, and wanted to sustain that greatness, while being fascinated studying the everchanging legalities humans came up with every day.  While not a veteran of any war, she prides herself fighting her own battles for justice, unafraid to investigate and prosecute organized crime preying on the commons, or corrupt officials abusing their powers for selfish nepotism.

While mostly sharing the Brelsish culture with most in her community, through youthful habit or affectation, she retains a few Arenal fashions in her office:  an ornate death mask, a bronzewood bonzai, an ornate ceremonial scimitar, etc.  When not in her court robes, however, Gersi is much more local and practical.

Spell list still in progress.

Very cool concept. I look forwards to seeing more!

Thorne

I'm pretty tempted by the Heir of Siberys PrC ... why? Because I think it might be entertaining.
Why, no. I'm /not/ nice to my characters, why do you ask? ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Dakkon

Quote from: Thorne on February 14, 2014, 04:26:17 AM
I'm pretty tempted by the Heir of Siberys PrC ... why? Because I think it might be entertaining.
Why, no. I'm /not/ nice to my characters, why do you ask? ^^;
I had guessed that may be a part of your end game. And it will be very, very, very interesting.

Ghostwheel

Updated my background with a blurb about the Mournland, my character having passed through it, along with a few other NPCs that journeyed with him to Sharn after escaping the elves of Valenar.

Dakkon

Okay, so with one week elapsed, we’ve got four submissions so far, meaning this game is still wide open! If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know. Here they are:

Rhidna the Wind’s Kiss - Female Human Witch  (Muse)
Nym - Male Shifter Stalker/Monk (GhostWheel)
Alezae Verssae - Female Human Inquisitor (Thorne)
Gersi Sunwell - Female Elf Bard (Chloe Milev)

Here’s another development for you guys… I recently got all of the Cerulean Seas line dropped into my lap for Valentine’s Day. They look very cool, so if you’d like to use them with your character, I am willing to work with you to find a way to make it fit. With that said, I have another monstrous race for you that might prove very interesting, since it comes from the nations of the sea… the Landwalker Sahuagin.

Landwalker Sahuagin

One of the least visible and most common of the Sahuagin mutants, Landwalkers are adapted to the shallows instead of the depths, often serving as diplomats, merchants or envoys to the land based races. While they are not commonly seen in Sharn, they are not unknown either, and occasionally cooperate with the air breathers in ways most Sahuagin would not.
+2 Con, +2 Int -2 Cha
Monstrous Humanoid (3rp)
Darkvison 60 (free)
Swim 30 ft (2rp)
Bite 1d4 (2rp)
Constant Speak with Sharks Spell-Like Ability (3 rp)
Amphibious (2rp)

Andi

Finally got mine beaten out. Campaign trait will be 'Tracker,' haven't put that info into Hero Labs yet. Character is a hobgoblin from an arctic tribe, exiled for independent thought rather than slavish subordination to the chain of command.

http://www.infinitelibraries.com/charsheet/Denarg.pdf

Dakkon

Quote from: Andi on February 15, 2014, 04:46:00 PM
Finally got mine beaten out. Campaign trait will be 'Tracker,' haven't put that info into Hero Labs yet. Character is a hobgoblin from an arctic tribe, exiled for independent thought rather than slavish subordination to the chain of command.

http://www.infinitelibraries.com/charsheet/Denarg.pdf

Cool! Different, for sure, but cool none the less.

ManyMindsManyVoices

I'm going to revise and post what I've been working on here so that I've officially thrown my hat into the ring. Shard still needs a bit more work done, but this should give a pretty good idea.

Shard
Character Sheet
Psionic Warforged Member of the Sharn Police Department
Height: 6'6"   Weight: 212lb.

Bio: My name is Shard, and to my memory, I have been alive for 1 year, 6 months, and 9 days. According to House Cannith, I was discovered outside the Mournlands, severely damaged and nearly dead. House Cannith repaired my body and rekindled my life.My revival was due in great part to what I am, a rarity: a warforged with innate psionic capabilities. If not for that, I might have been scrapped for mithral.

While I retain no memory of how or why I was created, or what my part in the Last War might have been, I am capable of creating armaments from the psionic energy stored in the system of crystalline augments within my frame. They are focused through the two crystals in the backs of my hands, and have served me quite well in the short time I can remember being alive.

For a time, I did contract work with Deneith and Kundarak, security and protection jobs, minor ones to help recoup the costs of my revival. I received basic combat training there. During a job with Deneith in Lower Tavick's Landing, I worked alongside members of the Sharn Police Department, and it seems I proved myself well enough to be considered for training there. They arranged a contract with Cannith to pay my debts over time, and I have been working with them since.

I have primarily worked the beat around Cogsgate and the Dragoneyes, and have dealt with the Tyrants on occasion. I do have a few connections there, but I have a strong dislike for working with criminals in an effort to catch criminals. Still, I accept that some lesser evils must be excused to deal with true threats.

I have recently been considered for a promotion to a Special Task Force, which according to my superiors is due to a 'marked increase in my combat efficiency and my dutiful work'. I hope to serve this Task Force well, and I am glad to have the opportunity.

Personality: Shard outwardly fits the warforged stereotype. He has difficulty relating to people through any terms other than those laid out in his police training. He is very efficient and loyal, with a certain code of ethics he has gathered from his time with the police force. Shard has an aversion to killing, always preferring capture (but not unwilling to resort to lethal force). He will also follow orders and the law to the best of his ability, unless it strongly conflicts with his code of ethics (which thus far, has not happened).

Despite all that, Shard is not unfeeling, just distant and with a lack of clear understanding of the emotions of normal sapient creatures. He sees his fellow officers as companions, but has made few actual friends.

d20

If there's still room for another PC I'd love to give it a shot. Loved Eberron since it came out and ran a few homebrew games for Pathfinder there.

Dakkon

Quote from: d20 on February 18, 2014, 11:17:07 AM
If there's still room for another PC I'd love to give it a shot. Loved Eberron since it came out and ran a few homebrew games for Pathfinder there.

Nothing is final yet until after I get back from the Rolling Stones on Friday. If you think you've a good idea for a character, toss it in by all means!

Chloe Milev

TEN HOURS REMAIN until noon Abu Dhabi time?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

ManyMindsManyVoices

Chloe Milev

Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

ManyMindsManyVoices

... Well, that escalated quickly...

I was thinking more like a free-for-all duel to the death until only 4 people were left... I assume that was Dabus's intention to begin with...