Warcraft Freeform RP (See 1st Post for Details)

Started by Question Mark, June 16, 2012, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joslyn

If the game manages to last long enough I would be all for visiting more than one of the plot ideas.  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing how all these character get along, especially given the stress of whatever plot we end up with and the existing tension between the Horde and Alliance. Then maybe you get some romantic sparks near that powder keg...  >:)

Question Mark

Quote from: Joslyn on June 19, 2012, 04:33:37 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how all these character get along, especially given the stress of whatever plot we end up with and the existing tension between the Horde and Alliance. Then maybe you get some romantic sparks near that powder keg...  >:)

And that right there is the main reason why I started up this game in the first place!

MzHyde

Quote from: Joslyn on June 19, 2012, 04:33:37 PM
If the game manages to last long enough I would be all for visiting more than one of the plot ideas.  ;D

Oooh, I think I have a Blood Elf fan!

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Joslyn

Quote from: MzHyde on June 19, 2012, 05:09:50 PM
Oooh, I think I have a Blood Elf fan!

hehe. I <3 Goblin gals, especially that adorable dance they do in the game.  ;D

It occurs to me that, given the male to female ratio around here, I don't Sel's shyness is going to deter anyone for long.  :P

TheVillain

That depends on how much Wessly is willing to 'negotiate'. Or you're willing to throw NPC females at us. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aiden

I think starting off with the peace summit would be the best option at this point considering two of our players are more aligned with the crusade then their "home" faction.

But I am up for whatever plot we use

For my own character, I will stick with being the representative of the Kor'kron Guard of Ogrimmar. (My spin on the Kolkron, they are loyal to the horde above its warchief, with Garrosh coming in as its new leader, the Kor'kron is there to make sure he is protected - Anyone who read Wolfheart would have seen that, but their main focus is its duty to the Horde)

Also to those who were in Northern, we might have run into one another IC in the past so I wanted to go into a little more detail.

I left the final details of Arthas's death hazy, but Gorejaw was among the remaining few to witness the fall of Arthas (Maybe not to the point that they saw what happened to Bolvar)
I imagined the Horde and Alliance finally came together long enough for a brief moment in order to take down the bigger threat.

Off course there was still two airships (After losing a few in the first push?), firing off at waves of gargoyles and backing up the land forces, more reinforcements coming in to hold the citdel against waves of waves of enemies, etc. (I picture a huge massive battle- Not some 10 or 25 man raid to end it)

Then when it was over...the Horde and Alliance looked at one another and just backed off for that day.
(In my personal story line, Gorejaw swore to take a tabard of a fallen paladin to his son/family)

So basically to the current players, do you want to establish they know one another?
Not saying they have to be friends or anything like that.
I imagine Thukk would stick out to Gorejaw, considering his profession and legacy of breeding war wolves.
Also the crew aboard the ship for giving them a ride to the higher peaks meant a possible run in with Wessly and tended by Selistria Dawnfire before his dispatch to Northrend.

MzHyde

I was just wondering, do you all want me to change Wessly to a Half Blood Elf/Half Goblin? The extra height (she'd be about 4' 10'' or so) would alleviate some 'size issues'. Or I can keep her as a regular Goblin!

TheVillain

I'd say keep her gobbo. If you're going to go, why go halfway?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Diingo

I'd also say keep her Goblin. Size shouldn't be an issue unless you make it one ;) I was more concerned about the female/male ratio. I do have another character in mind if it would come to being.. well, too many males on too few women :)

Question Mark

No worries Hyde, since our players seem rather accomodating.  Besides, I wouldn't allow a goblin hybrid anyway; they're just too different from the other races for a hybrid to be feasible.

As for the MtF ratio, I have a female potential player, which should help even the field.

ALSO!  Voting is closed!  I'll post the results when I get home.  Expect OOC/Character threads to be up tonight.  The IC thread will be up tomorrow night!

Joslyn

Quote from: Aiden on June 20, 2012, 10:42:17 AM
Also the crew aboard the ship for giving them a ride to the higher peaks meant a possible run in with Wessly and tended by Selistria Dawnfire before his dispatch to Northrend.

Most of Selistria's time in Northrend was spent with the Argent Crusade, where she would heal wounded both during and after battles (she might have also played a more offensive role on rare occasions with her shadow magic). It's definitely possible that either Sel might have tended to Gorejaw after he was wounded in battle or perhaps he briefly fought alongside her when some Horde and Crusade soldiers came together against the Scourge. Anyway, I like the idea so which it is I'll leave up to you. (Also assuming our GM has no objections our characters knowing each other previously.)

Question Mark

I have no problem with Champions knowing each other before the game.  In fact, I encourage it, as long as it makes sense of course!

TheVillain

Though I'm having a hard time thinking of how Boz could know someone. Maybe Wessly through other goblins or our Vindicator is trying to catch him. :P

MzHyde

QuoteAlso the crew aboard the ship for giving them a ride to the higher peaks meant a possible run in with Wessly and tended by Selistria Dawnfire before his dispatch to Northrend.

That works for me! It would be hard to miss her aboard that ship, as she hates other people doing work she could easily do herself. She doesn't trust other people to do Engineering work for fear they'd screw something up. So, she'd have been running around like crazy there.

QuoteThough I'm having a hard time thinking of how Boz could know someone. Maybe Wessly through other goblins or our Vindicator is trying to catch him

That works! She's a semi-famous Goblin. He might've at least heard a few things. She's as famous for her inventions as she is her ability to drink! (You don't get that 'Brewmaster' title for nothing)

TheVillain

Maybe Boz stole something for her in the past?

MzHyde

Nah, she's not really the type to do that. She's a Goblin! If she has to have something and can't build it, she can haggle for it.

TheVillain

True. What about they did the same job once?

MzHyde

Well, they could've hooked up in Northrend on a quest or something. That's where she did the bulk of her adventuring before she wound up on that airship.

TheVillain

Would they call them 'quests' in universe? Especially the kind of 'quests' that Boz gets. :P

MzHyde

arkhos

The pally is part of the Argent Crusade, so he might very well know of or heard of some of you all. That would be fine with me, of course ! :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

TheVillain

arkhos

Quote from: TheVillain on June 20, 2012, 09:35:38 PM
'Heard' as in 'told to arrest on sight'. :P

Of course! "Heard" is just easier on the ears! ;)