The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaRose

So, should I go ahead and put her up with the rest of the characters? Also, with her "Healing Touch" she can use in two ways. One she can use all of the energy inside her body to heal someone else or she can take someone else's life force away from them and use it to heal someone else. If she uses her own body to heal someone it takes time for her to recuperate depending on how bad the wound is. Also, she can not bring back the dead.

Sasquatch421

Yes, it would be normal darkness, magical I would be more comfy with if it was a more fantasy styled RP. I know that magic is a part of the Marvel universe, but I don't feel Testament would be that type of character. Of the choices I think I like the teleportation styled moving through shadows more and how I'm seeing him in my head a scout styled character it just fits better. Scythe Proficiency would fit better in skills...

What did you think of seeing in the dark and the shadow cloaking? Seeing in the dark wouldn't be huge so I don't think it would be a huge issue... Oh and could I get a yay or nay on the former Horseman part? I'm still bouncing about on history and knowing that could get me going quicker...

kckolbe

Tama:  If you've written the GM and canon plot, then feel free.  I would like if her killing touch worked more slowly than her healing touch, but that is mainly flavor.

Sasquatch: I prefer the teleportation (dimension doors) as well.  And I see him as more assassin than scout, though there really isn't much difference other than fear.

Seeing in the dark makes complete sense, as does the cloaking if he is very still.  As for Horsemen, I don't have a problem with it, but since that is more of a story decision I was leaving it for PP.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

I hadn't thought of the assassin part, but that really wouldn't work unless Wolverine is sending him out for more extreme cases that the normal X-Men can't be associated with. Kind of like how they used X-Force. Heh could be something to think about and it could really influence opinions if the word got out...

kckolbe

If he was a horseman of Apocalypse, he could have been an assassin.  PP will talk to you about that, though.  In the meantime, looking forward to seeing his sheet.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

TamaRose

Yeah if the character ratings could be done for me that would be great. I am not sure if I am approved or not...but I think I am. I am not quite sure. Also, do I have to put the plot up and if so where. I am so confused at the moment. I am sorry. This group is a little different then what I am used to working with.

kckolbe

Please post the plot points here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179328.0

And you are approved as soon as those are done.

As for ratings, I came up with
Intelligence 4
Strength 2
Speed 2
Durability 2
Energy Projection 6
Fighting Skill 3

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

I'll decide on that when I hear from PP then...

TamaRose

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 11:54:30 AM
Please post the plot points here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179328.0

And you are approved as soon as those are done.

As for ratings, I came up with
Intelligence 4
Strength 2
Speed 2
Durability 2
Energy Projection 6
Fighting Skill 3

That's fine and thanks. Also, do stats change as they grow with their powers?

kckolbe

Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

::emerges from his perty castle, all tired like::

Okay!

My ruling on Sasquatch's character being a Horseman:  totally cool.  Lots of people are Horsemen.  Lots of nameless, random people.  So Sasquatch's character can be a Horseman if he so wishes.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kimera

After seeing this

I'm sort of tempted to make a symbiote character.  ;D

Then again, that wouldn't be a mutant.

Sasquatch421

Alrighty I'll get to work on him... Let's see how well this goes since the race is on and I got my tasty meatball sub with a nice dose of pepperjack cheese...

Jag

Quote from: Kimera on July 14, 2013, 12:31:31 PM
After seeing this [img=http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/727/MODEL_01.jpg]http://Pic[/img], I'm sort of tempted to make a symbiote character.  ;D

Then again, that wouldn't be a mutant.

Maybe not exactly like that, but something like that could probably work. Think of Shino from Naruto (not sure if anyone here watches that). He controls a swarm/hive of microscopic insects. They can do his bidding, follow his orders, surround his body and protect his body from a certain level of attacks, and even lay against his skin flat enough to create a sort of armor. Bug control. She might be able to do it with all bugs, but perhaps she has a swarm/hive of her own that is closest to her and works best with her. Beetles come to mind, due to their shells.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

kckolbe

I kinda like Michi's idea.  Alternatively, it could just be a human with a symbiote.  I can't say I know too much on Spider-Man lore, but wasn't that Carnage's thing?

Intro Thread

Airanea

DESCRIPTION: Psylocke
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5'3" (Without the heels) 5'7" (with the heels)
Weight: 115lbs
Arch-Enemies: Kaptain Briton (Deceased), Mr. Sinister, Mojo.
Nickname: Betsy

Powers: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Psionic ability, Highly developed fighting skills. Psylocke also possessed limited precognitive powers that occasionally allowed her to envision probable future events, or to see quick flashes of the immediate future. These visions were random and infrequent, however, and she had no control over them.

Skills:
1.)Manifestation of a "psychic knife," described as the focused totality of her psychic powers, she often used it to disrupt the minds and nervous systems of her foes by driving the glowing "blade" of psionic energy into their heads.
2.)She could read and project thoughts over long distances; control minds; subdue and tap into other's powers; affect people's memories; project mental illusions; and generate psi-bolts that could stun, injure, or kill others.
3.)She could also project her astral self, and the astral bodies of other people, into the astral plane.
4.)Psylocke can manifest a telekinetic katana composed of raw psionic energy. At its lowest intensity her katana functions much like her psychic knife , short-circuiting the victim's nervous system on impact. At its highest level, the katana can slice through almost any physical matter.
5.)Psylocke's telekinetic manifestations produce visible radiance in the physical world, so she can use her psychic katana as a makeshift light source in areas of darkness.

At the time of Betsy's resurrection, Marvel Girl claimed that Psylocke's telekinesis was on a level even she could not match.

Bio: Elizabeth was born in England. Raised in the small town of Maldon, Essex, Betsy was Sir James Braddock's second child; she, her twin brother Brian, and elder brother Jamie had a very privileged life. By the time their parents died, Betsy had become a charter pilot. After she and Jamie were taken hostage by the Red Skull's agents and freed by Captain America and Captain Britain, Betsy learned the latter was her brother Brian. At this time Betsy began to develop precognitive powers and took up modeling.

Since then Elizabeth has been through many trials and tribulations, fights and missions, romances and feuds. She has been an asset to each group she has aided and has found salvation and a home within the X-men, it has been a long journey, a hard journey pain - loss - love - regret.

She is a woman of mass complexity, vicious intelligence, dangerous manipulation, venomous strength, and dark hung mystery.

"Writer Rick Remender has stated that she is now an Omega-class/level telepath on par with Jean Grey and Professor Xavier."
"If you can't see the sarcasm in my writing, you aren't reading it right."
O/O

Airanea

O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

doodasaurus

Maggot will like Airanea.  She's into bugs.  ;D

Cold Heritage

You did awesome, Airanea. Very cool! Use Claremont-isms if you can! "Focused totality of my psychic power!"
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Jag

Even though slugs are not technically bugs/insects. >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

kckolbe

LOVE the image.  Personally, I would say that Jean Grey and Psylocke are even as telepaths, with Psylocke having the edge if she gets the psychic knife or katana on her.

Just need the GM and canon plot points and she is all set.  Looking forward to her!

Quick question, about how long would you say she's been with the X-Men?

Intro Thread

Airanea

Quote from: doodasaurus on July 14, 2013, 12:45:46 PM
Maggot will like Airanea.  She's into bugs.  ;D

Ohhh You're gonna get Dood *shakes fist and all*  ;)

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 14, 2013, 12:45:11 PM
Par?  It's pretty rad, Airanea.

Thank you - Approved then?

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 12:48:51 PM
LOVE the image.  Personally, I would say that Jean Grey and Psylocke are even as telepaths, with Psylocke having the edge if she gets the psychic knife or katana on her.

Just need the GM and canon plot points and she is all set.  Looking forward to her!

Quick question, about how long would you say she's been with the X-Men?

I think she appeared in X-Men in 1987?
O/O

kckolbe

Gotcha.  Like I said, she'll be approved once the GM and canon plotpoints are done.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

What do I put for the GM and canon plot? I have never done this before.