Collared:A tale of Symbiosis (Small group, VAN through NC)

Started by Xearts, September 28, 2009, 05:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raveled

Lordy, we're going to have the Union of unCollared going here pretty soon.  Might have to rethink my character.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Xanatos

Ouch... My idea was being a collared as well. -laughs- Shows us what we all like being... Well at times anyways. -smirks- In this case I will make several characters, though, for now I admit my collared character appeals more at the moment.

Without further ado, here she is. She is not fully complete, but you get the idea. I will update the application as the imagination strikes me. Hope to fill it out much more.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Deandra Kiatar
Nicknames: Umbral, The Dark Lady, Lady Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7"
Type: Collared
Orientation: Bi-sexual

Appearance: Her look is that of a goth, but one who does not take her self image overboard. She had pitch black hair with bright purple high lighted bangs. Her eyes are a deep brown. She tends to wear a deep purple and black shoulder and sleeved blouse with a gentle neckline; the bottom of the blouse up to just below her full and ample bosom, is covered by a black leather corset which she wears loose yet just tight enough to show off her slender lithe form. She wears either tight leather or fake leather pants and or a long flowing black dress with two deep cuts that come up to her hips. Her feet are clad in knee high flat soled leather boots with two top belt straps with a side zipper concealed under leather.

These Pictures are accurate save for Deandra has no piercings.

Personality: Deandra is calm and controlled. She has dreams of finding her love, having a relationship, and living happily ever after. She is not weak willed but does not exude a powerful will. She enjoys having fun and seeks it out, she however, is not a wild spirit only out to sate herself. She is capable of holding responsibilities and fulfilling them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The umbral darkness encases me, bathing me in a chilling, loving embrace. Darkness blinds, darker than blackest night. I feel a change, my eyes they churn, I cringe; I can see. The beautiful umbral invites me to enjoy all of its delights, I accept.

Deandra is a woman of the night, coming alive once the sun settles beneath the horizon relieving the world of its blinding glory. Her body and mind feel alive when the darkness falls; the feeling of the cool, cold night is delicious, embracing it with zeal. The silence it brings, where one might fear, she is brought joy. The night calls, sweetly, with its cold voice, holding her still in its embrace; cooing to her as she settles up against its chilled skin.

Powers

Shadow Manipulation: Deandra can control or create shadows. They can be insubstantial or substantial and are also impenetrable to normal sight. This also included manipulation of the shadows temperature, shape, size, length/width, etc.

Shadow Step: She can travel from shadow to shadow at will even that of a shadow cast by a person.

Shadow Sight: Deandra can see in darkness as well as through her own shadows. This ability is also granted to her collar bearer.

Shadow Sense: Deandra can sense any being as long as they are within a shadow up to a range of 200ft. She cannot sense intent, emotions, and so forth, she can only sense location/how far, how close, etc. This is not fully accurate but gives an estimation.

Minor Trick: She has learned how to turn her eyes solid black. Deandra tends to do this to impress someone, to impress her collar bearer, in an attempt to scare someone or when she is pissed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I am open to have a player be my characters collar bearer. Please if your interested, check my Yes/No/Maybe So first, then PM me your character idea/info. Below is a list I will attempt to compile of things I as the collared wouldn't mind the collar bearer doing. So far its small, will update as the ideas come. I am open to Male or Female collar bearer, I am not sure which one I favor... either has its bonuses -chuckles-.

Things I wouldn't mind

-Nickname for Deandra: Be creative but be fair warned, I am very picky with names.

WhiteyChan

Ok, er, probably won't have time for this game after all, i'm struggling to keep posting for my one-one rp's, sooo... yeah. sorry

Xearts

Xanatos: Great character, but you forgot the powers section. If your character is already Collared, you need a set of powers which are based on your character's personality, including at least one attack ability. If not, you should still be thinking about it, for when she is.

Whitey:I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand. Still, app's an open invitation. Maybe when you have more time.
O/Os

Emotions blind us. Passions corrupt us. Adoration brings only pain. But I wouldn't trade a moment of my pain, corruption, and blindness for all the peace and tranquility in the world. After all, how boring does that sound?

Xanatos

She is still not finished as I said, however I was meaning to ask about the powers actually. Glad you reminded me. Do you have any set powers we have to have? Then you said we make powers based off personality? Could you give an example?

Well as for being collared or uncollared yet, I suppose that depends on what happens player wise. If I end up playing my two characters, she will begin play already collared. If a player decides to play my collared collar bearer then I could go either way, uncollared or collared.

Xearts

Powers are created on the moment of collaring, based off of the emotions and decisions of the Collared in the past. If you've grown up afraid of fire, your powers will either lean towards water or ice, as an anti-flame, or, if you're particularly masochistic, you'll gain awesome fire powers. If you're shy and try to blend into the background a lot, you turn invisible. If you grew up in the military, you may get the ability to see an entire battle field, or to use your powers to upgrade weaponry. Think really deeply about who your character is, and decide what powers would compliment them.
O/Os

Emotions blind us. Passions corrupt us. Adoration brings only pain. But I wouldn't trade a moment of my pain, corruption, and blindness for all the peace and tranquility in the world. After all, how boring does that sound?

Xanatos

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Oh, how many powers can we have or do we just pick a broad category?

Xearts

Between two and four, four being a maximum, and no, you can't do "Wide-range abilities". For instance, you can't say "Is an elementalist" in order to get every element in one. Other than that, go for it.
O/Os

Xanatos

I have updated the character with some nicknames, and her powers. Please go check it out. Hope the powers are to your liking xearts.

Xearts

Well, those abilities may be a little...godlike for my taste, but I'll give you a chance. If you can handle them correctly, and not abuse them, they're yours. I'm trusting you.
O/Os

Xanatos

To powerful eh? Not to seem like I am being rude, but in your intro you did mention the beast having speed which allowed it to cross the world in mere minutes, the collared could fly, could read auras I believe, and the collar bearer could teleport and created a shield which could easily protect her. Those powers are easily more powerful than mine all by themselves. Her abilities are meant to work in tandem to achieve the power/flavor, by themselves (with the exception of Shadow Manipulation), they are not all that powerful truly.

You don't have to worry, however. Though, do expect me to attempt some creative uses for her powers. I already have one idea with her Shadow Step power. -smirks-

Did you like the flavor I added in at least?

Doomsday

I think because those are the original, the collared, the bearer and the beast, they're going to be more powerful than their offspring.

Xearts

And the three mentioned in the intro are the gods of their respective races. They're meant to be amazingly powerful, otherwise they couldn't name themselves the King, Queen, and Emperor, could they? If you can even come close to them, you're pushing it. Those characters will not see the light of day except as characters I put into the story to move it along. However, as I said, I'm allowing you those powers, under the trust that you won't abuse them.And yes, I like her...flavor.
O/Os

Xanatos

Ah okay, that makes sense. I did not realize you were using them as essentially gods. Thought it was just an example for flavor.

Well I will tone down my powers then. On second thought... I might just scrap the idea. Toning them down will just delude the idea. I don't know.

Xearts

Don't bother. As I said, I'm not going to take the powers away from you, as long as you use them correctly. No overpowering everyone you meet. ;D Don't worry about it. As long as you're careful, it's fine.
O/Os

Xanatos

Okay. My next question is how to deal with collar bearer powers. Do they gain powers off emotions as well? Thus their's are flavored defensive oriented?

Xearts

Collar-Bearers are the White mages of the Collared world. In other words, they are support only. The Collar Queen is the best example of this, being able to heal any wound, shield herself and her allies, and able to move from one place to another instantly in case of retreat. A Bearer is there specifically to give orders and support their Collared. Their powers actually compliment their collared's, rather themselves. If your Collared has a weakness, your powers will probably fill in that void. I didn't name the couple a Symbiosis for nothing. They also tend to be a little full of themselves, if that helps.  ;)
O/Os

Xanatos

Thanks. Now to make the hard choice... male or female bearer... -smirks-

Still open for interest from other players as well. Otherwise I will be a two person show. -chuckles-

mkkdreams

*sneaks back in*
I didn't forget, I promise.  Here's my application...

Name: Desirey
Nickname: Des to her friends, Rey when wanting to keep her anonymity as it keeps her identity androgynous
Orientation: Bisexual
Race: Collar-Bearer
Appearance:She looks something like this
Personality:  She is extremely quiet and tends to keep to herself because of her ability to feel the emotions of others.  It's hard for her to filter them so she finds that solitude is the easiest option.  She's also been used and abused because of her ability, being taken advantage of since she is tiny in stature and not physically strong.
Powers/Skills: She is an empath, able to sense emotions.  The shield she creates is gold in color and rather than made of light, seems to be a bubble that expands around her.  She is able to heal, but can only do it with skin on skin contact and she tends to take on the pain of what she heals.
Collar Design:(Only for 'Bearers.) The collar she was born with

Xearts

Thanks! Looks great! Though...Race is Bearer. I refer each little section of the worlds as a race. So the races are Collar-Bearer, Collared, Bestial, And Human. Humans are the 'Normies."
O/Os

mkkdreams

Oops... I knew I missed something in there LOL.  Sorry about that.

*runs to edit*

Xanatos

Just posting to note I am still here, just having a hard time getting any ideas for a collar bearer. My collared came easily... -wishes same would happen for bearer-