Started by Urbanzorro, February 24, 2015, 03:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The IC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224653.0

The OOC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224655.0

IC

Twenty-two years ago a dispute over resources and influence led the planet's two greatest superpowers to battle with one another. It was not long before 'defeat' became 'destroy' and what was at first a limited conflicted grew into a total war. These two great warrior nations soon began to unleash ever more fearsome weapons upon one another. Until one of them finally unleashed their most destructive force of all and the world was bathed in the flames of nuclear Armageddon. Exactly who struck first is no longer known and in truth it doesn’t matter, what does matter is one day the ground shook with a force never before known. Lights, brighter than any ever seen on earth, flashed. And before the sun had set the great cities of man Washington, New York, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and all the others were reduced to crumbling ruins.

Those who survived found themselves forced to come to terms with a new world. A world where food, water, and fuel were now the prime commodities of life. Where the rule of law has been replaced by the rule of strength. In time, new townships were built and survival in the new reality, as difficult as it was, became the way of things and progress became a real possibility instead of simply a fantasy.

But some who survived chose a different path. They decided their strength should not be used as a shield to protect themselves and others from the dangers of the wastes. Instead it should be sharpened into a blade, to strike those around them and take what they wanted. They scavenged off the corpse of the old world and used what they gathered to prey upon any who crossed their path. They gave in to their base instincts and became true predators of the wastes. Commonly known as ‘raiders’ these men and women are feared across the land.

OOC
Ok, so this is an idea for a post apocalyptic game of raiders and captives taking place in my own little alternate universe. It will follow a specific group of nomadic raiders who have settled into a pattern of moving from town to town killing, stealing, and taking whatever they want. Then moving on to the next town in order to give the previous one time to grow back before hitting it again. They would be relatively new to the area but not necessarily new to one another. The story would detail their attacks on towns, their parties, use and abuse of captives, the lives and feelings of the captives, and their combating anything that challenges them. 

As far as numbers and posts goes I’m ideally looking for between 4-10 raiders with between 5-12 captives. But I’m willing to start the game with as little as 2 raiders (plus myself) and 3-4 captives. Players should be able to post between once and twice a day with posts being at least 1-2 paragraphs. The emphasis being on quality over quantity. I don’t mind what a player’s actual sex is in comparison to the sex they choose to play, provided that they can play their chosen sex convincingly. Both raiders and captives can be either male or female. Also each raider will either have to A. have their own method of transportation or B. ride along in one of the other raiders’ vehicles. Each player may take up to 2 characters.

The character sheets are as follows:

Raiders

[b][u]Image:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Position in Gang:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Physical Details: [/u][/b] Anything not pictured that your character has that is important. Such as tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.
[b][u]Character’s Sexuality: [/u][/b] What sort of sexual encounters your character will like for instance m/f, f/f or m/m pairings, not to be confused with the player’s limits
[b][u]Personality: [/u][/b] How they behave and interact with others.
[b][u]Bio: [/u][/b] Who they are and where they came from, this should be at least 2 paragraphs.
[b][u]Vehicle: [/u][/b] What vehicle your character has or what vehicle they ride in if they catch a ride with someone else, this should also include any special details about the vehicle such as weapons, armor, or anything else along those lines.
[b][u]Weapons: [/u][/b] what personal weapons your character has
[b][u]Player’s Limits: [/u][/b] Your actual limits, please remember this is going to be an Extreme game so ideally we are looking for a situation with few real limits to what can/may happen.

Captives
[b][u]Image: [/u][/b]
[b][u]Name: [/u][/b]
[b][u]Age: [/u][/b]
[b][u]Physical Details: [/u][/b] Anything not pictured that your character has that is important. Such as tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.
[b][u]Character’s Sexuality: [/u][/b] What sort of sexual encounters your character will like for instance m/f, f/f or m/m pairings, not to be confused with the player’s limits
[b][u]Personality: [/u][/b] How they behave and interact with others.
[b][u]Bio: [/u][/b] Who they are and where they came from, this should be at least 2 paragraphs.
[b][u]Status:[/u][/b] Are they already captured or have they not been taken yet? Characters who have not yet been captured will be taken during the 1st scene of the game
[b][u]Player’s Limits: [/u][/b] Your actual limits, please remember this is going to be an Extreme game so ideally we are looking for a situation with few real limits to what can/may happen.

Here’s some supplementary information about the game to help you get a feel for its atmosphere. None of this is required reading but it should help to keep us all on the same page if read.

Common Terms

-Wastelands/Badlands/Wastes: The vast stretches of the world, as it is now, with no human settlements. Often considered to be little more than desert and wreckage
-The Old World: The times before nuclear war changed the world
-Juice/Go Juice: A slang term for fossil fuels used to power machines and vehicles, most commonly in reference to gasoline
-Hydro: A slang term for pure safe water
-Red Zone: An area of extremely high levels of radiation

Climate

The climate of the world has been drastically altered by nuclear war, with many different areas suffering different fates due to changes in the atmosphere, mass extinctions, altered weather patterns, etc.

Weather
In North America the climate has shifted from a mild-temperate one to an arid climate. This has turned much of the former United States into a vast stretch of sun baked barren earth. It is always hot in the day, and only cool at night. It has been years since rain last fell with the general consensus being that it may never rain again. 

Radiation
When the bombs fell the United States’ missile defense systems managed, through a mixture of skill and luck, to stop a surprisingly large amount of the missiles targeted at the nation. Despite this fact, both the East and West coasts were nearly saturated in relatively low yield nuclear explosions.

The prevailing winds happened to be blowing east and as such most of the radioactive fallout on the east coast was blown into the Atlantic Ocean, while the fallout on the west coast was for the most part stopped once it reached the Rocky Mountains. As such, the area between the Rocky Mountains and the Midwest suffered much less radiation than the rest of the country.

It is in this area that the largest number of settlements and survivors can be found.

The Sun
The detonation of so many nuclear weapons around the world has done immense damage to the earth’s protective atmosphere. Larger amounts of ultra-violet and infra-red rays now reach the earth’s surface. As a result of this, protective eyewear is a near vital part of everyday life, given that long term unprotected exposure to sunlight now causes blindness.
Technology

Pre-War Technology
Before the war, human society was at the highest technological level in its history, the AIDs virus had been eradicated, a manned mission to mars was planned for the end of the year, and computers were just beginning to become truly intelligent.

Current Technology
Now, most forms of higher technology are all but lost. For the most part computers are little more than stories told by those old enough to remember them to those who will never see them. Relatively few areas have electricity, and even fewer have running water. Almost all delicate electronics have ceased to function or even be thought of as little more than paperweights. Medicine is now a nearly forgotten art and a good doctor is someone of great value. Most cars still run so long as they are maintained and fueled and most guns still fire. Everything from houses to clothes has been modified to be better suited to fit the harsh world that is now earth.

Government

There is no longer a true centralized government, the United States as a nation has ceased to exist. Like so much from the pre-war world it is now just a memory of better times. Every town and settlement, even those that trade with one another,  is for all intents and purposes its own ‘city-state.’ If there ever will be a person or group to rally the remains of the nation around they have not yet shown themselves.

Animals & Plants

Wildlife
Plants
Most species of animals and plants have gone extinct, either as a result of being wiped out by the nuclear blasts or simply being unable to adapt to the planet’s new ecosystem. Those plant species that survive in the wild are only the hardiest and hardest to kill. In the United States this means that cacti and mesquite trees and weeds are all that one can expect to find living in the wild.
Animals
Dogs, coyotes, mountain lions, cows, rats, vultures, and parasitic insects are now the only animal species that can be said to be ‘prospering’ in the wastes.
Domesticated
Plants
With the right facilities most species of plants can still be grown, for the most part corn and potatoes are the only plant species which seem to be worth the effort. Given that they are capable of producing food.
Animals
The primary two species of animals which are still actively being domesticated are dogs an cattle. The former as companions and the later as a food source.

The Average Wastelander

The average wastelander is someone who’s life focuses entirely on survival. Most don’t pay much thought to the plight of those who are not a part of their direct group. They understand and commonly agree with the ideals of helping one another as well as working together to better their situation. Most have come into contact with death from an early age and many can be on some levels numbed to it.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

abandoneddolly

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Amarlo

Image:

Name:
Roach - Roa

Physical Details: A variety of scars, many artistically carved into her flesh rather than to waste ink on her.

Character’s Sexuality: m/f

Personality: This heavily depends on who she’s around and how they react to her. I suppose she is for the most part adaptive.. but undereducated.

Bio:
Roa was born either shortly before the fallout or shortly after. She doesn’t remember her parents; as a matter of fact she doesn’t remember anything of the modern world that came before this hell. What she does know is how the world works now – keep someone stronger than yourself happy and you’ll likely survive. That’s what she’d spent the majority of her life doing, keeping other people happy. It’s survival, you know? Do as that man wishes and walk around topless or spit in his face, get beaten and then thrown to his dogs like that one girl? Seemed very straight forward to her.

Then she woke up, a young woman who’d endured child slavery, and not once had she managed to hold the seed of those that took advantage of her – and this became painfully clear to her captors. She couldn’t conceive a child and there was certainly something very special this day and age about continuing the population. Then it didn’t matter if she behaved, there was no chance of her taking up the mantle of top bitch with this place when she couldn’t give them pups. That’s when her whole attitude changed and not one of them saw it coming, after all she’d been such a well behaved little brat most of her life. It was easy for her to escape that hell hole, even easier for her add a few more breathing holes in her previous master’s flesh – but it wasn’t easy out in the waste and it likely wouldn’t be long before she got snatched up again.

Status: To be discussed, would prefer not yet captured. (If anyone is interested in discussing relationships, friendships or otherwise, please feel free to message me.)

Player’s Limits: Anal, extreme sadism, fecal or urine play.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

abandoneddolly

Image:

Name: Violet

Physical Details:
Character’s Sexuality:   m/f
Personality: She is concerned about the well being of others and tries to follow the value that her parents had put down. She has a bit of a temper though,if you push her hard enough she will likely try to push right back.
Bio:   Before the world had gone to hell her parents has both been doctors. They taught her everything they could about basic survival, how to set a broken bone, stop bleeding basic medical things you could do with whatever was lying around.  Her mother grew a few plants  for medicinal purposes. It was easier to keep these plants alive then it was to find medicine.  They told her that this knowledge was power. As long as she proved useful than nothing bad would happen to her. It did not seem to help her farther though as she lost him . He went out to help someone who got injured outside of town and never came back.

Her and her mother set up a little business in the town they lived in. They would help anyone that was injured in exchange for food and other supplies. She only knows stories of what the world was before. She doe not have it as rough as some people do, her parents had done every thing to set her up well. She carries a bag on her waist that has a few odds and ends medical supplies like a needle and thread, some scrap piece's of cloth, plants from her mothers small garden, and a small jar of honey that she had managed to get her hands on.

Player’s Limits: none, lets see where this story takes us.

Nymphadora

Definitely interested. I'll see how the day plays out with regards to Raider interest.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Urbanzorro

@Amarlo: she looks good and is accepted.

@abandoneddolly: Accepted as well.

@Nymphadora: Feel free to post up a character as soon as you like.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Also, here is my character

Name: Timothy Hodges; Goes by "Tim" or "Big Tim"
Position in Gang: Leader
Physical Details: Tim has a large scar on his right arm starting at his elbow and ending at the shoulder
Character’s Sexuality: Tim is willing to use and abuse just about any person he comes across so long as they catch his eye.
Personality: On the surface Tim is a calm man, he rarely raises his voice unless absolutely necessary. But this outer calm masks the fact that Tim has almost no regard for the well being of most others. He is self assured, confidant, and firm in his decisions. 
Bio: Tim was born before the war, he was 17 when the bombs fell and managed to survive simply by being away from home on the day of the attacks. He spent the early years after the war traveling from place to place searching in the vain hope of finding his family. When he finally accepted it to be impossible something inside Tim changed...

He stopped caring about others, he started to focus only on himself, and it wasn't long before he joined a gang of others like him and took to terrorizing the world's survivors.

Eventually he broke from the old gang and started his own, naming it "The Coyotes," ever since he has been content to simply lead those who follow him and focus his life on enjoying any vice or desire he feels the urge to experience.

Vehicle: Tim drives a heavily modified Challenger with a machine gun fixed to the hood of the car allowing it to be fired as he drives.
Weapons: Tim carries a M16A4 Assault Rifle
Player’s Limits: Scat, not much else for this one :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

eBadger

Interested, looking like an Extreme game?  Some little-to-no-limits stuff could be fun.

Less sure about the multiple posts per day expectation. 

Urbanzorro

@eBadger: Well I'm looking for at least one post a day to keep the game moving well. Hopefully that's not too much of a requiremet?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

eBadger

My weekends are generally shit, but am giving it a solid think :)

Urbanzorro

Well feel free to post up a character if you like :)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Juggtacular

Name: Lucas "Luke" Hodges; Also goes by "Little Tim" and "Psycho"

Position in Gang: 2nd-In-Command

Physical Details: Luke has a thin vertical scar over his right eye from an accident involving a fan belt and a knife. It starts just above his eyebrow, cuts through it, and stops just below his cheek bone. His tongue and both ears are pierced, and he's got lots of tattoos. He's 6'3, weighs about 220lbs, and is cut and muscular from a literal life time of surviving in this shit hole of a world.

Character’s Sexuality: Luke only has eyes for the fairer sex. He's not against multiple partners, but he'll only interact with the women.

Personality: Luke seems to have inherited a lot from his father aside from good looks and dark skin perfect for surviving this new world. He's a calm and analytical person who tends to think carefully before he does anything. Actions have reactions and choices have consequences. He's the voice of reason usually when it comes to his dads plans, and he tries to reason things out before they make any big moves.

However he's confident in his dads lead, as they're all still alive, so for the most part he has no problem following orders. Unlike his dad, his humanity hasn't been completely degraded, and he still cares for people, especially those who fight with him. He also realizes that if you treat people right, they're easier to work with and have around. All of this is the rational side of Luke though. When he gets into a fight, there's a reason they call him Psycho. He turns into a totally different person, enjoying the pain and death he brings to his enemies and toying with them usually before killing them. It's not so much a split personality as it is a release for all the anger and aggression he keeps pent up most of the time.

Bio: Born shortly after the war, Luke was a small piece of happy in Tim's otherwise fucked up life. He couldn't find the rest of his family and Luke's mother died a few days after he was born. He could have left the baby since he was a burden and a liability, but he didn't. Tim raised him to be a fighter, to be strong, to be a leader. Luke has been following in his fathers footsteps for as long as he can remember, and since he was young he's stayed close to him to learn what he could.

Even when that last little bit of hope left his dads eyes, he still had Luke and that was something at least. They didn't have the closest relationship but Luke still loved his dad. Before they split to form the Coyote's, Luke was something of a "Do This". Delivered messages, kept watch, cooked food. Whatever was needed. When one of the older bandits started making life difficult for him and he castrated the guy...well that changed. He left with his dad and helped start the Coyote's despite his young age, and over the years proved himself until dear old dad made him his #2. Now he keeps things running smoothly in the hopes that they can just live.

Vehicle: Luke drives a heavily modified and armored Saleen Mustang. It's got twin mini-guns welded to the right side of the hood, and a passenger can operate them or Luke can shoot them from the drivers seat. They're on a 45 degree swivel so you can aim at anything pretty much not directly behind you. It has missile pods but they've been empty for ages.

Weapons: Luke uses an MK14 EBR for mid to long range engagements. It's not fully automatic, but it doesn't need to be when you can shoot a man's finger off at 1,000 feet. He keeps an FN Five-Seven on his hip, and a pair of Tomahawks he found in an old army jeep for when he wants to get up close and messy.

Player’s Limits: Scat, Heavy Gore, etc...

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Amarlo

This game has become quite promising. :)

@Urbanzorro - Thanks!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Juggtacular

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Urbanzorro

I'm glad to see so much excitement for it  for it.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Chreestafer

im interested in this

are the raiders "bad" or just surviving?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Urbanzorro

I'd say they are bad. Not necessarily raving psycho's but perfectly comfortable with the rape/pillage parts of their lifestyle. Though if you want to create a character who is more along the lines of "just in I for the safety" that's fine. Also if you want to make someone who is more of a psycho that is fine too.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Caela

This looks awesome. Will work up a sheet and see what you think. :D

Chreestafer

im thinking of a unique character who is in it for the safety.  but somewhat of a bible believer of the "old world" hes not a preacher but he has "morals" per say and is often seen reading a bible.  but he does what is necessary to survive like kill or pillage, but he wont go out of his way to murder
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Urbanzorro

@Caela: Can't wait to see what you come up with

@Chreestafer: Sounds interesting

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Caela

Name:
Alexandria "Lex" Thorne
Position in Gang:
Procurement Specialist - If she doesn't have the contacts to find it, it's not there to be found.
Physical Details:
Lex is tall even before you take into consideration the boots she usually wears to make herself even taller. In her bare feet she's 5'11, with her "shit-kickers" she's usually at least 6' even. When it's not covered her long, brunette, hair falls to the middle of her back and while her ears have holes in them for earrings you will never see her actually wear any. One her upper right shoulder is a stylized scar in the shape of a crow and all asking about it will get you is a long, dark, stare until you shut up and go away.
Character’s Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Personality:
Lex is practical. In her heart of hearts she'd like to be kind and nurturing but that's not the world they live in. The world is harsh and demanding and so she's adapted. While not wantonly cruel simply for the enjoyment of being cruel, she has no problem pulling a gun or a knife and if you see the knife it's time to start praying. A gun means a quick death, a knife means you've truly pissed her off and she's going to make you hurt for it.
Bio:
Born before the bombs were dropped, Lex has some memory of the world before it became Hell. She remembers simple things like going to the park with her Mother, or grocery shopping and cooking with her Father. Things you used to just take for granted and that now are rare indeed. They are some of her most prized memories for both their simplicity and because neither of her parents is alive any longer.

Her family made it through the war. Her father was a survivalist and retired Marine. Her mother had been a teacher before she was born but after her birth had chosen to stay home to focus on teaching her only child. Growing up her mother had taught her letters and numbers while her father had taught her basic self-defense, how to shoot a rifle, and how to track and forage in the forest on hunting trips. It had been a good life and those skill still come in handy in this new, harder, world.

After the bombs dropped her mother only survived a few months before they were burying her and after that it was just her and her dad. Without her mother's sweet nature to help temper him, her father became paranoid...but even that served their survival in what the world had become. Their house was boobytrapped and so was their land and Lex spent every day practicing her aim with a variety of guns and knives as well as with her dad's compound bow once she was big enough, and strong enough, to draw the line. The only people he allowed on their land were his old Marine buddies and those that they vouched for, but those were enough to keep them well supplied and to form what would become Lex's contact network.

There was nothing like former military men for finding just what you needed, when you needed it and that they thought of Lex as one of their own, even now, didn't hurt any. The world had become harsh and dangerous, especially for a woman, and her father, and his friends, ensured that Lex would have the skills and training to either ensure her freedom, or that anyone who caught her would think her too damned dangerous to keep her alive and would just kill her outright.
Vehicle:
Truck modified with a machine gun on the passenger side and a rack in the bed to haul a small motorbike that she uses for small jobs where the pick up and drop are more time sensitive.
Weapons:
Lex always has a gun strapped to her hip (these can change based on ammunition on hand and previous looting) and a plethora of knives on her body. The tops of each of her boots hold small blades as to specially made sheathes along her forearms and a bra clip just inside her shirt. If her hair is drawn up the hair stick that hold it have, most likely, been sharpened to a needles point and not having a knife or gun holstered at the small of her back is actually her form of a sign of trust. While it's not the most useful weapon every day, she also keep her father's compound bow in the passenger seat beside her. It's her only sign of sentimentality.
Player’s Limits:
Bathroom play, maiming