MS Office 2010 Beta

Started by Torch, December 03, 2009, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Has anyone DL'd this? I've been mulling it over, but wanted some feedback before taking the plunge.

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller? Anyone?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Lilias

I'm leery of beta products because I don't like being treated like a guinea pig. Fun apps are one thing, but I know I'd get mightily PO'd if I lost work because my word editor hiccuped.

So I'm sticking to Open Office for the foreseeable future.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

I'd also be wary about taking part in a beta where the work that I do while testing might become inaccessible afterward.  When my husband got his laptop, it had Word 2007 preinstalled on it.  Since it opened his previous documents that he'd made on my computer (which has a legit copy of Word 2000 on it), he went ahead and opened, edited and saved documents.

Fast forward a bit.  He starts getting messages that he only has X number of uses left for Word 2007.  When he calls the laptop people, they tell him it was a limited use installation, and he'd have to pay $XXX to get the unlimited use version.  Thankfully, there were backups still on my machine, and the changes he'd made were relatively easy to re-construct.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

AlexanderSedai

I run this for work and it works quite well.  The 64bit version had some issues with my ati laptop - the cursor went crazy - but the 32bit runs just fine.  New interface, but all in all not bad.  Moved Groove over to a sharepoint app - but that's not bad.

I run it on 64bit windows 7 and XP 32bit.

Yes it may screw up but i've not had any issues sooo... It's a free version of office for you =)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!    It's time to toss the dice!

On/Off's  /  My Introduction Thread

Spell

I am tempted to give it a go, however, I have completely familiarized myself with the previos version of Office (More specifically, Powerpoint, Excel, Word). Are there alot of differences in use and interface? An improvement is always nice, but I don't want to bother finding everything from the start again.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...