Another case of mistaken identity (F/F/F/M) (full)

Started by Chrystal, December 29, 2013, 10:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Okay, so... Has anyone read any Shakespeare?

Shakespeare's plays are full of cases of mistaken identity. The Bard was fascinated by it.

My latest idea for a reasonably short but intense plot is based around this classic idea. I'm sure this has been done loads of times, but it would be fun to do as a plotline just to see what happens.

The Cast: (Note: names are arbitrary and can be changed if required.

Player Characters:

Amber Stoneley - 16 year old transfer student, just moved into the area, lesbian, artistic, identical twin.
Beryl Stoneley - 16 year old transfer student, just moved into the area, straight,  scientific, identical twin.
Carmine Redgrave - 16 year old high school student, cheerleader, sexually undecided but leaning towards lesbian
Dirk Steelmeister - 17 year old high school student, jock, straight, quarterback.

NPCs

Mr and Mrs Stoneley
Mr & Mrs Redgrave
Mr & Mrs Steelmeister
Various teachers,
Various Friends of Carmine and Dirk

The Plot:

Well it should be fairly obvious. A pair of identical twins start at a new school. One is gay and falls for a pretty girl who is not averse to her attentions. The other is straight and falls for a really gorgeous guy.

The guy then finds himself sitting next to the gay twin, and the girl finds herself with the straight twin. Obviously both twins are like "Eeewww, get off me you perv"... leaving the two other characters feeling hurt, and rejected. Then later that day the right twins find their respective partners and ... well, you get the picture?

The whole thing can be confused by the classic "Hey how the hell did you get here, I thought you were over there..." gag.

The twins probably don't start out doing it deliberately, but when they realise what is happening probably decide it's hilarious and start causing mayhem, deliberately swapping places.

Of course eventually it all gets sorted out and they end up with the right partners...

Requirements:

I need two girls and a boy, please. One girl needs to be gay and one straight, or either can be bi. The boy needs to be straight.

You must be able to use a spill chocker [sic] , be capable of writing at least 250 words in a post, and have some good ideas for how to keep the story moving.

I will play either Amber or Carmine, but not Beryl.

Please post here if interested.

This is not going to be first come first served, but if you don't express an interest, you ain't gonna get in! I reserve the right to choose whom I wish to write with!

Please indicate which character you would prefer to play when posting.

Forum:

Yeah, forgot to say... this is a light, romantic comedy.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

It's been a month since I posted this (well, all bar 1 day). In fact I'd forgotten about it...

I don't suppose that now xmas is over and done with that people might be interested in this one?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Desirous

Hello there!

I do find the idea really intriguing and would love to play Dirk`s role, but I have a question. Would it matter if I havent read the play?

Chrystal

Quote from: Desirous on January 28, 2014, 11:33:04 AM
Hello there!

I do find the idea really intriguing and would love to play Dirk`s role, but I have a question. Would it matter if I haven't read the play?

Not in the least. There are numerous modern day films based loosely on Shakespeare's comedies, anyway, some of which you may have seen, but the plot is basically so old that it has almost become a cliché ...

But even so, I never expect a role-play to stick to a plot it is based on, and it's much more fun if it doesn't.

The fact that we have identical twins should make it reasonably obvious what is going to happen...

Desirous

Quote from: Chrystal on January 28, 2014, 11:55:12 AM
Not in the least. There are numerous modern day films based loosely on Shakespeare's comedies, anyway, some of which you may have seen, but the plot is basically so old that it has almost become a cliché ...

But even so, I never expect a role-play to stick to a plot it is based on, and it's much more fun if it doesn't.

The fact that we have identical twins should make it reasonably obvious what is going to happen...

Awesome! I am bookmarking this and very much interested to be a part of this game  :-)

Chrystal

Thanks. You've justified my bumpong the thread! *grin*

Now we need the two girls.

Desirous

Quote from: Chrystal on January 28, 2014, 12:36:38 PM
Thanks. You've justified my bumpong the thread! *grin*

Now we need the two girls.

You`re welcome and infact I should be the one thanking you  :D

Yes we do and hopefully there will be interest shown  :-)

Tydorei

I could play "Amber", though my idea's may be a bit more... shadier then what's intended.

Lazaria

Dearest Chrystal and the lovely potential players,

Color me very intrigued. The more I read it, more I seem to fancy Carmine or Amber. Since I prefer to take lead I'm thinking it would be hilarious to watch Beryl shy away from Carmine's advances, I can just picture her faux innocent look paired with the come-hither attitude. Since I'm very flexible about character personalities if what I have in mind is not to par don't hesitate to let me know. With that being said I shall be keeping a close eye on the thread.   

Absences (Updated 3/3)

"They know I saved the city, they know I won the war!"

"The war's not won."

Chrystal

Well this creates a problem, in that I'm not playing Beryl.

Sorry, but I did make that plane at the start.

So we have two ladies vying for the same role and one role un-taken...

I will see what further transpires, but I also stated that  would be choosing candidates.

Lazaria

I should have made this clear in me post, consider my interest tentative at best, Chrystal. I don't mind playing Beryl but would much rather prefer Carmine/Amber given your plot. My apologies for causing any confusion.

Absences (Updated 3/3)

"The war's not won."

Chrystal

Not a problem Lazaria, and thank you for clarifying.

However, if Tydorei wishes to play Amber, I will be playing Carmine. If you wish to play as Carmine or Amber, I will be playing the other one of those two.

In either case, I still have no-one playing Beryl, the other twin.

Lazaria

Quote from: Chrystal on January 28, 2014, 06:01:52 PM
Not a problem Lazaria, and thank you for clarifying.

However, if Tydorei wishes to play Amber, I will be playing Carmine. If you wish to play as Carmine or Amber, I will be playing the other one of those two.

Pleasure is all mine. I'll keep what you said in mind and keep an eye on your lovely thread. Cheers!

Absences (Updated 3/3)

"The war's not won."

Haibane

I need to get back into Elliquiy after a fairly messy break and this fun story idea appeals to me. Shorter posts than I usually do would seem to fit best here and thats what I'm looking for. I can certainly play Beryl.

Chrystal

Okay, so if Haibane plays Beryl, I would definitely prefer to play Amber, because as the stoneley Sisters I think we would rock...

Quote from: Tydorei on January 28, 2014, 01:51:15 PM
I could play "Amber", though my idea's may be a bit more... shadier then what's intended.

I will admit that I wasn't really after "shady" in this. It  is supposed to be light-hearted fun.

Lazaria, would you like to play Carmen opposite my Amber?

And Hai, for character images of the twins we have two choices: either use a genuine pair of identical twins - there are plenty around, or both use the same character portrait

Desirous

Lazaria

Quote from: Chrystal on January 29, 2014, 03:59:45 PM
Lazaria, would you like to play Carmen opposite my Amber?

Now that we have everything sorted, I'd be delighted to play Carmine, Chrystal. Thank you for the opportunity.

Mayhaps you have a character sheet template? I got a pretty good idea for Carmine, or if you don't mind I can always share in the OC thread/PM you what I was thinking?

Absences (Updated 3/3)

"The war's not won."

Chrystal

Okay, first off...

If you want to use a different name for your character, please do!

The four names I chose were arbitrary names beginning A, B, C and D. The surnames are actually puns on the first names - amber and beryl are types of stone, carmine is a shade of red and a dirk is a type of steel blade. Just in case anyone didn't notice!

On the other hand, if you like the name given, then by all means use it.

Character Sheet:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Photo please, not art[/img][/float]
[b]Player Name:[/b] Your username

[b]Name:[/b] Character's name

[b]Age:[/b] 16-18

[b]Gender:[/b] M or F only

[b]Orientation:[/b] Straight, gay, bi, unsure, etc...

[b]Virgin:[/b] Yes/no

[b]Height:[/b] in inches AND cm please (2.45 cm = 1")

[b]Weight:[/b] in lbs AND kg please (2.20 lb = 1 kg)

[b]Likes:[/b] List a least five things that the character enjoys

[b]Dislikes:[/b] List at least five things that the character doesn't enjoy

[b]Personality:[/b] At least one good sized paragraph please - about 150 - 300 words.

[b]History:[/b] At least two decent paragraphs, 200 - 500 words

I know this is just a 4-player game, but I think an OOC thread would be useful....

Hai, let's talk twins..... *grins*

Haibane

Hey Chrys sweetie, could we please have an OOC thread for this? I have things to ask. Thankies!

Chrystal

OOC thread is up.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=196076.0

Please could Desirous and Lazaria both do character sheets? You can PM them to everyone else or post them to the OOC thread, but the latter is probably easiest.

Any questions, any comments or suggestions, please post to the OOC.

As soon as we're sorted ou, I'll put up an IC thread.