Aetherpunk - Victorian Era Steampunk game - LGBT Friendly

Started by Crash, November 14, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Crash

Quote from: la dame en noir on November 14, 2017, 11:54:20 PM
Whats the probability of me finding a black woman? lol

It is a sure but I have found some.  Nivi Hicks is beautiful.

I have some on my computer too.  I will dig through my Steampunk stuff.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

Quote from: Crash on November 14, 2017, 11:57:03 PM

It is a sure but I have found some.  Nivi Hicks is beautiful.

I have some on my computer too.  I will dig through my Steamounk stuff.
She is, but too ambiguous for my tastes. I'm sure I'll find something and if I don't, oh well lol.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

ElvenKitten

*Peeks in and dies* Will be reworking my original character I think, remove some of the things that make me cringe about her now. :D

Crash

Quote from: ElvenKitten on November 15, 2017, 12:07:57 AM
*Peeks in and dies* Will be reworking my original character I think, remove some of the things that make me cringe about her now. :D

LOL!  Well you are most certainly welcome EK.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay, I'm thinking I want to play an engineer or mechanic/inventor trying to play around with Aether and see if she can't develop better mechanical payoff. Kinda want her to be a science enthusiast in the hopes someone will make a mad scientist character to riff off of. But, just in case, she can be played effectively on her own, too.

Just need to find the face claim that says what I want it to say.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
Okay, I'm thinking I want to play an engineer or mechanic/inventor trying to play around with Aether and see if she can't develop better mechanical payoff. Kinda want her to be a science enthusiast in the hopes someone will make a mad scientist character to riff off of. But, just in case, she can be played effectively on her own, too.

Just need to find the face claim that says what I want it to say.

Very sound character and should fit in nicely.  So many different things you could do with it so no scientist mad or not will likely be similar and scientific debate and collaboration are a sign of the times.

Fury Aphrodisia

Yssir!

Also, this:

I think. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm ... I dunno, I was hoping to go with something of eastern descent, but I'm not getting the vibe I want, personality wise, from those pictures.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 12:26:21 AM
Yssir!

Also, this:

I think. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm ... I dunno, I was hoping to go with something of eastern descent, but I'm not getting the vibe I want, personality wise, from those pictures.

Eastern as Middle/Turkish or Chinese/Japanese/Korean?

Dhi

I'm planning to write a mechanic too. Grease monkey, not really mad science territory, but I would love to network.

Fury Aphrodisia

Hrm... Alright, so, I'm going to back off the heavy mechanics side and have mine specialize as a tinkerer/inventor. That way we're not doubling up on concepts and still have enough around that we can have them discover something in common.

I was thinking Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese/Chinese, but ... well, I came across someone whose features and expression fit the personality, but ... I had hoped to find something where I dind't have to do the outfit separately.

This is what I have so far.

in this sory of a low-key getup, but with purple hair, cause... enh. Cause I wanna.

Crash

Cuchulainn

Hello, recently returned to E after an absence and would have to say this sounds very interesting are you still looking?

Dhi

Brenda Song is beautiful.

Way back during Shadowrun 2070 I made plans with a couple of other players to run an all-girl garage. We never really used that in game, and I wish we had because I loved the idea. Obviously we haven't created these characters yet so who knows how things will work out, but what do you think about sharing a workshop?

Crash

Quote from: Cuchulainn on November 15, 2017, 12:59:33 AM
Hello, recently returned to E after an absence and would have to say this sounds very interesting are you still looking?

Sure we are still looking.

Fury Aphrodisia

Yeah, she'd absolutely do something like that. She's a very friendly individual.

Uhm, are you asking me if that character clothing would be more like what I was looking for, Crash, or did you mean that for Dhi?

Crash

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 15, 2017, 01:15:51 AM
Uhm, are you asking me if that character clothing would be more like what I was looking for, Crash, or did you mean that for Dhi?

Sorry for you.

Fury Aphrodisia

Actually, I think that's too much clothing, believe it or not. Too many parts that could catch fire or get caught in gears. I really appreciate the support, but I think I have something that will work.

Now I just have to figure out... What sort of plots I would want to see her in. I'm not even remotely sure what to start putting there. Any ideas, fearless leader?

TheLaughingOne

Kinda sad its rl pics only.. got two beauty of steam punky comissions for characters i never gotta use... ;3

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
and...
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Kuroneko

Posting my interest, butI'm in the middle of tech week for a HUGE show (over 450 costume pieces) and then I'll be out of town over Thanksgiving, so my thoughts will have to percolate for a bit  ::)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Fury Aphrodisia

Knowing that I still have to figure out the "Plot" bit, but that I can modify later and I wanna lock in my concept and appearances, I submit to you, Min, the cutest little Aethertinkerer ever!

Name: Min Zheng-Thompson
Player: Fury Aphrodisia
Concept: Aether Tinkerer and Inventor Extrordinaire!
Trouble:  Runaway, Family Shame, Research Debt, Theft of Resources, Criminal Research, Illegal Trafficking of Wild Creatures, Wanted for Obstruction of Justice
Sex: Female
Orientation: Pan/Omni
On’s: See Player Ons, Also: Collaboration, the smell of gunpowder, confidence, eloquence/dirty talk, cerebral stimulation, dominant personalities,
Off’s: See Player Offs, Also: Cruelty, stupidity, blood (anyone's)

National Affiliation and Ancestry: Born in China, Immigrated in her teens, American Stepfather

Appearance: Medium-length brown hair dyed a mix of purples, blues and pinks is almost always pulled back under a kerchief, held in place with safety glasses or otherwise obstructed by whatever is necessary to keep it held back, revealing brown eyes to the world. Close observers will notice a hint of green close around the iris. Min's features are fine and delicate in direct contrast to her personality. An intense carelessness about her appearance leaves her more interested in refining her gears and systems than she is in seeing to her wardrobe. When locked in her lab, Min has been known to go without changing her clothing for days, the smell lost amidst the chemicals used to advance her passion. Simple clothing most often marks her code of dress, not bothering with extras when they'll most likely get stuck in something or go up in flames. As such, her most common attire includes a tank top, tinkerer's gloves, leggings, sturdy and lightweight boots and a belt that holds a myriad of pockets and pouches. She wears a single medallion with a few Chinese characters on one side and the image of a serpent on the other.

Personality: With an expression that seems to be constantly full of wonder and excitement, a vivaciousness to her character brimming with a bubbling energy and a genuine desire to make life better for those around her, Min isn't afraid to speak her mind. She simply forgets sometimes that society requires protocols. While she tries never to be rude, by way of absentmindedness or excitement it is sometimes the case that she finds herself offending without meaning to. Generally speaking, Min is welcoming and warm, trusting without thought of consequences to herself until it is already far too late.

Background: Born in Shanghai, Min's father was a savvy real estate investor and her mother was a classic vocalist, which is where some say Min got her propensity to randomly burst forth in songs both pre-existing and fabricated on the spot. When Min was seven, however, her father was inspecting a property and 'accidentally' fell from the eighth story. Min's mother tried to hold out in Shanghai while the resources from her late husband's investments kept them going, but when Min was thirteen she found herself and her mother on a ship bound for America.

Unfortunately for both women, the Chinese currency lasted only so long before her mother was forced into work once more to support her child, a foreign widow having few prospects initially. When singing in gentlemen's clubs could no longer sustain her, she did what she did best: She used her song to lure an unsuspecting American businessman into a marriage of convenience.

As Min grew, however, she became somewhat of a thorn in her stepfather's side, curiosity causing her to dismantle, damage or lose a great many expensive items over the years. After one such incident, in the absense of her mother, Min's stepfather proposed a payment plan that was NOT on Min's list of acceptable losses. Accusing her stepfather of the attempted rape of a child, however, seemed a difficult thing to pass in the uncertain climate of the world around her, causing a great many in her own community to lash out against her, hurl accusations and insults for daring to question the quality of such an upstanding member of the community. The attacks became bad enough that Min tried to go to the police. When it was clear they would not help her, Min fled and inspired a warrant for her arrest for false accusations agaisnt her stepfather.

Min's mother refused to come to her daughter's aid, forcing Min to flee for bluer skies. For a short time, she fell in with an airship crew that promised to fund her research if she should be able to find ways to improve on their weaponry. Little did she know that the money that funded her research and provided the resources she needed to do her day job were gained from the trafficking of people and rare creatures. When Min put her foot down and refused to work with the crew any longer, they quite literally dropped her off in San Fransisco, roughly two storeys off the ground.

For a few years, Min attempted to build for herself a laboratory, making ends meet in ways that seemed justified at the time and now haunt her dreams with horrors only ever half-imagined. For a time, she did all she could to outfit herself, going into debt with local suppliers, stealing what equipment she could not build and even came to one dark period of her life when, in exchange for funding, she agreed to perform research on Aether... and the effects to the human body.

When she could no longer stomach the research she was being made to produce, Min refused to be part of that world any longer. While the tendrils of those dark memories sometimes surface in her waking life in an attempt to reclaim her, Min has found that she is a gifted tinkerer, selling periodic pieces as curisities to locals and tourists alike from the small space she rents as her laboratory. Once she is free of the debts she has accrued in monetary value, she intends to spend the rest of her life researching the refining of Aether, improving the lives of people around her in an attempt to make up for the atrocities she committed in her times of desperation.

Know For:  A quick mind and a creative vision by those who deal in trinkets, small devices and aether augmentation.

Goals: Get out of debt, fund her research, discover new and more efficient uses of Aether, provide a sanctuary to which she can bring her mother to be safe from her stepfather

Plots: <What kind of stuff do you want your character to get into?>

Crash

Plots are really a wish list for what you want to do with her.  Does she want to invent something that causes more problems than it is worth and has to fix it before disaster?  Does she want Romance?  Find a husband or wife?  Does she want to have someone help her discover something about herself or start a successful business?

These plots aren't set in stone and you can change modify or delete as you wish.

I love the character though.

Fury Aphrodisia

Thanks! Although, I did read RedPhoenix's character and I'm thinking I might have made too much overlap. Certainly not in personality, but in functionality. I might have to tweak that.

But that, more ons/offs and the plot thing will have to wait for tomorrow, I think. I have to be up in four hours to get the oldest beast to school.

Night, ya lot!