Yet another adventure into the Island of the Veil (Interest Check)

Started by Vaulera, September 29, 2013, 04:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Usually Muse, I would say no, but generally you've ended up with the short end of the stick when I do a roleplay, so I'll say yes. Can you answer some of the above questions though, I still need to know preferences and the like.

spooky

1.Nature Spirits (Dyads, Naiads, human with parts of "monsters")
2.Vampires/ Demons (No crazy non-humanoids, just succubi, devilish women and vampires)
3. Anthromorphs (Furries, Scalies, more female than monster)
4.Traditional Monsters (Orcs, Trolls, humanoids used in high fantasy or other such settings, but with a sexy twist)
5.Half-Monsters (Girls with fully half monster-parts, Lamias, Gorgons, Spider-Women, etc, and no full monster upper bodies either!)
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Laughing Hyena

Vaulera

Mmn, Batman and muse need to arrange for their list of things, but in the meantime I'll throw up a character sheet at some point and those who haven't made characters can. After they've done their preferences, we decide on the first quest, I set up threads and we start.

Batman4560

1.Nature Spirits
2.Vampires/ Demons
3.Traditional Monsters
4.Half-Monsters
5.Anthromorphs

Vaulera

Name: (Of the character)
Appearance: (picture, or description if you find the former hard to get a hold of)
Expertise: (This is basically a role that your character would fill in the party, hoping to get some diversity)
Spells/Skills: (This covers your magical and non-magical skills, essentially an inborn or trained talent, like Evocation or Mastery over axes. If you're going a wild berserking type, then go for 'exceptional constitution or whathaveyou)
Temperament: (Essentially how your character is going to interact with the members of his/her party and the NPCs)
Equipment: (What your character carries with them outside of regular adventuring kit, food, waterskins, flint and tinder, bedroll, etc.)
Magic Items: (This is where you get to have some fun. One or two magic items that your character found, stole, inherited or any other method of obtained. Make it interesting too, preferably interesting rings, medallions, amulets, etc. magic weapons aren't terribly the focus of the rp)
Bio: (A brief history as an adventurer [if experienced] or how your character wound up adventuring)
Reason for going to the Vale: (Exactly as it sounds)

Here is the character template, preferably bolded for each little section. Decided to throw this up, so that people aren't waiting idly for a couple others.

Yukina

Name: Marianne Masters
Appearance: (picture, or description if you find the former hard to get a hold of)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Expertise: Navigator/Scout
Spells/Skills: Great sense of direction, novice dagger training
Temperament: Marianne is meek, but friendly. She is basically your average wallflower. Though she also has a huge craving for monster-girls. Once she sees them, it's almost as if her inhibitions never existed.
Equipment: Her journal, a small dagger, bow, quiver full of arrows
Magic Items:
-Self Scribing Ink and Pen: A magically floating ink and pen set that scribes on paper what the user commands by thought
-X-Ray Vision Telescope: Self-explanatory
Bio: Marianne was simply a schoolgirl on a large island. Despite its size, only town had been a small port town on the coast. Due to being commonly bullied for her shy nature, sexuality, and nerdy habits, the troubled girl commonly finding places outside of town to hide out. So she wouldn't get lost, Marianne soon began to map out the wilderness, occasionally improving her map over time. That was four years ago. At the age of nineteen, she started hearing of legendary island. Having made mapmaking her profession by now, Marianne became very interested in being the first to map out the legendary island.
Reason for going to the Vale: To be the first to map out the mysterious island (and possibly find some monster-girls.)

Vaulera

Just generally I'm fine with the character, but I hesitate to use that picture. Maybe it's just me being jumpy.

Yukina

Vaulera

I can help with that actually, message me and tell me what you like.

Yukina

Batman4560

Name: Akilu
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Expertise: Barbaric fighter.
Spells/Skills: exceptional constitution, fast mover, former sailor.
Temperament: Akilu is silent and always attempts to keep his rage in check. However when his allies are threatened "Akilu always hit hardest."
Equipment: Hide armor, Sailors vestments, War Paint, Extremely small cage, large steel shield.
Magic Items: Bracers of flames. (Makes attacks ignite with fire) Gained from the beast that killed his village. "Lucky medallion" (Glows when close to gold) His fathers only trinket.
Bio: After years of living with his tribe on the coast of a small isle, Akilu's family and tribe was killed by a small group of minatours. Akilu stalked the tribe of beasts and slaughtered them while they rested. After looting their bodies he skinned them and made an armor of it, and kept the mace and Bracers of the beast that killed his parents. Afterwords he traveled to the nearest village where he learned the trade of sailing and became a fishermen. During a violent storm he wound up on the vale and stumbled upon the rest of the party.
Reason for going to the Vale: Landed on the Vale in a shipwreck.

Vaulera

Usually the adventurers seek the vale, but I suppose it doesn't hurt too bad for it to be an accident!

spooky

what else do we need? A ranger?

Vaulera

We need the last people to finish their characters actually. Scout, Barbarian, Mage/Swordsman. Actually, a roguish character would be appropriate, but the other one I dunno. Caster or something.

spooky

Muse

Oh!  Thank you for the opportunity to play.  I'll be right with you! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

My interests: 
--Nature Spirits
--Anthromoprhs
--Demons
--Traditional
--Half-monster girls.
--Vampires

None of these really squick me out.  Even vampires can be fun, I'm more bored with them than turned off by them. 

Now for a character...

Oh!  Oh!  Oh!  I know.  Do I have to be human myself?  Say, could I be a four armed giant.  8-9 feet tall?  And fully equipped to please two girls at a time? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Vaulera

Hmmn, I don't think I like the idea of a monster in the party. It would complicate things immensely in the 100% human kingdom and even within the group. As fun as it sounds, I think it would just be pushing a little too much. Besides, for the large, smashy ones, we have someone in that role, although that doesn't mean quite so much.

Muse

spooky

Name: Caleb Bartholomew Weaver

Appearance: Tall lean man with light blue hair and black eyes. He is always dressing in rather fine robes that seem to never get dirty and are never in need of any repair. He also seemed oddly immune to the physical effects of rain or wind.

Expertise: Herbology, Magic, Healing

Spells/Skills: Caleb excels in Conjuration and Enchantments, he is capable of standard Evocation (i.e fireball being the best he can do without screwing it up every time. His knowledge of different herbs and their application in magic is often helpful if you need a pick me up or a boost.
Temperament: Caleb is a rather tranquil individual, feeling at home around nature and people alike. He has fine tastes when they are available and usually manages to bring refinement with him when not normally possible. He has a habit of placing himself above other, feeling that most beings without power (magic) are meant to serve.  Although, he can read most situations enough to understand the idea of teamwork.

Equipment: His spellbook which doubles as his list of ingredients and herbal almanac (enchanted to reveal its pages only to him, and hold much more then it's pages would normally contain), and small pouches of spell components and herbs hidden in the folds and sleeves of his robes.  Most other things he needs he conjures.

Magic Items: Spellbook, and a staff  made to boost his abilities a bit.

Bio: Caleb was never really a very big adventurer, he studied and learned his magic in an academy and grew up in a wealthy family. His desire to grow and expand eventually caused him to travel, but always in the company of guards and servants. He was always looking for a new component to use, or a new magical creature or place.
  Eventually his travels led him to nowhere else but the mysterious and dangerous Veil. When he voiced his desire to head into the dangerous place it was condemned by both his former tutors and his family. Unconvinced of the potential peril of the journey, Caleb decided it was high time to step away from his family’s protection and trek forth on his own. After stumbling his way through the trees and into the midst of mystery and hazard, he realized that he may have made the slightest error in his assessment of the Veil.

Reason for going to the Vale:  To find new herbs and creatures to study and collect. And to gain power.

Vaulera

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Vaulera

Ehhhh, I don't think so, but you can be a reserve. I usually only manage to play three at once. Four was adventurous, and five is a challenge. I'll note you as a backup and if someone drops, I'll contact you.

Muse

Name: Caliban

Appearance: 

Expertise: Cat Burglar, Storm Mage, Swashbucker. 

Spells: 
--Through long and arduous rituals, he can affect full scale changes in the weather—if he performs them correctly! 
--With simple chants and gestures, he can shock enemies with small flashes of lightning, some strong enough to injure, but pirmarly used to stun and disable.  He can also produce localized winds. 

Skills: 
--Appraising--mostly determining the value of gems and jewelry.
--Climbing
--Knife fighting—including throwing. 
--Literacy
--Lock Picking and Trap Disabling
--Stealth
--Swordplay with rapier and buckler. 

Temperament: 
   A good natured rouge and jolly scoundrel, Caliban is loyal to his friends and comrades.  As a thief, he delights in depriving those who exploit the poor for their profit of their ill gotten gains—especially jewels.  While he enjoys the fruits of his dishonest labor, he doesn't hesitate to help friends in need, host parties, or give alms. 
   A lecher and a voyeur, he uses his skills and gifts as much for spying on women in their baths—or slipping into their rooms for semi-consensual midnight assignations—as for thievery.

Equipment:
--Buckler and Rapier
--Dagger up each sleeve in a drop sheath. 
--A small set of merchant's scales. 
--Several small pouches of valuable jewelry for barter or resale.

Magic Items:
--A cloak of invisibility. 
--A sash with several secret pockets that hold fine quality thief’s tools, including pouches for loot, several lines and grapples. These pouches do not bulge, and no one can find them but the sash's owner. 
--A bracelet who's subtle ornamentation rotate, serving as a timepiece and compass. 
--A ruby ring that sheds soft red light on command. 

Bio:  Second son of the fantastically wealthy merchant-mage Prospero, Caliban grew up in the lap of luxury, with the finest tutors in academics, deportment, and sword play that money could buy.  He also learned storm magic directly from his father. 

The more he was exposed to high society, though, the more he was disgusted with the decadence and hypocrisy.  At twenty one he moved out to live with the common people, sneaking a magic cloak and sash out of his father's vault on the way.  (As a teen he used to slip it out to spy on the maids in their baths.) 

Within a year of working as a scribe and grammar teacher for the lower classes, he got fed up with work that boring and courted a beautiful masked jewel thief—the Scarlet Swallow—to learn her trade. 

He's done very well for himself... 

Reason for going to the Vale:   After robbing Lord Aethelwulf and deflowering his twin daughters in the same night, life on this continent has finally gotten too interesting for Caliban.  It was his great good fortune to be able to sign onto such an interesting expedition—with so much potential for amorous enjoyment!--before the bounty hunters tracked him down.  Surely they have to take him!  Who else could guarantee good weather on the dangerous voyage?