[Interest check] Horror Story, facing your fears

Started by Kissin Kate, September 28, 2010, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kissin Kate

I would just like to make an interest check and see how many that might be interested in a horror story role play that involves facing your worst fears and phobias. Be them sexual or not.

I'm searching for both men and women that aren't scared if things get a little extreme, non-con and maybe bloody. If you're interest is triggered and you wanna know more just drop a line in here and ask what you would like to know.

Though I have a few types of characters that I would like to see in this little play. (They sorta got stuck in my mind and wouldn't leave. Have a few ideas about them, but they are changeable to fit to your liking.)

The superstitious guy (Unsure)
The cool guitar playing guy (Unsure)

The tomboy, (girl)(Taken)
The jock (guy) (Taken)
The loud mouthed (girl)(Will be played by me)
The glue (girl)

My thoughts are to keep the rp game to a small group since this is the first group game that I make. So 6 or 7 persons is max for this first round. Though an occasional NPC character may appear from time to time. And unless anyone say's or wishes to play one I'll be playing them as well.

You might as well get a little idea of the story as well.

The story is as follows:
A group of friends in their early or mid 20's going on a vacation during the summer. Planning to lay around the beach and just relaxing. Though on the second day when they are heading to the beach. Two of them notices a forest path, which peak their curiosity and they head inside before anyone has a chance to stop them. The others are forced to follow since they all left their cell phones back at the motel. Eventually getting lost in the deep woods were a rain storm suddenly hits them, forcing them to take shelter in a nearby rundown mansion. The door slamming shut behind them as they enter, and as they try to open it the door won't budge one single inch. Leaving them trapped inside.

And that's were all the fun starts
Attention:
Oh lord I've been away forever! Sorry everyone!!! :D Have a good time you guys!!

Kissin Kate's Hot's & Not's

Idea N' Character Page *Updated Today :D (19/7)*

A&A's
All Caught Up :D

Crovonovin

I suppose I'll ask the first questions to kick things off!

Firstly, where do you see the story going?  There's clearly something supernatural at work if both the doors and windows close up and can't simply be broken down, and I can only imagine that it will tie into the "fears and phobias" part of your introduction.  Am I to assume this game is going to be very much about psychological horror then? 

Additionally, I see a lot of potential for there to be horror coming not just from the house, but from the situation and the people forced into it.  Maybe horror isn't quite the right word--more like a heaping helping of dramatic tension.  Some friends are as close as siblings, but I imagine you learn a lot more about a person than you might ever have wanted to when you're stuck in close quarters together for extended periods of time.  With that alone we've got irritability, paranoia, bickering, and all sorts of other juicy problems that the cast might run up against during their stay in the cabin.  In a way it seems to be as much a social experiment as it is a horror story, and if the horror is indeed as cerebral as I suspect it might be then it all ties together quite nicely.

Kissin Kate

Where the story goes will depend on the people attending in it. It could pretty much go anyway. Well I do like psychological terror (>:)) but I do think there will be a lot more forms of terror and horror involved into the story. Not only psychological.

Of course I'm counting on the people ganging up and bickering at each other every now and then. Since they all surely have secrets and past stories they don't want everyone to know it's gonna be a hard time to be trapped inside the mansion with everything else that is going on inside.
The mansion of course is bound to have it's own secrets and mysteries. Who knows what might happen during there stay or how long they will be there. ;)

If you are interested and wanna think of a bio while posting here this is what I would like for you to put into it:

Name:
Orientation:
Some past history:

Which characters in the group that knows some parts of your past:
Likes/Dislikes:
Fears/Wishes:
Weaknesses: 
Relations to the other characters:

The Superstitious:
The cool guitar-playing type:
The Jock:
The Loud One:
The Glue:

Looks:
What you absolutely won't do at all:

Attention:
Oh lord I've been away forever! Sorry everyone!!! :D Have a good time you guys!!

A&A's

Kissin Kate

I thought I'd write down a little about what could possibly happen. Feel free to add things you wish to the list ;)

* Getting trapped in small spaces
* Hidden passages
* Supernatural
* Psychological terror
* Your fears coming to life
* Possession (Someone else taking control over your actions)
* Getting separated from the others every now and then

and much much more...
Attention:

A&A's

DKDBSD

Kissin Kate

Sure you can.

With the glue I mean like the one keeping them all together and down on earth. A little bit kinda like the mother hen.

Did that answer your question?
Attention:

A&A's

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kissin Kate on September 29, 2010, 01:42:03 PM
Sure you can.

With the glue I mean like the one keeping them all together and down on earth. A little bit kinda like the mother hen.

Did that answer your question?

I see. Yes yes it did.

Kissin Kate

Attention:

A&A's

DKDBSD

Kissin Kate

I might as well add the few ideas I have about all the character types (Even the ones that are already taken). Though of course you're free to do your own modifications. Just giving you a few ideas. Just remember that nothing is set in stone. ;)

The Superstitious: (Taken By Seeker619)

The oldest boy in the gang, by one year approximately. Is by most of the others considered slightly boring and to grown up. But also he's superstitious enough for everyone. He comes from a family with a dark history, mostly for and because of him. Although he has told nothing of it to his friends and he's hiding the darker side of himself from them. Mostly out of fear and logic sense.

Some appearance:

Brown hair, tall and skinny. Practical clothing.

The cool guitar playing type: (Open For Taking, if I hear nothing within 14 days I'll play this myself)

The next oldest in the group, but born early in the same year as the others. Has played the guitar since he was little. Is a rather sweet guy but hides it all behind a cool appearance. Afraid that people will tease him if he shows them the other side of himself. And because of this can become sorta obnoxious and irrational. Is usually seen fighting with the loud one. Comes from a history of friends spreading rumours about him behind his back and thus betraying him.

Some appearance:

Dark hair, normal height and build, blue-brown eyes. Punk, rock, baggy clothing.

The tomboy: (Taken by Shihong, but most likely up for grabs. Feel free to talk it over with Shihong)

The oldest of the girls. Grew up hanging around with the boys, especially her next door neighbour The Jock. They've pretty much grown up to be brother and sister even though there is no blood relation. A rather sport and happy girl. Spontaneous and playful, but with a rather short fuse if needed be. Usually shake things of pretty easily except when heard from The Jock. He's the one person she trusts more then anything in the whole world. She's usually considered to be almost one of the boys, and people have a hard time seeing her as a girl.

Some appearance:

Short red hair. Small, strong build. Not very tall, a bit below average. The shortest of them all. Grey eyes. Tans easily. Usually wears boyish outfits. Like shirts, and pants and so on.

The Jock: (Taken By Featherfall)

Grew up always hanging around with his next door neighbour The Tomboy. She's like a sister to him and could never see her as anything else. She means the most to him and after that comes the sports, which more or less is his life. Whatever season it might be you can see him do some kind of physical activity connected to the current season. Skiing, running, swimming. You name it he does it. Always win and is a really sore loser. For the exception that he never loses, ever. It's all in his head and he is never satisfied with his conquests and prices. Goes back to the fact that his father was the one that got him into sports from the beginning and then walked out on the rest of the family when he was still a boy. And he has never returned since. But the only ones that know about this is. The Tomboy and The glue. Cause those three goes way back in time.

Some appearance:

Blond hair. Blue eyes. Tall, athletic build. Tanned, very easily. Sport related outfits.

The loud one: (Played by me)

She's the newest in the group and has not yet began to trust them completely. Much to do with her old history. She moved to a new town because of being bullied and teased to the limit that she actually considered suicide. The only thing keeping her from it was the thought of her parents mourning for her. The bullying actually got so far that they tricked her into a box and then locked her inside it. And most likely she would've died if the janitor hadn't heard her screams and gotten her out of there. She was in the hospital for several weeks after that. And then they moved. After all the years of bullying the scars remain even if she moves. Upon moving she changed everything about herself and makes sure that she's heard and seen in the latest fashion clothes. Money isn't really a problem in her family. Some more scars from her past is that she has real trust issues and never really let's anyone get to know her to closely. Afraid of being hurt all over again. Was a very sweet and trusting girl before it all went down the drain. She really trusts no one, not even her current company completely, even though they have never really hurt her in anyway at all. For the exceptence of The Guitar playing Type who she usually is seen arguing or fighting with. But is there something more behind it? No one knows.

Some appearance:

Black long hair, green eyes. Typical fashion girl clothing. And always wearing make up.

The glue: (Taken by Petite Obscurite)

The youngest of the girls and everyone, although no one can believe it since she's the one that seems to have her feet left on the ground keeping them all together and friendly to each other. Comes from a history as a divorce child, getting a bonus older sister as her father found a new girl. She was pissed about it but has come to accept it by now. Is usually very happy and outgoing, has easy to get to know people. But can also be a little worrier if seems to get to much out of hand. Is also considered to be one of the more logical in the group together with The Superstitious guy. Has grown up with The Tomboy and The Jock, getting to know the other three when she was older.

Some appearance:

Gold blond shoulder long hair, blue eyes. Normal built normal height. Comfortable clothing.

Who they usually hang with:

The 2 trios:

Trio 1:  The Jock, The Tomboy, The Glue
Trio 2: The Cool Guitar player, The Loud One, The Superstitious

The 3 Duos:

1: The Jock and The Tomboy
2: The Superstitious and The Loud One
3: The Glue and The Cool Guitar player Type

The groups are based on how well they know each other within the group. So it would be a good thing to discuss among you players how far back the history goes and what memories and history they have together. What kind of horrible (or not) past and stories is there between them. And keep in mind that perhaps some of them are the same age. And neither of the characters are much older then anyone. Since they all went to the same school junior high and high school.

Of course there are always room for modifications and additions to the story and persons. If you are interested PM me and I'll put up some more threads that's just concerning this story. To this story will also be added the horrors and other strange things. Unless you really badly wanna do something of it all these stuff will be performed by me, as another person then the one I'm playing of course. Although you're all free to come with suggestions.
Attention:

A&A's

Kissin Kate

Hiya guys,

here is the link for where you can put your characters up for approval. ;)

Character Approval link

All the approved characters can be found here:

Approved Characters

To all involved in the game here is the OOC link:

OOC Chat Room
Attention:

A&A's

Kissin Kate

If anyone is interested we still have one role left to fill, preferably by a guy.

The parts to fill are:

The cool guitar playing guy

If you're interested just let me know by either pm, forum post or by adding a bio of your character to the characters pending approval thread.
All links can be found in this thread.

Hugs and Kisses
KK  :-*
Attention:

A&A's

Kissin Kate

It has come to my notion that the role as the tomboy girl might also be free.
Attention:

A&A's

Acid Lips

I would love to join, however I have no idea what roles are free if any at all. So if you have anything that needs filling let me know and I will gladly join.

Kissin Kate

You are more then welcome to join in, for more info check further down. The open roles are highlighted in red. If you have any questions feel free to Pm me at any time.

And of course what I've put up about the characters is just what I started out with, you are free to change something if you feel it would suit you better. But not to many major changes in the relationships to each other.

Welcome to post up your character in the "characters pending approval" link. You can find it further down in this thread.
Attention:

A&A's

Acid Lips

The only female in red is the tomboy however it's grabbed already. If it opens up can you pm me and let me know?

Kissin Kate

It's not actually quite grabbed. Cause I think the one who was gonna play that part can't do it any more. So you are free to contact Shihong if you want to use the character he made up, and if you wanna do a new one feel free to post that up and I can talk thins over with Shihong.
Attention:

A&A's

Acid Lips

can you talk things over with her before i do profile? I won't feel comfortable playing something then she suddenly comes back and is pissed off ^^

Kissin Kate

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 04, 2011, 07:37:33 PM
can you talk things over with her before i do profile? I won't feel comfortable playing something then she suddenly comes back and is pissed off ^^

Sure can, will do that as soon as I can ^^
Attention:

A&A's

subrob99

If your still looking for a character I am interested.

Kissin Kate

Quote from: subrob99 on March 04, 2011, 10:49:38 PM
If your still looking for a character I am interested.

You're more then welcome to join in, go further down on this page and check out the other links. ;)

You can start to make up a character to post in the "Characters pending approval" links. If there is any questions feel free to Pm me at any time. :)
Attention:

A&A's