News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Legend of Dragoon OC RP

Started by JayNighte, April 02, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Zeth on May 13, 2014, 09:07:55 PM
So I either want to steal Gala from legend of legaia (A martial arts monk with electric element) or Bart from Xenogears ( Duel whips are just so swag.) Which character would you guys prefer?

Both are good games and good characers.  Be cooler to have your own idea unless you're just grabbing up combat doctrine here.
Coming soon...

Rajah

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 13, 2014, 09:15:12 PMBe cooler to have your own idea unless you're just grabbing up combat doctrine here.

^
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Zeth

Screw that, My own idea would use the picture of one of those characters and his fighting style, might as well just use the character whole sale.

Rajah

Quote from: Zeth on May 14, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
Screw that, My own idea would use the picture of one of those characters and his fighting style, might as well just use the character whole sale.

...is this sarcasm? I hope so with all my heart, but it's the Internet, so.

Jxnbury

Name: Alana Devlin.
Race: Wingly.
Home town: Lohan
Current location: Fueno, preferably. I can start wherever the story needs me to, however.
Element/Color: Red-eyed Dragoon Spirit
Personality: Fiery-temper. Free spirit. (I usually make this mostly up along the way)
History:
Over the extended period of time which has passed since the near destruction of the world due to Melbu Frahma, there were many Wingly families who have abandoned their callous intentions towards humans integrating into the normal of society and abandoning old practices. Some have even chosen to take in human companions or life partners.
------
Alana was born and raised in Lohan, the commercial trading city. The young girl was an only child who spent most of her time on her own. Her parents were always too busy with life having to make frequent trips to Wingly cities, so they could monitor what was left of the Wingly population. She spent the majority of her time causing mayhem and disturbing the bazaar shop keepers. When the girl was not running around being a problem for the city, she was enjoying the nearby ocean or anywhere nearby where she could swim. She found water to be especially relaxing and comforting.

Alana's Wingly powers are in full bloom. She is quite skillful when using them but as expected of an ever newer generation, her power is nothing in comparison to even that of Meru's generation.The amount of time she can spend in flight is very limited and varies from each experience. She has not yet been chosen by the Dragoon Spirit. However, she has managed to acquire a stone (unbeknownst to her) which she snatched from one of the bazaar shop keepers who tried to assault her in the busy streets while she was causing some harmless trouble. She holds onto the trinket fondly now. The first time she had managed to steal something from the shop keepers without getting caught, usually she just like to break the merchandise or tamper with it.

Once a year, Alana would revel in arrival of the “Hero Competition”. She was always a faithful spectator in the crowd in complete awe of the power and intelligence demonstrated by the participants. As she became more interested in battle and power, the young woman began to practice Tang Soo Do while incorporating the use of something very similar to a cestus on both her left and right forearms.

The stronger that Alana became – The more her temper flared – The more aggressive her behavior became.

Obviously, I am going to need someone to deliberate whether the history is appropriate or not~ I figure with so much time passing that the situation in which the world is in should be changing as well.
My character is not necessarily going to be "good" as the dragoon spirits have made it clear that they recognize despite whatever alignments a person might have. For example, Lenus. She could potentially be affected by the environment and other characters; however, I do want her to maintain her attitude. If anyone wants to discuss her possibly having their stone, you can hit me up with a PM.

JayNighte

Name: Franz Zuto
Race: Half-human Giganto
Home town: Gharnot
Current location: ???
Element/Color: Brown/Gold; Earth
Weapon: Pickaxe
Personality: Gruff, stern, and mentally a bit slow, it seems that few would get along with him. However, this is merely his exterior. He is kind and loyal to his friends, and has a decent (yet simple) sense of humor he doesn't show often in public. He has fierce determination, and once set on a task, he will refuse to quit.
History: Franz was born to Nila, a human woman, and Gotak, a wandering Giganto, in the booming mining town of Gharnot. His father ended up leaving him when he was six years old, leaving him to be raised by his mother. At sixteen, he began working in the mines. His powerful body was perfect for the job, and he formed a camaraderie with the other miners. Not only was he one of the hardest workers, he also acted as their bodyguard from any monsters that may find themselves in the mine.

One day, however, he failed at protecting his allies. The whole mine collapsed, and he was only able to save Jerret, the man next to him. Digging his way out with that person, he was horrified to see that the mine wasn't the only thing to be destroyed. The Town Hall was blown up, and it seems that the mine was also intentionally destroyed. Wracked with guilt at being unable to save most of his friends, and filled with anger at those who have caused such chaos, he vowed to hunt down the perpetrators.
=======
Will develop further, and awaiting input.

Zeth

Quote from: Rajah on May 14, 2014, 12:27:48 PM
...is this sarcasm? I hope so with all my heart, but it's the Internet, so.

I was serious. Apparently using non original material bothers you. So I will resign and give up the Thunder slot. Thank you and good luck on the game.

Rajah

Quote from: Zeth on May 14, 2014, 04:59:34 PM
I was serious. Apparently using non original material bothers you. So I will resign and give up the Thunder slot. Thank you and good luck on the game.

It does, but I'm not running the game, so please don't mistake my opinion for more than its personal weight.

Green Goo Theory

Alright on my phone so no big post.  Will respond and add more detail tonight when i get my laptop
Coming soon...

JayNighte

Did I do alright? Anything I need to add or change?

Green Goo Theory

Alright.  Had less time to type tonight than I thought I would.  Had to study.  Your character sheet is just fine too.

Just so everyone has an idea though we're doing the century+ mark and I'll work out a specific year.  And since only one person had an idea for it--and I'm A-ok with it-- starting point is in Fueno.  Unless of course someone is just avidly against it. 

Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Green Goo Theory

While I'm normally not a fan of doing this I may be throwing in a character as well just to help even things out.  Not rolling a dragoon character; I'll leave all of those open for potential future players.  Probably still throw a sheet out for everyone to see once I have stuff figured out too.
Coming soon...

Rajah

Jxnbury

I've no objections; however, I would not be opposed to you playing a dragoon. I feel like a GM should only separate themselves from the roleplay if either desired or if we are playing with a system.

JayNighte

I agree, the DM should get to have some of the Dragoon fun! And Fueno works for me.

Rajah

Quote from: Jxnbury on May 16, 2014, 01:14:13 PM
I've no objections; however, I would not be opposed to you playing a dragoon. I feel like a GM should only separate themselves from the roleplay if either desired or if we are playing with a system.

Yup. Got no problem if you want to claim a Dragoon slot. We're under capacity anyway, screw it, go wild, it's your game.

Green Goo Theory

I've always kind of preferred playing the non-dragon badass though.  So it's not that much of an issue for me.  It was kind of killing two birds with one stone. 

See?  It's even easier than finding one big stone and two small birds. 
Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

Never having made an RP on here where exactly do I make the non-adult IC/OOC threads? 

Also, I do want to warn you all activity may be veerryy slow for a week from me.  Finished the job training and I'm in the process of moving.  I'll still be working on the RP and typing stuff up but I may not actually be posting anything during that time due to internet connections.  Just so everyone doesn't assume I vanished
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

There is a forum for non-adult roleplays here.  I would presume you could change this thread to an OOC thread when we start up, or else make one in the aforementioned forum to go along with the IC rp.

As for the slow activity, it's perfectly understandable ^^ Do what you need to.

Green Goo Theory

yeah, I'd still feel bad for leaving everyone hanging though.

Anyway, my character!

(Image just a basic approximation.  Outfit is not usually that revealing but same basic styling.  Still covers more than what Lenus wore.)

Name: Fiona
Race: ??Human??
Home town: Kazas
Current location: Fueno
Element/Color: Void (Subject to change pending new arrivals in play)
Personality: Fiona bears a relatively aloof personality when it comes to most things casual and doesn't seem to let anything get to her.  She has been known to be a loud mouth at times with these qualities increasing the more she'll drink.
History:
At the tail end of the Serdian war and the defeat of Emperor Doel most of the nation's holdings were consolidated under the rule of Basil under King Albert.  Despite the bloody nature of the conflict the unification of the two separate entities went smoothly as most people from both sides wished for the peaceful resolution.  That said there was little use for marshall law or an absolute take over but rather simply a dismissal of most military forces.  Those that wished to remain in service were slowly integrated into the now joint military force.

The one thing that remained to some extent in limbo was the state of Serdio's capital city Kazas.  Not due to anything political but rather the nature of the collected sages put to work under Emperor Doel.  The fruits of their labor demonstrating the age long assumption that only Winglies could perform magic had been a baseless assumption.  The dark castle remained intact and many of its denizens were left in place but under leadership from Basil.  Likewise, after the fall of Melbu Frahma and the threat to the world ceased people from all over the world gathered there.

The slums that it once had been were shaped drastically.  The benefits of the advancement in both technology and magic were shared with this city being the main hub of everything.  It prospered greatly.

Not even a decade later with the rise in Wingly interactions with the outside world many of which found their way here.  The place became a home to joint research for both Wingly and Dragon based magic.  It was shortly after that the place became a private entity owned dedicated to advancements that belonged to everyone rather than a single nation.

Fiona, as far as anyone knows, was born and raised into this lifestyle.  Her parents researches there and likewise she found herself dedicating herself to the lifestyle as she continued to learn.  Unlike most that had found refuge in these halls content to study she wanted to set out into the world to put this all to the test.  Not just to assume what the world needed but see first hand what research would help in certain towns.

I will work on write ups for certain towns as well as something that will detail some current and updated events. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Nice character ^^ Looking forward to seeing this thing start up!

JayNighte

We're gonna have fun with this, I know it!

Green Goo Theory

Hey, jay.  I just wanted to ask.  Are you under 18?  Or did you just have no interest in getting approved?  I don't really care either way.  But if you were to get approved I would have moved this to adult RP.  Not just for all teh smex but for some semblance of realism some adult content such as blood, gore, the violence, language, etc would fit better in adult stuff. 

Coming soon...

JayNighte

I'm on hold, unfortunately, due to having an emotional crisis that affected my interactions.