Walking Dead Rp (interest thread) CLOSED FOR NOW whist we sort out the new inter

Started by Baalborn87, February 01, 2013, 02:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

Xellotath. (writers block). And male.

mayo, is your avatar from Dr. Steel?

mayovagn

All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Baalborn87

Odanrav

Quote from: LittleKitten on March 15, 2013, 05:56:49 PM
But isn't it every guys dream to have a little girl on a big bike?

Hey, Selene and Lexi are more than welcome to ride along with Moni should they feel the need =P.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Odanrav on March 15, 2013, 06:18:38 PM
Hey, Selene and Lexi are more than welcome to ride along with Moni should they feel the need =P.

Sounds like fun ;)

mayovagn

Not too much room on the back of Freya's bike with the paniers and top box... It would be a tight squeeze...
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Odanrav

I'm sure with motivation like a horde of zombies chasing them, they would find a way to squeeze on there.

Chreestafer

Hello all welcome aboard and can't wait to have fun  :-)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

AribethAmkiir

What stage of the "dead rising" are we starting in?  If we're forming a new group to join with the old group are we still going to start in Washington or somewhere else? 

Baalborn87

Its three (nearly four) days into the "incident". And we are all in Seattle. Idealy your first post should include what happened in the first few days (look at our posts). And you could work out together either in the OOC or via pm, how and when the group formed (ours has literally been together less than a day) .

AribethAmkiir

so 4 days post incident there would still be pockets controlled by military or police forces within the city itself?  The government would still claim that the cities are the safest places, etc?  4 days after the initial incident, the dead would just now begin to start outnumbering the living?  Is that about right, or is my timeline a bit off?

Baalborn87

This is how I opened the Rp
QuoteName:Nathan Steuart
Tagging:No one

"Shit shit SHIT!" Nathan thought to himself as he ran down the street, the sound of his breath rasping in his lungs filling his ears. A group of those Creatures, or dead or whatever were following him with methodical monotony.
It had been two days since the TV had played the same message over and over again "Stay in your homes. General quarantine is in effect, persons found outside designated areas will be detained until further notice. Bottle water and store preservable food. Stay in your homes. Gen....."  and so on. Nathan was content to stay in his crappy little apartment until whatever the hell this was blew over, he still had internet. Until that died. Watched TV, except all that was on was mostly the news. Something about civil unrest around the country. Then it had changed to the message about quarantine.
But he had more on his mind, his neighbours were taking the imposed quarantine with less stride than he was. Screaming at each other at all hours. The man was sick, he heard him coughing frequently. That was until one particularly loud shouting match involved him having a particularly violent coughing fit followed by a loud thump as if something heavy hit the floor. He was about to go to the apartment above when he heard sound of movement and a woman scream. He grabbed a length of steel pipe left over from some plumbing repair work and headed upstairs.
Nathan reached the door and tentatively opened it . What he saw made him gag. A man who he recognised as his neighbour was stooped over the woman. Tearing chunks of intestine out her stomach and stuffing them into his mouth. It must have heard him gag, as it turned towards him and charged like a crazed animal. It was only reflex that saved him. Bringing his improvised weapon across his neighbours brow, felling him with a blow that would render an ordinary person senseless. The creature grabbed at his leg and Nathan brought down the pipe, dashing out its brains.
It was this moment that made Nathan think that the city might not be the safest after all, and he grabbed a coat, some energy bars and a bottle of water and headed out.
"I knew I should've stayed in England" He thought bitterly as he ran down the street, empty save for the occasional thing. "Now I'm lost and its getting dark" he said looking about him.
He ran round a corner and saw it. "The University" He sighed. "Thick doors, a canteen. Should be safe and comfortable, at least for tonight". He made his way to a side door, which was thankfully unlocked and made his way inside, shutting it behind him.
"Hello?" He called. Holding his pipe ready. He had made it to what looked like the delivery area of the kitchen. He moved into the kitchen, thinking if there was anyone. they might group around there. "Hello?" he called again moving through the kitchen. Not noticing the pool of water leaking out of the freezer. "I'm not going to hurt y..." He was cut off as his feet skidded in the water, sending him falling backwards. His head made contact with the floor with a dull thud, and he slipped into unconsciousness.

AribethAmkiir

Right, I've read the IC posts.  What I'm asking about is pretty much OOC information.  I'm not the biggest Walking Dead fan, but I'm a loyal follower of the show and I've read the first set of books.  As a writer, I'm simply trying to get as much information as I can to try to make my character mesh with current events and everyone else's understanding of how things are evolving.  In truth, things in Washington could develop much differently than they did in Georgia.

Also, if we're forming a 2nd group to join the first, we need to figure out what locations might still be fortified and thought safe where a bunch of different folks could possibly meet and decide to stay together.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Tiffany Rose
Appearance: Athletically built, Tiffany appears to be your average young twenty-something.  Her brown, highlighted hair falls past her shoulders and frames a creamy, unblemished complexion and almond colored eyes.  Flannel shirts, T-shirts, and jeans are her typical wardrobe and give the impression that she’s not afraid to get her hands dirty with a hard day full of work.  Brown, broken-in hiking boots cover her feet and support her ankles.
Items: Sleeping bag, 2 blankets, rope, A-frame backpack, a change of clothes, poncho, pocket knife, camera, hunting rifle.
Background:  Born in Alaska, Tiffany has been a nature lover from the moment she could walk. At the age of thirteen, Tiffany moved to Port Angeles with her father after her mother died from breast cancer.  Her teenage years were not easy; with the loss of her mother and most of the people she’d known her entire life.  Despite it all though, Tiffany managed to savage her high school career and made it into college at Washington State.  Her freshman and sophomore years in college flew by in a blur of drunkenness and stupidity and it was only due to living on campus, and a few friends that dragged her to classes with them, that she managed to remain in good academic standing.  Things changed when she began dating Sean Finnegan.  He helped curb her rebellious nature, filled a spot in her lift that had been missing since her mother’s death, and taught her to enjoy the small things in life again.  After graduation from college, Tiffany moved to Denver, Colorado with Sean where he received a job at an Ad Agency, and Tiffany began a career as a photographer.
The two were on their way to Port Angeles to share their engagement with Tiffany’s father when the outbreak occurred.

Sexuality:  Heterosexual.

Baalborn87

RedEve

What kind of characters could you use in this recruiting round?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Baalborn87

RedEve

It depends on how much of a regular Jane you are looking for?

Chreestafer

Hi red! Looking forward to having you on board for great times!

As for a character truthfully be what you want.  You could fit in anywhere be it another cheerleader like Rain or a military kid like myself.   Or be original :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

RedEve

The thing I was considering was the sole surviving member of a SWAT team?

Baalborn87

Cool. Pm me a brief skeleton of your character (age, description, name, etc)

TheLucky13

Hey! I was hoping I could throw my hat into this if there is still room. I have always enjoyed The Walking Dead :)

Baalborn87

OK. you and maby one more. then I'll pause recruitment

Baalborn87

Thanks for the interest.
Recruitment is on hiatus whist I sort out all the interest I have had so far.