Randomly getting logged out

Started by Elina, December 31, 2010, 12:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elina

I'm supposed to be signed in forever, but I keep getting randomly logged out.  It happened four or five times yesterday and already a couple of times today.  Is this happening to anyone else?  It had never happened to me before yesterday evening.

Vekseid

You're not accidentally clearing cookies are you?

Oreo is having this trouble too, but I don't know who else is.

Beguile's Mistress

It's happened to me once or twice, not even enough to be an annoyance.

Upgrades bring on little buggy problems now and then and nothing seems persistent.

Vekseid

It might be an end of the year issue, I'm not sure.

Beguile's Mistress

I had a page open in a text format rather than the normal way and a couple other things that could have been my fault and not the system.  *shrugs*  Things seem okay for now, though.

Elina

I don't think I'm clearing cookies.  I'll give it a few days, Veks, and see if it doesn't fix itself.

Vekseid

Elina

Okay, I'm going to try to use that from now on and see if that takes care of it.  Thank you!

Oreo

O.o If it is just the three of us it might be Interclue.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Beguile's Mistress

Elina

Oh, I just got a PM from Oreo, so it worked for me and her.

Beguile's Mistress

Mine is working again but for when I tried to quote before I got an error saying I wasn't allow to go there and when I tried to read messages or clicked the My Messages link it wouldn't open. 

Lord Drake

I've had some trouble with PMs recently.... got an error message telling me that the body of the message was empty while it was not. Kept happening some times and now seems not to happen anymore...
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Vekseid

Lord Drake

rather short... two/three lines. Although if I quoted and left the quotation on the PM body (writing the same PM under it) it worked regularly.
— Dream Hampton

Beguile's Mistress

Right now I can't quote, reply or send a PM.

I just sent one with a quote and when I tried to quote/reply with another I got an error, I got an error when I tried to just reply and then when I tried to simply send from the drop down under the My Messages button I got an error.

It also wouldn't load when I tried to reply from an email notification of a PM received.

It will not open the Inbox when I click OK in the pop up notification either.

Elina

Have you tried logging out and back in?  Shutting down your computer when it gets wacky sometimes fixes it, so I'm applying the same logic.

Beguile's Mistress

The PM Inbox and features are the only place I'm having problems and they're intermittent.  Sometimes they're broken and sometimes they work.

Oreo

I had that happen just now with Elina. I thought I had accidentally hit the discard the PM tab, but possibly it is the same glitch. I got the Error report and I am not allowed access to the PM.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Vekseid

What are your browsers and installed plugins?

Beguile's Mistress

I'm running the latest version of Firefox

The Interclue addon is the only new thing I've installed lately.

Oreo

Lord Drake

— Dream Hampton

Vekseid

...try disabling Interclue, or if there's an option, disable for elliquiy.com?

Oreo

Beguile's Mistress

Inbox seems to be working now.  Thank you, Veks, for what ever you did.  :-)

Serephino

I had trouble with getting logged out right after I changed my password.  I did it when we were having trouble with our wireless internet, and my boyfriend's computer was the only one that could get online because it was connected by cable.  I had to change my password because I couldn't remember it.  Then for like two days I kept getting logged out.